Solar Pumps?! I bought these Fountain Pumps, just to test them!

Solar Pumps?! I bought these Fountain Pumps, just to test them!

Follow my Instagram and share your Water Feature Build with me! @travis.jantzer

I installed the Solar Fountain: https://youtu.be/DKkZECwngCo
Solar Lights Review: https://youtu.be/QpJL9TyoFxU

Extra Notes:
– These need direct sunlight. That’s why they have10+ ft. cords. Perhaps you could run the solar panel up onto a roof, or fence to keep it in the sun. They will not run at night.
– I did not test them for a long period of time or through any weather, so I cannot (at the moment) tell you how durable they are.
– Larger pumps require bigger panels and are more expensive. This video is just to scratch the surface. If my subscribers want to see larger pumps, I will 100% find the time to explore them!

Links to the solar pumps in this video below, thanks for watching!

Mademax Solar Bird Bath Fountain: https://amzn.to/3twVw6M
Sunlitec Solar Fountain with Panel: https://amzn.to/32lQzl1
Eco-Worthy Solar Fountain Pump: https://amzn.to/3dqT4ZW

My Camera: https://amzn.to/3aVb8Zb
My Microphone: https://amzn.to/2Qs3PP4
My Drone: https://amzn.to/31tkYyl

(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)

Hello my name is Travis Jantzer! I make videos about Projects, or Life Events that I feel are worth Documenting.
My Wife and I have been married for 3+ years and have a two daughters. We love road trips, bouldering, and ultimate frisbee. I love doing home improvement projects and Landscaping. We are also recovering from a Wildfire that destroyed the famliy business I run with my Dad. Stop on by any time to see my life or a project I’m proud of. Leave a comment and we can chat ๐Ÿ™‚

-Travis Jantzer

P.s. You can find me on Instagram and Twitter with โ€œTJantzerโ€ and visit my website to see my writing and blog posts at TJantzer.com

1. Peter Sedesse on July 2, 2021 at 1:54 am

The $15 pumps burn out in a few months.

2. Ms Pat on July 2, 2021 at 1:54 am

Videos in under 10 minutes with full information = new subscriber, who shares.
    ๐Ÿ’ž~๐Ÿ‘ต

3. gerilynne1955 on July 2, 2021 at 1:56 am

I’m enjoying your little girl as she decorates the fountain/kiddie pool. She’s adorable.

4. Ricardo Caliman on July 2, 2021 at 1:57 am

As a person who has been disappointed with every solar product I have owned…. I’m curious about the life expectancy of the solar panel(s) ?

5. Travis Jantzer on July 2, 2021 at 1:58 am

Hey everyone! I installed that Square Fountain! Check it out ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Dona Fellows on July 2, 2021 at 2:00 am

If I could mix and match a solar water pump with a battery, that would be great. Want something I can sit and enjoy with my coffee in the morning, or my wine in the evening, as the sun is waning.

7. A McGrath on July 2, 2021 at 2:03 am

Thank you so much for demonstrating this suff for a total beginner in the browsing n ideas stage. I want to do a bird bath. I just bought the $15 one from the list in your video notes so you get the deserved sales cred.

8. Nancy Sexton on July 2, 2021 at 2:08 am

Nice!!โ˜˜

9. Glyn Williams on July 2, 2021 at 2:11 am

Awesome

10. Daniel P on July 2, 2021 at 2:12 am

Do you know if you could utilize a battery pack of some kind to allow for the solar pump to be used during/after sunset?

11. Dart Gar on July 2, 2021 at 2:12 am

85 dollars will get you a 100 watt polycrystalline solar panel plus a pump for 15

12. Tamra Mast on July 2, 2021 at 2:12 am

You could always make a cement diy design, that 15$ pump is nice

13. tazmankb26 on July 2, 2021 at 2:14 am

Travis- perfect video at the right time. I’m doing a Japanese Zen garden with bamboo water feature so it will trickle into a bowl and overflow into the basin hidden underneath. Do either of the one’s with the solar panel you mount have ‘flow control’ for the pump? I only have a 2′ lift up the bamboo, then it will come down another piece of bamboo and I only want a trickle into the bowl so I need to be able to control the flow rate.

