16 Houseplants That Make Perfect Gifts!

16 Houseplants That Make Perfect Gifts!

Take the guesswork out of choosing an indoor plant for your friends or family with this detailed list of hard to kill plants!

You might be thinking of giving someone a houseplant for a gift but are unsure which plants are best for that particular person.

In today’s video, I cover 16 indoor plants are are great for gifting. These plants do not require a lot of attention, but give so much in return!

2:15 Dracaena
6:11 Chinese Money Plant
8:27 Hoya
11:11 Chinese Evergreen
13:28 Snake Plants (Sansevieria)
16:37 Homalomena
18:00 Ponytail Palm
18:51 Parlor Palms
19:38 Umbrella Plants
20:57 Hoya Kerri
23:30 Baby Rubber Plants
25:34 Silver Pothos
28:49 Sago Palms
29:59 Flamingo Flowers
31:31 ZZ Plants
32:41 Swiss Cheese Plants

Please visit http://www.planterina.com to see the many indoor plants we currently have available to ship for you from the greenhouse to someone special! BTW the discount code for the homalomena discount is HEYSELBY and for the Hoya Tricolor is HELLOHOYA

1. Andreea Popa on July 19, 2021 at 2:32 am

Wish I was your friend 😊😊😊

2. 윤팔이네 놀러오세요 on July 19, 2021 at 2:32 am

I like your channel. I’ve been studying English and my interest is plant. so your channel is perfect for me 🙂

3. Ember Jones on July 19, 2021 at 2:34 am

This channel brings me so much peace! ✌

4. Sueli Francisco on July 19, 2021 at 2:34 am

Boa tarde, esse mês comecei a ver seus vídeos, nossa estou estagnada de tantas maravilhas, estou aprendendo muito com vc, tem plantas que eu nem sabia que pegava de estacas, ou folhas nossa vc é estupenda kkkkk, amo de paixão seus vídeos mesmo nao6entendendo muito sua lingua6, mas vamos lá kkkk, uma ótima segunda pra vc e família, seus dogs tb são lindos kkkk, bjs mil sou de São Paulo capital, bjs.😘👏🤩🐛

5. Michelle house music Chapman on July 19, 2021 at 2:35 am

Snake plant…ummm..im still debating on this one.. i think it depends on what type of planter pot it’s in that makes the LOOK…🤔🤔🤔

6. Alan Eyzaguirre on July 19, 2021 at 2:36 am

You’re a National Treasure.

7. chai xiong on July 19, 2021 at 2:40 am

This video is a year old, but I’m barely seeing it right now. If you ever need someone to hand off plants too then I volunteer myself 😂. I’m available lol.

8. winter 142 on July 19, 2021 at 2:40 am

9:17 it got mealys
    go get them hell

9. Lale Alan on July 19, 2021 at 2:41 am

Very very perfect. ..
    Thank you.

10. Madona Cleofas Raton on July 19, 2021 at 2:42 am

I want one Miss Amanda please…🤗❤️😘

11. Monica Kasunick on July 19, 2021 at 2:43 am

I love how sneaky she is about it. Get your friend some easy plants so it builds there confidence which in turn leads to more challenging plants and better plant friends that can deal with your own obbcession 😜🤟 Love it💖💖💖 I had a friend that would go sneak to her daughters house and give her plants miracle grow in the middle of the night same self building confidence concept ps that turned into another plant obbcession 💖

12. Lucia Alston on July 19, 2021 at 2:44 am

Ah by gifts you mean gifts for myself

13. Fe Calimlim on July 19, 2021 at 2:46 am

I have already some plants like those I have seen in the video.

14. Hip Content on July 19, 2021 at 2:49 am

you are not kidding my youngest son wants me to decorate the house like a jungle.
    He is 22, he loves nature, he loves trees, animals, plants…

15. Lsailmibtaha Simba on July 19, 2021 at 2:49 am

❤️from india🇮🇳

16. Deana D on July 19, 2021 at 2:50 am

i shared your video…lol hey plants are the perfect gift, you don’t need to know what size , what color ,do they have it, and if they are killing it they are more then likely going to give it back hahaha

17. Mohamed Ifreen on July 19, 2021 at 2:53 am

"Beginner person" 😂💗

18. Mike Dan on July 19, 2021 at 2:54 am

I always wonder how you can look after your tropical forest, your family and your pets and making videos in a year. Just amazing!

19. Michelle on July 19, 2021 at 2:55 am

This makes me realize how many people are not plant people and I couldn’t buy 90 percent of people I know with a plant because even if it’s an easy plant. It usually dies because they aren’t plant people. And over water it or under water it. Or it’s simply the environment isn’t compatible

20. Joni Bowen on July 19, 2021 at 2:57 am

such a good fun video. thanks Amanda!

21. Anne Bush on July 19, 2021 at 2:57 am

You are awesome!!

22. Elyza Lee Flick on July 19, 2021 at 2:58 am

Ive gota chocolate anthuriun its stunning.

23. ayu sekarini on July 19, 2021 at 2:59 am

I want to be your friend! 😁

24. Aldin on July 19, 2021 at 3:00 am

Not the monstera

25. Ulrike Matter on July 19, 2021 at 3:01 am

Am I the only one who doesn’t like ALL houseplants? Like the Dracaena, I have one and it’s just sitting in the corner w/o doing anything. It’s such a dumb plant. It’s getting new leaves from time to time and is loosing some others from time to time, but to me it’s totally boring while the Dracaena considers itself as being a plant-supermodel🙄

26. Brandy Pettigrew on July 19, 2021 at 3:01 am

How often do you water the parlor parlor palm?

