How To Build A Raised Garden Bed

How To Build A Raised Garden Bed

Ever want to grow fresh veggies and flowers, but space is limited? A raised garden bed is a perfect solution! Here’s how to make one. Need more details? Find them here: http://low.es/1NNGdjK

Subscribe to Lowe’s YouTube: http://bit.ly/1blLmvD or head to our channel: http://www.youtube.com/Lowes

For more ideas to improve your home, check out Lowe’s How-To Library or our other social media channels:
Lowe’s – http://www.lowes.com/how-to-library
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lowes
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lowes
Pinterest – http://www.pinterest.com/lowes
Instagram – http://www.instagram.com/loweshomeimprovement

1. Syed Rafiq Kazim on June 22, 2021 at 1:36 am

So if I don’t have enough space in my garden, building a raised garden within the space would solve that problem?

Some please explain

2. Tamm on June 22, 2021 at 1:38 am

Instruction video way too fast to follow thru! Lol!

3. KARTHIBANATHAN Sembuveerappan on June 22, 2021 at 1:39 am

Thanks a lot

4. MAKENZIE WATSON on June 22, 2021 at 1:42 am

This helped a lot, I love gardening😊

5. Quinten Dewit on June 22, 2021 at 1:49 am

Just use a treated fans 2 rows high i have it this way for already 3 year no rot or other things its the best

6. Arrow Fastener on June 22, 2021 at 1:49 am

Thanks for using our T50 staple gun for this project! #ArrowStrong

7. Brady Aldrich on June 22, 2021 at 1:57 am

i have a slope in my backyard where I want to install a raised garden bed. How do I go about leveling it out before installing?

8. The best on June 22, 2021 at 1:57 am

Fffyyyyyyggg

9. shawn corrigan on June 22, 2021 at 2:04 am

I can tell you how to build nice planters almost free that will last ten times longer than untreated lumber boxes.
    I use recycled metal roofing,split in half into 12in strips, its free and around at any dump. old metal roofing is always thrown away, or you can buy corrugated metal roofing and split in half,very cheap.
    collect strips of wood cut on a table saw into 1×2’s ,use the long ones on top, short pieces on the bottom, drive wood stakes in a straight line ,if you have hard ground, use rebar on occasion. put the shorter strips along the bottom and screw the long strips to the tops of the stakes, holding the sheets of metal at the same time to save screws. I make them 4 ft wide and usually 40 feet long. Ive made hundreds of feet of these and they really work great. other ways are expensive and rot quickly, or leach chemicals from treated wood ,yucko !!
    this will last 10 years because the dirt is not touching the strips of wood. only the metal. paint the wood and it will look cool and last longer. a tiny amount of collecting and you can do all of it for free, except some screws.

10. MJ on June 22, 2021 at 2:07 am

That pencil was way to big.

11. B Cook on June 22, 2021 at 2:08 am

Not bad advice. Treated lumber is safe btw. Has been ACQ instead of arsenic for over 10 years.

The mesh at the bottom isnt going to keep out weeds, but it WILL keep out gophers, moles and voles. Landscape cloth would keep weeds out but not allow veggie roots to go through, so cardboard or several layers of newspaper are an alternative. It will stop weeds from coming up long enough for them to die, and will decompose by the time vegetable roots get that far down.

12. Youngman Um on June 22, 2021 at 2:14 am

I wonder if the frame wood needs to be painted by sealant.

13. Brian Hughes on June 22, 2021 at 2:15 am

If I were to line it with plastic like you recommend, seems like rot resistant wood would be ok. It might be ok anyway, I’ve had the rot resistant in my garden for a few years now and I’m still alive (kids have two heads, but whatever). The funny thing is that it will rot over time anyway. Since I’m remodeling my garden this year, I’m planning on using PT HF and lining it.

14. Brandy Blankenship on June 22, 2021 at 2:16 am

Brandy and 66

15. Wayne Touchet on June 22, 2021 at 2:18 am

Looking for a price on 1/2 inch treated plywood

16. Blb reptiles on June 22, 2021 at 2:19 am

i used this as a tortoise table(tortoise enclosure) outside my garded, works amazingly… THANKS

17. BlueCat Blu on June 22, 2021 at 2:19 am

You don’t even need to remove the grass. If you place layers of old newspapers and straw on the bottom, it works like composting and also kills the weeds.

18. Fernando Coelho on June 22, 2021 at 2:22 am

Great video! I’m just disliking it for not using the metric system!

19. Veronica Williams on June 22, 2021 at 2:22 am

Well I don’t have a house but I got indoor garden but still want to make my garden bed small for out doors but bring inside.

20. Ezaarkash on June 22, 2021 at 2:23 am

Was this pressure treated wood? If not, make sure its NO WHERE near your house as it 100% Executive and VIP invitation for termites — So you can use treated lumber but use the plastic shield on the inside to keep it safe ..or simply buy your veggies from a store near lowes..;)

21. Gi Erre on June 22, 2021 at 2:23 am

Plastik

22. tony borg on June 22, 2021 at 2:23 am

Wood should be red not with. Screws stainless steal.

23. Nora Allan on June 22, 2021 at 2:25 am

Nice video. Making the frame higher (16”, but needs more dirt) and with a flat 2×4 along the top edge makes it easy to sit on, no more kneeling!

24. Stafon Von Camron on June 22, 2021 at 2:29 am

If you want a pound instead. Build out this frame but make it at least 4 ft tall, dig in the ground a 2ft-4ft hole, fill the bottom with sand and then add a pound liner in the both and fill with your water/fish, put rocks/stone around it with your waterfall feature and filter pump..