The BEST Soil Combination for RAISED GARDEN BEDS!

The BEST Soil Combination for RAISED GARDEN BEDS!

For a FULL tutorial with links on where to buy all your supplies, visit: http://www.weedemandreap.com/best-soil-combination-raised-garden-boxes/
↓↓↓↓↓↓ CLICK “SHOW MORE” FOR RESOURCES ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

👕We have MERCHANDISE HERE!!!: https://www.weedemandreap.com/merch

🛒SHOP our favorite products on AMAZON:
(affiliate link) https://www.amazon.com/shop/weedemreap

📝 DOWNLOAD OUR FREE GUIDES:
⬇️The Ultimate Soil Guide: http://bit.ly/2BO31wt
⬇️Getting Started with Goats: http://bit.ly/2uXBp5p
⬇️DaNelle’s Favorite Natural Remedies: http://bit.ly/2CEvvKy

🖥 OUR WEBSITE: https://www.weedemandreap.com/

🏝OUR MAILING ADDRESS:
Weed ’em & Reap
PO Box 3561
Gilbert, AZ 85299

1. Wasim Janjua on August 17, 2021 at 10:07 pm

Do we mix it all or separate layers of this stuff?

2. andy D on August 17, 2021 at 10:07 pm

Where could I get coconut coir? Thank you

3. CanadianTed on August 17, 2021 at 10:08 pm

no compost?

4. Gene Miller on August 17, 2021 at 10:08 pm

Each of my beds hold 4 yards so that’s 2 yards of coir according to your website. That would cost a fortune. The bed your showing is tiny.

5. aut0 flower on August 17, 2021 at 10:09 pm

the wood is hugelkultur lol

6. Chris on August 17, 2021 at 10:09 pm

fyi with basically just fish fertilizer and not much else for nutrients, you’re short changing potassium. also, without a soil test, you really have no idea how much of each nutrient you have. optimum veggie garden soil should be 30:20:200 NPK ppm.
    btw add some calcium also.

7. Malina 123 on August 17, 2021 at 10:10 pm

None of these things are available in my country 😳 I can get sitting soil, but that’s $10 for a bag the size of a loaf of bread .. so I only use that for starting the seeds. So I have no idea what to put in my raised beds..

8. Anita Moran on August 17, 2021 at 10:10 pm

This is very expensive mix when compost from local recycle ) pay $10 for 8 x 4 trailer full, holds water, have nutrients add 1/4 sand to compost and go

9. Igor Sidelkovsky on August 17, 2021 at 10:11 pm

Just wonderful, I been tryin to find out about "best organic matter for garden" for a while now, and I think this has helped. Ever heard of – Paylezobath Celebrated Process – (should be on google have a look )?

It is an awesome one off guide for discovering how to incorporate amazing landscaping designs into your home without the normal expense. Ive heard some super things about it and my friend got great results with it.

10. Crystal Rorie on August 17, 2021 at 10:12 pm

Do u put the rock dust in the soil or around the plants I have herd both ways

11. sd dragons on August 17, 2021 at 10:14 pm

i have all natural garden soil for flowers & vegetables

12. Larry Robinson on August 17, 2021 at 10:14 pm

I live in North West Tucson.Finally getting around to getting a garden going. I haven’t had a garden since the 70’s. Nice tutorial thank you!

13. Psalm 146 : 2 on August 17, 2021 at 10:16 pm

I watched a video on growing tomatoes and the guy said to use pond or lake water to water your plants because tap water isn’t good for plants (well water is ok). I figured that was bunk but I tried it and my tomatoes grew so nicely – it definitely works. People probably think I’m crazy filling up buckets from the pond but I don’t care

14. Your Home Recording Studio on August 17, 2021 at 10:20 pm

I’m mainly here to give props for the channel name. But it was good to see someone doing raised beds in a dry climate as well!

15. veronica belmontez on August 17, 2021 at 10:22 pm

Great video! Lived all the tips n tricks. My raised bed was completed now I can start getting all my soils.. thank you

16. L O F E N O I A L O F on August 17, 2021 at 10:23 pm

How about adding a 2-4" layer of mulch to the top to keep in moisture ? Thanks ~!

17. Jacqua Boley on August 17, 2021 at 10:27 pm

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌸🌸🌷🌷🌹🌹🌹🥀🥀🥀🌹🌷🌷🌷🌷🌸🌸🌸🌺🌹🌹🌷🌸🌸🌺🌹🌸🌸🌸🌷🌷🌹🌺🌺🌲

18. K Schrock on August 17, 2021 at 10:27 pm

Does the coconut coir get molded? If so is it preventable or inevitable?

