Florida's Great for your own Oasis! Flowers and Gardens! | FlSuburbanDad

Florida's Great for your own Oasis! Flowers and Gardens! | FlSuburbanDad

Walking through my backyard, showing you the variety of plants and flowers that enjoy the Florida climate. There are a good number of blooms, but a lot isn’t flowering yet. Orchids, succulents, plumeria, hibiscus and more!

Rock your life! And everything else!
FSD

**This description does contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 🙂

Tray Amazon Prime FREE for 30 Days!

MY EDC NECESSITIES:

Sog Zoom Folding Pocket Knife:

Luminox Scott Cassell Specials Watch:

Costa del Mar Caballito Sunglasses:

Olukai Mens Flip Flops:

MAN CAVE FAVS:

Intex 6 person Spa:

Traeger Pellet Grill:

Find me on Instagram here.. http://instagram.com/flsuburbandad

1. Youth Led Hayes on August 8, 2021 at 9:22 pm

I could never house Sit you guys plants 🌱 they would all die. Someone gave me a very small cactus type plan, I killed it🥺 how do you kill a cactus, I was either over watering or under…if not both. I love flowers and plants but I tell people not to give them as a gift, if they want them to a life😂 I can barely remember to clean the fish tank once a month idk how my daughters glow fish have survived for 4years 🤨

2. Steven Nagin on August 8, 2021 at 9:23 pm

You have an Beautiful back yard

3. WroughtIronMGTOW on August 8, 2021 at 9:23 pm

you look like you couldve been a pro wrestler from the 90s.for some reason I’m expecting you to do a shoot interview lol 😂.peace….

4. ann ciesla on August 8, 2021 at 9:23 pm

5. FranksFlyTraps on August 8, 2021 at 9:23 pm

looks great man, that bog will be badass when its done.

6. Seth Prochazka on August 8, 2021 at 9:24 pm

J, can you do a watch collection vid?

7. Michael R on August 8, 2021 at 9:25 pm

I didn’t realize that your plants/ flowers went outside of the pool area! That’s really nice! Love it and thanks for showing Jay!

8. Debbie Porter on August 8, 2021 at 9:28 pm

Thanks for the great video. You have such a beautiful garden. I especially love the orchids. I hope you and your family are well. Stay happy and take care. Have a great week ahead! 🙂

9. Joey Auguste on August 8, 2021 at 9:28 pm

Everybody has the same exact plants here in Florida lol

10. Anton Erasmus on August 8, 2021 at 9:29 pm

Love the videos

11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan on August 8, 2021 at 9:31 pm

I’m in Sarasota, We need to make weed fully legal so I can get my grow on, we need to voteOut the old timers

12. Robin Collier on August 8, 2021 at 9:33 pm

Awesome Jay

13. Crystal Ball Fantasy on August 8, 2021 at 9:34 pm

1 year mark since I moved to Florida, just wanted to comeback and say thanks! Your videos were so helpful with the process. They are a great reference and guiding light. I absolutely love it here! Best choice I ever made!!! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!

14. Eric Hammons on August 8, 2021 at 9:36 pm

Looks Awesome! My backyard plants, covered patio, pool, hot tub, smoker, etc. are my favorite things! Nothing like enjoying the backyard! When done right (like yours), nothing’s better. Pool season is just now getting underway here in southern Kentucky and we are enjoying it! Thanks for sharing! Makes me want to do a video like yours! Love your videos!

15. Way Up North Guy on August 8, 2021 at 9:37 pm

That’s beautiful it really is. Looks peaceful. Thanks for showing this. Have a great evening!

