Vegetable Garden Tour | July in our Organic and Permaculture Inspired No Dig Vegetable Garden

In this video, I take you on a full vegetable garden tour to show you what is growing on in our permaculture inspired raised bed veggie garden. There has been so much growth recently and it is nice to be taking daily harvests from the garden. This video will cover all 21 raised beds that are growing and will show you the good and the bad of how things are coming along – I hope you enjoy!

Want to support the channel and get more videos? Become a patron and get access to 2 exclusive videos a week, for only $3 a month: https://www.patreon.com/huwrichards

My Online Course ‘More Food Less Effort’: https://abundanceacademy.online/p/more-food-less-effort

Follow me on Instagram: @huws_nursery
My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/HuwsGardenNursery

My 1st Book (Veg in One Bed) http://veginonebed.com/
My 2nd Book (Grow Food for Free) http://growfoodforfree.com/

#permaculture #gardentour #vegetablegarden

1. Heidi D on July 24, 2021 at 8:52 pm

Outstanding Huw! So healthy and beautiful!! From Nova Scotia

2. Toni Pidsadnick on July 24, 2021 at 8:52 pm

Wow Huw – how many "spare courgettes" do you have?
    Warm regards from Niagara Falls Ontario Canada! One of my favorite things about your videos, is when you point out something you’ve done (or not done!) out of the ordinary and add "why not?" I’ve also learned that I’ve been intuitively gardening all my life: it never occurred to me that there was a name for it 🙂 That being said, I’ve tried to have babies ready to fit in harvested/cleared out areas. Love your videos – I will sign up with Patreon.

3. Cottage Mommy on July 24, 2021 at 8:52 pm

I loved the meal ideas you shared. I’m always interested in new, simple ideas of ways to use fresh vegetables. I hope you continue to do garden tours- even straight through the winter. I know there’s not as much to see, but inspiring all the same.

4. Lynn Smith on July 24, 2021 at 8:55 pm

Beautiful garden! Your tour took about half an hour. I gave one of my friends a tour of mine yesterday. It took two minutes! Hopefully next year will be better.
    I followed your online course recently and can’t wait for autumn/winter to get started on my expansion using your wisdom. Love your channel.

5. Nancy Chen on July 24, 2021 at 8:55 pm

Your voice is so calming 😊

6. Jeannine Caland on July 24, 2021 at 8:56 pm

Hi Huw I just found your channel and enjoy it immensly. Your heritage blue peas at 20:30 are quite popular here in the Netherlands. They’re mostly sold dried, rehydrated and overcooked in cans, but fresh they taste much better. If you expect them to taste like peas you will be disappointed, because they’re not as sweet. I usually ad them to stirfries or a veggy omelet. If you eat meat, you can fry them with onion and bacon.

7. Owen Harries - The Welsh Gardener on July 24, 2021 at 8:58 pm

The garden looks awesome Huw! My garden update is out this Wednesday! 😁

8. Gamze Mutfakta on July 24, 2021 at 8:58 pm

Beautiful veg garden. Topinambur is a loved and a staple veg here, but the name jarusalem artichoke really bothers me. It is native to North America (nothing to do with jarusalem) and it is a root veg (nothing to do with artichokes). So why still call it jarusalem artichoke? I think earth apples ,sunroot,sunchoke or topinambur is a better choice ..😊😊

9. Simple Gardening Journey on July 24, 2021 at 8:58 pm

That’s so annoying when you suddenly lose a plant that’s growing well! We had that happen with two of our Summer Squash/Courgettes this year, but manage to root and re-plant the tops of each plant! We were quite surprised it worked, so made videos of the process for our YouTube Channel. We also re-planted seeds, but the tops yielded fruit much quicker!

10. FrankEdavidson on July 24, 2021 at 8:59 pm

I wish most of that would grow up north in a heavy soil.

