Why purchase a Green House? Growing Food in a Greenhouse

Why purchase a Green House? Growing Food in a Greenhouse

A friend asked me the question, “Why do I need a green house”. Well in this segment I answer the question and show my greenhouse and some things Im growing. This is the harbor freight greenhouse

1. Learn Organic Gardening at GrowingYourGreens on July 21, 2021 at 8:58 pm

I would encourage you to build a "dual pane" green house, which is better insulated. I would build a larger facing to the south with an extra row of pannels to collect the sun when its out. You should GO FOR IT and attempt to grow thru the winter. Check my other videos for how people in Milwaukee, WI grow in the snow using only compost as the heat source. You can do that in Reno too! (And they didnt even have double panes)

2. starshock01 on July 21, 2021 at 9:00 pm

unique things? lol i see lambs quarters @ 2:14 =D

3. Jayden Cool on July 21, 2021 at 9:04 pm

A snail……."

4. The Woolista on July 21, 2021 at 9:05 pm

What state are you in?
    I’m in zone 5 northeast Ohio and we just put up a palagram 10 x 8 greenhouse and have it heated
    I’m going to try planting stuff..not sure what yet since I’m new to this…next week

5. BigDog Outdoors on July 21, 2021 at 9:08 pm

from watching your videos, i have gained alot of your opinion, and very little factual knowledge about greenhousing. i dont doubt that you know your stuff, but its not getting conveyed like i believe you are trying to.

6. Don Julio on July 21, 2021 at 9:09 pm

name of your fan please

7. keyair123 on July 21, 2021 at 9:11 pm

i’m so jealous.

8. Fall Of An Empire on July 21, 2021 at 9:13 pm

those plants look rough

9. Jordan T. on July 21, 2021 at 9:16 pm

Great video, thank u for that.

10. Donald Dunn on July 21, 2021 at 9:17 pm

I started a new Facebook group called:    "Harbor Freight Greenhouse sharing group"  We need new members to help get us going. For all green house questions , ideas and sharing of pictures , plans and experiences. Every one is welcome

11. Z. Weertje on July 21, 2021 at 9:20 pm

What a mess!

12. Mr 386 on July 21, 2021 at 9:21 pm

Dont buy build 🙂 plus its great fun! So far mines done apart from the roof has only cost me £3.95 for long screws every thing els if recycled 🙂 and it.s not small 9ft by 9ft by 7 ft

13. Candace Dainty on July 21, 2021 at 9:22 pm

Learn to slow down– your camera action is dizzying and annoying.

14. BGIRL1120196 on July 21, 2021 at 9:23 pm

Hey there, cool video. I’m in Massachusetts. Any idea at what temp I can start using it, outside temp day and night. I’m trying to figure out when I can put plants in it.

15. CrazyMikeShow on July 21, 2021 at 9:24 pm

I bought the largest one I could that won’t fit in my space.. gotta get creative I guess when I set it up.

16. Evolution of a Homestead on July 21, 2021 at 9:25 pm

That was an awesome tour and introduction to greenhouses thank you

17. Cindy stebbins on July 21, 2021 at 9:26 pm

Very little information on why to get a green house and a ton of information on what you are growing and why or how it can be eaten,

18. Rebecca Benway on July 21, 2021 at 9:27 pm

I need a greenhouse, especially in Massachusetts. I plan on attaching one on our mobile home deck when we move in.

19. rolfdogg on July 21, 2021 at 9:30 pm

I have the same green house it is great for starting seeds but I will agree with you the 10×12 is much better for all around use it is taller and gives you a better option to grow year all year long

20. Advance Greenhouses on July 21, 2021 at 9:31 pm

True, there are a lot of good reasons for owning a greenhouse. But, I would think you would want to invest in a shade cloth rather than a tarp. The tarp is letting in zero percent light. A typical shade cloth for veggies is 60 – 65%. You can get one for this size greenhouse for under $100. Yeah, that’s more than the tarp, but your plants would be a whole lot healthier. Otherwise, great setup. Tammy

21. newgtguy on July 21, 2021 at 9:32 pm

Looks great John. Thanks for all of your videos.

Also, I love my Omega 8006.

22. Susan Clay on July 21, 2021 at 9:33 pm

We bought the 10 x 12 from Harbor Freight and the wind blew it over.

23. Stephen Osuna on July 21, 2021 at 9:34 pm

"in 2020, this list helped me decide for the best greenhouse *scafe.shop/tbg2020?Bh* hope it helps you out too!"

24. Purple roblox on July 21, 2021 at 9:35 pm

I live in St.louis. I really, really appreciate your videos!! I will be looking for a 6×8 by the end of the year. What should I try to grow in the winter.

25. Rebecca Benway on July 21, 2021 at 9:37 pm

Solar power and rain catchment would be a must.

26. nicholas petta on July 21, 2021 at 9:38 pm

Video is tough to watch due him saying "actually" so much.

27. Lisa Garwood on July 21, 2021 at 9:40 pm

I have the same green house. I have a temp gauge the reads the outside temp and the green house temp which is about a 20 degree difference. Do you know what I could use to heat my green house in the winter.I live where it gets cold and it snows. I have not had a garden for years but decided to 1 last year. I still have the green thumb.I enjoyed it and had all sorts of foods. I have 5 raised beds. My tomato plants were over 6 feet tall. Thank you for sharing your videos they are great.

28. thefiddlingdog on July 21, 2021 at 9:41 pm

Did you stabilize this to the ground and if so how did you do that?

29. lilchopin1 on July 21, 2021 at 9:42 pm

where do you get all these interesting-named seeds

30. José Daniel on July 21, 2021 at 9:42 pm

Great Video clip! Apologies for butting in, I would love your thoughts. Have you ever tried – Parlandealey Impetigo Goodbye Process (Sure I saw it on Google)? It is a good exclusive guide for finding some amazing landscaping designs for your home without the headache. Ive heard some pretty good things about it and my best friend Jordan at very last got astronomical success with it.

31. jack adogoff on July 21, 2021 at 9:45 pm

I’ve been gathering recycled, tempered glass panels from a company thats re-doing all the windows in an apartment complex and I’m going to build a greenhouse near the end of this summer. I live in Reno, NV, we only have about 3 months of growing season, cold winters and HOT summers. I have access to more glass and space than I need, should I build a large greenhouse in anticipation of growing through the winter or just staring seeds? Thanks for your videos.

32. safi456 on July 21, 2021 at 9:46 pm

Sorry, this video is very long, and I just need a quick answer to Why One Would Need a Greenhouse. I’m guessing its to grow food in the winter when the garden becomes unusable.

33. snappyjdog on July 21, 2021 at 9:46 pm

I just built a greenhouse and have been looking for a solar fan. How is yours working? Can you tell me the make and model? So many solar fans are crap; I want to make sure I get one that actually works.

34. LMField1 on July 21, 2021 at 9:53 pm

We just bought a house that came with a greenhouse and I have no idea how to use it but am eager to learn. Looks like I need to get the watering system figured out and find a thermostat controlled fan soon. Thanks for the video!