I Planted Four Jackfruit Trees In Melbourne – Inground Experiment

I Planted Four Jackfruit Trees In Melbourne – Inground Experiment

✿ Help Real Life Fruitopia Grow ✿
▶ Like, comment and share this video. It means a lot to me.
▶ Subscribe to the channel for more free updates.
Don’t forget to enable your notifications so that you don’t miss any uploads. It’s the little bell icon besides the channel name once you subscribe.
__

✿ LET’S CONNECT ON SOCIAL MEDIA
▶ Instagram – http://www.instagram.com/reallifefruitopia

1. Kevin Dang on July 11, 2021 at 2:10 am

Do you have the update on these jackfruit trees?

2. Tropical fruit Gardening Canberra on July 11, 2021 at 2:11 am

Your soil looks pretty good there

3. Organic Grow on July 11, 2021 at 2:22 am

Thanks for another amazing video, that soil is amazing even with that deep hole, my natural top layer is orange clay, we have added topsoil or broken down mulch but the rest is pure sticky orange clay, which turns to stone at times.

4. paderi maiden on July 11, 2021 at 2:31 am

George. Even if one Jackfruit tree managed to mature and fruiting, it will give you excessive amount of fruits. Imagine if 4 matured and fruits.

5. Danilo Vilela Isherwood on July 11, 2021 at 2:34 am

It this a small variety of jackfruit? Growing up I remember these trees being giant. 😅

6. Russell Booth on July 11, 2021 at 2:42 am

Someone on here is growing a jackfruit tree in Sydney & they’re getting jackfruit off them,I’ve ordered seeds from a person who grows them in Greenacre on eBay as well.

I’ve had trouble growing them from seed in my area which is 40 kilometres north of Newcastle because they said to plant them in full sun but they didn’t meaning 42-45°C summer heat.

They grew better when they were planted in February this year after things cooled down a bit but only 1 survived out of that lot after Winter as I have revived it.

I planted them in about mid spring this time but the snails 🐌 got half of the ones by eating them so Now I have 4-5 out of 10 of them left so a couple of them will grow back that got eaten.

I had line trimmed a spot of lawn on the west side of my fathers shed as I’m starting them off in pots in a semi shaded area so they won’t get cooked this summer.

I’ve mulched them with pine bark & watered them in preparation for a 42°C Sunday !

7. Marie Jayasuriya on July 11, 2021 at 2:44 am

It’s the snails that killed my Jack Fruit seedlings.

8. Feed Yourself with Doug in the suburbs. on July 11, 2021 at 2:45 am

Fingers crossed. Jackfruit are quite tough for a tropical, at least I have found they are once they get a couple of seasons under their belt.

9. William Madrid on July 11, 2021 at 2:53 am

Great risks make great results👊 hope the jacks succed george

10. lyonheart84 exotic fruit growing on July 11, 2021 at 2:55 am

Well worth experimenting while you can pick up bargains in the sale from Daleys, groups of them have much better chances of surviving 🤞

11. FloridaSandGrower on July 11, 2021 at 2:56 am

Good luck on your experiment. I’m so jealous of your beautiful loamy soil.

12. Sapote Saporium on July 11, 2021 at 2:59 am

Good idea planting a few for better pollination if more than one survives. I’ve got 2 from Daley’s , been in for a couple of years and I put a clear laser light roof panel over them for added winter protection. They seem to be quiet cold tolerant with no winter damage here in Sydney’s East! I think if u get them through next winter you’ll be laughing! Good luck.. love your soil too!!

13. Blaynes Plant Vlog on July 11, 2021 at 3:01 am

Just a heads up… you have high rain chances starting on Thursday and ending on Sunday!!! Prepare and protect anything that could get flooded!!!!!!!!!

14. meethu101 on July 11, 2021 at 3:03 am