16. Christine Stange on August 8, 2021 at 9:38 pm

Love tropical plants! Lovely! Surprised hostas grow so nicely down there … very nice!
    Stay safe, stay well … from Upstate NY 😷✌️

17. Dale Smith on August 8, 2021 at 9:41 pm

Hi jay . loving the garden inside and outside .blimey you have some fantastic plants and some great Ideas .it’s good to be outside to just chill and watch the insect world .I used to have have three bee hives in the back yard that I used to sit and just watch the bees coming and going and enjoy a mug of tea . Love bug season over in Florida is horrendous last time we were over there we were going from Vero to Tampa and hit a love bug cloud covered the front of the car 😱 .stay safe jay

18. Hanzifcation on August 8, 2021 at 9:42 pm

Nice man! A little piece of heaven

19. Brizeida Gonzalez on August 8, 2021 at 9:42 pm

Such a beautiful day, flowers 💐 and view… 🌷😘❤️

20. yousuf aijaz on August 8, 2021 at 9:44 pm

its amazing

21. Eric on August 8, 2021 at 9:46 pm

Beautiful back yard

22. Joe Nagy on August 8, 2021 at 9:46 pm

Ya ….. The Florida Life…. It is the best way of life , at least it was for me ….. As I sit here in Western PA. … May 9th …. It was 25 degrees last night…. couple inches of snow …. Made it up to almost 40 today…. Ya…. Get yourself couple of Dwarf Orange trees back in there …. Really miss my hibiscus & sable palms …… And the pool of course…..

23. Seymore Butts on August 8, 2021 at 9:48 pm

You have a beautiful medley of tropical goodness in that backyard. Always great to see you

24. Angela Miller on August 8, 2021 at 9:48 pm

PINEAPPLES? Seriously? Maybe now I can convince the hubby to make a move!

25. K Jones on August 8, 2021 at 9:55 pm

Beautiful patio! “Man Cave” best place to be right now! Thanks for the video😊

26. Enam A on August 8, 2021 at 9:57 pm

Hey Suburban Dad! How are you man been watching your videos for a while now, been to Orlando twice? Both times ended up going to magic kingdom, me and my wife were on the fence about movin in the future, but now the energy level has gone down a bit, u kno the weather and sink hole mess, how bad are these sink holes and wat do think about investing in a vacation property there?

27. Frank Monteforte on August 8, 2021 at 9:58 pm

Always good to hear from ya buddy.Plus, good topic today

28. Dan Schwartz on August 8, 2021 at 9:59 pm

I had wondered about the flowers we plant in NY that only last one season (annuals) would they continue to grow beyond a year?

29. J 33 on August 8, 2021 at 10:03 pm

Have you considered planting bougainvillea? They are so colorful and amazing looking!

30. Jennifer C on August 8, 2021 at 10:05 pm

I love the plants in your back yard. Thank you for showing us.

31. Tech NY on August 8, 2021 at 10:07 pm

Love the Video Jay! My tomatoes are coming in, Zucchini Flowers, Arugula, and basil. Here in Jersey like a January cold day lol thanks for bringing some warm weather in spirit lol. Been looking at a second home down there. Looking around the Trinity area. BTW now I’m going to make a Fresh Tomato, Fresh Mozzarella and Imported Olive Oil and maybe a Cold Antipasto later you have me in the mood lol. Enjoy your weekend buddy. Maybe can link up when I fly down there would love to meet you buddy. Enjoy the weekend for your family. 💪🤝🍻

32. Crystal B. on August 8, 2021 at 10:09 pm

I can’t wait to make the move down there- this is awesome! Thanks for the garden tour! motivation to practice my green thumb🌴👍🏼

33. Peace and Joy Be With You on August 8, 2021 at 10:14 pm

Question I wanted to move to Florida, but I saw that there’s a lot of tornadoes touch down in Florida. I found the map; trying to find out, the flood and sink holes. I seen many videos on YouTube of different locations, have you witness a tornado? Here’s the link of the map:

34. M Smith on August 8, 2021 at 10:14 pm

Does it take a lot of work to care for a pool? If I moved to florida, I would love to have a pool.

35. J 33 on August 8, 2021 at 10:14 pm

When I went on vacation in Florida this past February I really loved the plant life down there and there was a lot of stuff that wasn’t even in bloom yet but just seeing the palm trees and some of the flowers I just fell in love with it. Now I want to do a tropical themed situation on my deck. I’m from Michigan btw. I love flowers and plants. you really can create your own Paradise. Thanks for showing us your yard!

36. Harry P on August 8, 2021 at 10:14 pm

Very nicely done, love all of the flowers.

37. Brian on August 8, 2021 at 10:16 pm

Looking good man. I will have a magnolia tree or two after I close on my house if you’re interested. They’re around 5 to 6ft. I’m not going to keep all of them.