11. Follow Your Roots on July 24, 2021 at 9:01 pm

Great video, love the flowers.
    Can you tell me what sizes are the beds showed in the video? Like what size is the one that is slightly larger than the one that is 1,2m/3m? and based on what did you do the math? Based on what is to be planted there? For what are you using those beds?

Thank you!

12. John Sheppard on July 24, 2021 at 9:02 pm

get the hops going

13. Ryan Korbar on July 24, 2021 at 9:02 pm

Do you have cucumber beetles and squash bugs to deal with?

14. Eulogio Diéguez on July 24, 2021 at 9:03 pm

Me gusta tu canal y el de Charles Dowding porque veo comida, lechugas, zanahorias, remolacha, cebollas…. en otros veo teoría, hiervas y mas teoría.

15. Izzy Wizzy on July 24, 2021 at 9:06 pm

Hi Huw, lovely garden, it looks so lush and colourful and sunny. I have just got back from my plot soaked to the skin from torrential rain and freezing cold after putting up a net to protect my Brussels sprouts as they had got too tall for their original mesh, hating the english summer and the slugs, grump, grump, grump, 😫 and your video has really cheered me up!

16. Maicim YOSHIKI on July 24, 2021 at 9:06 pm

Very nice video.😉👍

17. Ferdinand Glück on July 24, 2021 at 9:09 pm

A treat every time!! Thanks so much:)
    As a swiss person, I have to tell you to give this swiss chard plants a bit more air… they can grow really big. Hope they will!!!

18. martin budd on July 24, 2021 at 9:09 pm

What wood do you use for your raised bed and what size us the timber. Great video thanks

19. Steve Santa on July 24, 2021 at 9:11 pm

Hi Huw I just got your book love it, can’t wait to get an allotment to get started

20. Justin de Beer on July 24, 2021 at 9:11 pm

Perhops, perhops, perhops… Very funny. Love the garden tour!

21. Joshua Holt on July 24, 2021 at 9:12 pm

Watching in January, dreaming of July

22. Mike Harrington on July 24, 2021 at 9:12 pm

Aren’t you risking it planting lettuce next to slug/snail magnet hostas?

23. Patricia Bunk on July 24, 2021 at 9:13 pm

What will you use to support the Asparagus?

24. Tristin Christenson on July 24, 2021 at 9:13 pm

I have to say, it’s nice seeing your garden with many things going to seed. Intentional or not, I feel like I don’t see that much. Bravo.

25. Ronnie Brace on July 24, 2021 at 9:14 pm

What a gorgeous garden! So glad I found your channel!

26. Ellen Conforti on July 24, 2021 at 9:20 pm

Wow. What a beautiful garden. I saw you have fennel. I tried.growing fennel this year for the first time. It grew beautifully but they were flat they just didn’t bulb up and I don’t know why. They were nice large plants. I started them indoors and then planted outside. They were Florence Fennel. They were in the ground for over 3.months. did I get too patient and pull them out too early? Or can you think of anything else I can try. Any help would be much appreciated.

27. jlbutters2 on July 24, 2021 at 9:24 pm

Beautiful garden. How many people help maintain the garden?

28. Ekaterina Zinovyeva on July 24, 2021 at 9:24 pm

you know how to make Borsch! Wow i like you even more now 😉

29. Ricardo Silvestre David on July 24, 2021 at 9:25 pm

Very Interesting you have the same issue with the yellow courgette variety. I have in the same bed a yellow and a white variety and the yellow it’s becoming yellow as the leafs grow. I though was bad nutrition or too much water (Lot of rain this year in Somerset). But the white courgette is very big, green and healthy, both courgettes are producing fruit so I’m happy anyway. No signs of pest or deseases. Would be great if you found out what’s the issue with yellow courgettes as I didn’t find anything in internet. Thanks for your videos!!!

