Most Successful Vegetable Garden in Las Vegas Desert Yields 600 lbs of Tomatoes a Day

John from http://www.growingyourgreens.com/ goes on a field trip to The Tomato Ladies House to show you how she is able to grow tomatoes in the desert and harvest 600 pounds a day in peak season. In addition, you will learn what else can easily grow in the Las Vegas desert environment. After watching this video you will be confident that you can grow in the Desert of Las Vegas or any desert using the right techniques. You can contact Leslie at tomatotomato@cox.net and her channel at http://www.youtube.com/leslierdoyle

1. Alien Xeliose on June 20, 2021 at 1:25 am

"Her nice huge bush"…I swear I’m not 12 but that just cracked me up!  Thanks for putting together a great video of stuff that can grow in the desert.

2. garden and survival homestead on June 20, 2021 at 1:27 am

hey rain water catch al year then water plants makes water bill lot lessssss

3. altha2008 on June 20, 2021 at 1:30 am

Water restrictions now in Las Vegas and other place out there people needs to use their water from the bath tub, sinks, and washing machine  to water the gardens

4. buyerofsorts on June 20, 2021 at 1:30 am

John Kohler said oranges probably won’t do to well in the desert. He couldn’t be more wrong on that one. He does know a hell of a lot though.

5. Lori Green on June 20, 2021 at 1:32 am

With the drought going on is it smart to be watering so much for a few tomatoes that you can purchase? I was thinking of tomatoes but thanks for reminding me of the reality of living in Vegas.

6. Mrscooter on June 20, 2021 at 1:33 am

Good video. Searching through the transcript helps soooo much! well done.

7. Lawson One on June 20, 2021 at 1:34 am

What. About. Rabbits

8. Guero Guapo on June 20, 2021 at 1:36 am

Have you had any luck with any berries in the Vegas desert?

9. Plant Sugar on June 20, 2021 at 1:36 am

Interesting metallic mulch. 😉

10. AB CD on June 20, 2021 at 1:36 am

Here in Albuquerque we are in zone 7a (altitude 5280 ft). Taos is zone 6. Our summer temps are high and we freeze around the end of October. Please differentiate between high desert conditions (Albuquerque, Denver, Flagstaff) and low desert conditions. I can only dream of Meyer lemons in my garden.

11. Jami Lizak on June 20, 2021 at 1:40 am

The only thing I could ever grow here in LV was cilantro. Our neighbor had fruit trees which brought in a terrible rat problem.

12. riskbusin3ss on June 20, 2021 at 1:41 am

Can you make update video on her house?

13. Ed19601 on June 20, 2021 at 1:41 am

nuts like almonds are fairly prone to Aspergillus infections that produces aflatoxin. hence i can understand the governments rules about pasteurizing or treating nuts, but yes, growing yr own is always better

14. agaveman on June 20, 2021 at 1:41 am

Yes , being yourself is refreshing.
     Phony hair sprayed stiff asses <senator types>are killing the rest of us all.

Thanks John.  "Holmes"

15. Nayr Tnartsipac on June 20, 2021 at 1:41 am

you really got into leslies bush

16. I am a Star Citizen on June 20, 2021 at 1:42 am

Oh so large, just like the bitches like it.

17. Richey-Huskey Farm on June 20, 2021 at 1:45 am

I looked on Amazon and her books cannot be found on there any longer. Any idea on where to get them?

18. Brent McFarland on June 20, 2021 at 1:45 am

I live in Las Vegas. Like your tips. Want to have a successful garden. Thanks for all the tips you offer!

19. Eating Gardens on June 20, 2021 at 1:45 am

Great video! ty for sharing.

Living mulch!!!! thumbs up!

20. James Bustard on June 20, 2021 at 1:46 am

Always with the dick jokes, you pervy spazz.

21. Belinda Shields on June 20, 2021 at 1:47 am

awesome,thanks.

22. gmariman5 on June 20, 2021 at 1:47 am

I’m tryna see the full tiddy

23. Eloah DRmwvr on June 20, 2021 at 1:47 am

Took me a few years to figure out what it was about you that got under my skin. I think i finally understand now …  You SHOUT instead of talk. Not sure why you feel the need to do that but for a sensitive individual it is really disturbing for those like myself.

24. Gardening With Puppies on June 20, 2021 at 1:49 am

Thanks for taking us back to the Tomato Lady’s Garden. It is amazing how well everything is growing in the desert.

25. wilkus46 on June 20, 2021 at 1:51 am

Haha. Is that an Eggplant in your pocket? Funny guy.

26. Calzy on June 20, 2021 at 1:52 am

Seen a few videos from this gentleman now, I must say I really appreciate his enthusiasm and messages. I hope that the production quality may improve in the near future because I think that would increase the channel’s reach and impact. Peace and keep up the amazing work. The passion is easily identified over here.

