~ ORGANIC COTTAGE GARDENING- BENEFICIAL FLOWER COMPANION PLANTING VEGETABLE GARDEN~

Hello friends! Today I walk you through my vegetable garden, and discuss compact companion planting with flowers. This is known as “ cottage gardening”. I talk about what each flower offers to the garden such as attracting Beneficial insects, and repelling bad bags. I even mention a couple of edible flowers that are a great edition to your salads. I want to know your thoughts on this, what you use, and what I missed. 🥰☀️#cottagegardening #companionplanting

-Mosquito Repelling Patio Planter-Commentary On Each Plants Benefits

Mixed Coleus Planter-Container Gardening-Shade Garden Plants

Planting-Mixed Herb Pots-Mixed Shade Garden Pots

Heres a list of each flower mentioned in this video.

~Chives
Attracts bee’s, butterflies, and beneficial wasps. Repel Deer, and rabbits.
~Nasturtium
Both leaves, and petals are edible. Repel squash bugs, and beetles. Great ground cover, and hanging, or climbing with help.
~Marigolds
Attract lady bugs, which eat aphids. Repels garden pests both above, and below ground. Rabbits avoid these plants, and so do Mexican bean beetle, squash bugs, thrips, tomato hornworms, and white flies.
~Lavender
Repel deer with strong fragrance, also ticks, green cabbage moths, and mice.
~Cosmos
Attract beneficial bees for pollination, green lacewings which eat aphids, scale, and thrips.
~Zinnias
Attract bees, and hummingbirds which eat aphids.
~Alyssum
Attract beneficial insects like hoverflies. They look like a tiny wasp, but do not sting, or bite. These hoverflies, and there larvae eat aphids. It also attracts ground beetles, and fireflies. the larvae from these insects hunt slugs. The roots of alyssum is very shallow, and does not interfere with the growth of garden veggies. The best vegetables to plant with alyssum is Swiss chard, cabbage, celery, spinach, and lettuces.
~Calendula
This flower should be planted elsewhere in your yard to lure aphids away from your garden. It does repel insects that attack asparagus, and tomato.

1. Jimmy and Tammy on August 12, 2021 at 9:32 pm

I have heard so many different explanations of what Frankincense is and what it’s used for…I have no idea which is true. I was wondering if you knew anything on it…also, why was it so precious in antiquity/biblical days? I was given some Frankincense oil and have no clue what to do with it.

2. kelley Sciarrino on August 12, 2021 at 9:44 pm

Just planted Bee Balm and the polinator’s are going crazy,going crazy,my flowers love it!Beautiful garden!!!!

3. Joyce Moore on August 12, 2021 at 9:48 pm

I love your raised beds. Every thing looks so pretty.

4. Linda Bell on August 12, 2021 at 9:48 pm

Wow you have a very beautiful garden! I only knew of a few flowers that you mentioned. Could you please write more about the flowers? The ones that people would have a hard time spelling, like somewhere in the description. Also beside lavender what kind of plant deters mosquitoes?

5. Debra Springers on August 12, 2021 at 9:48 pm

I like how you did your strawberry wall. Strawberries don’t lay on the ground I love it

6. Stacy K. on August 12, 2021 at 9:51 pm

I am jealous that your cabbage don’t need netting 🥰

7. Tawana Jeffries on August 12, 2021 at 9:55 pm

Beautiful!! I love the strawberry wall. Do you have a pic of it before planting? I’d like to have my dad build me one and I’d love be to have one like yours. Thanks

8. Nathalie Mann on August 12, 2021 at 9:57 pm

What a beautiful garden. You really created a little corner of heaven.

9. D Shannon on August 12, 2021 at 10:03 pm

I LOVE IT! Very informative! Great video!

10. Natalie J on August 12, 2021 at 10:03 pm

Your home is a beautiful Oasis Tina! All your hard work I’m sure is worth it when you pull up a chair with some iced tea, and enjoy such a beautiful view. So relaxing! Tyfs, it’s truly beautiful! Natalie 🌻

11. Kelly Dodge on August 12, 2021 at 10:05 pm

What a beautiful garden!

12. Delightful Designs by Denise on August 12, 2021 at 10:06 pm

Your gardens are beautiful!

13. Emily Pickett on August 12, 2021 at 10:11 pm

GORGEOUS video!

14. Ms. Delgado on August 12, 2021 at 10:20 pm

Beautiful garden!

15. Brenda LaCombe on August 12, 2021 at 10:23 pm

Wow, Tina!! So pretty!! Don’t think I’ll put in. Tomatoes this year!! I just have a heck of a time! Don’t have a green thumb. Most of my flower beds are rocked. 😊

16. Maureen Pereira on August 12, 2021 at 10:25 pm

Love your garden! Lots of love and hard work went into this. Thank you for sharing

17. joanna rocha on August 12, 2021 at 10:27 pm

Beautiful garden, thank you so much for sharing 😊

18. Budget Jo on August 12, 2021 at 10:30 pm

Beautiful garden
    Tfs

19. Debra Springers on August 12, 2021 at 10:31 pm

Your garden is so beautiful. A lots of time and work has gone into this garden this is the best I’ve ever seen. Great job

20. kelley Sciarrino on August 12, 2021 at 10:31 pm

May I ask where in this country you are located? I am in Northeast Ohio and we just planted over Memorial Day weekend because of Good Old Lake Erie cannot plant that early.

21. The Weeks Nest DIY on August 12, 2021 at 10:31 pm

Your garden is beautiful ! I just started my attempt at having some herbs and flowers on my deck . I would love to have a garden like this one day ! Great video !