The SUMMER GARDEN Is Planted! Done in RECORD TIME!

The SUMMER GARDEN Is Planted! Done in RECORD TIME!

Today we finished planting our summer garden! Come along as we show you what we have planted and talk about what has changed since last summer.

#garden #organicgarden #homesteadfamily

To see the products we use and recommend from Amazon visit our Amazon Store at: https://www.amazon.com/shop/livingtraditionshomestead

If you would like to support the homestead AND receive exclusive videos, blog posts and discounts for our Etsy shop consider supporting us on Patreon. https://www.patreon.com/livingtraditionshomestead

You can also support us through PayPal at:
info@livingtraditionshomestead.com

Also check out our Etsy Store for handmade items from the homestead: https://www.etsy.com/shop/LivingTraditionsMO

Our new rabbit cookbook can be found here:
Printed Copy: http://bit.ly/rabbitcookbook
Amazon Kindle Version: http://amzn.to/2zelDTu

****** Connect with Us! We’d Love to get to know you! ******

Website: www.LivingTraditionsHomestead.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/livingtraditionshomestead

Instagram: instagram.com/living_traditions

****** Email Us ******

info@livingtraditionshomestead.com

Send Snail Mail to:

Living Traditions Homestead
PO Box 323
Ava, MO 65608

****** About Living Traditions Homestead ******

Living Traditions Homestead is all about living a simple and sustainable way of life. We believe the world has gotten too “busy” and that people are missing out on many of the true blessings this world has to offer. We started as a small urban homestead in Gilbert, AZ and after the city grew up around us, decided it was time leave corporate America and take a big leap of faith by moving our family to the Missouri Ozarks.

We put out 5 new videos every week! Tuesday through Saturday. We hope you will become part of our homestead family by subscribing to our channel and watching as we transition from city dwellers to full time homesteaders!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

1. LaVonne Schultz on August 26, 2021 at 10:05 pm

i can almost taste those tomatoes–save one a big tomato. for me yum! Sure beats the hard core fishy tasting hyrdroponic grown ones sold in our stores. Ther is nothing like home grown for flavor.Even if you get a blemish.
    You two work real well as a team, I can see you really put alot of thought &planning extra effort forth with hard work on your homestead .What a team-great example for others to follow!

2. Linda Justice on August 26, 2021 at 10:05 pm

How many sq feet is this garden spot? Do you use 8 or 15 ml fabric in the garden? I am getting ready to order some.

3. Chris Chandler on August 26, 2021 at 10:07 pm

Any problems with Bermuda grass? I would think it would take over this fabric in a southern climate like found in Alabama.

4. Angel Perhne on August 26, 2021 at 10:07 pm

Exactly what kind of field fence are you using? Is it wire or nylon? We’re looking to try something different this year and this looks like a good option

5. deltaguy28 on August 26, 2021 at 10:09 pm

Loving to watch your growth as a family and homestead! Stay Blessed!

6. Matt Peacock on August 26, 2021 at 10:09 pm

Ojos de tigres…
    Ojos del tigre???

7. Evelyn Prange on August 26, 2021 at 10:10 pm

Beautiful garden layout! Are you worried at all about the different varieties of tomatoes plantes closely together cross pollinating?

8. Barbara de Nooijer on August 26, 2021 at 10:11 pm

Love to watch your videos! 👍What is the tool called you use to whack the posts in the ground for the tomato fence?

9. Wag The Dog on August 26, 2021 at 10:12 pm

PUMPED for garden season this year but seeing I only have a small indoor windowsill, I’ll enjoy watching your dreams come true! Happy growing and may your grounds be fertile and blessed! 🙏🏻🌈❤️

10. Michele Richard-Strong on August 26, 2021 at 10:14 pm

How far away are your potatoes from your melons? I have a small garden and I’m conflicted on where I should put my melons, and how far away is suitable enough from the potato patch. Thanks in advance!

11. Krmanj Ahmad on August 26, 2021 at 10:14 pm

look at you to, husband and wife with all difficulty standing together, doing such i ….. dont know not a real pleasant work of like sentral social city, together and stronger. look at ms. working with his husband so confidnt.
    its great that your wife be with you all the time no matter the situation is.

12. Julene Allen on August 26, 2021 at 10:16 pm

I know this comment is late but I had to suggest the burgundy okra. It’s amazing! I love it because it’s so pretty and the pods are much easier to see so you’re not likely to miss them when harvesting. It’s also slime-free! It does turn green when it’s cooked. Not the best for canning or pickling because it will shed the red color into the liquid in the jar, but for frying it just can’t be beat. I love it. 🙂

13. bob f on August 26, 2021 at 10:17 pm

Yall didn’t say a word about the best tomato there ever was…………………."THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO". LOL.

