Best answers to YOUR indoor gardening questions

Best answers to YOUR indoor gardening questions

A multitude of questions receive my very best detailed answers. Post your question for a personal answer on my programs. Best of luck on your indoor growing!
105 watt bulb: https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/8256/FC105-S50OD.html
Be sure to subscribe to my OTHER gardening channel for outdoor growing, recipes, pets and MORE!
ALL Things are Possible

1. Brian Stinson on July 11, 2021 at 2:20 am

Do you have any adenium plants. (desert rose ). If so how do you plant bare root mail order starts for best results. Your plants are great!!!

2. Lillian Williams on July 11, 2021 at 2:22 am

I remember seeing the video where you’d just gotten that plant. It’s grown beautifully! It’s an Alocasia/African Mask Plant. I love them.

3. Hamida Swapna on July 11, 2021 at 2:23 am

Hi Ray, what kind of soil you have used for this African mask dear? How much light does ut really need? I put mine on the bathroom shelf, doesn’t look happy though😣!

4. Kerrie Beaton on July 11, 2021 at 2:24 am

Hi From Australia, Love your video,

5. Beverly Green on July 11, 2021 at 2:24 am

Hi Ray!
    Do you have any suggestions on Dracaena Massangeana aka Corn Plant. I have two plants with three canes in each pot. The roots are coming out of the bottom, and I want to separate them because they are heavy! Also, two of the three canes in each pot don’t have leaves. Help!
    Beverly

6. BombDame on July 11, 2021 at 2:24 am

I always kill my plants with love 😭

7. Arizzona Online on July 11, 2021 at 2:25 am

that thing there as you called it is an Alocasia

8. Irma Ivette Rodriguez Ortiz on July 11, 2021 at 2:26 am

9. Nithesh Moria on July 11, 2021 at 2:26 am

hi Ray, I have a question about the lighting. the CFL bulbs that you were talking are they the grow light CFL or the NORMAL CFL ? I have 4 pots occupying 2 sq feet space.how far should I put the CFL above the plants and how many watts should be enough? any suggestions u have if I go with LED because I read that CFL loses the efficiency by the time the light reaches the plant where as LED lights do not lose its efficiency even after they travel all the way.

10. Tony Mdrno on July 11, 2021 at 2:27 am

I had been wondering what kind of lighting you had in there and found this old video where you answered just that. I just ordered the light bulbs thank you so much!

11. FAYE MARTIN on July 11, 2021 at 2:27 am

ray i just bought a lambs ear plant at lowes today 3-9-17 and wanted to ask u if know whether it can b planted in a pot don,t know nuttin about them never had one till now thanks ray

12. Portia on July 11, 2021 at 2:27 am

How long did it take for your elephant ear to get that big?

13. Donica Mcintosh on July 11, 2021 at 2:27 am

Its an African mask plant

14. Patrick Schaufelberger on July 11, 2021 at 2:28 am

Why not LED lights? Much lower electricity bill, long life and can come in different colors according to the plant needs (grow light, succulents, … ). Actually they are already very cheap, buy them online from China

15. E. N. on July 11, 2021 at 2:29 am

Loved this video! Brand new viewer. Thanks for the advice!

16. Tiffany Grogan on July 11, 2021 at 2:31 am

great message

17. GeorgieGirl on July 11, 2021 at 2:34 am

I cut my spider babies off and rest it in a cup of water . One week and it will have plenty of roots to be self-sufficient in soil .

18. Growing Sustainable Life on July 11, 2021 at 2:35 am

Hi Ray, how do you feel about halogen bulbs for lighting for indoor plants? It’s not my only light source I have good south facing windows and some LED .. but I have a dark corner of my room. I happen to have a halogen lamp that I could add to the corner .

19. Heather Khlystov on July 11, 2021 at 2:35 am

would a t5 bulb work for brightness as well?

20. Vicky Allstead on July 11, 2021 at 2:36 am

Hi Ray, My first time seeing you and I subscribed right away. You are AWESOME! I am so very jealous of your voodoo garden. I have always wanted a "plant room" . I took a horticulture class in high school and have loved plants ever since. As I listen to you on video as I type, I hear that your garden is in your basement? I have always thought that a plant room or indoor garden would have to be like a green house with all windows, all bright light. Soooo I have all my plants on one side of the house lol near windows that get a lot of sun. I would love to put a whole bunch of plants in one room like you have and I have the room in mind. The room I’m speaking of actually has a large bay window but it never gets DIRECT sunlight. Do you think I would be ok putting them there without special lighting?

21. Jane Mundane on July 11, 2021 at 2:38 am

Can you root an African masks stem with leaf?

