Beautiful DIY Raised Garden Beds in 3 MIN! – How to Build

Beautiful DIY Raised Garden Beds in 3 MIN! – How to Build

How to Build Beautiful DIY Raised Garden Beds in 3 minutes!
Build portion of the video starts at 0:55 – 3:30
….And then about 8 minutes of me talking about the beds and answering questions…haha!
In the video I will show you how I build my raised garden beds with basic lumber and corrugated roofing metal. The beds are not only beautiful but also durable and easy to build as well!

Thanks for watching and let me know if you have any questions.
Joe

If you guys like the videos I make and would like to help support the channel at no additional cost to you. Please consider doing some of you Amazon shopping through this link. I may receive a commission on some of the items you buy. Thanks for considering, it’s greatly appreciated ☺ http://amzn.to/2hWHbgu

Music sourced from the Youtube audio library and/or from EpidemicSound.com… credits as follows….

Miss The Sunshine by Kalle Engstrom
via Epidemic Sound (license/subscription via partnership with Studio71)

Subscribe to homesteadonomics: http://bit.ly/2trs1Iz

Follow homesteadonomics:
I rarely go onto Facebook so preferred method of contact is via IG DM or email.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/homesteadonomics
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/homesteadonomics/

Business Inquiries: kangaroojoe@msn.com

———– DIY, Welding, Tinkering, Rainwater Harvesting and Random Projects that Interest Me!

If you have any questions or business inquires feel free to email below or if you prefer, you can send old fashioned mail to this address:)

Homesteadonomics

HC 70 Box 4770

Sahuarita AZ 85629

———–
#raisedbeds #gardenbeds #gardening

Tags: raised beds, raised bed gardening, gardening, garden tour, raised planter, diy, how to, how to build a garden bed, corrugated metal, metal planter, corrugated roofing, metal garden beds,

1. Jamie Mitchell on July 16, 2021 at 2:34 am

Looks great mate, will add to my to do list, thx for sharing from Australia

2. matthew stover on July 16, 2021 at 2:34 am

Nice design, they look clean and sturdy.

3. EaqIe on July 16, 2021 at 2:35 am

Smart to use a combination of steel and wood!
    That way it can rust and rot at the same time, pure genius.

4. Mike Joyce on July 16, 2021 at 2:35 am

7:45 Another gardening YouTuber actually did a semi-scientific temperature measuring of the difference based on material. The metal-sided beds were maybe 1 degree higher.

Summary……not an issue.

5. Pam Roos on July 16, 2021 at 2:35 am

I am concerned about rust – I see your beds do not have rust – but your fence does – is it also metal roofing? I like these beds and was thinking of doing something like this before I watched this – I have no way of hauling long pieces of roofing and 2 x 4s; and the delivery fees are rather steep from lumber yards like Lowes and Home Depot.

6. A B on July 16, 2021 at 2:35 am

Thank you for this, I can’t wait for our garden to look like that. Love it, also the sun sails are cool. We are looking at turning our raised beds into metal to keep rats from climbing up in there. Sunny greetings from SoCal

7. C Clothier on July 16, 2021 at 2:37 am

The beds are beautiful. How dud you do you shade cover? I live in Southern California. Thanks

8. Judy H on July 16, 2021 at 2:38 am

What is the flashing made of, it looked it bent when you were screwing in.

9. P S on July 16, 2021 at 2:40 am

Is it hard to drill through the metal?

10. Krod Krod on July 16, 2021 at 2:40 am

I love this design. I need to add about 24 raised beds in my yard and i almost went with concrete blocks. This is way more practical and if in the end i don’t want them anymore, easy to remove.

11. Christ Hamilton on July 16, 2021 at 2:40 am

Totally agree about the benefits of shade in a hot climate. I live in Australia and we have covered our entire veggie garden with 30% white shade cloth. It stops things getting burnt in summer and saves a lot water because evaporation is reduced significantly. When you walk in there on a hot day it is quite a lot more humid in there but the white is very bright so no trouble with photosynthesis. Great video and design that makes it easy to vary the height. Cheers.

12. anuja jumani on July 16, 2021 at 2:41 am

What tool did you use to cut the corrugated metal?

13. joash nibbana on July 16, 2021 at 2:43 am

Can i use pine wood on this?

14. InternetGuy on July 16, 2021 at 2:45 am

What about rust?

15. e p on July 16, 2021 at 2:47 am

Good job! Im impress! But im affraid about isn’t it Aluminium and how it works with soil and plants like vegetables, isn’t it unhealthy?

16. Ed19601 on July 16, 2021 at 2:49 am

looks good. You seem to live in a hot and dry climate with poor soil, so raised beds is the way to go

17. 5X5 Urban K9 Chicken Punter on July 16, 2021 at 2:52 am

Living in one of the hottest climates in Arizona, I’m curious if the heat penetration on the corrugated roofing, would cause burning of the roots?

18. Veris on July 16, 2021 at 2:52 am

This guy is using physics. Corrugated roofing sheet cut to have the lines go vertical for strength. Not horizontal like I just saw in other videos.

19. chulasexychica11 on July 16, 2021 at 2:53 am

Im completely new to building can u list the materials used.

20. WestLand Armenia on July 16, 2021 at 2:53 am

Good work bro👍🏼🤠

21. pwntagerz on July 16, 2021 at 2:55 am

Fabulous!

22. Amigatech on July 16, 2021 at 2:57 am

I made one too! Your guide is perfect. Thank you!

