Building No-Till Soil for Flower Production | Wylde Flowers

Building No-Till Soil for Flower Production | Wylde Flowers

Hannah Ross, a florist and gardener in Raleigh, NC talks about how she transformed her soil over the past five years using no-till methods and additions of leaf mulch and compost.

Wylde Flowers
Website – https://wylde.co/
Instagram @wyldeflowers – https://www.instagram.com/wyldeflowers/

Hannah’s Instagram @hrossclarke – https://www.instagram.com/hrossclarke/

No-Till Growers
Website – https://www.notillgrowers.com/
Patreon – https://www.patreon.com/FarmerJesse
Instagram @notillgrowers – https://www.instagram.com/notillgrowers/

1. Sislertx on August 7, 2021 at 9:19 pm

Im over run with snails…i gather 2 gallon size jugs A DAY..UNTILL NO.RAIN TIME AUGUST

.EVEN IN. 112 DEGREE HEAT I FIND SOME..ACTIVELY EATING THINGS..IF I JUST CUT AND LEAVE I REALLY WILL HAVE A BIGGER PROBLEM…AS I TRIED DOING IT.

I GOT A LOT OF BEETLES AND BAD BUGS..

2. Britton Godman on August 7, 2021 at 9:23 pm

Good video, great looking garden and soil. I hardly rake leaves anymore. Using a leaf blower and a lawn mower with a grass catcher on it saves a ton of work and the leaves are chopped much finer when you lay them down for mulch. I found it interesting that she said there wasn’t a lot of information out on no – till gardening. There is a ton of it and much of it is on you tube. If she searched for the right channels here, she would have found all the help she could have used. Looks great though, and she seems to have figured it all out and is making it pay off………

3. Michael Ripperger on August 7, 2021 at 9:24 pm

Help her make her own YouTube channel

4. oiavh on August 7, 2021 at 9:27 pm

She should have her own channel πŸ™‚

5. Dino Miles on August 7, 2021 at 9:45 pm

You are a gift to ALL humanity…. Eyes mind heart and soul wide open no fear….. Love your SPRIT .

6. Shan Henna Makeup Nails & Mehndi on August 7, 2021 at 9:49 pm

Wow you’re garden is so beautiful

7. Jake Beesos on August 7, 2021 at 9:52 pm

Good video and good explanation.
    I am also new to this channel. If you like bees – Please stop by my videos 😊

8. Horse237 on August 7, 2021 at 9:53 pm

I don’t like tarps. I do like rock dust from volcanic sources because they are paramagnetic meaning they receive energy and according to Arden Andersen MD who has a PhD in biophysics shorten the time it takes for the plants to mature. It is cheap in bulk but not at retail prices. It would be nice for someone who could buy 20 tons at a time to sell it for $5 per $100 to local gardeners.
    I would add rock dust, worms and some soil biology to that pile of leaves she gets from the city. Korean Natural Farming teaches us how to make starter soil biology for our compost piles.
    Also add eggshells to compost. If you wash and sterilize eggshells, the worms turn the chitin into the enzyme chitinase which eats the exoskeletons of aphids. Worms turn coffee grounds into amino acids which are far superior to Nitrogen amendments. Worms also turn the minerals into amino acid chelated forms which plants love. Worms reduce the amount of work your plants have to do so they can spend all that extra energy developing protection against pests and diseases. See this for details.
    Plant Health Pyramid

9. bobbi jo on August 7, 2021 at 9:54 pm

Zinnias are my favorite!!! I love this kind of gardening, & I’ve always used alot if leaves too…i pick up the bagged leaves along the road sides😁& our earthworm friends sure make beautiful soil….πŸ‘πŸΌYou definitely know what u r doing! Happy gardening 🌿🌱🌱

10. Krystal Gayle on August 7, 2021 at 9:55 pm

She is telling the truth about leaves. I don’t understand why people throw away leaves because I use leaf mulch in my lettuce broccoli bed and it really enriches the soil. I’m use leaves and woodchips on my flower bed with azaleas and they really took off this year

11. foggybottomz on August 7, 2021 at 9:55 pm

This was so informative! She was so natural on camera too.

12. Real David Art on August 7, 2021 at 9:57 pm

That was FANTASTIC!!! Thank you for validating several ideas I need to but firmly into practice πŸ™πŸΎ

13. Bonnie Bon on August 7, 2021 at 9:58 pm

Thank you for interviewing her. This was exceptionally helpful.

14. Drew Black on August 7, 2021 at 9:59 pm

I want her gardening dress πŸ‘— The pouch for tools would be so handy! Leaves. Leaves and more leaves. Her garden is gorgeous !

15. La Horteta de Bussy on August 7, 2021 at 10:00 pm

Thanks men πŸ‘πŸ˜€

16. The Farmacy Seeds Network on August 7, 2021 at 10:03 pm

Great stuff! Yeah the worms really come in with good leaf mulches. One of my favorite mulches. I am working more and more toward cover cropping and enjoying some great results already!

17. Browntown Organics on August 7, 2021 at 10:07 pm

I’m a leaf whore in the fall. I’m stopping and picking up bags of leaves everywhere!

18. William Roach on August 7, 2021 at 10:08 pm

do you spray a compost tea? Do you know any thing about IMO https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_natural_farming it is cheep and so healthy. i use it to grow cannabis

19. AJ K on August 7, 2021 at 10:09 pm

Great job

20. James Alan Stephen Smith on August 7, 2021 at 10:15 pm

Great stuff!

21. Bill Moody on August 7, 2021 at 10:16 pm

I’m subscribing as soon as she gets a channel. "How to grow Flowers like a Florist while Growing Vegies for Yourself with Hannah Ross" – Make it happen!!!