NO GIMMICKS! Garden Tool Comparison Simple ORGANIC WEED CONTROL BUILDS SOIL!

NO GIMMICKS! Garden Tool Comparison Simple ORGANIC WEED CONTROL BUILDS SOIL!

NO GIMMICKS! Garden Tool Comparison Simple ORGANIC WEED CONTROL THAT WORKS! LOOP HOE LINK: https://amzn.to/2JqIT7i Support this Farm as a Channel Member:
Support the farm! Pick up a nice Hat or Shirt in our online farm store: https://stoneyridgefarmer.com/

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING WE USED A VLOG???? https://www.amazon.com/shop/stoneyridgefarmer?ref=ac_inf_hm_vp

1. T Marcus on July 31, 2021 at 9:12 pm

What would you recommend for larger outfits? My grandfather grows about 20-25 acres for his produce stand. Most of it is peas, watermelon, and corn, but about 5 acres is used for cucumbers, squash, okra, and tomatoes. Would you have any pointers?

2. Lunara Sylvarus on July 31, 2021 at 9:13 pm

so that’s what the loop hoe is for. I was using it a while ago to cut into dirt more precisely and get it levels out for laying walking brick. very helpful for that too. It’s precise so you don’t cut to deep to fast but big enough to cover a larger area. Like he said, shaving down the earth.

3. Stevan Petrović on July 31, 2021 at 9:14 pm

Cover your wood chips.

4. Annie Gaddis on July 31, 2021 at 9:14 pm

Sharing today on MeWe.

5. A Oai on July 31, 2021 at 9:15 pm

Love ur energy! Great content thank u so much 👌

6. Rifakat Husain on July 31, 2021 at 9:22 pm

बहुत बढिया

7. Ben Davis on July 31, 2021 at 9:23 pm

I see you have a new UTV in the background with a four seater. I haven’t seen a video on that yet? Did you get a great deal on a Kubota because of your advertisement you did for them?

8. Dillon James on July 31, 2021 at 9:24 pm

A little tip from one gardener to another, sharpen your tools!! Like a razor blade…

9. VeganChiefWarrior on July 31, 2021 at 9:24 pm

yea fuck yea you heard of those wire weeders tho? nex tiiiiiiiiing

10. Carmelo Santini on July 31, 2021 at 9:26 pm

Thanks for the tool demo! i did the biointensive method with wood chips in between, went to kenya for 3 months, came back in late spring and I have weeds all growing up through my wood chips! How do you weed when you put down wood chips and weeds still grow up through it??? Even in areas that its 6-8 inches deep? I live in Texas, we have 5 really bad perennial weeds I’m told by my mentor

11. Brian Weisman on July 31, 2021 at 9:26 pm

We call the bent pitch fork a potato fork

12. Rees valley Ranch on July 31, 2021 at 9:27 pm

We do 5 acres of gardens and after the plants are in the ground we just use a hiller and put plastic down or use preen

13. urban-life food on July 31, 2021 at 9:27 pm

Very informative. I do not usualy subscribe but this is worth it. Keep up the good job.

14. Epic Videos - FlixFlux on July 31, 2021 at 9:27 pm

Check my trippy videos 🙂

15. Ryan B on July 31, 2021 at 9:29 pm

Just bought a loop hoe it’s the best thing ever invented for weeds

16. Brian B on July 31, 2021 at 9:29 pm

I’m 47 and have lived on a large farm in Indiana my entire life. We have had a large garden ever since I was a child but I have never seen a loop hoe. I ran out to Ace Hardware and bought one yesterday and it is freaking amazing. Super easy to use. I weeded my garden in 10 minutes last night and it typically takes 45 – 60 minutes. I cannot believe I had never heard or seen this awesome tool before. Thanks for the education and information. Keep of the good work.

17. King Croc on July 31, 2021 at 9:30 pm

you know yo ucan trust this guy
    just look at taht gimmick 5$ straw hat
    thats a man you can trust

(lmao im so bad :P)

18. LoveoftheDark Fiber Arts on July 31, 2021 at 9:31 pm

This was really helpful! I was considering buying one of those hand cultivators, but I think I’ll go for the loop Hoe instead! Thanks!

19. Wakeywhodat on July 31, 2021 at 9:31 pm

Thank you for this video. I’d never seen a hoop hoe until this video. I bought one this morning and used it to prep for seeding a new lawn. It will take much more sweat but it beats laying out the cash for a machine rental. Again, thank you!

20. Rhonda Creech on July 31, 2021 at 9:31 pm

Awesome!

21. craig Mitchell on July 31, 2021 at 9:35 pm

that hoop tool is also known as a stirrup hoe , you could try a old planet jr with beet blades or hoss tools makes a new version if u cant find a old one i find the beet blades awesome for long beds super fast same principle as a stirrup hoe

22. Jesse Davis on July 31, 2021 at 9:36 pm

Most landfills also have piles of free mulch.

23. Robin Marie on July 31, 2021 at 9:38 pm

That bent pitch fork thingie is a potato rake.

24. Charles Coker on July 31, 2021 at 9:39 pm

You need to get you a Wire Weeder. You will retire the loop hoe. You use it like a broom . You stand straight up. You can put it down next to the row . And Just start walking. . Here is a search Showing companies who sell them. And a short video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ay-AGX-kFI&t=16s&ab_channel=TheMarketGardenerhttps://www.100searchengines.com/?q=Wire+weeder.+&ref=11182020183554&p=

25. Lucas Terry on July 31, 2021 at 9:41 pm

ill have to do this they are suppose to be here tomorrow trimming trees back

26. Pluto Tube on July 31, 2021 at 9:42 pm

I have a large (to me) yard with lots and lots of weeds, many of which are well established. Would these types of gardening tools work in my situation?

