Don't buy a string trimmer until you see this! The Dewalt 60v string trimmer is simply AMAZING

The Dewalt 60v Flexvolt string trimmer is simply amazing! It’s super light and extremely powerful, and will give any gas string trimmer a run for it’s money.

Buy Here:

DEWALT 60-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless FLEXVOLT Brushless 15 in. String Grass Trimmer (ToolOnly)

High efficiency brushless motor provides longer run time
Lightweight design for increased comfort and reduced fatigue

The DEWALT 60-Volt MAX String Trimmer is designed to power through tough overgrowth and withstand everyday heavy-duty usage. It features a high-efficiency brushless motor that maximizes runtime and motor life, and its lightweight and ergonomic design maximizes control and minimizes stress on your arms. Battery and charger sold separately.

Gear drive design powers through tough overgrowth
15 in. cutting swath with 0.080 in. line (also accepts 0.095 in. DEWALT line)
Lightweight and ergonomic design maximizes control during operation
High-efficiency brushless motor maximizes run time and motor life
Variable speed trigger with hi/lo speed control for added power or extended run time
Designed to withstand everyday heavy-duty usage
Includes auxiliary handle and spool

1. Jazmin Perez on July 6, 2021 at 1:54 am

Gracias es de mucha utilidad

2. kyrston goss on July 6, 2021 at 1:55 am

I bought this trimmer 5-22-2021. And returned it on the 23rd. … I charged it twice. It takes 1.5 hours to charge on a fast charger. Both times it gave me 20 minutes of use. For a 6 amp hour battery i’d expect, at least 1 hour of use… Nope. So I’d have to have 3 batteries for an hour of runtime. So the cost of this trimmer $330. + 2 extra batteries. … No. Or I can go get a professional grade Stihl for $330. +cost of 2 stroke oil and gas. Now I have full confidence in my equipment now I know I can knock-down this ENTIRE field for an extra $3.00 in gas.

I was hoping technology has come far enouph… But it hasnt, not yet anyway.

3. Shane Stacy on July 6, 2021 at 1:56 am

Don’t like the gaurd and in the center Don’t like to see the cable rubbing.

4. T, Skipwadoo on July 6, 2021 at 1:57 am

I have a 20v , it’s powerful. I can’t imagine what a 60v can do.

5. Ej Drywall on July 6, 2021 at 1:59 am

The batteries suck on these.

6. Jon Gray on July 6, 2021 at 2:02 am

Dewalt is nothing more than a throw away tool because when something goes wrong with it, you usually find out it’s cheaper to buy a new tool than get the old one fixed!

7. Tool Review Zone on July 6, 2021 at 2:03 am
  8. Brian R on July 6, 2021 at 2:03 am

Will it last as long as a tank of gas

9. Robert Rockwell on July 6, 2021 at 2:04 am

no thanks.

10. Roger Bouchard on July 6, 2021 at 2:04 am

Anyone know the run battery time before it stops?

11. Jackie Apreil on July 6, 2021 at 2:05 am

RIP off pricinng

12. ChuckWood on July 6, 2021 at 2:05 am

The ol’ garage sale purchased Homelite weed trimmer finally died after 5 years of use. Based on your video and the strong reviews in the comments, I was comfortable spending the $299 on it at Home Cheapo today. This thing… it’s such a beast, I love it already after one day. I’ve switched from gas to battery for good. My only gripe is the installation instructions could be better put together as it was a bit confusing to follow, but was able to get it unboxed and put together for use within 30 mins. Aside from that, I’m so glad to not be yanking my shoulder out of socket and messing with fuel and oil and carburetors and all that nonsense. This DeWalt weed whip is a very happy addition to my home.

13. Ito Sorto on July 6, 2021 at 2:05 am

I have one and I am very happy with this trimmer

14. Steven Eversole on July 6, 2021 at 2:08 am

Be a man and by a gas powered trimmer. And…it’s "Da walt…….not Dee walt.

15. fanobennemsi on July 6, 2021 at 2:11 am

What about the battery cost? They won’t last for how long before they need replacement? I think they cost as much as the whole trimmer.

