ARIZONA GARDEN in APRIL: What TO DO & PLANT

🌱Fruit and fruit trees in April 06:53
🌱Arizona herbs in April 09:56
🌱Which herbs to plant in April 10:49
🌱Garden tasks in April 11:23
🌱Gardening in containers 12:07
🌱Summer preparation in April 12:52

Find out what to do this month to have a successful spring and summer garden. What you can plant in April in hot summer areas. When do I plant fruit trees? What should I plant in April? What do I do about powdery mildew on grapes? Where is the best place to plant strawberries? How do I water my garden? How to water your landscape plants. Which vegetables, herbs, and flowers to plant in your low desert Arizona garden in April. What to do this month to have a successful summer garden in hot climate areas.

*Which VEGETABLES, HERBS, and FLOWERS to plant and whether to plant seeds or transplants.
*Which garden tasks should be done to help your garden survive and thrive during Arizona summers.

Want to learn more?

Plant labels:
Paint Pen:
Rachio Sprinkler Controller:
Soil Test Kit:
Growing In The Garden

Link to buy garden grids: https://gim.ositracker.com/140976/10616
Use code ‘Angela10’ to save $10 off $100.

SUPPORT GROWING IN THE GARDEN
Amazon Shop: https://www.amazon.com/shop/growinginthegarden
Buy Harvest Calendar: https://growinginthegarden.bigcartel.com/product/perpetual-planting-and-harvest-calendar-for-the-low-desert-of-arizona
Seeds: Seeds Now https://www.seedsnow.com/?rfsn=275008.6345c
Buy Watering Grids: https://gim.ositracker.com/140976/10616
Growing in the Garden Raised Bed Mix at Arizona Worm Farm: https://arizonawormfarm.com/

LEARN MORE

More places to find and learn from Growing in the Garden
Blog: https://growinginthegarden.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/growing.in.the.garden/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/growinginthegardenaz/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/growinthegarden/_created/

Thanks for watching!
#howtogrowyourownfood#growinginthegarden#gardeningtips#inmygardentoday#vegetablegarden#ediblegarden#gardenlovers#mygardenthismonth#growyourownfood#organicgarden#desertgarden#arizonagarden

1. Worship705 on July 12, 2021 at 2:10 am

Just watched you for the 1st time and I see and feel your joy. Thank you for the wealth of information. Have a good day!

2. Jane Dallas on July 12, 2021 at 2:10 am

The only person who I could listen to for over 10 mins without getting bored😅 thanks for sharing💕

3. NorthEast to SouthWest Gardening on July 12, 2021 at 2:12 am

My Phoenix garden is always so far behind yours 😭 my zucchini and summer quash only have one small leaf so far. I direct seeded around Valentine’s Day. I wonder what I’m doing wrong??

4. Stephanie Calabrese on July 12, 2021 at 2:14 am

Thanks for your videos, I have been using your advice and instructions and feel so much more prepared this season. I planted 6 tomato plants in various pots and beds back in Feb, 3 varieties. They are all blooming but I don’t have any baby tomatoes just yet. Is it too soon? Some of my plants are already quite large. Should I be doing something special?

5. MariBel Lerma on July 12, 2021 at 2:16 am

When you say planting do you mean by seed or starter plants? Thanks in advance

6. Michaela Gibbs on July 12, 2021 at 2:18 am

Do you start you plants mainly from starts or seeds? Your plants always seem to be way ahead of mine. If you start from seeds would you give a mention each month as to what seeds you are starting? I would love to get onto your timeline 😊. I’m trying more flower this year after watching your videos but mine are just seedlings and yours are all blooming, so I’m definatly behind.

7. trina De on July 12, 2021 at 2:18 am

What type of drip system did i seen in your bed. Looked like u drilled small holes in tube. How far apart are they?

8. Dogstlye Production on July 12, 2021 at 2:20 am

hi do you arrange flowers for mothers day? 🙂 i wanna send some flowers to someone living in phoenix arizona 🙂

9. Jenny Stimson on July 12, 2021 at 2:20 am

I garden in Albuquerque and also struggle with intense heat and especially harsh UV rays. Also, I love the metal work on your garden walls. Beautiful!

