LED Grow Lights 101: What To Watch Out For When Buying From Amazon.com

LED Grow Lights 101: What To Watch Out For When Buying From Amazon.com

In this grow light series episode i go over how to find out the true specs for grow lights sold on amazon. There is a ton of options and lots of misleading information. I also show what grow light that you really shouldn’t buy.

Link to entire Grow Light 101 series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyGnQnIK8tOgWvu9SQE_j1m0mkijY9rBH

Go To Gardening Stuff ( Amazon Affiliate Links )

Lights_________________

200 True Watts
For High Yield Fruiting and Vegetable Plants
Niello – https://amzn.to/3dpH7jE ( STRONG )

40 True Watts
Houseplants/leafy greens ( great for shelves )
Barrina Full Spectrum – https://amzn.to/2V3K9UD

36 True Watts
Works great in light fixtures
SANSI – https://amzn.to/3fHKfsT

Random Necessities_______________________________________________

Timers For Your Lights – https://amzn.to/2NkbLAA
Temperature and Humidity Meter – https://amzn.to/3ei5ukF
The Greatest Mister Ever – https://amzn.to/2V3a2ne
Chikamasa Garden Scissors – https://amzn.to/2YYX7DY

Materials________________________________________________________

Fungus Gnat Removal (leverages a bacteria that kills only fungus gnats and mosquitos)
Misquito Bits – https://amzn.to/37NJaNr
Sphagnum Moss – https://amzn.to/3doNIeh
Orchid/Aroid Mix – https://amzn.to/3hL8b0e

1. SureFire Mushrooms & Microgreens on July 18, 2021 at 2:30 am

3 lights manufacturers that are worth your money. Maxsisun, Spider Farmer, Mars Hydro very good brands and are made of quality products they all use mean well drivers wich is the best in the industry as well as Samsung leds. You buy garbage and garbage is what you pay for.

2. Glenn Nile on July 18, 2021 at 2:30 am

Thanks for making it straight forward and very informative. You are the best I have watched.

3. Good To Grow on July 18, 2021 at 2:31 am

I got the Kingled. It wasn’t worth the money but it’s not a bad light. It works really well in early veg on a couple plants.

4. Jay Bee on July 18, 2021 at 2:31 am

Absolutely correct about the little stick light ones. I bought one for some succulents on my desk at work. The light died within a year and the pandemic killed my plants but I was able to keep it 7-8” away it worked pretty well. I couldn’t imagine using it for any more than that though!

5. Adam Marshall on July 18, 2021 at 2:31 am

If you’re from Canada the Phlizon 1500’s are the best deal for LED grow lights.

6. Izzy on July 18, 2021 at 2:35 am

Thank you for confirming my suspicion and giving me this safety warning to. I first wondered how they could produce these snake lights so inexpensively. Then I could not reconcile the descriptions and the reviews. What I found most bizarre was to see photos of a couple of pathetically small and weak looking plants that the owner thought looked great while using these snake arms lamps. I now am following you so that my indoor herbs will grow.

7. LPFan4 on July 18, 2021 at 2:35 am

Imagine a 1000w LED light… You could light a block with it!

8. Simi Simona on July 18, 2021 at 2:36 am

I can’t believe I ordered a USB light yesterday and just found this video telling me not to 🙈

9. FIFII on July 18, 2021 at 2:36 am

Are grow lights bad for your skin similar to UV light from the sun? Can I seep a grow light right next to my desk?

10. Mid-South Gumbo Kingz on July 18, 2021 at 2:37 am

What LED grow light would you recommend buying, for a 3 plant grow tent?

11. Jay Day on July 18, 2021 at 2:38 am

300×300 led panel light with the filter removed is the best for under £20 ..hps is better than all led lights

12. Slumpegas on July 18, 2021 at 2:40 am

Is the Vicosun 300w legit???

13. Brandon Young on July 18, 2021 at 2:41 am

Where the weed at bro

14. Jeff W on July 18, 2021 at 2:45 am

I bought that 2 pack. They’re actually 35w and 1 panel will be good with 1 plant. Use a full spectrum 26-30w grow bulb besides 2 panels for 2-3 plants. I was pleasantly surprised at the brightness of these panels (Amazon 2pk.)-about 50$ with shipping, it was worth it I think. Plants like them a lot.

15. David Clancy on July 18, 2021 at 2:46 am

Hi I enjoyed your videos. Could I ask you a question as I am still confused… What grow light make would you recommend yourself.. I just have a couple of house plants that need some extra light.. But can’t have a light hanging over my plánts.. So I need a bulb type that I can just plug into an normal light socket.. Thank you..

16. Rhonda Tucker on July 18, 2021 at 2:47 am

Love your shirt! 😂 Very informative video.

17. Stimm002 on July 18, 2021 at 2:48 am

I bought a "75w" light and it works just as well as I expected that said however… Putting amazon aside for a moment, if you buy a Mars hydro 600w or 1000w thats not what they draw and never have been. Its a RUFF equivalent to older style lights, who cares what it draws at the plug, that tells you nothing with LEDs. A LED could be drawing a bucket of power but producing little useful light or it could draw very little and produce a decent amount of light, its all about efficiency with LEDs, power draw tells you very little. Yes there are alot of bad adverts and info about the light you are buying on amazon but it has nothing to do with the W number, thats used widely in the industry and always has been.