19. Whitterkins McGee on August 17, 2021 at 10:28 pm

Careful termites also love cardboard. It’s actually their standard feed in captivity

20. Paul Dominic on August 17, 2021 at 10:28 pm

Great info. Thanks!! "Mel’s Mix", from the book _Square Foot Gardening_ is the mix I like the best… with what you said– the worm castings, mycorrhizal fungi, Azomite, fish fertilizer… and I get great results, too!… In my arid area, the vermiculite is a very important component for keeping the moisture in.

21. Denise L on August 17, 2021 at 10:28 pm

I live in northwestern Pennsylvania where there’s almost always lots of moisture, but our soil is mostly clay for some reason. o_o

22. L Romero on August 17, 2021 at 10:29 pm

I love in Georgia we have clay but are also humid, what’s the best soil to use?

23. Tanya Chmilar on August 17, 2021 at 10:30 pm

Wow

24. sd dragons on August 17, 2021 at 10:31 pm

hi I was wondering if its possible to mix regular dirt with soil

25. Jesse Miller on August 17, 2021 at 10:32 pm

How often do you amend your box

26. Rodney Hewitt on August 17, 2021 at 10:33 pm

Great video , thanks for posting this . Can I ask, how much do you mix up the potting soil with the coconut coir, rock dust and root enhancer ? Do you just leave them layered ? Or do you give them a good mix together ?

27. Hossain Ellas on August 17, 2021 at 10:35 pm

Just wonderful, I have been researching "how do you grow the best vegetable garden?" for a while now, and I think this has helped. Ever heard of – Paylezobath Celebrated Process – (just google it )?

It is an awesome one of a kind product for learning organic gardening secrets to boost your produce minus the hard work. Ive heard some decent things about it and my mate got cool results with it.

28. oh yeah on August 17, 2021 at 10:37 pm

Rotten fish liquid. Yummy yummy. Lol. Oh, you’re so cute.

29. Terry Richards on August 17, 2021 at 10:38 pm

Very well explained!…Very helpful for a beginner like me! Thank you!

30. Kimberly Holland on August 17, 2021 at 10:39 pm

What kind of wood are you using?

31. eurudgi green on August 17, 2021 at 10:39 pm

worms in the dessert

32. Ferg Ferguson on August 17, 2021 at 10:41 pm

You can grow any weed or plant with that dirt….good job sally

33. Bren R on August 17, 2021 at 10:41 pm

Hello! What would you do to the dirt for your next crop/season?

34. Crystal Norman on August 17, 2021 at 10:42 pm

Can you use this recipe in core gardening?

35. Christie Marie on August 17, 2021 at 10:42 pm

Hiii! I live in Tolleson by Goodyear Arizona! I have an inground garden however! The caliche (clay) dirt kills my roots…. Only the strong survive. And i only waste seeds. Did you build your own garden beds?

36. Matty Bo Batty on August 17, 2021 at 10:43 pm

How do you keep your wood from warping?

37. Love always Jasmine on August 17, 2021 at 10:44 pm

Could I use leaf compost, coco coir, worm castings, and rock dust?

38. Kimberly Holland on August 17, 2021 at 10:46 pm

Great video 👍 your soil is the same as Nevada thanks for the tips

39. Edmee Mollard on August 17, 2021 at 10:47 pm

My bed is only 8" high. Should I have thinner layers or fewer layers?

40. Agri CAMBO on August 17, 2021 at 10:48 pm

Very good and wise people on Earth. They are blessings. I have turned my home into farm as well. It’s hard work but worth every second. I absolutely love it. Let’s grow our own food people!✌🏻❤️

41. Marina Williams on August 17, 2021 at 10:50 pm

How much did you spend for this little bed, the moneys you spent you should grow diamonds in it

42. TGDB on August 17, 2021 at 10:54 pm

Thanks for your advice my wife and my children are going to make me some raised beds for Fathers Day (I’m from England) and this is really helpful.

43. Jim S on August 17, 2021 at 10:54 pm

Were those two 2 x 12 boards stacked on top of each other? Also, is using the coconut coir a bad idea or just not as necessary in a very humid climate (south Louisiana)?

44. TheMusicbabe101 on August 17, 2021 at 10:57 pm

Hey. I noticed it says one inch of worm castings – that seems like a heck of a lot of worm castings. LOL. Was there a typo by chance?

45. VeganChiefWarrior on August 17, 2021 at 10:58 pm

nope wrong way round, organic matter holds water and clay doesnt :p so i guess you dont know what your doing, but dont worry, no1 does really its all a crap shoot and for vegetables it all works 🙂

46. Sarah Contento on August 17, 2021 at 10:59 pm

What would you use if you’re allergic to fish and shellfish?

47. Charms Life on August 17, 2021 at 11:02 pm

Do u need to use all the added fertilizer if I have fresh compost from the local farm that has eArthworms?

48. harrygatto on August 17, 2021 at 11:03 pm

Strange that you never mentioned what you put in your raised beds also depends on the depth of the beds and what you are going to grow in them.

49. Ish Tine on August 17, 2021 at 11:04 pm