Greenhouse What Do I Need To Know?

Greenhouse What Do I Need To Know?

Hey, Friends, and fellow gardeners! I get asked questions all the time concerning operating, and building a greenhouse. In this video, I will try to cover, at least the most important things that I consider anyone needs to know about starting a greenhouse. It wound up being a LOT longer than I wanted it to be, but like I have said before. sometimes it takes a little time to get the point across! I hope this helps someone, and that you enjoy the video! Don’t forget to comment, like and subscribe! God Bless!

1. Bill Preston on July 7, 2021 at 2:09 am

I can dig it …….awesome vid great job .

2. Art Yeaman on July 7, 2021 at 2:11 am

Thank you. I have been working in the agriculture industry for many years. But now looking to do a lot more are home. Outstanding checklist, very well presented.

3. Tsetsi on July 7, 2021 at 2:11 am

Много ми хареса видеото!

4. Doug Gibson on July 7, 2021 at 2:14 am

Great information, thanks.

5. Assil Abjadi on July 7, 2021 at 2:15 am

thanks for share 🤗
    you talk like Kevin Skinner ✌

6. Timm Krutzmann on July 7, 2021 at 2:15 am

Hi ,are you serious you can’t catch rain water ?? In the land of the free man that’s just stupid,,

7. bbree1223 on July 7, 2021 at 2:16 am

Where does this guy live? I’m wanting to build my greenhouse when we move to Texas.

8. DIY Solar Homestead on July 7, 2021 at 2:16 am

Thanks for being awesome

9. Gina Collini on July 7, 2021 at 2:16 am

I wish you were my neighbor!  I live in DE and found your video very helpful as I am doing my homework before starting a small greenhouse project.  Thank you for helping your fellow (wo)man!  🙂

10. Dodgebabyjane96 on July 7, 2021 at 2:18 am

WHICH GH/GH Kit to choose? Best shape and dimensions for some veggies, MANY floral perennials! Limited construction help,( I may be the crew) 🙂 high winds during heat of 100F+, to lows of -10+, wind always!

11. Staci Bryant on July 7, 2021 at 2:18 am

Hi from NC! Very informative. Dual layer especially helpful. Thank you!

12. garyrich2000 on July 7, 2021 at 2:20 am

Some states restrict water collection because there is a risk of water shortage that can impact marine habitat and/or water quality.

13. Leslie August on July 7, 2021 at 2:21 am

"in 2020, this list helped me decide for the best greenhouse *scafe.shop/tbg2020?J0* hope it helps you out too!"

14. EO Rhino on July 7, 2021 at 2:24 am

Good one!

15. Maria Velez on July 7, 2021 at 2:27 am

Awesome info! I’m anxiously waiting for my greenhouse kit to arrive. I got a 10×12. Not sure if i want to venture into hydroponics yet, but sure I will have a great time growing veggies during the winter here. Thanks for all all the tips. Keep making these videos and teaching us.

16. Tess D on July 7, 2021 at 2:27 am

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience. Your vid is very thorough and it helps us get a good perspective as to what we need to consider in building a greenhouse. God bless you & your family.

17. Donald Dunn on July 7, 2021 at 2:29 am

I started a new Facebook group called:    "Harbor Freight Greenhouse sharing group"  We need new members to help get us going. For all green house questions , ideas and sharing of pictures , plans and experiences. Every one is welcome

18. chich3chich on July 7, 2021 at 2:30 am

I have a question maybe someone can help me with. I am building a wood frame greenhouse. I’m using wood beams for the top as well and want to cover it with 6mm uv plastic. I was thinking about putting plumbing foam tubes around the edges of the wood to keep the plastic and wood from rubbing and tearing?
    Is this a good idea?

19. Brian Dechant on July 7, 2021 at 2:31 am

Thanks much for your information! Love the video!

20. BOSTON STEVE on July 7, 2021 at 2:31 am

im more interested in u moving those swiss cheese shoes up and down up and down more than what your saying

21. Paul Taylor on July 7, 2021 at 2:32 am

I’m watching your video in Jan 2021 and I’m currently in the process of building my own greenhouse out of a mix of brand new pressure treated lumber and also old wooden windows. I’m a painter so I am gonna fully restore the old windows I’m using in the greenhouse so they will continue to last for many more years. I live in south Alabama on Mobile Bay so I plan taking advantage of our mild winters and growing all winter long in my greenhouse every year. Thanks for the great information.

22. Ted Lance on July 7, 2021 at 2:33 am

Thank you. I think bigger is better.

23. Tina Howard on July 7, 2021 at 2:35 am

How much does it cost you to power your greenhouse? Would it be too hard to use a small wood/coal burner stove?

24. GEZZA1 on July 7, 2021 at 2:36 am

Thanks for great presentation. Love your Carolina accent

25. Greg Boshell on July 7, 2021 at 2:37 am

Keith like your greenhouse, I have a frame made just need to get it covered outs PC pipe, am growing some lettuce just doing the kracky system using folger coffee cans doing a good job.