27. the4thj juno on June 20, 2021 at 1:54 am

It’s category is labeled "Education", why do you keep trying to selling me something?
    You’ve just said, "look at this!, she can sell you this".

28. flashhassen on June 20, 2021 at 1:55 am

Hey there,
    Need some advice please.
    I have some tomatoes growing for the past two months or so. and they are doing great generally. They have a lot of blossoms for a while now but only 2 fruit have set. I have been tapping them to aid in pollination and I have seen some bees around as well but the fruit isn’t setting. They have been watered pretty well, but not too much because my country is currently in a drought. The rains have been coming in a bit now so we haven’t been wetting them as much, but the soil isn’t bone dry or anything. The temperature here is around 29-33 deg C daily right now and the humidity is around 70%. Do you know why the fruits aren’t setting?
    ♡Thanks in advance!♡

29. Nicolas Lawlor on June 20, 2021 at 1:56 am

Is that ur dirty socks in my garden.
    Las Vegas humor.

30. Tina V. on June 20, 2021 at 1:56 am

Can’t believe I’m just now seeing this after all these years! BOTH you and Leslie (the little Minx) were in rare form…hiilarious!

31. Kpaullo on June 20, 2021 at 1:59 am

“That’s what my ex girlfriend use to say about me.” Lmao immediately clicked the like button

32. bootstrap garden on June 20, 2021 at 2:00 am

"This is going in", hahaha! He just keeps saying it, lol!

33. J C on June 20, 2021 at 2:00 am

I really enjoyed this video, John you were in raw form, Naughty and funny at the same time!! One of your best ever! Thank you!

34. Maria A on June 20, 2021 at 2:02 am

😍😍😅😅

35. 1charlastar on June 20, 2021 at 2:04 am

I don’t know water prices in Las Vegas, but where I live in the desert of Southern California, if I watered that much, my water bill would be at least $500 a month. Maybe more.

36. doyouremember22 on June 20, 2021 at 2:04 am

The entire almond "fruit" is edible and eaten in many cultures, it’s not just the nut inside! The trick it to pick it earlier on when the hard nut coating is still soft and the nut inside has a "jelly" texture. The whole thing taste sour and delicious and can be purchased in Armenian/ Arabic produce stores when it’s in season.

37. Anthony Sinclair on June 20, 2021 at 2:05 am

John did you ever contemplate becoming an auctioneer? ; )

38. Samuel Galdieri on June 20, 2021 at 2:06 am

I want to have a garden like that some day, having chickens would be nice too for fresh eggs, right now I have a 12×14 raised bed so I’ll be able to pull plenty out of that for now but what a killer garden

39. SuperKenneth187 on June 20, 2021 at 2:06 am

Damn you go a little too far you’re like "I refuse to wipe my ass unless it is organic toilet paper".

40. Nayr Tnartsipac on June 20, 2021 at 2:07 am

Gotta love John. Total nerd. but this dude is dedicated. He goes everywhere on the west coast and beyond. I would love to see him go to vietnam, morocco, or israel and do videos on the food forest and innovative farming being done there

41. Robb Cobb on June 20, 2021 at 2:08 am

Love leslie’s big bush and big n sweet melons!!

42. Wild Horse's On The Move on June 20, 2021 at 2:11 am

Where is the best place to go for organic foods that is grown here?

43. TheGamer on June 20, 2021 at 2:12 am

How many ton of tomato can yield per acre and how long?

44. Jeez S. Christ on June 20, 2021 at 2:13 am

Just planted my "home depot" garden. Built a box, filled with Miracle Gro and local soil. I am sure I will regret having used the MG stuff but I am just a beginner with a red thumb of death. Hoping to get some tomatoes and carrots, low expectations.
    Loving these vids, they help so much.

45. Susie on June 20, 2021 at 2:13 am

With that many tomato plants, I don’t suppose she goes around and pulls off suckers and lower leaves. Since these are primary tips most gardeners tell you is a must, how does hers do so well? What’s the difference? Sun, soil and moisture is a constant with every gardener.

46. St.Fiacre on June 20, 2021 at 2:13 am

9:15 –the reason the malabar spinach is growing in Vegas,is because its growing in dappled light under some shade trees–don’t assume you could plant that in full sun,and have it thrive like that.

47. christian66ca on June 20, 2021 at 2:15 am

if you are hung like an eggplant as u say you are perhaps you should do a nekkid gardening video with the tomato lady

48. Truelove on June 20, 2021 at 2:16 am

GO BIG OR GO HOME !

49. Tony Canaris on June 20, 2021 at 2:19 am

Las Vegas. Do you start seeds in November , December we get small transplants here in Imperial county,Ca in January. Feb and transplant the small seedling which grow till lateJuly. We still have a little cherries left on our drying vines..

50. Joker day on June 20, 2021 at 2:25 am

your great !!!, what kind of soil should i use and whats the best way to keep them watered where there isn’t much water and last thing what kind of methods should i use to repel insects .Thanks a lot