Kevin's Herb Garden Design Ep. 21

Kevin's Herb Garden Design Ep. 21

Welcome to my Herb Garden! Here’s how I made this little oasis on a shoestring budget. Click below for more info:

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://goo.gl/FTYxcu
VISIT MY WEBSITE: http://www.kevinleejacobs.com/
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/KevinLeeJacobs
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/A-Garden-for-the-House-from-Kevin-Lee-Jacobs-141256039236578/
INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/kevinleejacobs/?hl=en

1. Joan DiCoio on August 12, 2021 at 9:46 pm

Kevin, thank you for demystifying so many beautiful and practical activities. I took your advice on "sheet mulching" after weeding to keep weeds in check. The newspapers were free from friends and the mulch was on sale. Future project is to make my own compost! I’ll try to send before/after pictures. Thanks for the money saving tips and inspiration! Really enjoyed this herb garden video and am ready for a house tour!

2. mai pi on August 12, 2021 at 9:46 pm

goegeous

3. Jordan Droxford on August 12, 2021 at 9:55 pm

love love love your herb garden!!!! I have been dreaming of making one but we keep moving (sad face). the last 2 years I have been working hard on landscaping the surrounds of the house, where I keep my vegetables and flowers (edible gardening). starting this year, am going back to container gardening just in case my husband decides to move house again. I have been scouting online including youtube for inspiration on how to design a container garden. I haven’t found one yet but I’m not giving up. hope to watch more of your videos next time I’m off 🙂 more power to you!

4. Liza on August 12, 2021 at 10:04 pm

love your way of communicating! thanks for the video!

5. Liliana West on August 12, 2021 at 10:05 pm

Your videos are sooo inspiring, Kevin! Thank you so much. I love your historic home and the formal herb garden.

6. Emma T on August 12, 2021 at 10:10 pm

7. Kurt Grenig on August 12, 2021 at 10:11 pm

Great job, well done.

8. callalilly1988 on August 12, 2021 at 10:12 pm

Excellent tips Kevin, just in time. I was about to spend about $100 on weed mat. Now I’ll be trawling the backs of shops and moving companies for boxes.

9. K.L. Eckhardt on August 12, 2021 at 10:17 pm

I always LOVE your videos & emails. Knowing that you also have someone special in your life who needs to be gluten free – like me – makes your videos & emails top priority to read. Today, you answered a question I had which is Are carrot greens good to eat? I’ve been learning many new greens smoothie recipes and thought I’d try the carrot greens. You’re always great Kevin!

10. mary jemison on August 12, 2021 at 10:19 pm

Love the garden Petunias are Gorgeous

11. Diane Rich on August 12, 2021 at 10:19 pm

Loved this Kevin! Thanks for the great tips….You make everything look very doable.

12. Jacqueline Leib on August 12, 2021 at 10:20 pm

Loved this video. Thanks for posting. More garden videos please. 🙂

13. Marie O'Leary on August 12, 2021 at 10:21 pm

beautiful herb garden.

14. tessakate250 on August 12, 2021 at 10:22 pm

Wow, I enjoyed your video! Beautiful garden design.

15. Herbal DT CH on August 12, 2021 at 10:23 pm

Jom Tengok Khasiat Herbal-Herbal Semulajadi Yang Boleh Kita Amalkan Untuk Kesihatan di Youtube Herbal DT CH https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHQkWdUUm8FVbcyO_U3TpOg

16. Brecht Maes on August 12, 2021 at 10:23 pm

Please do a house tour 😀

17. Deb Lee on August 12, 2021 at 10:24 pm

Kevin, do you have a recipe for the chive blossom vinegar? I would love to know how to make it. Thanks, and love your herb garden.

18. Celestte Azulse on August 12, 2021 at 10:26 pm

So Beautiful garden Kevin,,🙋‍♀️👍

19. Jennifer N on August 12, 2021 at 10:26 pm

I love the formal European style of your herb gardens. I have one that’s gotten away from me, the bonus being that the rosemary is blooming. My regret, and I knew better, was not burying the mint in a pot with a curled rim. Part of the reason it’s out of control is that it’s too small as a 5×5 to hold 2 lavender, 2 oregano, chinese chives, rosemary, mint, sage and basil. I’ve wanted a lavender boarder instead of boxwood so I hope to get decent propagation next year. I’ve been more focused on perennial items such as berries and a mini orchard since we bought this place.

20. SPIKES CDO on August 12, 2021 at 10:29 pm

Is there a garden herb tour of this, I would love to see the whole view 😊

21. Garden Love Homestead on August 12, 2021 at 10:29 pm

what happends to the flowers after the frost? Do they come back or do they die and you have to replace them every year?

22. Lisa Kliger on August 12, 2021 at 10:30 pm

Thank you for sharing how you started the garden with cardboard and newspaper. (And about the pea gravel). I built what we call a "lasagna" garden several years ago. Put down cardboard and newspaper, then layers of compost and soil. I planted native Idaho plants in the garden and rarely have to weed! Much better than spraying something chemical to kill the grass, or even to have to dig it up!

23. Patricia Conway Crocker on August 12, 2021 at 10:32 pm

Kevin, Love your vids and really appreciate them since we are in the same garden zone 4. Great ideas. Great narration. I think and hope you will be very successful! Bisous!

24. cle58 on August 12, 2021 at 10:32 pm

Great Video!. It perked my imagination as to what I could do in my own garden. I look forward to your future videos.

25. Garden Love Homestead on August 12, 2021 at 10:36 pm

love your video. I live to make everything look pretty in my garden too..

26. gracetilly on August 12, 2021 at 10:41 pm

I admit it; I covet your garden!

27. Jeri Landers of Hopalong Hollow on August 12, 2021 at 10:43 pm

I love the idea of planting the boxwood tips,. Even though my style is more Cottage and my Potager is usually quite wild and crazy, I admire the formality and elegance of your herb garden. Love the old house an all the outbuildings. Nice to have found your channel whilst looking for milk jug winter planting!