Don't do a Deck!

Don't do a Deck!

Yes, we can help you with your BACKYARD DESIGN wherever you live! Please contact me here and I will send you over our Pricing for Outdoor Living Design https://paradiserestored.com/contact-us/​ and it if sounds good for you we can schedule a virtual meeting. Thank you.

Don’t do a Deck

How’s that for a landscape video title? What exterior design/build company CEO tells people why you should not do a deck? That would be me, the Outdoor Living Guy. Paradise Restored is a family. Our entire team promotes the satisfaction of our homeowners and that is why I would not recommend getting a deck; when you become a part of our family, we are going to be up front you. I think you‘ll be blown away by what we did in this job and why you should do a patio instead of a deck. We’ll show you the transformation of a tired backyard deck, where we didn’t recommend building a new deck. I encouraged them to, “change your deck to patio pavers.”

You’ll be shocked at the finish line and how beautiful it turned out. Enjoy the transformation.

The question, “Should we keep the deck comes up all the time.” The answer, “Emphatically, no!” I want to show you why in this video. Rule #1, when a deck is close to the house, let’s say a single level house and it steps four steps down to a hard surface, don’t put a deck in that situation. There are other solutions like pavers vs deck – we’ll discuss in this video. And stay tuned to the very end ’cause I’m going to give you some bonus material. Other jobs of why you should not get a deck patio design. I hope you enjoy these decks to paver patio ideas and hope it will save you some money.

So, a quick little reminder on these outdoor living spaces . . . don’t jump ahead and do it because you think you know . . . talk to experts in outdoor design. Decks are outdated and a no-deck outdoor living design is a better look while allowing better flow to your property. Especially, don’t do a deck on a single level home.

I want to promote a design first to help you get it all figured out in a 3D World so you can realize the finish line before your start. We would love to help you see your whole space – the house, door, windows, and your completed outdoor living space in a design plan. There are plenty of no-deck backyard ideas in our portfolio

Like a Complimentary Consultation? You got it!

That’s a Wrap!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paradiserestoredPDX/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/paradiserestored/

PR Website: https://paradiserestored.com/

Blog: https://paradiserestored.com/landscaping-blog/

1. jen monami on August 9, 2021 at 9:31 pm

Never been a big fan of deck…Concrete then tile…Beautiful…

2. Kenneth Robinson on August 9, 2021 at 9:32 pm

do you all work in Ga near savannah

3. Laurice on August 9, 2021 at 9:33 pm

For now, I just have the blank canvas of a healthy, grassy backyard. But I’m looking forward to someday creating a beautiful modest outdoor living space. I’ve always felt that patios constructed out of concrete or pavers were relatively lower maintenance than decks. Patios are durable and their beauty is longer lasting than wood or wood composite decks. In the long run, concrete or paver patios are more cost effective. Maintaining a deck outside is like maintaining wall to wall carpet inside the house, even in the kitchen and bathroom. Something that to me is a waste of time, energy and money. Thanks for sharing this lovely couple’s beautiful backyard project. It’s an inspiration!🤗

4. Flusenmonster on August 9, 2021 at 9:35 pm

Truly amazing what you`ve done with the place! Absolutely fantastic!!

5. Jorge Riquelmy on August 9, 2021 at 9:36 pm

Too bad you don’t service Florida! Would love to work on a design with you.

6. Sean A. Miller on August 9, 2021 at 9:36 pm

Not easy if surrounded by maple trees…

7. Zenaida Flecha on August 9, 2021 at 9:36 pm

Beautiful ♥️! LOVE PAVERS ❤

8. DLCSquare on August 9, 2021 at 9:38 pm

Hello, can anyone give an estimate for THIS project?

9. Samuel Treas on August 9, 2021 at 9:39 pm

What 3D program do you use ? Sketch up ?

10. Janice Mattox on August 9, 2021 at 9:39 pm

The reason I am watching this video is I do not want a deck replacing the existing. I don’t want a stage to entertain my neighbors from every time I start the barbecue or want to sit with family. Invariably we take all the entertaining into the yard. I just want to replace the deck with some simple but, beautiful steps to a patio space that provides this. I agree completely!!

11. Sherrita Smith on August 9, 2021 at 9:40 pm

Love this would love to do this to my parents house in the country

12. Jerold Serrell on August 9, 2021 at 9:40 pm

Awesome display

13. T D on August 9, 2021 at 9:42 pm

It turned out gorgeous…but..the covered space was not just out the door for convenience…if they wanted to eat outside….looks aren’t everything..especially for an older couple.

14. aamer ali on August 9, 2021 at 9:43 pm

Exceptional work! We all would love to have this amazing backyard space. Having said that most people opt for decks due to budgetary constraints, this kind of work seems like would require a second mortgage? I know every project is different, is it possible for you to let us know the approximate dollar amount a project like this would cost?

15. Joseph on August 9, 2021 at 9:43 pm

Flash but terrible—where is the grass?
    Probably cost 100k

16. Janet Graham on August 9, 2021 at 9:44 pm

This is exactly what I want that is why i kept putting off building a deck. Any designers in PA.

17. lisa plummer on August 9, 2021 at 9:46 pm

Love your work!

18. Tionni's Lane on August 9, 2021 at 9:52 pm

Hello! Excellent Job! I have reached out and hope to hear from you soon.