30. Susan Bloor on July 24, 2021 at 9:26 pm

It’s been a strange summer for courgettes. My friend has a tiny garden and usually finds one plant serves her needs; however she has only had male flowers. No fruits. My garden has a little more space but I still have two plants with only male flowers and a very poor harvest from my other plants. No more than two courgettes from each other plant. I’d like to know your experience.

31. Julia's Gardening Diary on July 24, 2021 at 9:27 pm

Hi Huw, I hope you are well and keeping safe. This was a great catch up on how your intuitive gardening is going, I think we have all been trying to just make as much use of our spaces as we can. Thankyou for all the ideas, tips, and tricks you share with us, they really do help. 🙂

32. suburban homestead on July 24, 2021 at 9:28 pm

your garden has never looked better. but i’m biased

33. Apollo SOL on July 24, 2021 at 9:29 pm

In other words: “behold my beautiful garden of chaos.”
    Beautiful job my man. You, downing, and Mark were my inspiration.

34. JM E on July 24, 2021 at 9:31 pm

"Lovely smell of coriander" flower? Each to their own i suppose. I find the smell a bit strong

35. Lynn Rushton on July 24, 2021 at 9:34 pm

You must have the prettiest veg garden ever! It’s lovely 😍 I’m up in Aberdeenshire, so we are a bit behind everyone else. It’s my first year of growing ‘properly’ so thanks for the inspiration Huw …..loving the no rules 👍

36. alina nowaczyk on July 24, 2021 at 9:36 pm

How do you cope with caterpillars on your not covered brassica?

37. Bob Terryson on July 24, 2021 at 9:36 pm

Fantastic stuff! Sounds like you need a good hedge to reduce the effect of wind! I put two kohl rabi in the greenhouse where they grow a lot quicker, harvested end of June with a 6" diameter, and then moved capsicum into the void left in the greenhouse.

38. alina nowaczyk on July 24, 2021 at 9:38 pm

I love your approach to gardening, I’m doing pretty similar on smaller scale.
    There are two super beneficial plants that IMHO are missing: French marigolds and comfrey. I’d really recommend growing them, even instead of that lovely cosmos 😉 and I hope you know why!

39. julz s on July 24, 2021 at 9:39 pm

Hard to get onion sets in nz..

40. Karla Taylor on July 24, 2021 at 9:39 pm

Those onions are impressive!

41. Beautiful Heating on July 24, 2021 at 9:40 pm

Huw buddy How do you keep you peas upright. I tried two bamboo trellises but the plants just fall over. Cheers Sean Swansea

42. Inglish Home and Garden inglishhomeandgarden on July 24, 2021 at 9:43 pm

Absolutely beautiful!
    About the wind – have you considered using a Chestnut fence along the windy side?
    I think it would suit your aesthetics.
    // Ingela

43. paul thompson on July 24, 2021 at 9:43 pm

Another great video Huw, thanks. What make are your boots, I could do with some just like them?

44. Liza de la Cruz on July 24, 2021 at 9:46 pm

The garlic are enormous. And the garden looks really healthy and well taken care of. 💐

45. Susan Bloor on July 24, 2021 at 9:47 pm

Thank you for showing things that have gone to seed. My experience this year too. I started to think of it as a failure, but we’ve had more than enough food so in reality it’s just a learning curve.

46. The Weedy Garden on July 24, 2021 at 9:48 pm

Your garden is HUGE Huw. Thanks for sharing. Great place to learn about the greens. There is enough food for an entire Australian town (a small one like the one where I live) 🙂 Keep it up.

47. Emma Dobson on July 24, 2021 at 9:48 pm

Perhops.. perhops.. perhops 😂

48. Hilary Funk on July 24, 2021 at 9:50 pm

This looks to be your best garden ever. Well done.

49. Victoria Lou on July 24, 2021 at 9:50 pm

I can see the owner is very confident and proud of his Vege Garden ,always use "massive success " " a success story "

50. Mama Rana on July 24, 2021 at 9:51 pm

This garden is amazing!!!!!