10 Ways to Boost Yields in Your Vegetable Garden

10 Ways to Boost Yields in Your Vegetable Garden

๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ“– See the GrowVeg book here: https://www.growveg.com/growveg-the-beginners-guide-to-easy-gardening.aspx.
This year let’s harvest even more from our vegetable gardens! But just what are the most effective ways to increase productivity?

Clever tweaks to the way we grow can make a big difference to gardening success.

In this short video we share ten deceptively simple techniques proven to boost both the productivity and overall health of your garden.

If you love growing your own food, why not take a look at our online Garden Planner which is available from several major websites and seed suppliers:
and many more…

To receive more gardening videos subscribe to our channel here: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=GrowVeg

If you’ve noticed any pests or beneficial insects in your garden lately please report them to us at http://BigBugHunt.com

1. Michael Hurley on July 15, 2021 at 2:01 am

I would like to acquire your annual garden planner please ?

2. Sajad Ahmed on July 15, 2021 at 2:03 am

Hi as always a very good garden channel .could you please let me know how does comfrey look. .Don’t think I have a clue sounds very good comfrey tea. Could I buy it from garden centre.

3. Steve Jackson on July 15, 2021 at 2:03 am

How do I get the garden planner ?

4. imasurvivornthriver on July 15, 2021 at 2:04 am

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.

5. Lucy Rane on July 15, 2021 at 2:07 am

Can you do a video about growing heirloom vegetables please.
    Just love your videos my friend!

6. oddo pops on July 15, 2021 at 2:09 am

๐Ÿ˜Š

7. Frank Burns on July 15, 2021 at 2:12 am

I feed my soil in the fall and spring. In the winter, I feed my head, like the door mouse said. Okay, I do that last bit in fall and spring, too. Keep up the great vids, mate. Cheers.

8. Mary Watkins on July 15, 2021 at 2:13 am

I add compost to my beds in the fall and the spring before planting.

9. Christienโ€™s Garden on July 15, 2021 at 2:14 am

Fantastic video

10. Cherokee Rose on July 15, 2021 at 2:19 am

Another nice video…. thanks

11. Vincent Sleeves on July 15, 2021 at 2:20 am

Apple!

12. donna jacques on July 15, 2021 at 2:21 am

I’ve always been afraid to grow onions and garlic

13. Kalpana Reddy on July 15, 2021 at 2:22 am

Hello, How do you deal with grubs?

14. A. C. on July 15, 2021 at 2:22 am

Very informative. I was wondering if I need to use a specific vegetable food for each of my plant or can I use a general one for all my veggies?

15. Middletown Insider on July 15, 2021 at 2:24 am

I recently moved to a house with a good size yard and don’t have time or money to build frames for square foot gardening, like at my old house. This year, rather than having a traditional rectangular garden, I’m tilling east to west rows approx 4′ wide and 24′ long, leaving 36" between rows. This allows me to comfortably access the growing areas without ever having to step on the tilled soil; and, to concentrate compost in the growing areas. Last year, as I learned, here, I covered the garden with cardboard and topped that off with straw. This really does keep weeds in check and hold moisture.

16. Patricia Fletcher on July 15, 2021 at 2:24 am

Black currants are illegal in the US. They have a mold that kills pine trees.

17. ashwine rathore on July 15, 2021 at 2:26 am

I plant seeds from my spice tray and collect for next year

18. Bruce K on July 15, 2021 at 2:27 am

This is difficult, and here i thought I just throw seeds on the ground and water it ๐Ÿ˜†

19. Mary Watkins on July 15, 2021 at 2:29 am

I am going add this tip-grow heirloom veggies. Select the strongest plants and save the seeds from those. Also select the strongest plants to propagate from cuttings to make your harvest a bigger one.

20. My Family Garden on July 15, 2021 at 2:31 am

Good update, would agree with some but not everything you said

21. Jan Erdman on July 15, 2021 at 2:33 am

Love these videos! We have grown onions for years. We start seeds inside in January and transplant in early April. Onions like increasing light and are cold hardy so planting them early is OK

22. Muralidhar Uppala on July 15, 2021 at 2:37 am

Nice. Sea coast area water little salty. Remedy pl.

23. Elaine Hutchinson on July 15, 2021 at 2:38 am

Can you get the app via Android?

24. Ce K on July 15, 2021 at 2:42 am

Thank you for spending your valuable time helping us learn! We appreciate you๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒฝ๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒพ๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŽ๐Ÿค“

25. jacqueline biggs on July 15, 2021 at 2:42 am

Thanks a million for excellent ideas , I will use some ,I live in Jamaica. Blessings sir

26. Leizl Labsog on July 15, 2021 at 2:42 am

Thank you for this video.

27. Gillenz Fluff on July 15, 2021 at 2:44 am

I just use watered down urine it’s amazing fertilizer and it can supress plant pathogens and it saves thousands of drinking water from going down the toilet.
    Yeast is also a good plant booster and seed germination booster it produces plant growth promoting hormones and helps supress fungal and bacterial infections.

28. D N on July 15, 2021 at 2:47 am

Happy gardening

29. Mike Biggerstaff on July 15, 2021 at 2:50 am

I always enjoy and appreciate these month videos. Right now as I sit and look out at the cold, damp, cloudy weather, these video’s keep me looking forward to Spring. Time to order my seeds from Territorial Seed! Thank you for your inspiration.

30. Alexandra Smith on July 15, 2021 at 2:50 am

The soil was very poor when I moved in here, a little house nearly 50 years old. I tried adding compost and then we got chickens for the slugs and to deposit lime. I was advised to add Rock Dust which is high in minerals, so that’s gone in every spring and summer for around 7-8 years. Things are beginning to take off now and we had a great apple and fruit harvest last year, which I expect will be a little quieter this. I’ve also begun growing bee and bird favoured wild flowers and plenty of Lavender, and Russian Sage which arrived via a bird a couple of years back. The butterflies love them. I’m aiming at a lot of Permaculture as I can’t dig or plant much anymore. I love the tips you have given, most of which I’m doing already but the temptation to over pack areas is my downfall! We had very few potatoes this summer because of the heat. Wonder what this summer will bring.

31. Dancer4evanyc on July 15, 2021 at 2:52 am

What garden planner are you using?

32. My Hillside Garden on July 15, 2021 at 2:52 am

I always enjoy your videos and I love my garden planter. The newsletters and reminders are very helpful to me and I hope to put it to much better use this coming growing season. Enjoy the day! Catherine

33. J.French Rennier on July 15, 2021 at 2:55 am

These video’s are excellent as well as the companion video’s. I have maintained a large planter box garden for well over 3 decades. The video’s assisted in increasing my knowledge, saved me money, increased my yields & I even started using unfamiliar techniques which has since become habit.
    The 1 greatest advantage to planter box gardening was to collect tree leaves & grass clippings converting them into a mulch which has in particular tripled my cucumber production especially the Japanese long thin variety.
    Thanks again for the video’s, please continue to share new & better methods.