19. Marrero Michael on August 9, 2021 at 9:53 pm

Elon musk’s twin 😂👍

20. Sandy Strait on August 9, 2021 at 9:57 pm

How much did this deck replacement cost? That is all super cool but I’m guessing it was over 50K.

21. Cynthia Strozier on August 9, 2021 at 9:58 pm

I love what you’ve done to the backyard!!! The landscaping very clean and functional!

22. dtexan on August 9, 2021 at 9:58 pm

I can tell you this was EXPENSIVE, beautiful but expensive. I have a front and back covered deck and LOVE, love, love it.

23. Jenny Stanton on August 9, 2021 at 9:59 pm

This is beautiful 😍, I need help, but it looks EXPENSIVE??? I do have a big backyard.

24. Jim on August 9, 2021 at 9:59 pm

Come on man. This is a joke. If money is not a issue then no shit, build the badass covered patio. Get real my man!

25. Joel De los Ángeles on August 9, 2021 at 9:59 pm

What is the app that they used to make this in a computer?🤔🤔🤔

26. Maggie Ward on August 9, 2021 at 10:00 pm

It’s almost overkill. And of course ridiculous amount of money would never recoup n home sale. Next owner may even say it’s a negative like a pool. I don’t care at all for the steel look too cold. Ppl choose decks for good reasons. Hundreds better designs less cost warmer more versatile esp for older adults.

27. tommy14215 on August 9, 2021 at 10:00 pm

Anything look good if you throw a crap ton of money at it The real question I would like to know is how much did it cost for them to do this. My guess that it’s out of reach for most peoples budgets This at least looks like 40 K

28. Big Sis Candice on August 9, 2021 at 10:01 pm

Absolutely breathtaking

29. Leonor Martinez on August 9, 2021 at 10:01 pm

Fantastic!!

30. Grace Richards on August 9, 2021 at 10:02 pm

Agree with you. Build away from the house to vacation like patio spaces.

31. Paul McKenzie on August 9, 2021 at 10:02 pm

Late to the party, and I can’t fault the result of experience, consultation and professional pride. Top job. But in terms of upfront cost, hardscape versus timber is a minimum of 2:1 and more likely 3:1 in terms of cost. The entire point of decking is to minimise earthworks and still create levels that provide usable space. Some of the best loved vernacular architecture relies on decking. Stone and wood have their place. A deck built by someone with experience, and builds it for a client that wants an enduring structure, will create something that will last as long as slumping wall or uneven paving. Everything has its place. Cheers!

32. Kien on August 9, 2021 at 10:02 pm

… so, $50k later? I’ll call you one day when I retire.

33. FiggsM on August 9, 2021 at 10:03 pm

That’s a personal choice. Everyone has their own style. I have a patio but I prefer decks.

34. Turbine 11 on August 9, 2021 at 10:03 pm

Beautiful work

35. Benny Bruni on August 9, 2021 at 10:06 pm

How long did this project take to complete after the design was approved?

36. Griot Minott!! on August 9, 2021 at 10:09 pm

Lol……..that’s not their yard!! They only showed them closeup…..they don’t live there

37. tylor muse on August 9, 2021 at 10:09 pm

This had to cost at least 60k 😅

38. Barrysentials Wineblog on August 9, 2021 at 10:11 pm

They definitely did a great job, but I’m confused by the choice for so much hardscaping in a backyard. Our deck is useless and a big waste of space, and needs to come out, but there is no way I would let someone add that much hardscape to a property. Maybe it just depends on where you live, but that would create a heat-island that will be no fun when temperatures rise. Very confusing for me.

39. michael bowling on August 9, 2021 at 10:12 pm

Cost?

40. John R on August 9, 2021 at 10:12 pm

How much? "Never seen a problem money couldn’t solve."

41. YUMMAEH1 on August 9, 2021 at 10:13 pm

This looks really nice but about states that have the four seasons. Does everything hold up for a long time?

42. Peacock Watcher on August 9, 2021 at 10:13 pm

This is all very nice but when you compare price to a few pallets of wood and some elbow grease…. But yes, When the money is flowing, this will be a better way to go

43. G Ch on August 9, 2021 at 10:14 pm

Where are you guys ??
    How can I contact you??

44. Timothy Simpson on August 9, 2021 at 10:15 pm

No matter what…I’ll never do a wood deck. They warp, rot, nails stick up, animals/vermin love to live under there, need to be stained etc. Go stone/concrete/steel, strong, durable, easy to maintain, looks a lot better.

45. TimeTravel Travez on August 9, 2021 at 10:15 pm

Amazing

46. Katherine Braxton on August 9, 2021 at 10:17 pm

I like both the hard surface patios and the elevations of a deck. The flat patio is more beneficial to me as I am getting older.

47. CaptainBlackass on August 9, 2021 at 10:18 pm

man. i just rebuilt my deck by hand a few months ago. that looks beautiful, but my concern is how much do you have to go through when it’s raining? is there storage for everything, or is it all just out there?

48. Eva B on August 9, 2021 at 10:19 pm

So do an outside living room? Eliminate whatever little garden and sun there was. Also no grilling.

49. pattianne brady on August 9, 2021 at 10:20 pm

I’m ripping my deck down as we speak, gosh I wish they could redesign my yard!!

50. Grace Coppola on August 9, 2021 at 10:25 pm

Hello,
    I live in Montreal, Canada. Would it be possible to have a 3D PLAN of my backyard, I want different destination (4 seasons )