22. Ashley Marie on July 11, 2021 at 2:39 am

Hello!! I was wondering if you could help me!?? That Amazon Lily or black shield plant (one in the red pot) I’m dying to have one of these!! Can you help me. There’s one seller I’ve found but she’s ….. uhmmm ….. I’ll just say very unkind. Maybe you can help me. I have an email address we can talk there of even Facebook. That’s the best for me if you’re willing!!! My name is Ashley Marie Mayle. I live in Clarksburg WV Jlj08Amm85@gmail.com I’ll need to delete this soon. There’s all kinds off people on the internet so I don’t want to leave this up. Thank you for your time!! I value time and anyone who shares there’s with me!
    Ps when I came across your video tonight I knew I really liked you! I can relate to things you said about going into Lowe’s (I’m a Home Depot fan due to service I get here in WV) looking over to the left lmbo 😂🤣😅😆 Please let me know! I visited my mom seen this plant feel in love and need one so bad! I want it so bad I feel an ache in my heart searching for one! Lol

23. Stacy Beth White on July 11, 2021 at 2:39 am

Did he just say "as much as I love the little crackhead?" lol

24. Carolyn Aitken on July 11, 2021 at 2:40 am

Hey Ray I have a question about my peace lily! I’ve had it for two years, it’s an indoor plant, it’s grown wonderfully and has been blooming all winter. But for the past month or so the leaves have been extremely droopy and won’t perk back up even though there’s still a bloom on it! I decided that maybe I should repot it in case the soil was too wet and split it up into three separate plants. It’s about 2 feet from a NE facing window. One of the plants peeked up but the other two are still droopy. I trimmed those two back with the hopes that it would reperk but it hasn’t happened yet. Do you have any insight as to why it’s drooping or what I can do to fix it. I’m stumped!
    Ps the leaves are mostly green but a few of the tips are yellow and brown

25. Freeda on July 11, 2021 at 2:41 am

African mask that the name I think for that plant.

26. FAYE MARTIN on July 11, 2021 at 2:43 am

ray how do you get ur plants so bushy and pretty i would love mine to look like that thanks fa

27. David White on July 11, 2021 at 2:44 am

Viewer from the buckeye state here columbus ohio

28. Willa Johnson on July 11, 2021 at 2:47 am

the VeganAthelete has a video about the Miracle plant. I had never heard of it until I was watching him.

29. Scorpisces on July 11, 2021 at 2:48 am

about the light bulbs… I have very poor natural light coming into my apartment. Earlier today, from IKEA I bought a couple new bulbs, please let me know if these are any good… I bought a 1800 Im (actually only uses 22w) LED light bulb. I was told by the sales guy the output of this bulb is equivalent to a 100w bulb. Is this good?

30. jd jd on July 11, 2021 at 2:49 am

OH MY GOD. I’m sitting here in my kitchen watching this guys video thinking to myself, “now this is a master barber!”

Currently living in beautiful Plainfield, Illinois myself. What a coincidence.

31. Vallerie White on July 11, 2021 at 2:49 am

Got a Question about humidity loving plants and am I wasting my time putting those 4 plants outside for about 4 hours or more when humidity is 99% here in Alabama?

32. Cindy Bellwood on July 11, 2021 at 2:50 am

How do you keep your Alocasia Polly so beautiful?

33. Vea Perl on July 11, 2021 at 2:52 am

I just purchased a purple velvet and know nothing about it…I’ve looked up info and find alot od people are having a hard time with them…yours looks absolutely amazing and I want mine to growup and be like yours…can you do a video on this gorgeous beauty?? If there already is one…I need the link because I am not finding it.

34. erin davitt on July 11, 2021 at 2:53 am

You are adorable

35. Willa Johnson on July 11, 2021 at 2:57 am

Oh yeah its rootbound, I have this plant.. Lowe’s markdown $3.00. Not growing fast as yours, maybe I need to ck out the root system. Yours is a beauty

36. Ava Marshall on July 11, 2021 at 2:58 am

Wow! All this with no sunlight! I’m impressed ! Absolutely beautiful plants!

37. Debra Whelan on July 11, 2021 at 2:58 am

how often do you water your banana plant indoors.

38. RT Rey on July 11, 2021 at 3:00 am

I planted the Colocasia Bulb out doors 6 weeks ago and Nothing ? whats wrong ? It gets Full Sun and i water it every day

39. Veronica Williams on July 11, 2021 at 3:00 am

I got to get like you with my garden I like keep up the great work.

40. Zanesha Rakeib on July 11, 2021 at 3:00 am

Hi Ray, how are you ? Please tell me what mix of soil you are you using right now?

41. Carla Villanueva on July 11, 2021 at 3:01 am

Thank you very much for the seeds, I received them today!! I am so excited.

42. Erika Lake on July 11, 2021 at 3:02 am

Can I ask what part of the country your growing your indoor plants in? Also, the plant you’re repotting…… I NEED ONE!!!!

43. Lillian Williams on July 11, 2021 at 3:04 am

That beautiful green plant with the large veins is an African Mask plant. I must say, Yours is lovely!

44. Rouge Reality on July 11, 2021 at 3:09 am

Do you have your lights in basic ceiling fixtures or low hanging, closer to the plants?

45. April Waller on July 11, 2021 at 3:09 am

I was told that in door plants like water that’s been saved up for like 24 hours and not from tap water that day?

46. Morna De Leon on July 11, 2021 at 3:10 am

i noticed a bahay kubo attached to your wall. did you get that in the Phillipines? it was just a nostalgic feeling. i also live in Illinois and it’s hard when it’s winter time when half of my life was spent in the tropics of the Philippines.

47. Aisling L. on July 11, 2021 at 3:11 am

I love Aurora so much.

48. OLGA RIVEROL on July 11, 2021 at 3:15 am

😱😍WOW!!! That’s an amazing Alocia Amazonica! What’s your secret 😊? By the way, I love, love, love 💗 💗💗your videos. AAAAMAZING!!!

49. Virginia Leonor on July 11, 2021 at 3:15 am

Very imgformative ! I love watching the show! Thank you ….

50. FAYE MARTIN on July 11, 2021 at 3:15 am

ray when should i transplant my alocasia plant