How to Make a Raised Garden Bed (WoodLogger.com)

How to Make a Raised Garden Bed (WoodLogger.com)

This Raised Garden Bed project was inexpensive, fun, and easy to make. In this video I go over how I made this garden box in just a few hours. If you want build a raised garden box you can view more pictures and a description on how I made this. Check out my site over at: https://www.woodlogger.com/

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/woodlogger/

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/woodloggert/

Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/woodlogger/

1. Claudio J on August 21, 2021 at 10:22 pm

great video! check out my garden bed video https://youtu.be/0kIVS2E35iE

2. Christian Lachance on August 21, 2021 at 10:26 pm

How the fabric will stop weed from growing if its under the soil? I dont get this part. I tought it should be on the top and make holes to only let grow your plants.

3. E James on August 21, 2021 at 10:29 pm

Very cool!

4. Southern Media Source on August 21, 2021 at 10:32 pm

I love the fact your gardening box video was 4:20 minutes. Coincidence? Lol! Good Video. Keep it up.

5. Harry Bond on August 21, 2021 at 10:32 pm

The weed fabric on the bottom is 100% a waste of time and money, not required with 10 inch of dirt on top, I guess it was cedar you were using.

6. Fix It Angel on August 21, 2021 at 10:32 pm

Thank you. Great tutorial

7. Kristin Elizabeth Coaching on August 21, 2021 at 10:35 pm

Thank you so much for this easy how to. My husband is a high custom millworker, but finding the time to build garden boxes isn’t always easy. Sooo yesterday I typed in how to make raised garden beds. You popped up first and I got started. At 10:53 I started measuring and by 12:40, I was completely done filled with soil and all! Crazy proud moment here and making 3 more today! I actually made them 10′ x 32" and I love them! Great idea re stapling the weed block!
    Wish I could upload an image! Thanks again!!!!

8. Vinny Mattiello on August 21, 2021 at 10:36 pm

I just wish the Democratic party ads would stop asking me for donations

9. zack capitano on August 21, 2021 at 10:37 pm

furniture plan pvc

10. johnlvs2run on August 21, 2021 at 10:38 pm

The gophers would love these.

11. Yeddhu raju on August 21, 2021 at 10:43 pm

This is what I mean kill a tree to grow some plants🙄

12. Eazy D on August 21, 2021 at 10:43 pm

When screwing your planks to the pillars do you drill pilot holes into the wood first?

13. Nan S-Lim on August 21, 2021 at 10:43 pm

Thank you so much it’s easy and you talk so clear with the details. Now I have it in my garden.

14. Travelin Thru on August 21, 2021 at 10:43 pm

When they cut them they are two by four when they dry the wood shrinks

15. Frank D on August 21, 2021 at 10:45 pm

Thank you Woodlogger. Very thorough video explaining the steps and materials to build a simple, BUT, effective garden box. Here at my big box garden center, there is a 4×6 box, assembled for $250.00. This project will be way below $100.00 and meet all our garden needs, so definitely the way to go on a budget using a simple home saw and screws. Keep the videos coming.

16. Papa Romes Outdoors on August 21, 2021 at 10:46 pm

Great job thank you

17. Ze Bunker on August 21, 2021 at 10:48 pm

Hmmm. Not pre-drilling that’s one way to use screws.

18. Alicia Craig-Ornsby on August 21, 2021 at 10:48 pm

Question: how do I test the soil to see if it’s bad?

19. Peter Chhu on August 21, 2021 at 10:49 pm

What kind of wood is this?

20. Kirk Sohr on August 21, 2021 at 10:49 pm

With that weed barrier cloth, it’s doubtful that the plants in your bed will be able to send roots down through it. If the weather gets really hot and dry you want the roots to be able to follow the water down into the earth.

21. Shriya's Kutty Farm on August 21, 2021 at 10:52 pm

Good video.Result of hard work. Give your valuable comments to improve our channel thank you. Stay connected and stay blessed

22. DAVAD M DAVAD on August 21, 2021 at 10:52 pm

Nice box, weed barrier on the WRONG SIDE. Put slats down underneath, keeps out voles and rabbits while allowing in worms. A very big deal Put weed stop on TOP and cut or burn holes for each seed or plant. This will essentially eliminate weeding while allowing growth and trapping in moisture which reduces amount of water needed. But putting growstop on the bottom retards drainage, does not stop larger mammals from digging, does NOTHING for weeds, and stops some space hungry plants like carrots from growing deeper. Sorry but yer doin it wrong.