16. Gill Mccuddy on July 6, 2021 at 2:12 am

I hit the like button cuz u showed how to put the string in. I hate that part..lol

17. Codie McKee on July 6, 2021 at 2:13 am

No, because the average run time is 1 hour on low and 45 mins on high. When the battery dies you’re S.OL. unless you have another one fully charged. Time =$. Time not working is time not paid. With a gas-powered trimmer, it’s as simple as refueling and is also more cost-effective and more profit is earned.

18. ReedemedHeathen on July 6, 2021 at 2:13 am

The way it handled those tall weeds, it should be called a string blender, any faster and you would have weed juice

19. Fan Buddy on July 6, 2021 at 2:13 am

I have the 20V version trimmer. It is powerful. But I hate the guard. After using it a few minutes, my legs will be full of debris.

20. Dale Hammond on July 6, 2021 at 2:15 am

Electric is the future but they’re not there yet for heavy users.

21. Douglas Wayne on July 6, 2021 at 2:15 am

Been looking for a battery operated system for a grass and hedge trimmer and maybe mower combination. I have numerous DeWalt products; but their drill batteries just do not hold up for me. They changed the battery insert design again with an adapter; my biggest complaint, and it’s costly.

22. Tristan Dehner on July 6, 2021 at 2:20 am

I’m buying one today after watching this review! Thanks for the upload!

23. USMC615 on July 6, 2021 at 2:22 am

Another good vid TRZ…subbed to the channel! I posted this info on another TRZ vid yesterday about the DeWalt DCST970 series weed eaters and I’ll throw it up here as well. You can replace the very small trimmer head guard with a full-size guard so now you’re not wearing everything you weed eat. This applies to both Type 1 and Type 2 versions…if you don’t know your Type, flip the head unit over where the battery inserts and the label will show either Type 1 or Type 2 under the model number. Order DeWalt p/n N512929 (Guard; 15in-DeWalt). It may be listed as Black & Decker as well but the same p/n applies (B&D owns DeWalt)…these guards run about $7-10 at most places, I think Amazon has them now for about $15. Place I ordered mine from last week they were less than $6.50 each, ordered four just in case I need a backup to the backup to the backup kinda mentality. The bigger guard is a factory DeWalt guard with Dewalt’s name molded in the top of the housing. Just google “DeWalt N512929” and you’ll pull up many places that have this bigger replacement guard. Remove the trimmer head, back out for screws (T25) I believe, swap guards and be done with it, and replace trimmer head. Both my DCST970 Type 2’s have been converted to the bigger guard…day and night difference concerning how little you end up wearing while weed-eating compared to the useless, smaller guard that comes with these models.

Another item of contention…the Type 1 model of the DCST970 from my understanding and reading about that version, has a problematic trimmer head. You can replace that trimmer head assy with a Husqvarna T35 universal bump trimmer head, p/n 537388101, and it works like a champ. The T35 head runs about $25-30 at Lowe’s, Amazon, etc. The Husky trimmer head has to be loaded the old school way, two separate pieces of trimmer line wrapped onto the spool, but it’s got to be a better alternative than the turd original spindle bump head DeWalt put on the Type 1 versions. Little FYI…Type 2 versions have a much better, redesigned easy-load bump head that only needs one line and is loaded without removing the spool.

Hope this info helps some folks and I understand no one wants to spend more money on something that should’ve come without these issues from the get-go…but there just ain’t too damn many things nowadays in this cheapened-down world we live in that doesn’t need a little better solution concerning replacement parts to make ‘em shine.

Semper Fi!

24. Cevan Triplett on July 6, 2021 at 2:23 am

Only use the left side of our head.. you won’t dig as much

25. E Landscaper on July 6, 2021 at 2:24 am

I am a commercial operator and will use it on residential customers , as long as i can switch the head to a speed fill head

26. Jerry Beck on July 6, 2021 at 2:24 am

Dewalt needs to fix the over heating problems with all of the trimmers. I get 7 to 10 minutes and the motor overheats and will not run until it rests for 4 to 6 hours. its only 50 degrees out, 24-30" thin weeds and gress and it over heats. DO NOT BUY

27. thomas lima dos santos on July 6, 2021 at 2:24 am

This trimmer is just for playing for kids!