10. rynophiliac on July 12, 2021 at 2:23 am

fyi at 11:31 looks like there is a horizontal crack in the foundation of that structure, might have rusted rebar inside the stem wall foundation and should have a foundation contractor inspect it. I only know what it looks like because it happened to my home also 🙁

11. Tassie Girl on July 12, 2021 at 2:23 am

What a good down to earth video, such great advice for people to follow, love it even though I’m in Autumn. I can check back come spring. Your garden is so beautiful it must bring you such pleasure. Thanks Angela from Australia

12. wax wax on July 12, 2021 at 2:23 am

Finally – Well presented, pertinent summaries for all types of low desert gardening. Subscribed!

13. snsmystic on July 12, 2021 at 2:24 am

How are you getting sunflower in March and April? lol Mine have only bloomed in fall. Wish I were in a zone 9!

14. Ravin Kumar on July 12, 2021 at 2:26 am

Needs some tips tips

15. Awakenthemasses2016 the truth on July 12, 2021 at 2:26 am

Hi Angela. I’m hoping you can help me once again. We bought a house and will be moving next month and I need advice on how best to move my garden. I have strawberries in a raised pool bed-the same plants you helped me save last year! They are producing and really happy. I can’t move the entire pool with dirt but I can’t bare the thought of leaving or losing the strawberry plants. Is it possible to transplant them without losing them? Thank you so much for all the information, it has helped me so much in my garden. God bless you and your family.

16. cooldesert30 on July 12, 2021 at 2:30 am

Thank you once again for the great tips. Here in the southwestern part of Arizona the heat is starting to dry out my soil. Thank you for mentioning mulch.

17. Marisa Begay on July 12, 2021 at 2:30 am

I’m in northern az and I feel so way behind. 😫 I’m beginning to get discourage. It’s very cold and dry here. Very windy.

18. Young dagger Duck on July 12, 2021 at 2:32 am

I plan on doing a 4×4 SFG, I want to start planting things THIS MONTH! what do you suggest for a beginner to plant? I’d really love loofa for shade and use

19. Ramzi Zibawi on July 12, 2021 at 2:32 am

Hello from Tucson Angela , Have you ever dealt with tomato russet mite? the advice from Mesquite Valley growers nursery
    is to get rid of all my tomato plants. Any thoughts?

20. Robert smee on July 12, 2021 at 2:32 am

Nice video😉.

21. April Speelmon on July 12, 2021 at 2:33 am

How in the world do you know so much about all these plants? I can barely grow one carrot and a few radishes. Wow. I am impressed!

22. boopbleep on July 12, 2021 at 2:36 am

Have you had luck with dahlias? Any tips would be appreciated. I am enamored with them!

23. Lenna pelayo on July 12, 2021 at 2:37 am

Awesome video very very informative 😌😊

24. Jay See on July 12, 2021 at 2:38 am

I added some new top soil to planter box as it was installed recently and settled. I chose a bag from Home Depot that really attracted flies 😣 i have lavender , sweet potatoes , snap dragons in the area . Could I possibly add some lemon grass or is it to late for that? Can I have some direction please 🤓 I am in the north Phoenix area

25. Anita Salpekar on July 12, 2021 at 2:38 am

My daughter and I are just trying to start a garden here in Tucson but just can’t decide which direction the raised beds should be so that they get optimum sunlight.
    Just cannot understand how to convert the dirt into the yard into a yard like yours.
    We have no clue what fruit trees to plant.
    We definitely need help.
    Wish I could get to see your yard and to have a word with you at least to get a start.

26. Ronnie & Minh on July 12, 2021 at 2:38 am

Greetings and thanks! from Littlefield Arizona for all the great information.

27. Eutimio Chavez on July 12, 2021 at 2:38 am

Great information thank you ,you are a way ahead of us ,here in New Mexico .

28. Ravin Kumar on July 12, 2021 at 2:40 am

Wanted to grow rossell in Arizona! Will be grow well with seeds or stems

29. MysticFiddler1 on July 12, 2021 at 2:43 am

Are you in Phoenix? I’m wondering about Prescott.

