Amazing Concrete Garden Boxes PART 2 – DIY Forms to Pour and Cast Cement Planter link together Beds

Make your own Concrete Garden Boxes! Build the forms and cast your own reinforced concrete panels that lock together to make long lasting and durable garden boxes. Complete precast build video that shows step-by-step how to make the wooden molds for the concrete garden boxes. This is Part 2.

SUBSCRIBE: https://www.youtube.com/c/MANaboutTOOLS?sub_confirmation=1

PLANS: https://manabouttools.com/product/concrete-garden-box-panels-v2-digital-plan/

SUPPLIES, HARDWARE, and TOOLS for this project (affiliate links)

SEE PART 1: http://youtu.be/yuSBwFkCiAw

TOOLS I USE: https://manabouttools.com/tools-i-use/

My VIDEO GEAR: https://manabouttools.com/tools-i-use/ (affiliate links)

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/manabouttools/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/manabouttools
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/manabouttools
Website: https://MANaboutTOOLS.com
Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/manabouttools

DISCLAIMERS:
Some of these links have an affiliate code, if you purchase tools with these links I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! The tools or equipment seen in this video and have been purchased ourselves.
#gardening #diy #gardenideas

1. C.J. Mihalko on July 5, 2021 at 2:13 am

Have you ever tried a C shape? It seems like it would work, but would it end up perfectly square since the ends overlap?
    I was thinking about making a big one. I would make them of 48 in panels and the C shape would fill a square that was 20 by 16 feet with the center hollow and an entrance so that you could access the beds from the inside and outside.
    Any thoughts?

2. Abel Wang on July 5, 2021 at 2:13 am

This is amazing!!!! Nicely done!

3. Albert Branca on July 5, 2021 at 2:18 am

4. MatthewG on July 5, 2021 at 2:19 am

I like your new design. By making different size bases, I can use the same sides & end caps.

5. A.R.C vrs N.A.R.C on July 5, 2021 at 2:19 am

How do you cut the angle on an inset so level?

6. RN Man on July 5, 2021 at 2:20 am

After removing the formed concrete from the wooden forms, you mentioned "the newly cast panel should be keep wet and allowed to cure for about four weeks" (17 mins) . Do you immerse the concrete in water or just soak it with a hose through the day?

7. Rocky Amin on July 5, 2021 at 2:20 am

you should sell frame people who do not have tools they will buy from you.

8. Ruth Sánchez Amador on July 5, 2021 at 2:20 am

I want some of you beautiful boxes

9. Tyler Simon on July 5, 2021 at 2:21 am

You can add a plasticizer to the concrete (rytec?) So you don’t have to add as much water. They also make hardener additives if you’d like to reduce curing time. Also, instead of buying more expensive concrete you can just but the fiberglass strand and the above mentioned additives.

10. CHARLIE DELTA on July 5, 2021 at 2:21 am

Thank for your update, what program and computer do you use for the animated drafting of the plans or blue prints.? Thank you again. This is the most professional and explained home project that I have seen lately.

11. Lili Fox on July 5, 2021 at 2:24 am

your videos are so well made. Thank you for these great demos

12. Ahjot Ahjotson on July 5, 2021 at 2:25 am

The more I watched your videos on building these concrete panels the more I like about doing it for my garden. Thank you very much. Excellent presentation.
    From Pittsburgh PA

13. rbnhd1976 on July 5, 2021 at 2:28 am

Great project and video. I would figure out the right size so that one bag of concrete fills one form. Thanks and commenting for the algo and stuff.

14. Jimmy Chin on July 5, 2021 at 2:28 am

Could you please post the weights of your finished panels as it would be handy if transporting a bunch of them.
    Many thanks for such detailed plans and build of these.

15. Jimmy Chen on July 5, 2021 at 2:29 am

Great job.

16. Roman Wood on July 5, 2021 at 2:29 am

Your a genius!

17. Gungnir Productions on July 5, 2021 at 2:30 am

You are a god among men!!!

18. P Parvez on July 5, 2021 at 2:32 am

Salaam alaikum parvez Aslam good thanks so much love u 🇵🇰 very good thanks thanks 🤔 thanks 🤔 thanks

19. olga popova on July 5, 2021 at 2:33 am

Прекрасно практично и долговечно.
    Грамотное И конструктивное решение. Браво лайк и подписка.
    👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

20. SUNILDUTT SHARMA on July 5, 2021 at 2:33 am

इसको हिंदी में बताओ

21. Markus Seitz on July 5, 2021 at 2:33 am

Shouldn’t it be possible to use two removable, longer pegs instead of the four fixed ones? Then you wouldn’t need to disassemble the box. One reason I can think of that it wouldn’t be safe to remove after just a day or two…

By the way – if anyone in Europe tries to build this – the easiest and cheapest option I found is to glue together 50x50mm lumber as the the dimensions used in the plan are not available here.

22. Mark James on July 5, 2021 at 2:34 am

I don’t know if you know this but you are borderline genius.