27. Brittany Garrison on July 31, 2021 at 9:44 pm

Here in South Philly my garden is about as long as those tools. How can I do this as efficiently without disturbing our flowers we brought over from back home in Ireland? I’m so afraid to loose what I do have but there’s these annoying little bastards that constantly grow round me primrose makes me go mental.

28. Raymond Yocum on July 31, 2021 at 9:44 pm

I don’t need to let weeds grow on purpose Lol

29. Justin Klein on July 31, 2021 at 9:47 pm

I went out and bought a loop hoe yesterday based on what you showed here. I can’t believe how easy it cut weeds in my garden and crabgrass around other beds! We love your videos at our budding farm.

30. Sir Mize on July 31, 2021 at 9:47 pm

I’ve heard lumber Mill’s are another good place to get mulch.

31. Mark Carter on July 31, 2021 at 9:47 pm

The garden weasel is a POS unless you have sandy or freshly tilled soil.

32. Lynette Sprague on July 31, 2021 at 9:48 pm

Dude. You saved my back! I have never been so excited to weed at work! I asked my boss for a loop hoe and it worked like a charm! I didnt even mind working in 90*+ heat. I loved the hoe so much that I went and bought one for home. Thank you again!
    And I cant wait to weed again tomorrow

33. ShadowsandCityLights on July 31, 2021 at 9:49 pm

Do your have to rake the loose weeds from the soil or leave them there? I would figure they’d just re-root?

34. critical-thought on July 31, 2021 at 9:50 pm

Hi Josh! Your approach to enriching the soil is really smart, and moving toward no-till is brilliant! If you haven’t found Charles Dowding’s channel yet, IMHO he has the experience and knowledge to really make no-till work.

35. crazy4cocoapuff on July 31, 2021 at 9:50 pm

Hi there….so I have a big huge section I spent 3 or 4 hours on weeding with the Hula Hoe.

But now I had ended up raking up all the weeds and big clumps of grass into big piles because the weeds kept trying to resprout. Can I make a compost pile with these pikes by adding sticks and cute grass from the lawn mower or will I be wasting my time and end up with nothing but weed cultivation? Thx! Also are there things we can use large amounts of grass clippings for? I never know what to do with it.

36. Mark Egan on July 31, 2021 at 9:53 pm

Excellent, thank!

37. turd ferguson on July 31, 2021 at 9:53 pm

Josh you wasn’t kidding about the loop hoe. I’m 57 and I had never seen one before. They are hard to find in the Chattanooga area, I went to 6 stores including 2 Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, before finding one at Ace Hardware. It was covered in dust. People aren’t aware of what they are capable of doing. I came home to try it out and it was as good as you said. Thanks

38. April Whitlock on July 31, 2021 at 9:56 pm

What do you do with the nutsedge? All I’ve heard is that a chemical spray will kill it.

39. Smokey Mtn Guitar Nerd on July 31, 2021 at 9:56 pm

Soooo helpful! this is our first year with a big garden (about 1500 sq feet) so this was SUPER helpful! Cheers

40. Tractor Beast on July 31, 2021 at 9:58 pm

i’m 11 years old and trying to start a garden, so this video is super helpful

41. Firuzeh on July 31, 2021 at 9:59 pm

👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼💥💥💥🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

42. Just Me on July 31, 2021 at 9:59 pm

I was today years old when I first heard of a loop hoe. I just ordered mine. Thank you! ♥

43. Mark Prescott on July 31, 2021 at 9:59 pm

What you are referring to as a loop hoe is a stirrup hoe. The stirrup hoe comes in 3 sizes, 3 and 1/4 inch, 5 inch, and 7 inch. There are other hoes available for those that don’t use wood chip mulch. Hoss Tools sells a really good wheel hoe which is great for the aisles or pathways, and Conner Crickmore has wire weeders that he uses to cultivate the soil in the bed as he walks beside in the aisles.
    Love you channel and I like the way you educate people on fundamental in a bright and positive way.

44. 4Blessings Farm on July 31, 2021 at 10:01 pm

I love our loop hoe! I dont know what I would do without it lol. I have the cultivator too that was my grandparents that I remember them getting when I was 5 or 6 yrs old

45. G Philip C on July 31, 2021 at 10:07 pm

The ‘Tater rake is best. Some dem tools are lady’s light garden tools. Get your shovels, rakes and hoes as HD as possible. At least within your range of affordability.

46. Raymond Yocum on July 31, 2021 at 10:08 pm

I appreciate the soft background music so we can hear you.

47. Jef Lundstro on July 31, 2021 at 10:09 pm

Lots of good info. Thanks!

48. Tom Truesdale on July 31, 2021 at 10:09 pm

Great video, here in the Texas prison system the "hoe " is called an Aggie cause your "hoe" in back on the block. ‘-) Composted mulch works wonders on growing a garden. Is that mulch from pine trees or mixed trees as I think if you had any oaks in it the tannin might cause issues.

49. Xavier Holland on July 31, 2021 at 10:11 pm

I like that little dance maneuver at 9:43 Josh. 😀

50. Dyana Mullican on July 31, 2021 at 10:12 pm

Thank you. I bought potting soil and did my garden.