GARDEN TOOL SHOWDOWN! | Stirrup Hoe VS Dutch Hoe

GARDEN TOOL SHOWDOWN! | Stirrup Hoe VS Dutch Hoe

In this video, I look closely at my new stirrup hoe as well as comparing it to my other, dutch hoe. Don’t forget that all of these products, as well as my social media pages, will all be linked down below! Like, comment, and subscribe!
Happy Gardening!

Stirrup (Oscillating) Hoe – https://amzn.to/2EgKn5w
Dutch Hoe – https://amzn.to/34pesuc

My links:
Instagram – https://bit.ly/thewelshgardener
Facebook – https://bit.ly/TheWelshGardener

As an Amazon Associate, I will earn from qualifying purchases. Therefore, by using these links, you are supporting my channel, thank you!

How to grow food
Grow your own food
#GrowYourOwn
#VegetableGardening

1. Gagan Bahri on August 26, 2021 at 10:08 pm

Perfect video for my making my purchase choice! I was having trouble deciding which one to choose and as a tall person myself you can guess which one I chose.

Splendid comparison mate. One question though, how should I sharpen my hoe?

2. cabbageturnips on August 26, 2021 at 10:12 pm

i bought my first stirrup hoe last month….it’s so good, i love it…. (ps: you audio and visual seem to be out of sync)

3. NCC 1701 on August 26, 2021 at 10:13 pm

Hello! US gardener here. I have never seen anything like a dutch hoe in my hardware store, so it was interesting to see that unfamiliar tool. What you call a stirrup hoe is called a scuffle hoe here. I use one frequently. Mine is of similar construction to your version, but on mine the bottom piece of steel is completely straight. Enjoyed your video, particularly that you were unfazed by the wind.

4. George Dando on August 26, 2021 at 10:18 pm

Nice comparison. I’m 6’2" and have been deliberating over getting a stirrup hoe, think you’ve convinced me. I ended up bending the head of my dutch hoe in a vice to change the angle a bit so could use it a bit more upright, but stirrup definitely looks more ergonomic. Worth sharpening the dutch one often with a file though, it does help if it’s got a good edge on it.

5. John Breddy on August 26, 2021 at 10:21 pm

Ellen is rough, it lifted my Tunnel Greenhouse even though it was well staked down

6. rne66 on August 26, 2021 at 10:23 pm

A good tip. Being tall myself I’m always glad to find ways to reduce bending over to garden

7. Kaaren Jukes on August 26, 2021 at 10:25 pm

Good on you. A young industrious young man. I am searching for hoes and found this information exactly what I needed.

8. Ned Piggott on August 26, 2021 at 10:32 pm

Should’ve named the video title "Hoedown"

9. Big John on August 26, 2021 at 10:36 pm

I didn’t know the know differences between the hoes. Thank you for the insight on selecting the proper garden tool.

10. justdefacts on August 26, 2021 at 10:37 pm

Would you recommend this hoe for a short person? I rarely use my Dutch hoe because it is hard work and cumbersome so I end up sitting and hand weeding which is very slow. That hoe looks much easier if suitable for my 5’2" .

11. MYAKKA 66 on August 26, 2021 at 10:44 pm

Great video love the music 👍

12. morium anwar on August 26, 2021 at 10:48 pm

Your excellent explanation helped me to choose which hoe to buy. Thank you

13. Luke Robinson on August 26, 2021 at 10:54 pm

Great video gave me all the information I was looking for to make a purchase. 👍🏻👍🏻

14. Node on August 26, 2021 at 10:59 pm

Great video 🙂

15. CosmosHFA88 Savant on August 26, 2021 at 11:01 pm

Subscribed,,,,will be buying one of these,,Thanks for the tip,,,

16. Skippy Plots on August 26, 2021 at 11:04 pm

Nice video, I just bought a stirrup hoe, never used one in my life, iv always pulled by hand but I figured my new allotment plot would be somewhat more difficult to manage than my garden beds so I invested in a few tools to help speed up my rounds when things get going 😁

17. Phyllis W on August 26, 2021 at 11:04 pm

Excellent video!!

18. NJ Morrissey on August 26, 2021 at 11:04 pm

Thanks for sharing about the hoes. Never saw one except you using one in your videos.