23. Николай Сергиенко on July 5, 2021 at 2:34 am

Симпатично,но не по цигански, что то в декоре не хватает

24. GREEN GARDENS on July 5, 2021 at 2:36 am

Thanku for responding to the comments and making it easier 😊👍👍

25. Charlie Harrison on July 5, 2021 at 2:40 am

How well will these work with air crete

26. Taher Algerafee on July 5, 2021 at 2:41 am

It’s amazing idea.

27. Martha Nereyda Guzman on July 5, 2021 at 2:41 am

Great idea!!!

28. Joe Cooper on July 5, 2021 at 2:41 am

Brilliant.

29. Mauricio Aparicio on July 5, 2021 at 2:42 am

Awesome

30. Billy Blackie on July 5, 2021 at 2:42 am

Do you have measurements especially for the piping piece at each end for the bar please

31. Dusk194 on July 5, 2021 at 2:42 am

This is very well done and amazing, ty.
    I’ll likely be back for the plans after my current project is finished 🙂

32. Teoti Nathaniel on July 5, 2021 at 2:43 am

Best part: @18:06 when the ‘House Cat’ gets a popout label.

33. Ten Soldiers on July 5, 2021 at 2:43 am

So many different applications these can be used for. Ponds, benches, storage boxes and even tables.

34. Tone Ault on July 5, 2021 at 2:47 am

way faster if you do this .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdPcYf9lzzs

35. ACe on July 5, 2021 at 2:48 am

An idea came to mind; have you ever considered considered Smooth-on silicone molds instead of wood? The brand has its own YouTube channel. They have this video of a guy pouring a couple of molds for walls. Their wall blocks end up resembling natural good, but made out of concrete just like yours and the molds last forever!

36. Boer Inbeton on July 5, 2021 at 2:50 am

If you stack it 5 on top of each other and remove the one side at the bottom, you have a nice compost container

37. realrayra on July 5, 2021 at 2:51 am

Thanks much for your designs and sharing your work via these videos. Just purchased your plans by way of a tip, as I’ve already ‘stolen’ your design ideas and amended them to a similar box mold with separate cut-down 4×4 blocks at the ends to create the stagger and fix the pipe section in place. My third set of castings are curing in the molds right now. I’m making two 24’x3′ raised beds to place in a stairstep pattern against the south wall of our suburban residential property. The rearmost will be shaded by the wall from the blistering Vegas sun, the foremost will get full sun.

38. BabsAbroad on July 5, 2021 at 2:51 am

I wasn’t sure if you were Canadian. Then I saw the PC cooking spray. Dead give away! haha

39. Edward Murray on July 5, 2021 at 2:52 am

Love legos. You could build houses out of these or something similar. Here is a thought. If you designed the end part around the pipe to be rounded, the pieces could link together at almost any angle for curved long raised bed planters (might require an extra small link for the outer part of the box), hexagons, ovals (sort of) etc.

40. Aaron Wilson on July 5, 2021 at 2:53 am

Love this idea!
    QUESTION: with your dimensions being standard (making it
    adjustable)…do you have an estimate for how many bags of 60, 80, 90 lbs. of concrete each one of your forms will need?

41. Brolitz Litz on July 5, 2021 at 2:53 am

Why not use clamps instead of screws during assembly? if you’re going to culk the corners. Screws damage the wood. every time you creat new one rescrew and unscrew.

42. Zinghang Gam Htun on July 5, 2021 at 3:02 am

this is amazing thanks

43. CMDR Sloma on July 5, 2021 at 3:03 am

I have a concrete surface in my backyard, but it has a slight slope. I would like to know if there is any solution to that.

44. Enrique Garcia Cota on July 5, 2021 at 3:03 am

I appreciate how the parts made in alternative timelines have a slightly de-saturated color.

45. A D on July 5, 2021 at 3:06 am

So I’ve cast quite a few of these with a modified version, I use 1/2” copper pipe like your super simple garden box version instead of the dowel pins, about 14” long copper with a tee on the end. When it’s time to pop them, I use a tire iron thru the tee and tap the pin out. I’ve also made a larger version using 2×4’ 3/4 plywood, 2×6 sides (trimmed to 5 1/4”) and 2×4 braces under the plywood to attach the sides. They’re heavy but there’s less casting, slightly thicker, and taller for less back breaking bending during weeding. I sent the pics and PDF to your Facebook account.

46. ansvel ansvel on July 5, 2021 at 3:06 am

I’d buy your mold made out of heavy plastic.

47. Gordon Seiter on July 5, 2021 at 3:06 am

I’m thinking about going around a tree. but my sections would not meet at 90 degree’s. More of a knuckle. Ideas?

48. Jennifer James on July 5, 2021 at 3:08 am

Love the ideas! Great video comes across very clear and concise! You are very informative and knowledgeable. Thank you for the great content!!

49. Jaime Bujosa Alicea on July 5, 2021 at 3:09 am

I like that amazing work, it"s easy and simple to do. Thank you for the idea.

50. Douglas Fuqua on July 5, 2021 at 3:10 am

Kent, liked part 1…. Part 2 is great, too !!!