How To Grow Dragonfruit Part 5: HARVEST and End of Season Care

How To Grow Dragonfruit Part 5: HARVEST and End of Season Care

In the final video on how to grow dragon fruit from cuttings, we harvest my very first dragon fruit in just 14 months from planting stem cuttings! That is extremely fast dragon fruit growing if I do say so myself. I’m very pleased with how this journey has gone, and if you have any questions please feel free to drop a comment.

IN THIS VIDEO

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Other links may be affiliate links in which we receive a commission.

→ Epic Harvest Apron: https://findaprons.com/products/harvest-apron-designed-in-partnership-with-kevin-espiritu
→ Feather Meal: https://amzn.to/354KN76

→ TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@epicgardening
→ Discord Server: https://discord.gg/cuXxvKRwKN
→ FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/epicgardening/
→ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/epicgardening
→ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/epicgardening

DISCLAIMER

Epic Gardening occasionally links to goods or services offered by vendors to help you find the best products to care for plants. Some of these may be affiliate links, meaning we earn a small commission if items are purchased. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. More info on our process: https://www.epicgardening.com/disclaimer/

1. Lady Skywalker on July 23, 2021 at 8:59 pm

How does the neem oil protect it without burning it? I accidentally burned three of my citrus plants with neem.

2. Abo Odai on July 23, 2021 at 9:00 pm

What is the time of the year to cut ,plant ,flowering ,and harvest

3. Jennifer Patterson on July 23, 2021 at 9:00 pm

How did your friend’s plant do??

4. Skeso2k on July 23, 2021 at 9:04 pm

Can I grow these plants in Doha, Qatar? If so how do I grow it in my weather?

5. Stephanie Hare on July 23, 2021 at 9:04 pm

beautiful!!!!

6. Hazaroon Mohammed on July 23, 2021 at 9:05 pm

I love your channel n i am so excited about my dragonfruit plants here i have the red one ..they r about 8 months old ..we just have 2 seasons as i live in the tropics .i was surprised in vid 2 with the amount of water u used but i understand y ..i just hope i did not damage any roots while putting a stake into the pots 😕well i must be patient n i do hope they come to fruition in the future ..so thank u for all the advice n tips ..

7. Juliette L. on July 23, 2021 at 9:06 pm

Ok, I’m so DEFINITELY getting a dragon fruit plant! 😊

8. Pompom Yourkey on July 23, 2021 at 9:06 pm

yay your dragon fruit tree made fruits!

9. Wraps by Rachel on July 23, 2021 at 9:06 pm

I missed when/why you’ve marked with a sharpie (or similar) with the dates — is that the date that the fruit started to form? When the plant did the flower? when It started changing colors? Can you tell us more about that? Thanks!!!!

10. Jomar Ventura on July 23, 2021 at 9:07 pm

Wow, just experienced the whole father of dragons series 🙂 thanks for your info, energy and passion! I have one that has been getting neglected because of blooming issues; I will try your advice and give them the attention and care they deserve, thanks man!

11. Alison Perry on July 23, 2021 at 9:07 pm

Chiiling them …….? No way tge flavoyr is stronger room temp

12. Stargazer on July 23, 2021 at 9:09 pm

I bought a yellow dragon fruit from and asian store and started seed with my aero garden lights. I have 1 inch dragon fruits I just transplanted. I can’t wait for more growth. Loving this fruit.

13. Andrea Weber on July 23, 2021 at 9:09 pm

I got the blistering good to know that’s what it was thanks. I moved my plant out of the full sun

14. Carnish Skumar vlog on July 23, 2021 at 9:11 pm

Hello, loved ur videos. But one question. Why the leaf got yellow at the end. Is it something we can avoid and how?

15. Pau Hy on July 23, 2021 at 9:11 pm

@ Epic Gardening,when will Master Richard Lee give you a higher belt in growing your dragonfruits/child,ha?.

16. Blueskies on July 23, 2021 at 9:12 pm

Kim Phan has a very educational dragon fruit channel folks.

17. Jewie Snew on July 23, 2021 at 9:12 pm

I think you should put a shade net to reduce the sun intensity.

18. missy12531 on July 23, 2021 at 9:12 pm

Thank you so much .I have learned so much from you!!!

19. Little Space Case on July 23, 2021 at 9:13 pm

I noticed that variety of dragon fruit taste sweeter in southeast asia so the loss in sweetness may have something to do with how its transported

20. YANN on July 23, 2021 at 9:14 pm

I loved this series 🤩 Thanks for sharing. 👊🏾

21. Ashley Houston on July 23, 2021 at 9:15 pm

How did your friend’s plant come out?

22. classical7 on July 23, 2021 at 9:17 pm

The red one is much sweeter!! Love both though.

23. Alexander DeLuca on July 23, 2021 at 9:17 pm

5:14 the first video u said it was 20 gal.

