Winter Garden and Greenhouse- Can I Keep These Veggies Growing?

Winter Garden and Greenhouse- Can I Keep These Veggies Growing?

Join me in our garden and see if I can keep these plants growing in my greenhouse!
Wanna See More-
Instagram- @thehoneystead
Website- www.quailhollow.farm
Facebook- Quail Hollow Honeystead

Wanna Send Us Love-
The Honeystead
PO Box 178
Bentonville, VA 22610

If You Would Like to Support our Channel:
Shop My Amazon:

Wish List:

Gear: Canon EOS 80D with Rod mic
Editing App: iMovie

1. Billy Pressley on June 28, 2021 at 1:49 am

Hello kaylee just wondering where your homestead is?

2. john L on June 28, 2021 at 1:49 am

So nice to see you! I hope you and your family grow more prosperous and blessed of God! Keep up the good videos 😃
    P.s. Brazil is very hot…..

3. The Citystead on June 28, 2021 at 1:50 am

Happy New Year! I think I’m going to be going back and watching a lot of your honeybee videos this winter while getting ready for ours to get here!

4. Larry Gee on June 28, 2021 at 1:51 am

Hey Kaylee… The trick on the kale, etc. is to plant them in large (1 gallon) pots, submerged into the planter bed. Then, when it’s time to bring them into the hothouse, just grab the entire pot. Root system wouldn’t be disturbed doing that.

5. Tom Fairbourn on June 28, 2021 at 1:51 am

Happy New Year Kaylee. Do you do anything in your green house to retain the heat at night?

6. Heartland Makes & Outdoors on June 28, 2021 at 1:52 am

It has been really warm here as well, Kinda weird. Thank you for taking us along with you, love the green house, looks really nice. Thanks again for sharing young lady and I hope you and your family have a blessed weekend.
    Dale

7. L A on June 28, 2021 at 1:59 am

How did they end up doing?

8. Nazar Pukshyn on June 28, 2021 at 2:02 am
  9. Roger Vidal on June 28, 2021 at 2:04 am

Hello 👋 kaylee happy new year… greetings to u and u green house 🏡 😆…hope ths year is full of blessings to your family and your beautiful farm…god bless you guys!!!!!!♥️🌹🐝

10. We Are The Wesner's on June 28, 2021 at 2:04 am

Love the video! I wish we could grow good during any part of the year! We just have to work on the saltiness of our soil here!

11. Ohskelily Wurarah on June 28, 2021 at 2:07 am

Happy New Year

12. Stefani Blooms on June 28, 2021 at 2:08 am

Wow.. Its so nice to see things growing!

13. Gail Elwood on June 28, 2021 at 2:11 am

I am 5 hours south of you in middle NC and I planted my collards late last fall. They actually not only survived through snows and freezes they grew and bolted in the early hot spring. I let them bloom for the bees and forgot about them. They made seed and still, a few lived. I noticed earlier fall that there was growth on the tip of one and new growth at the roots. I actually harvested some of those greens for my new year day supper. Never underestimate the power of greens.

14. Mel Prates, Método Recuo on June 28, 2021 at 2:11 am

👏👏👏👏🤝

15. Pasieka Słodki Miś on June 28, 2021 at 2:16 am

How much time did you spend on preparing this movie? I try to start on youtube and it would take more time than I have.

16. OneCupOfCoffee204 on June 28, 2021 at 2:16 am

What a beautiful person.

17. التائه المجنون on June 28, 2021 at 2:16 am

Hello, I am from Algeria. New to your channel, beekeepers. I love farming.

18. Prairie Girl & Cowboy Homestead on June 28, 2021 at 2:17 am

Just found your channel. We are life time country folk here in Montana..

19. Robert Lafollette on June 28, 2021 at 2:18 am

Thanks Honey Girl. Excited for spring also. God Bless.

20. Jerome Bee Farm & Homestead on June 28, 2021 at 2:23 am

Wow, that’s an awesome greenhouse. Yeah, spring is going to be a long wait. I’ve been making some beeswax candles on these cold days. Didn’t make a video though. Taking a break. Take care.

21. Rai R on June 28, 2021 at 2:25 am

How did they do?

22. Edward Clark on June 28, 2021 at 2:26 am

If there’s a will; there’s a way.

23. Raising Wildflowers on June 28, 2021 at 2:27 am

My girls love watching your videos with me lately. They love your bees & my 3 year thinks your greenhouse is "gorgeous".

24. BigggRoss on June 28, 2021 at 2:30 am

There are many things you could try for heating in the greenhouse. The easiest would be to put in a couple heat lamps or even just a 150 watt light bulb would help. Maybe some sort of passive heating also (tank of water heated by the sun through black hose coiled up on the roof). I would even say try putting coldframes over some of the plants. As long as the leaves don’t touch the glass/plastic of the coldframe (even something as simple as a milk jug or water bottle) it should help. Well a couple ideas anyway for you .

25. larry tornetta on June 28, 2021 at 2:30 am

Good idea. They will grow. Keep them watered.

26. BeeHeads Outdoors on June 28, 2021 at 2:31 am

Thinking about building a small greenhouse..keep me/us updated on how the experiment works. Thx

27. Apiários Pedra Azul on June 28, 2021 at 2:31 am

Happy New year

28. Hey It's a Good Life on June 28, 2021 at 2:32 am

good luck lil kales! happy new year!

29. Sherry Lu on June 28, 2021 at 2:32 am

I put the composing bin in the greenhouse to increase the heat naturally in the greenhouse, I only drill holes 🕳in the bottom with lid close on top of the composing bin

30. Malik Honey &Beekeeping on June 28, 2021 at 2:32 am

Hello kylee first happy new year and best of luck

31. المرادية لتربية النحل beekeeping-apiculture on June 28, 2021 at 2:33 am

trop coooL👍💚

32. The Rustic Ranch Garden on June 28, 2021 at 2:35 am

I love your garden and raised beds. As well as your greenhouse. Hopefully your plants do well. Blessings. Bertha in Texas.

33. Raising Nobles on June 28, 2021 at 2:39 am

What is that nifty tool you used to lift the kale out of the beds?

34. Gardening With SkinnyBoyRandy on June 28, 2021 at 2:44 am

New here. Nice video! I am growing different varieties of greens in my greenhouse during winter also. I have subscribed to your channel. Happy New Year! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR4fmSIwNwAEVV0PdUYu_eg?view_as=subscriber