Pond Lighting Tips and Tricks | Water Feature Design Series 10

Pond Lighting Tips and Tricks | Water Feature Design Series 10

Installing LED pond and waterfall lighting:
In this episode, “Water Feature Design Series #10” John teaches you the basics of how his team installs LED water feature lighting. Some real hands-on advice on what to do, what not to do, and why! He shows you how they make proper connections, where to place wiring, and most importantly-how to make the system VERY EASY TO MAINTAIN. If you plan on installing some pond lighting, you gotta watch this video, you will definitely take a nugget from it that will make it worth your time! Enjoy 😉

Modern Design Aquascaping has been building custom water features since 2000 and has been a Certified Aquascape Contractor since 2002. They have built in 6 countries, and over a dozen states in the U.S. They specialize in custom projects that change the way people spend time together outdoors. You may reach John in East Tennessee at:
PHONE-(865)995-1234
WEB-www.MDAquascaping.com
FaceBook: Modern Design Aquascaping
YouTube: youtube.com/moderndesignaquascapinginc
The YouTube channel is geared towards education on proper construction methods for water features and highlights many cool projects that the Modern Design Aquascaping team gets to be a part of!
Happy Pondering 😉

1. Baruch David Greenman on August 15, 2021 at 9:54 pm

Dang man, you’re good

2. Delaware Water Features on August 15, 2021 at 9:55 pm

What size Landscape Lighting Wire do you like to use? 12,14,or16

3. Whip's World on August 15, 2021 at 9:56 pm

👍 A little something in. Thanks for helping us out, John. We really appreciate you taking the time. 👍

Nothin’ but ❤ for ya, John. Nothin’ but ❤

4. Paul McKinney on August 15, 2021 at 9:57 pm

Once again you save me John. I ran all my pipe through the pond to come out in one place and was about to run my lights in the next few days.

5. The Great Oasis on August 15, 2021 at 9:57 pm

Thanks G

6. Daniel Kelley on August 15, 2021 at 9:57 pm

Great info and knowledge bombs! Keep up the great content!

7. Jesse.c on August 15, 2021 at 9:57 pm

Knowlage bombs! Always watch your videos and always learn new things. “Squirrel” !

8. Dan Liese "the hard working nice guy" on August 15, 2021 at 9:59 pm

Hey John Like what you do and how you explain things. Would it be possible for me to come down for a week and work for you on your team and learn? I am just starting out and want to make sure i do it right.

9. Cam Wilson on August 15, 2021 at 9:59 pm

Appreciate your no bullshit approach

10. Fernando Abi Saab on August 15, 2021 at 10:01 pm

Hi thanks for your videos, do you have a online school?

11. brian solamon on August 15, 2021 at 10:02 pm

What wiring do you guys use to hook up the pond lights?

12. Zokomo TV on August 15, 2021 at 10:02 pm

Great tip John

13. Delaware Water Features on August 15, 2021 at 10:03 pm

Do you run a solid pipe to the bottom of a pond weather it’s 2’ or 5’ down the the shelving or is the pipe just thru the Boulders on each level and then bare wire thru the Gravel?

14. I-Sean Neill on August 15, 2021 at 10:09 pm

This was great information I’m going to install my waterfall lights myself. Thank you

15. gbd5658 on August 15, 2021 at 10:10 pm

Thanks a lot for the content. It’s great

16. John Hildebrand on August 15, 2021 at 10:11 pm

Thank you = really good advice.

17. Thomas Zulanas on August 15, 2021 at 10:11 pm

Hey John …thanks for sharing your craftsmanship (some gold nuggets) and encouraging us to be better (than our lazy boneheads). Keep up the Awesome work!

18. Kurt P on August 15, 2021 at 10:12 pm

Excellent info.

19. Raymone White on August 15, 2021 at 10:13 pm

Great tips John! Thanks,

20. PRINCE OSAE-NYARKO on August 15, 2021 at 10:13 pm

Soo helpful. You are blessed

21. Stacy Adams on August 15, 2021 at 10:15 pm

Good lighting enhances the water feature as well as the landscaping🐸

22. kalieb Griffiths on August 15, 2021 at 10:16 pm

Thx for the info JohnG

23. Neil Whitehead on August 15, 2021 at 10:16 pm

Great content, keep up the good work 👍

24. Christian on August 15, 2021 at 10:16 pm

Awesome tips for lighting and service if I mean when the lights need to be replaced. Thank you!

