Getting Started with your Grow Box – WPHF

Getting Started with your Grow Box – WPHF

We have about 200 boxes out in the community now and another 100 on the way. So….I asked Tia Meer of the Simple Living Institute to help me demonstrate how to get started with the Grow Box while she was over picking up the Boxes she ordered for the Institute. Stay tuned for updates at each important stage of your Box’s life cycle.

1. Renuka Ramsaywack on June 27, 2021 at 1:56 am

This helped me very much and keep up the good work

2. scott kern on June 27, 2021 at 1:56 am

So you don’t need to water on top? I think you do untill roots get down

3. scott kern on June 27, 2021 at 1:57 am

I’m a little curious on how much that one package was is that including shipping or does it matter what state you live in

4. Michael Vicars on June 27, 2021 at 1:59 am

What brand is this grow box, I didn’t catch name and didn’t see a link to buy them?

5. scott kern on June 27, 2021 at 2:01 am

When you fill those two columns in what is holding the dirt in place? I only seen one lever go down there must be three other sides to it or something

6. Naya And Friends on June 27, 2021 at 2:02 am

Y’all sound super nerves are you sure your ok😐I’m gonna do it and I wanna be sur that your doing it right

7. Arnie Mazza on June 27, 2021 at 2:03 am

I dont see where you showed adding the fertilizer ?

8. V Kash TM on June 27, 2021 at 2:10 am

I have 2 of these for an indoor grow rack with high power LED lights and i added 2 air stones to each and Ive had great results. I love it, its like a hybrid deep water culture system and since the soil or potting mix has so much organic compost including castings its great food and most pure hydro systems the grow media is lacking any beneficial fertilizers. Also being indoor in California where the sun is potent, these grow boxes will last forever as opposed to crumbling under UV exposure after a few seasons.

9. Chet Armlin on June 27, 2021 at 2:14 am

Guess the fertilizer strip is a secret

10. scott kern on June 27, 2021 at 2:16 am

That mesh piece that you flop straight down on each side what holds the dirt from going in where all the waters can be poured in on the outside I guess I didn’t know that is it is it a pocket that sealed all the way around

11. donald kindle on June 27, 2021 at 2:17 am

I just ordered 3 of them I sure hope they work the way people say

12. Ken Anderson on June 27, 2021 at 2:20 am

I now have 3 of these GrowBoxes, that this will be my 1st year to grow food with them.

13. Kathryn Burnett on June 27, 2021 at 2:21 am

My advise is do not fill the bottom with water until you see the roots are down far enough to be able to drink up the water because you will end up with mosquito’s laying and then you will have a mosquito problem, keep the plants watered from the top until then.

14. willette barnes on June 27, 2021 at 2:25 am

I really like these grow boxs I bought 3 of them and I will go back and get three more.

15. Vidya Sampath on June 27, 2021 at 2:27 am

This is my home work

16. david hudson on June 27, 2021 at 2:28 am

Helpful hints…. Never use city water unless you put it in a bucket and allow the chlorine and lye to gas off or have an inline filter… add 2lbs of rock dust (Azomite) per container, 1-2lbs food grade calcium, two teaspoons of Sea 90 and 25% of the growing media should be worm castings……

17. scott kern on June 27, 2021 at 2:28 am

Well here’s another question is that just the same as a potato bag except double layered I bet you’re a washcloth would work really good the kind you dry yourself off with Woodland water through and keep the weeds out

18. Outa ThisWorld on June 27, 2021 at 2:29 am

I have thirty of these. Work well. Best way is to have them incorporated into your garden drip system so they are refilled automatically. I use thick layer of wood chips on top of soil to minimize evaporation, not just burlap. They DO provide harbor for mosquito larvae in reservoir, just FYI. Do best with plants that are not super thirsty and do not grow tall, otherwise plants will need support. Have worked great with my onions and carrots!

19. Sandra Smith on June 27, 2021 at 2:30 am

What about he fertilizer

20. Gloria Machado on June 27, 2021 at 2:34 am

Grow boxes, I’m so interested

21. Linda on June 27, 2021 at 2:34 am

Stuff a balled up piece of nylon mesh into the fill/drain hole to keep mosquitoes out of the water. : )

22. nightwing332 on June 27, 2021 at 2:37 am

I hope these work i ordered 6 of them since my yard is nothing but clay and shale and deer and other wild life

23. MY PERMACULTURE GARDEN on June 27, 2021 at 2:38 am

Just came to watch and liked and blessed you !

24. Fox Strehlow on June 27, 2021 at 2:40 am

what about opening the fertizler tube, it says to water it or cut it with a knife

25. Tracy Barker on June 27, 2021 at 2:40 am

Ordered 10 boxes and they just arrived today. Can’t wait to see how this works out this summer! I’ll be back to let you know.

26. Gloria 78 on June 27, 2021 at 2:40 am

Thank you SO much for this tutorial! It really made it easy to understand. : )

27. Garrett Moffitt on June 27, 2021 at 2:40 am

Says he will ‘use’ Tia to show us and is the expert, and then he immediately takes over.
    New Title: Mansplaining the grow box.

28. Atmur Stokes on June 27, 2021 at 2:41 am

You don’t use "dirt" as he says. Growbox instructions specifically says use Potting Mix!

29. Michael Williams on June 27, 2021 at 2:43 am