24. A Colley on July 23, 2021 at 9:18 pm

So adorable how excited you are!🐉🐲

25. Alexander DeLuca on July 23, 2021 at 9:18 pm

00:7 him cutting open his "child" as he mentioned in previous videos

26. Tayshima DABs on July 23, 2021 at 9:19 pm

Food grade Damascus earth I bought from Walmart to help fight against my knats fly pest issues. I’m still lightly using the powder on recycling my soil that I failed at growing my hard attempts. But can I use Damascus earth for dragon fruit 🍉 that was recently bought from the grocery store but rot or molded on me. So I used old soil from previous gardening fails, used two dying aloe Vera leaves cactus at the bottom of the soils, manure, cactus 🌵 Miracle grow, miracle organic soil mix, top soil, Damascus earth food grade white powder onto the layered soils, dead/rot/moldy-dragonfruit with skin flesh and seeds inside moisturized with composting two aloe Vera leaves as drainage at the bottom of my Grow blk & wht Grow bag I leave on my balcony facing eastern sunrise 🌅 of Denver, then noon the sun leaves towards western shining away from my east facing balcony so I don’t get much sun but I’m struggling with growing my gardening. I’m trying cactus 🌵 type that provides food grade herbal to medical uses, until I can grow 🌿 herbs, & other gardening within my apt space.

27. Alison Perry on July 23, 2021 at 9:23 pm

Sorry I had to unsubsribe cant handle the TEETH

28. Nikhil Bansal on July 23, 2021 at 9:24 pm

How many fruits can grow a plant?

29. andy braaksma on July 23, 2021 at 9:26 pm

Hey cannibal you just ate your kid

30. Cindy Henry on July 23, 2021 at 9:27 pm

Loved this series. A little tip for you, dehydrate your extra dragon fruit. The flavor intensifies and is very satisfying. It also gives you fruit out of season. 🙂

31. Akash Khan on July 23, 2021 at 9:28 pm

I have seen your dragon fruit full series more than 10 times

32. Red Ibex on July 23, 2021 at 9:30 pm

Great. That was most informative. I too have a dragonfruit plant that has not flowered for 2 years. I’ll try out your method now.
    B.t.w. what was that harness you were wearing inside your jacket? It looked interesting. Can you share some details or link?

33. Cat Woman on July 23, 2021 at 9:31 pm

Kevin, father of dragons

34. Karen Ward on July 23, 2021 at 9:31 pm

My cutting hss not rooted Ive had it for 3 weeks

35. Connie Crawford on July 23, 2021 at 9:31 pm

Where do you get dragonfruit seeds/ plants!

36. Chris Topher on July 23, 2021 at 9:32 pm

Bro you look like Kai Bent Lee’s long lost older brother

37. Ma. Teresa Capinpin on July 23, 2021 at 9:33 pm

How to make dragon fruit produce more flowers and fruit?

38. Danie daniem39 on July 23, 2021 at 9:38 pm

What happened to you’re friend’s dragon fruit plants?

39. MAR Reborns on July 23, 2021 at 9:39 pm

What happened with your friend’s one?

40. Andrew Weinert on July 23, 2021 at 9:41 pm

Do you have any experience in “foliage feeding” dragon fruits?

Thanks for the great series.

41. Tobias Holub on July 23, 2021 at 9:42 pm

that was such a delightful and wholesome series, thanks so much!

42. Michael Schwarzer on July 23, 2021 at 9:44 pm

A great series. My Cactus gets actually its first bud. I took it a few days ago out the greenhouse into the full sun. Now we have a few days with 30 to 20 degrees and 12 to 6 degrees in night. The bud is now 19cm long . Hope it will open until the nights are too cold. What do you think is the minimum temperature for blooming?

43. Sham's Gardening & Crafts on July 23, 2021 at 9:45 pm

Hi Kevin I have done the similar process what you have done, iv purchase two dragon fruit cuttings this year January time and iv rooted both of them now, the branches have grown up my trellis and it has drop down, now on the branches instead flower buds coming its developing branches everywhere on every future flower buds, iv just posted a video up on my channel what the plant is doing I live in the uk and trying my best to produce one next year👍

44. T U G I on July 23, 2021 at 9:53 pm

my first dragonfruit plant is now 6 days old🙂 very excited to take care of it🌵

45. Alison Perry on July 23, 2021 at 9:55 pm

im blessed to have the soil And climate for them they grow like weeds in the dry trooics of far nth queensland Australia…. getting tbr Trellesing right is the most important thing.. can belueve u put tgem in pits espessually 4 together the roots are big and they are heavey feeders

46. Gold Dee on July 23, 2021 at 9:57 pm

You’d love to see my mother in law’s wall of dragonfruit. And I do mean WALL. She used the railing at the top of the wall to trellis it. So she has a good 20ft or more of thick dragonfruit plants, but it’s only a couple of plants, but they are long and dense. I believe we bought the house with an old dragonfruit plant. Like 12 years old or older. It’s huge!

47. cabran76 on July 23, 2021 at 9:57 pm

Fellow San Diegan here – mine has its first fruit after 5 years (i didn’t care for it as well as I could have and its a tangled mess as well). How long did it take for the fruit to ripen?

48. Sally Burkett-Caskinette on July 23, 2021 at 9:57 pm

What happened to your friends dragon fruit plant? Did he get fruit like you did?

49. prerana ainapure on July 23, 2021 at 9:58 pm

Hey Kevin! I have got this “mini” dragon fruit plant.. I don’t know what colour it has.. would appreciate if you could guide abt its harvest time? Growing dragon fruit For the first time..

50. Delia Hitz on July 23, 2021 at 9:58 pm

thank you so much! This was so fun and informative! Congratulations on being a dragonfruit dad 😉