25. Delaware Water Features on August 15, 2021 at 10:18 pm

Thanks John Great Gold Nuggets!! And No Ugly Irrigation Boxes to stick out like a sore thumb

26. The Pond Advisor on August 15, 2021 at 10:19 pm

light bulbs lol, nice lighting video, wish we could use the wire nuts in the UK, but its not possible, keep up the good work

27. Rivercrest - Custom Water Features on August 15, 2021 at 10:19 pm

JG – excellent information!! Thanks!
    JZ

28. Matthew Nelson on August 15, 2021 at 10:20 pm

Nice video! I enjoy your no nonsense approach to your educational videos! You guys rock! Pun intended… 🤣

29. NLE KiNg on August 15, 2021 at 10:22 pm

Hey John say you had to run a wire from a 5 foot shelf how would you run it thru the other shelf

30. Inspire Video Production on August 15, 2021 at 10:24 pm

Amazing tips 🙂

31. BizzySuzy on August 15, 2021 at 10:26 pm

That was exactly what I needed to know.

32. chris harrison on August 15, 2021 at 10:26 pm

Awesome helpful videos! I’m installing the Aquascape color changing lights in the pond I’m building and you mentioned larger conduit. What size would you suggest and am I correct that those wires should not be cut and spliced but they should be plugged into the 3 ways/6 way splitters?

33. rowgler1 on August 15, 2021 at 10:27 pm

Good detailed advice. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. You seem a little stressed, I’m getting a Bill Burr vibe ( great comedian). Take it easy, we love you, you’re just giving it all away to educate and make the world a better place. We appreciate it and Thank You.

34. P diddy on August 15, 2021 at 10:30 pm

Love it!!!🤙🙏❤👍you rock brother…thank you for the awesome help/insight. Always make us laugh w the vlogs💪 One day hope to work with you guys!!

35. robert anthony on August 15, 2021 at 10:34 pm

Love your videos and the series keep them coming this is gold for pond and water feature builders!!! Awesome job by you and the family and thanks for keeping it entertaining!!!

36. wither manlive on August 15, 2021 at 10:34 pm

Hi do I have to buy a 60 watt transformer to connect the lights and the three way connectors to attach them? Thanks for your help! Your part of our family here in new Mexico so thankful for your 73 videos can’t wait for many many more!

37. Albert Einstein on August 15, 2021 at 10:35 pm

I really appreciate you series. This helps me a lot. Especially as here in Germany it seems that only few people use the wetland filter systems, so it is difficult to find as detailed information as in your videos. (It’s then a hassle to find the correct German names for products and concepts ; ) )
    I also like that the professionalism of your videos has increased. Especially the lower volume music. People watch your videos to listen to you not to music ; )

38. Richard Baker on August 15, 2021 at 10:37 pm

Love your videos, no nonsense, non technical, simplifying things that some people consider magic… and you have a great sense of humour, keep up the great work John.

39. Tanu Sutomo on August 15, 2021 at 10:39 pm

Hi John G great very interseting thank you

40. Gianfranco Cattina on August 15, 2021 at 10:40 pm

You are super smart, love your works

41. Craig Dewar on August 15, 2021 at 10:40 pm

Hahah awesome vid. Solid tips and thanks for taking the time dude 👊

42. written2382 on August 15, 2021 at 10:44 pm

Great video!

43. Craig Dewar on August 15, 2021 at 10:44 pm

Awesome video guys !

44. Len Brown on August 15, 2021 at 10:44 pm

Hey John,
    Love your videos!
    Lots of good info. delivered with a southern sense of humor and plenty of positive energy. Off to buy some more wire nuts with "silly-cone." Keep up the good work!

45. Edward Locke on August 15, 2021 at 10:48 pm

Funny and informative information!!!

46. jon williams on August 15, 2021 at 10:49 pm

Hi John i am about to build my pond this Friday and i have been watching all your instructional videos they are hands down the best and most informative videos for all the technical stuff. I will be using this technique for my lighting the only thing i cant find any info on is what wattage lights and how many i should used in my pond it is going to be 13ft x 11ft and 2.5ft deep

47. Ilari Nummi on August 15, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Thanks, nice video, good proper content as always! This is a minor thing, but cut electrical tape with knife or sciccors, not with hands. Then it doesn’t start to unwind. Keep on truckin’!

48. Steve Beecham on August 15, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Excellent advice 🍻 did mine the same but no vid to remind me where I made the connections 🙄 should have found your vids before hand 😂 but thank you guys top work as always 🍻

49. Raymond Tremblay on August 15, 2021 at 10:52 pm

As requested i write down…Thanks for helping us out john we really appreciate you taking the time, do something I need a little love, I mean that, subscribe to our channel, that’s all I got to say I’m done…voilà!

50. Erick Sato on August 15, 2021 at 10:52 pm

Great tips! I already installed some of my own lights, but now I’m going to go back out there with electrical tape and make a video. Oh yeah, and I’ll keep an eye out for making some firelight magic! Thanks for sharing your expertise!