14. Jonny_mazerati on July 2, 2021 at 2:17 am

Late to the party ๐Ÿ˜‚

15. Queezy on July 2, 2021 at 2:20 am

you should think about doing some youtube shorts to help expand your channel

16. ADVENTURE Xperience on July 2, 2021 at 2:22 am

take the pump out of any junk vehicle windshield wiper res.
    old car bat. and any small 12v solar panel///

17. Noth Groth on July 2, 2021 at 2:22 am

Your channel WILL blow up. Consider using Tik Tok as well!!

18. anonymous mc on July 2, 2021 at 2:23 am

The cord should be short as possible

19. Jeff Musor on July 2, 2021 at 2:23 am

THANX i have an old satellite dish that will be converted into a waterfall birdbath. this is the answer to power it remotely!

20. Tamra Mast on July 2, 2021 at 2:23 am

I love you fountain THANKS, Countess Tamra Mast healer PhD

21. OhioBucs on July 2, 2021 at 2:24 am

Love this!!! Thanks for trying the solar pumps. They work better than I imagined. Am ordering some now.

22. Alex Summersell on July 2, 2021 at 2:25 am

A 12 volt boat bilge pump would work really well, moving a lot of water.

23. Mark Vasiloff on July 2, 2021 at 2:25 am

Nice work, Travis.

24. creolelady182 on July 2, 2021 at 2:27 am

Great video

25. Awakened Journey on July 2, 2021 at 2:30 am

I love this !!!! Thank you !!!!

26. Nota Enne Bodie on July 2, 2021 at 2:31 am

FYI the floating solar bird bath has to be cleaned often if you have hard water or messy bird water or it will not get enough sunshine to work very well.

27. Douglas Windsor on July 2, 2021 at 2:31 am

It’s amazing how much water these little pumps will move my brother used to cruise the alleys one day he found a new decorative fountain turned out it was damaged beyond repair but the pump and lighting were okay my rain barrels by the house filled up during a rain storm and I had four extra barrels not hooked up so needing some way to get the water to the extra barrels I grabbed the pump from the fountain stuck a thirty foot length of plastic tubing to it and run it across the yard to the barrels I figured if I could pump some water across some is better than none it was still raining when I went out and checked it and the first extra barrel was full so I moved it to another it rained all day long and by the time I shut it down for the night all the barrels were full this is my 2nd season this year I’m building a first flush system putting gutter guards and tie the 3 by the house together I’m putting eavtrough on the garage and my sheds I’ll use the pump to transfer water from the house to my barrels by the garden since the pump is 12 volt I’m going to hook it all toy a 12 volt solar system now to run the pipes under ground across the yard all the items I’m using are items others have thrown in the trash except the solar panels the controller I need to put a new battery in my jump starter pack also I’ll need float controls but if you have Kijiji classifieds in your area or other free ad sites check out the freeby section and the garden section it’s amazing what people give away or sell cheap

28. Lofu studios on July 2, 2021 at 2:32 am

Almost 5k nice going

29. Julie Barnett on July 2, 2021 at 2:32 am

Thanks, man.

30. Create Your Garden Oasis on July 2, 2021 at 2:33 am

Thanks for the info, saves me time and money !!

31. Lorraine Damiano on July 2, 2021 at 2:35 am

I bought that same $15 solar pump (the small square one) last summer and it lasted only 3 months. I bought another one thinking I had a lemon and the same time frame and it stopped working again in 3 months. waste of money.

32. Mrs Staff78 on July 2, 2021 at 2:38 am

We have one like the small fountain with the separate solar panel and it works better when itโ€™s not in full sun, works in winter obviously when the water is not frozen. We got it on eBay from China it was about ยฃ7.99 and weโ€™ve had it about 5 years now.

33. Mp 13 on July 2, 2021 at 2:38 am

Love your hazel&float fountains ๐Ÿ˜Š

34. Andrew Hess on July 2, 2021 at 2:40 am

I’ve seen batteries for the solar units that would let them operate in less than full sun. Might be helpful to incorporate into the build.

35. jackie on July 2, 2021 at 2:42 am

Very neat.

36. Bella H on July 2, 2021 at 2:45 am

Would love to see if there is enough power in one of these solar pumps to flow a small creek.

37. drtek on July 2, 2021 at 2:46 am

Thank you! Just what I wanted to know…Have one of the floating ones, works ok, good for mosquito issues and hummingbirds…but clogs. SUPER DIY!

38. Chic In The Woods TV on July 2, 2021 at 2:46 am