Hoop House & Greenhouse: Everyone Can Grow a Garden 2019 #18

Hoop House & Greenhouse: Everyone Can Grow a Garden 2019 #18

Join garden writer Susan Mulvihill for a quick tour of her hoop house (used for growing salad greens through the winter and warm-season crops from spring-fall) and her small greenhouse. From Susan’s in the Garden, SusansintheGarden.com.

1. Planting On Point on August 19, 2021 at 10:12 pm

Thanks, will look into capillary mat for my next greenhouse project 🙂

2. Love always Jasmine on August 19, 2021 at 10:19 pm

Could I use a plastic green house from Amazon to grow in the winter?

3. Two Turtle Garden & Outdoors on August 19, 2021 at 10:21 pm

Great video on this very subject. I started my broccoli for my fall/winter garden up here in Canada. I will be researching more about winter gardening on your site. Thanks Rob from Canada eh.

4. Green Thumbelina on August 19, 2021 at 10:22 pm

Lots of great ideas in this video. I had never heard of a capillary mat, I’ll have to check that out!

5. Dolly Perry on August 19, 2021 at 10:30 pm

Susan, have you grown Chinese Kale? I’m growing it for the first time this year and it is doing very well. I need direction on how to cook it LOL https://www.rareseeds.com/chinese-kale-yod-fah/

6. sammysame on August 19, 2021 at 10:33 pm

6×8 is a good size for me to start off with – thanks for making and sharing this video!

7. Hard Docs on August 19, 2021 at 10:33 pm

HA – I love that COYOTE scarecrow seen at left @ 4:25

8. diane sanders on August 19, 2021 at 10:34 pm

Ms.Susan you have been a BIG help to me this year with my garden.You have always got back to me when i have had questions about things.THANK YOU!I have another question.When i pick my Bush’es green beans will new plants grow back or should I just take them down after picking?Also do you have a video on how to dry seeds out so i can save then for next year on all my things I am picking this year.Thank you So ver much for all your help with the new things I am growing this year.

9. carolyn moody on August 19, 2021 at 10:35 pm

Great info..blessings

10. Enrique Carpena Reyes on August 19, 2021 at 10:37 pm

Hello Susan…..what a nice video

11. Cinnamon on August 19, 2021 at 10:39 pm

Do you need to water more in addition to what the plants get from the special mat you set up? Or does that provide enough water on its own? Thank you for the great video by the way!

12. scout on August 19, 2021 at 10:39 pm

Thank you for showing us both the the hoop house and greenhouse. I’d like to succeed at growing greens during the winter. I’m glad you mentioned the cultivars that you like.

13. Christine Wiet on August 19, 2021 at 10:43 pm

Growing greens through the winter is my next goal!! Can’t wait to check out your website regarding your hoop house. Thanks Susan!!!

14. Joanne Cavan on August 19, 2021 at 10:45 pm

thanks for the video, some great ideas, i’m always learning 🙂

15. Marilyn M on August 19, 2021 at 10:50 pm

Thanks for the info.hope to grow some lettuce,etc over/into winter in one of my beds covered with 6mil. Will also add row cover.

16. Guernicola on August 19, 2021 at 10:51 pm

From Argentina. Great!!! Thanks for share Susan!

17. Imagine, Make & Create on August 19, 2021 at 11:02 pm

What a great tour! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

18. Janiece Simpson on August 19, 2021 at 11:04 pm

I love your idea using the mat to water. Thank you for sharing

19. อยู่คนเดียวให้ได้ on August 19, 2021 at 11:06 pm

someone told me compost can make some heat for winter farm.

20. Mary on August 19, 2021 at 11:09 pm

Susan, what state do you live in?