26. sam D. on July 7, 2021 at 2:38 am

I looked into the rain water collection. It seems most places only care if you gather enough to disrupt the ecosystem. Liek a resovoir.

27. SusquehannaMermaidStudio on July 7, 2021 at 2:39 am

do you have any idea where you can buy your labels that they use for plants online

28. Dionne Heaven on July 7, 2021 at 2:41 am

great video, love your legs 🙂

29. nasanction on July 7, 2021 at 2:41 am

I know this is an old vid, but maybe someone can help.
    I live in Florida, most greenhouse video’s are about cooling and using shade covers. My question is, can I put my greenhouse under a shade tree? I do have a spot that is shaded during the summer, and gets direct sun in the winter. Thanks!

30. Yellow Belly on July 7, 2021 at 2:41 am

Excellent 👍. ✌ 💚 ✊

31. Advance Greenhouses on July 7, 2021 at 2:41 am

Lot’s of good points. Why grow your own food and then put poison on it. I definitely use organic methods if needed. Also, great point on the ventilation. A lot of people don’t consider fans and shutters a necessity. And, the circulating fans are overlooked by most. Great work with the kids next door. We need to teach the young how to garden. I started gardening at age 2 with my Dad. Tammy

32. Michael Ron on July 7, 2021 at 2:42 am

hey there smart guy chlorine is good for your plants people do remove the chlorine in the water your plants need this ding dong you should probably do a little more research before you go telling people to do this and that and having no idea what your talking about!!!!!

33. Hey J whats next on July 7, 2021 at 2:45 am

I live in Georgia too and have some citrus in pots that I want to put in a greenhouse. I’m turning my 4×8 dog kennel into a greenhouse. I’m confused on ventilation/fans that I need in the winter. I wont be using it as a greenhouse for the summer. Do I need to have roll up sides, just a small fan on each end or automated panels that open and closed?

34. Jimmy Campbell on July 7, 2021 at 2:47 am

Nice video layout and a lot of great info. Thanks!

35. George Tempest on July 7, 2021 at 2:48 am

I am new to all this and at 50, decided to become a Hippie farmer. I don’t have massive amounts of space, so I opted for a 8′ by 14′ poly tunnel type greenhouse. The first thing that popped into my mind were the Biology classes from school about the birds and the bees. If I have the greenhouse shut all day to keep the heat in, how do the plants get pollinated? There won’t be any insect flying around, will I have to run around with a small brush and tickle the tomato flowers?
    Also, above a certain size poly tunnel you will need a planning permission on domestic land here in Britain, typical stinking bureaucracy…

36. Stu M on July 7, 2021 at 2:49 am

Lots of food for thought. Just about to start my first ever greenhouse and thought I had most bases covered but really hadn’t thought through ventilation, something to add to the shopping list. 2018 is going to be a live changing year. Thanks for taking the time out to share your thoughts.

37. atg on July 7, 2021 at 2:50 am

Excellent information thanks!

38. Ademola Adedamola on July 7, 2021 at 2:52 am

Thank you very much for the teaching. The basics is helpful. I just started a small bamboo green house to test some herbs. Definitely adopting your teachings. GOD BLESS YOU.

39. Thunder Rolls Media on July 7, 2021 at 2:54 am

Top your tomato so it quits growing tall

40. Laureen Collier on July 7, 2021 at 2:54 am

Most helpful video I have seen. Thank you.

41. Stephanie oconnor on July 7, 2021 at 2:55 am

Love your videos. Very informative. Thanks so much and keep em coming

42. steve mason on July 7, 2021 at 2:56 am

Great video thanks for the info there was a couple things I didn’t think of.

43. GEZZA1 on July 7, 2021 at 2:56 am

cheers from Australia!

44. Anna Leonie on July 7, 2021 at 3:00 am

Hate the USA accent. Hate it.

45. Fish Man ROLY on July 7, 2021 at 3:00 am

Wonder if I’ll need a permit in South Florida to build one. Loved the video very informative subscribed…

46. will gaukler on July 7, 2021 at 3:02 am

The one tip I have is put your greenhouse where you can just pop out there on a whim…if it’s too far from the house you will not go there so often…10 X 20 double Polly hoopermyself…zone six. Ido not try to heat in winter….

47. Mustache Willie on July 7, 2021 at 3:03 am

That Dad starter pack! You rock man! Thanks

48. Angelica Oliveira on July 7, 2021 at 3:04 am

Thanks for all good information! 🙏

49. Patty Viviendo on July 7, 2021 at 3:05 am

Great tips thank you. I had planned to build a small greenhouse for a school assignment, but sometimes it gets windy in CA, and I rent, and I was told that I’m not allowed to place any type of posts or anything going into the ground. I know it is confusing. Oh well, now I need to do something else. I can’t wait to be a homeowner to build me a greenhouse. TMI, I know haha

50. Ruth Fadely on July 7, 2021 at 3:05 am

You have all the questions I have.