23. Victor Rodriguez Sr on August 21, 2021 at 10:55 pm

Nice box you built..thought your daughter was gonna help! LoL

24. Danny Hughes on August 21, 2021 at 10:56 pm

I find that attaching the corners and center support blocks OUTSIDE allows for smoother work with Garden Tools – no obstacles to stop the flow !!!!
    I have also experimented with stapling 2 layers of Black porous Ground Cover material around the inner sides —- this helps to reduce rotting of the Wood considerably.

25. david williams on August 21, 2021 at 10:57 pm

How much soil will it take to fill this

26. Aek Racing on August 21, 2021 at 10:57 pm

❤️🇹🇭👍🇹🇭

27. Anthony Riggio on August 21, 2021 at 11:01 pm

Love yiur raised bed. Nice work. Im tearing down my old and building this. I use cardboard over the old grass (bermuda) and it chokes it dead everytime. Thanks for the tips!

28. Bu Wulandari on August 21, 2021 at 11:03 pm

What is the name of the material that you put on the bottom, the black one? Thank you

29. Manuel Villalpando on August 21, 2021 at 11:03 pm

You should mention to people that pine wood is not the best choice to making these raised garden beds, as pine wood will deteriorate much faster with the natural elements at play. One of the best choices to use for wood for making these raised garden beds is cedar. Cedar is very resistant to many of the natural elements, and you will gain more use out of your raised garden bed. Overall, good job in making and instructing the how-to video. I got homework now, 😀

30. Anna Oeur on August 21, 2021 at 11:03 pm

perfect video!!!

31. Kirk B on August 21, 2021 at 11:03 pm

Straight to the point……I like that …..thanks for the video

32. IntelligentDesign-Evolution-God on August 21, 2021 at 11:05 pm

good advice on making a wood box for a garden box, thanks! I plan to build one later this month (Feb. 2020.)

33. ScottsGoingOn on August 21, 2021 at 11:07 pm

These are great, thanks for sharing

34. Mag Dump on August 21, 2021 at 11:08 pm

Very nice.🤘

35. Richard Ng on August 21, 2021 at 11:09 pm

Great video. Any suggestions for a similar design? I am making the sameType but over concrete. I would like to raise it off the ground y maybe 2 feet. I see other designs where they dont use a bottom but add chickenwire and then the weed barrier. I am worried this will mot be strong enough to hold all the dirt. Any suggestions? Thanks for the video really well done.

36. monkeydude3987 on August 21, 2021 at 11:10 pm

Thanks for sharing, gonna give a shot at building this for my bride. Will be a great project for a novice builder such as me!

37. Grateful Heart on August 21, 2021 at 11:13 pm

Thank you for your video. It was very helpful.

38. Vinny Mattiello on August 21, 2021 at 11:13 pm

Nice.

39. Lydia Lujan on August 21, 2021 at 11:14 pm

Really???

40. Andre Rocha on August 21, 2021 at 11:14 pm

The 2×4 has side 3 1/2" because you add a 1/2" drywall and your will be 4"

41. Latina # on August 21, 2021 at 11:14 pm

Like I have a saw or a power tool to do this🥴

42. Good Life on August 21, 2021 at 11:16 pm

Good video, but about 4 minutes too long. Thanks though.

43. matthew Albrecht on August 21, 2021 at 11:16 pm

The reason that timber is not as big as the dimensions is because American timber companies will do the rough cut to say 2×4 then rip it down to make the wood look nicer

44. 007hifi on August 21, 2021 at 11:16 pm

It should be 1 1/2 x 3 1/2 To fit drywall

45. Michael on August 21, 2021 at 11:18 pm

You don’t want a bottom liner of any kind! Weeds will not grow up through 10” of soil! You may have weeds that germinate within the soil. The soil you fill with will smother any grass or weeds out. Not sure what you expect it to serve but the bed looks great. Didn’t hear what kind of wood you used. Don’t use treated. Looks like cedar. I built 4 raised beds 4’x16’ 4’ between each bed and made em out of 5/4 cedar and 2×4. Took 2 2×4 glued and screwed face to face for corner posts and ripped 2×4 and staked on 4’ centers and filled with 50/50 topsoil and compost.

46. BuDDaH MAyNe on August 21, 2021 at 11:20 pm

Gonna make me one of these tomorrow

47. marty jouett on August 21, 2021 at 11:20 pm

What kind of wood did you use! Was it pressure treated or just regular 2×4’s.

48. ME 109 on August 21, 2021 at 11:21 pm

Did you stain it?

49. John Smith on August 21, 2021 at 11:22 pm

this amount of wood would be prohibitively expensive in the UK

50. Yunos Vali on August 21, 2021 at 11:22 pm

Use mm cm and metres inches are are so ancient