18. Derek Yung on July 18, 2021 at 2:49 am

I’m growing 1 or 2 plants in a small space reccomend a best for the money dual light around 50 bucks or less. I’m beginner

19. Lucian on July 18, 2021 at 2:50 am

Wait so you’re telling me people actually use these lights to grow normal plants indoors? 😂

20. Hangler Gutierrez on July 18, 2021 at 2:50 am

Thanks

21. battyLegislacerator on July 18, 2021 at 2:53 am

I did end up purchasing one of the USB lights, but I’m only using it for one aloe plant…. 👀

22. Steve M on July 18, 2021 at 2:54 am

I grabbed one of those "45W" units for like $17, just for seedlings. Beyond that I don’t expect anything considering the price

23. jerazikp on July 18, 2021 at 2:54 am

Just get a spider farmer4000 or better. Worth every penny

24. VanillaSaltyBalls on July 18, 2021 at 2:56 am

Who’s grandma did you get that horrible shirt from?

25. Dennis Brophy on July 18, 2021 at 2:56 am

I’ll be honest with you, it’s a pretty good video up until you start talking about the par readings for the king led. Those par ratings were on point, there were two different heights. You were looking at the grid spacing number and not the height number. That is why there’s two different par ratings

26. Perla Isais on July 18, 2021 at 2:58 am

Thank you!

27. boredgrass on July 18, 2021 at 3:02 am

Schalluck😲😨

28. austin porter on July 18, 2021 at 3:03 am

Anyone tried the abriselux a1500 led light? It’s got really great specs and even better reviews comparing it to high dollar well trusted lights and out performing them with less wattage. It’s fairly new but I haven’t seen a single review of one being defective or breaking. Jut seeing I’d there’s any info out there. Thanks regardless 👌

29. Darlene Young on July 18, 2021 at 3:06 am

Can you please just tell us which is the best grow light for cannabis. Don’t want the whole lecture. Put a link please.

30. fu-ck youtube on July 18, 2021 at 3:06 am

dont buy on amazone easy.. an ac infinity cost the same on amazon as their own homepage

31. Daniel Roden on July 18, 2021 at 3:06 am

4 foot 6k color 4000 lumen shop leds are 17 dollars. those are the best bang for your buck. they’re even linkable so you dont need a huge plug or long extension cords.

32. Jesus Hernandez on July 18, 2021 at 3:07 am

i just bought a led usb one, i’ve had one for a while and it has worked decent but i just got a new baby monstera + baby rubber plant so i wanted to add extra light. do you think i’ll be okay ? i move into my dorm in august so i’m trying to find someone to put on a rack under my bed, any recommendations?

33. Mills YT on July 18, 2021 at 3:07 am

Those 1000w LEDs pull 180 true watts and you can get them for $60 x3 and that’s 540 watts, enough for a nice sized indoor garden.

34. Eric Claption on July 18, 2021 at 3:08 am

I bought one on Amazon said 1,200 and after I bought it found out it was 120 watt not 1200 watts

35. rrey0456 on July 18, 2021 at 3:08 am

Hey @Techplant since this video is now 7 months old. Is there a new light recommendation for $40 or below like the one you mentioned in this video. Your recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

36. GUMBALL BREATH on July 18, 2021 at 3:08 am

High pressure sodium

37. Charleston Brown on July 18, 2021 at 3:09 am

You can’t cheat by using cheap.lights fires, inefficient light are not worth the small savings, get a quality light last for years T5led, BadMF

38. Raven Dragonsong on July 18, 2021 at 3:10 am

Better yet, #BotcottAmazon

39. John Talmage on July 18, 2021 at 3:13 am

PAR and PAR range is what you shop for for your plants needs….

Micro mols per joule is what you shop for for your budget (electric bill) needs.

40. Natarumi on July 18, 2021 at 3:18 am

I`m glad I took 5 minutes to research before buying any of these grow lights. Thank you for the information.

41. Gzus on July 18, 2021 at 3:18 am

Thank you!! 🙏🏼

42. Aaron Fitzgerald on July 18, 2021 at 3:21 am

45w in terms of light output is not the same power used from the wall

43. Dalatest ritenow on July 18, 2021 at 3:22 am

Head hurts aahhhh

44. Chris B on July 18, 2021 at 3:22 am

would you go with the maxisun 1500 or MarsHydro ts 1000 as far as 150w for a 2×2 tent area

45. Jason Hook on July 18, 2021 at 3:23 am

I bought one on amazon for 50$. it shocks the shit out of me. Im doing more research this time.

46. KNOW YUH GROW on July 18, 2021 at 3:24 am

Thanks for sharing they lie do bad

47. Jeff R. on July 18, 2021 at 3:25 am

So whats the best grow lights ? LOL

48. Sofija Leron on July 18, 2021 at 3:26 am

was literally watching those cheap USB lights, but luckily i decided to visit youtube first and see if I would get bamboozled.

49. Gledison Fonseca on July 18, 2021 at 3:27 am

would you recomend for growting a couple of tomatoes plants and salad? cost bennefit driven of course 🙂 thanks

50. William Ladd on July 18, 2021 at 3:28 am

Don’t shop Amazon for a light. Electric sky has one of the best affordable leds that work with a 3 year warranty