30. Daniel Trazo on July 12, 2021 at 2:45 am

Maam how big is your area? I was amazed of how you maintain your garden and the various plants. A lot of it. A new subscriber. Thank you and God bless

31. Joe Montoya on July 12, 2021 at 2:48 am

I’m so glad I found you. I need gardening tips specific to the Phoenix, AZ area. You provide great information and you create a great video presentation. Thanks!

32. Cheryl Pugh on July 12, 2021 at 2:49 am

Great video! New fan living in Sahuarita. What is a good mulch to use in my raised beds, pots?

33. S C on July 12, 2021 at 2:52 am

Yay! Arizona gardening! I wish I had found your channel sooner. I’m in 9b in Tucson, so I’m excited to find a channel specific to our zone and crazy hot weather. I love your garden and hope mine will look similar one day. 🙂

34. Christina Vance on July 12, 2021 at 2:53 am

Another really helpful video, thank you! I’ve got sweet pea going and really wasn’t sure if I should pick the flowers or not. Thanks for creating this!

35. orange moon glows on July 12, 2021 at 2:54 am

do you grow tomatoes and peppers?

36. Lori Western on July 12, 2021 at 2:54 am

Love your garden, I live on 2 acres in AZ, and constantly fight rabbits and ground squirrels.

37. Gary and Suzanne on July 12, 2021 at 2:55 am

I’m curious about the size of your garden? Do you have an acre lot? You have such a beautiful array of things growing. I live in Chandler, and it’s getting HOT!

38. Charlotte on July 12, 2021 at 2:55 am

Hello! 1st time subscriber here.. Really great video! Thanks for touching on so many topics in a direct format and getting straight to the point. Looking forward to seeing more videos and going back to watch previous videos!

39. Mel Parrish Jr on July 12, 2021 at 2:55 am

Up until now, I’ve been learning it all the hardest way! Not all 70 percent shade cloth is created equal… I put a black 70 percent shade cloth inside my greenhouse. It only lowered the inside temp from 100 to 98 degrees. I tried to put it over the greenhouse but I wasted a lot of time trying to put stakes in the ground to secure it. Dad and I thought it might help to wet the ground a little but it didn’t. It turned to mud! So, I installed it under the plastic inside the tunnel. Now, I know I supposed to take down the plastic but the plastic is the only thing holding it on the ground … and the gravel on the plastic!

40. Sasa So on July 12, 2021 at 2:56 am

Nice 😊

41. Phương Hoa Nguyễn on July 12, 2021 at 3:00 am

Very beautiful garden 🌱

42. Creativity Show on July 12, 2021 at 3:01 am

So beautiful sunny

43. PALMtrees Rus on July 12, 2021 at 3:02 am

Thanks for sharing. I need to learn how to grow Dahlia. My dream flower

44. namitom3 on July 12, 2021 at 3:03 am

Which variety of edamame grows well in phoenix?

45. playinginthebackyard on July 12, 2021 at 3:04 am

I love your channel and have learned so much from watching. Thank you for sharing all the knowledge. I noticed a lot of your fruit trees such as citrus and pomegranates are not near your raised beds but on the other side of your wall. Is there a reason for that? Can I plant citrus, pomegranates, or other fruit trees in my garden?

46. Chris Prestwich on July 12, 2021 at 3:04 am

Do you direct sow, or do seed starting in trays? Or combo of both?

47. Patricia Kennedy on July 12, 2021 at 3:06 am

Oh yay finally a 9b YouTube channel 😍😍😍

48. The Growing Gardener on July 12, 2021 at 3:06 am

I tried sweet peas for the first time this year. I think I planned them last Fall next to a sugar snap pea. The sugar snap started producing peas around Dec or january, but the sweet pea is large and luscious, but is just now hinting at blooming… Is that normal?

49. Carmen Cota on July 12, 2021 at 3:09 am

Is it too late to plant a peach tree?

50. Ann Albers on July 12, 2021 at 3:09 am

I love your tips and am just starting out with new garden beds. You inspire me! If you have any tips for organically killing off an old mint patch, I’d be interested. I’ve currently churned it and covered it with cardboard, but between the mint and the cattails that took over last year its pretty tenacious. Thank you so much for all the wonderful information!