23. Tommy Castro on July 16, 2021 at 2:57 am

Excellent job

24. Bethlehem Negussie on July 16, 2021 at 2:58 am

💜💜💜absolutely beautiful raised beds you made there. Love them …wish you can make it for me😎💜💜💜

25. cl west on July 16, 2021 at 3:01 am

AZ-expat here (the Valley) – do you find any problems with widows nesting under those ledges? Eight years ago I built some from wood in SW OK and battle them every year.

26. johnknoefler on July 16, 2021 at 3:02 am

My neighbor is on a tight budget but wants a raised bed for her elderly father who likes to garden. I’m going to use your plan. It’s economical and attractive. I’ll make them about five feet long but two feet wide and two feet deep. She’s going to have to brainstorm for the soil. We’ll figure something out I’m sure.

27. Mind Body and Soil on July 16, 2021 at 3:04 am

I finally completed mine, with a little adjustment to the metal layout due to budget constraints. They still turned out great. Thank you for a great video!

28. Jesse Melanson on July 16, 2021 at 3:06 am

The type of corrugated metal you can’t find at Home Depot or Lowe’s where I’m at. Do you think plywood wood work alright?

29. Двое в деревне. Не считая собаки. on July 16, 2021 at 3:09 am

Беру на заметку 👍🏻

30. RedMapleLeaf on July 16, 2021 at 3:10 am

OMG! You must be from Hungarian decent. I’ve only seen Hungarians eat a jalepeno pepper straight out of the garden! Ouch! I love jalepenos but can’t do them this way!

31. Kathy Rouse on July 16, 2021 at 3:11 am

I have a slight slope and uneven ground. Any tips of making sure the beds are level?

32. Josh M on July 16, 2021 at 3:15 am

I made my own . Thanks for sharing!

33. T. Aaron on July 16, 2021 at 3:16 am

You did not sure how to put the bottom in

34. Mike J on July 16, 2021 at 3:18 am

Great container. I made two of your planters, but did make a time saving material change. I used the corrugated metal for the corners. They easily hand bend at 90 degrees if you mark at the 13” center peak in the corrugation. Don’t bend against the peak it is much more difficult. Also I used a skill saw with the blade turned backwards, that’s an old aluminum siding trick…wear ear protection!!

35. IVIEW made on July 16, 2021 at 3:19 am

Very nice 👌

36. Adam Loveless on July 16, 2021 at 3:21 am

For those asking about the 3 x 3 flashing…i was not able to get any locally in Virginia….I ordered from Menard’s on line (2 – 10 foot sections). The site said free delivery so I tested. Delivered – total cost under $18.00…and better yet they came in framing to protect in transport – 4 – 12 Foot 2×6! so they are going to be re utilized for the top caps!

37. David on July 16, 2021 at 3:21 am

Diamond wheel cutter also slices through sheet metal like butter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DilhwMrL91Q

38. Terry Standard on July 16, 2021 at 3:23 am

That looks great! I just might build a few of these on a smaller scale for placing around my trees for holding mulch. Currently, I have sacked rocks that don’t look nowhere near as nice.

39. Tammy W on July 16, 2021 at 3:23 am

I am in the process of making these beds and can only seem to find silver flashing for the corners. Can you give me ideas where to get the colored corner flashing? Can the silver be painted? Thanks for sharing such beautiful work and ideas for others to do!

40. Oz Rosario on July 16, 2021 at 3:24 am

Can this style planter box be placed on top of a concrete patio. What sort of flooring between the concrete and bottom of the bed would be best to install?

41. Lulu Parl on July 16, 2021 at 3:25 am

The biggest uppcoming problem we will facing is the explosion ( nowcalled a new nano era) of nanotechnology that is merely tested and will be use in soon everything and they insist is good to put it inside our bodies and they are used in weather control programs etc.. its very complex issue but the " scients" think they are in control but they seem to never look back at history.

42. Thomas Thornton on July 16, 2021 at 3:26 am

Will it rust overtime? We got a lot of rain in nc.

43. Karl BE on July 16, 2021 at 3:27 am

Exactly what I wanted to see. I need to upscale from my 9 (15-25) gallon plastic pots to larger and more aesthetic containers in my small patio garden. I kinda want to do a 5 sided shape to maximize my irregular shaped space, maybe 8′ x 4 "x 5’x 2.5′. I guess not pressure treated wood…

44. Tracy Rousseau on July 16, 2021 at 3:27 am

What is hardware cloth?

45. JenBeauty13 on July 16, 2021 at 3:28 am

What do you use to cut the 3in by 3in corner roof flashing?

46. casmered on July 16, 2021 at 3:28 am

Did you turn the corrugated pieces sideways like that for stability (being vertical instead of horizontal) or because you like the looks that way better? I imagine it is for stability (or you just didn’t want them 27" tall) because with just the flashing it seems strange you could sit on them . Is that the deal?

47. Mayeh ARCHIVE on July 16, 2021 at 3:30 am

I’d love a garden when I have my own place for sure.. New subscriber here💕

48. Lulu Parl on July 16, 2021 at 3:31 am

👌

49. Leordan Carli on July 16, 2021 at 3:31 am

very good video, thanks for your time, what kind of soil do you put on the plants,thanks you sir

50. MannyScoots(Patriot) on July 16, 2021 at 3:33 am

Thanks for your videos…..I always learn from folks like yourself…..Bless you !!!!!! ….. I have 20,000 gallons of water stored ……Canned food for (12) months…… AR 15 (7.62×39) Glock 27 ……and horses …..Check out my prepper schack in Arizona and tell me what you think…….https://youtu.be/LX2UyXzcmEM