27. Michelle house music Chapman on July 19, 2021 at 3:01 am

Dracena is a great plant for my guy friend. He needs a low maintenance plant that don’t need watering too often.

28. Albert Parisi on July 19, 2021 at 3:01 am

I’m pretty good with my plants…but I have Lousy luck with anthuriums and draceaenas/; In fact , I won’t even buy another dracaena. But Sago Palms can survive my dark apartment like it’s the perfect growing environment . Love Sagos👍

29. Albert Parisi on July 19, 2021 at 3:02 am

So I guess I’m pretty “slow”…I’ve been watching you for quite awhile and I didn’t know you sold plants/: When I saw your garage full of plants , I thought you had a tiny hoarding problem ! Lol I’ll be definitely checking out your site (: I’m going to research your hoyas because mine doesn’t have leaves cascading over like yours. It just sends out these long tendrils. It looks strong , but I want it to look like yours(:

30. Terry Thomas on July 19, 2021 at 3:02 am

I send your videos to my daughter to help her with her plants. Now we are both crazy plant ladies. We love you.

31. Keimo Rahkonen on July 19, 2021 at 3:03 am

I absolutely love your videos! They make me feel better about my "jungle" of a flat 😀 Everyone comments my plants (and my 6 cats, dog and my fishtank) they all say I have too many houseplants, but… They are mine to take care of! I love them and I want to give them the best care I can, so I’m happy, as long as my pets (including my plants) are happy. 🙂

32. MR HD GAMER on July 19, 2021 at 3:04 am

I think A zz is the first on the list without watching 🤣

33. Aura Blue on July 19, 2021 at 3:04 am

Glad someone watered you when you needed it!

34. Umair Ahmad on July 19, 2021 at 3:08 am

i gave my sister my divided peace lilys and she killed them

35. Hip Content on July 19, 2021 at 3:09 am

The day it becomes illegal for me to plant my own food, then take me to jail, I love plants, and I enjoy growing my own edible greens, I have a blood disorder, my white and red cells are compromised and there is no cure for it, I can die, because red cells is blood, not enough blood on the body can paralyze my heart and when my red cells and white cells go low, so does my sugar and I do not get warnings, my body does not tell me, until my heart tells me, growing greens at home has helped me, because I Am prone to virus, infection and bacteria, food at stores everyone touches it, you do not know where their hands have been, if I catch anything, my body cannot fight it. So if it ever becomes illegal take me to jail.

36. Gianna Chiovaro on July 19, 2021 at 3:13 am

Amanda I will gladly take a plant hahah 😂

37. Ashley Rose on July 19, 2021 at 3:13 am

Anyone know where she got that cache pot that for the money plant?

38. Zimrian is present on July 19, 2021 at 3:15 am

I do not celebrate Thanksgiving but I made it to the end of the video #nativepride lol

39. Allyson Mahabir on July 19, 2021 at 3:19 am

Hi Amanda..looking at your video again..and I’m crazy about plants as much as you are if not more😃
    I also love the heart-shape leaf plant…which we had them here
    Thanks again for sharing,

40. Lisa W on July 19, 2021 at 3:20 am

Amanda, please be sure to tell people not to have a Sago Palm if they have pets. If your dog chews on a piece of the sago, he will die. Thank you.

41. Winter Willows20 on July 19, 2021 at 3:21 am

6/13/21. Amanda, you are so funny! I love your videos. You present a lot of great info, are obviously intelligent and very knowledgeable, but you present things as an equal and with a sense of humor. I learn from you!

I recently started a succulent and semi-succulent collection, due to a whitefly infestation on the others I had… had being the key word… what the whiteflies didn’t kill, my attempts at killing the whiteflies did!

I’m learning about them as I go along and enjoying the knowledge I gain from your videos. Thank you!

42. HARUN on July 19, 2021 at 3:22 am

I have been planning to give myself a gift.

43. Nayda Klein on July 19, 2021 at 3:23 am

“I’m gonna put one in their car”
    😂 😂 😂

44. Keiry S on July 19, 2021 at 3:24 am

Lol and that’s how I got my best friend into plants, gave her a cactus 😅

45. Puppy on July 19, 2021 at 3:24 am

Please send snake-plants,
    My house doesn’t have any oxygen at all so I need a donation.

46. Dustin Thornton on July 19, 2021 at 3:25 am

I just ordered one of your monstera plants. Excited to recieve it. 😁

47. Lucky Barrel on July 19, 2021 at 3:27 am

Peperomia obtusifolia is the worst plant hands down. It’s a major pest magnet and very easily gets overwatering edema. It’s not a beginner plant by a moonshot.

48. Dee B on July 19, 2021 at 3:28 am

You little demons DEMONS, that put a thumbs down, grow up and get a clue, you prolly never grew a garden or a plant for that matter in your entire existence, keep the hate away in a place of love, life, growth and beauty, just saying, stay away, If you don’t love the earth, nurturing gods beauty you have no place here, just my opinion, go away!!!! I, for one, don’t need to see this and your negativity, however, I saw it and it makes me sad, keep it to yourself. ad!!!!!!!!!! sorry not sorry, bit emotional right now, this is the best channel and I don’t appreciate negativity around your beautiful channel.

49. Let's Be Serious, Sarah. on July 19, 2021 at 3:30 am

WHERE do you get your white ceramic planters?? I’m always looking for them and they always have deep textures to them. I love yours!

50. Илья Антонов on July 19, 2021 at 3:31 am