28. Allen Acker on July 6, 2021 at 2:24 am

Approximately how much runtime would you say this has per aH?

29. cavtj1 on July 6, 2021 at 2:26 am

$420.00 for tool and battery before tax? Now I know why you didn’t mention price. I like the fact that is battery operated, (just the noise and gas factor). Also I think it’s important (to me) to get as close the ground as possible. Thanks for your honesty, helped me to avoid a disappointment!

30. bubba007sss on July 6, 2021 at 2:26 am

I have had has powered weed trimmers through the years.
    I have had this dewalt weed trimmer going 9n the second year now, and I prefer this over the gas trimmer

31. AnnaCraft on July 6, 2021 at 2:30 am

Choosing between the 561 and 571 for a family home: do you think it is worth spending 100 bucks extra or would the 561 be already sufficient? I already have 18 and 54V batteries 🙋🏻‍♀️Anna

32. AdoFTW on July 6, 2021 at 2:32 am

1 hour of work is too little time for me damn.. either way it eats the grass like breakfast

33. FREE SPEECH on July 6, 2021 at 2:32 am

This is obviously CRAP . NOT SEEN 1 in the field . NO LANDSCAPE CO. BUYS THESE . ASK WHY

34. Azarah Wagner on July 6, 2021 at 2:33 am

CRAP 💩

35. Paul Mak on July 6, 2021 at 2:37 am

I have a 18v trimmer. for my small garden great machine and I use Dewalt tools for my work. so had plenty of batteries great bit of kit and very safe to use , no long wires 220v and no petrol, for a small garden its great .

36. kayara kiran on July 6, 2021 at 2:38 am

You have not mentioned running time

37. Glockfan1911 on July 6, 2021 at 2:39 am

Just purchased mine a few days ago. Have to say I was shocked by how powerful and smooth it ran. Absolutely love it. Thanks for a great review.

38. Brumfield on July 6, 2021 at 2:39 am

Long pants can be your friend…

39. Guns4Fun FreedomKeeper on July 6, 2021 at 2:40 am

They went through all the trouble to make a sweet battery powered line trimmer but they put one of those POS bump and go heads on it. What a waste. Throw that head away and get one with straight replaceable line.

40. Mr. White on July 6, 2021 at 2:40 am

i have the milwaukee and its very unrefined. you need high voltage for high rpms, milwaukee got it wrong.

41. Michael Mattson on July 6, 2021 at 2:43 am

My Ryobi melts the spool line because the spindle gets so hot. Any problems like that?

42. Roy Patterson on July 6, 2021 at 2:44 am

The 40V Ryobi weed wacker I just bought, it weighs only 11 lbs!

43. leo lee on July 6, 2021 at 2:45 am

I have had one since they came out a year or two ago and would not take double what I gave for it .I never had problems with the line and probably used four or five packages of it but would say if you are trying to a lot of knee high weeds get a brush hog.

44. austin biggs on July 6, 2021 at 2:45 am

We know who not to call to do trimming lol but good review overall. I just ordered one my stihl finally gave out and want to change to battery everything.

45. Joey Dichiara on July 6, 2021 at 2:46 am

Can you get a 20v max and use flex volt batteries in it. It won’t last more than a few days

46. Mark J on July 6, 2021 at 2:48 am

What is the best string?

47. Jeffrey Bosiljevac on July 6, 2021 at 2:49 am

How much does the trimmer with a battery cost?
    Thanks!!!

48. G Garcia on July 6, 2021 at 2:49 am

Check out EGO trimmer before you buy the Dewalt.

49. Curtis Evans on July 6, 2021 at 2:50 am

Good review but I am a Milwaukee kind of guy.

50. curt brown on July 6, 2021 at 2:52 am

Wow. A trimer that cuts. What will they think of next. One thing ONLY, how long does it RUN. That’s it. Time of use. Useless if it won’t finish the job. Oh I forgot, just BUY more batteries. U can buy years of gas for the cost of a battery.