14. Allen Callender on August 26, 2021 at 10:18 pm

Wonder berries do make great pies if they are totally ripe. If they are not totally ripe, you will not like them.

15. Olga _country_life on August 26, 2021 at 10:18 pm

Where can I find your video about your sunflower seeds harvest?

16. Sergeant Rockin' Rose on August 26, 2021 at 10:19 pm

How many acres comprises your homestead? How many acres do you use or maintain daily?

17. Dawn Hess on August 26, 2021 at 10:21 pm

I love your video. Very helpful.

18. Gail Wallace on August 26, 2021 at 10:22 pm

I didn’t have a nice small torch like you have so tried burning holes with a larger sort of torch but it got a little out of hand. I ended up using an old solder iron and felt like I had lots more control.

19. joe LeGrand on August 26, 2021 at 10:24 pm

Love that red tee shirt, I may try the Tiger eye beans. Hogs turn up their snout at feed, your hogs are soiled! I would feed them later then normal & Cover the cuke with a sauce they liked & let them eat or starve .

20. Mary Furgison on August 26, 2021 at 10:24 pm

how many freezers do you have

21. High standards on August 26, 2021 at 10:24 pm

Generally, in the country, its called page wire fencing..🤷‍♀️💞🤷‍♀️ ee-dah- mame, much like harming someone or thing. Much like lame.

22. Mel Palmer on August 26, 2021 at 10:25 pm

How do you plant potatoes with the ground cloth? We moved to Missouri a couple of years ago and the weeds are crazy. Thank you for your videos and your sharing of your time and life with us. God Bless

23. Lynette Cox on August 26, 2021 at 10:26 pm

just watched this episode we haven’t been able to plant our summer garden because we haven’t had any rain in over two years lucky you

24. Albert Thill on August 26, 2021 at 10:28 pm

Thank you for this video. You two reminded me of my parents on their hands and knees
    planting our one acre garden. They would have us kids help around age 5 and it created
    awesome memories. Sarah…don’t use your finger to make holes, as you may damage your
    nails; use a pointed stick about eight inches long to make the holes in the soil.
    Please keep up these amazing videos; you two are amazing teachers and I know you are
    converting many young people to follow a better way of life on a farm…

25. Belle Sparks on August 26, 2021 at 10:29 pm

Sarah, Your pretty as a peach in your straw hat, braids, bright smile and big dimples:)! God keep on blessing you guys and your family:)!

26. joann brewer on August 26, 2021 at 10:31 pm

I am watching your summer garden planting plan. I’m thrilled that you have decided to continue with your Sunflower strip in front of the farm/ ranch. How delightful to drive by as a neighbor and glance to see the whole run of Subflowers in bloom. And you mentioned the shower area too. Do you actually take a cooling spray of shower out there?. I love all the things you do as your normal day. Fondly, mrsjob

27. jws1948ja on August 26, 2021 at 10:32 pm

The key to survival is adaptation.

28. jws1948ja on August 26, 2021 at 10:32 pm

Lady, protect your skin!!!!

29. Bill Mitchell 77 on August 26, 2021 at 10:33 pm

What fabric do yo use to keep the weeds out. I got some cheap fabric and the weeds grew right through the weave. And why don’t you just burn wholes for the tomatoes also?? I’m tired of tilling😃

30. Mary Pedersen on August 26, 2021 at 10:34 pm

just curious about how much of the weed fabric you used for your garden?

31. Mark Bond on August 26, 2021 at 10:34 pm

Is there such thing as a vacation?

32. tina Redington on August 26, 2021 at 10:35 pm

thanks to you and sara on your videos about IPP pigs i have 1 hog 3 sows and i love them i used to have the large red and white ones up to 600 to almost 900 LBS but that was for 3 house holds now we all raise our own IPP pigs a friend of mine is a butcher and has his own butcher shop and we have a good deal going he cuts and cures all my pigs for me and i give him 2 of them for him to sell at his meat shop when my babys are butcher size and age he picks them up and when my meats are done he delivers it to me i cannot eat salt so all my hams and bacon are smoked with mesquite as in texas we have that grow all over the place i also cannot eat sugar as i am diabetic so no sweet cure either for hams and bacon it takes longer then reg sweet cure and salt cure but more healthy for me. my sons do the regular cure and then smoke of thier pigs.

33. Russell Houghton on August 26, 2021 at 10:37 pm

In my area everyone grows Scotia tomatoes.

34. jws1948ja on August 26, 2021 at 10:41 pm

What about grape tomatoes?

35. charlie bragg on August 26, 2021 at 10:41 pm

have you ever checked the temperature of you soil in the heat of the summer under your ground cover . ?

36. Paul Powell on August 26, 2021 at 10:43 pm

Do you guys replace the ground fabric every year, or reuse?

37. anthroariel on August 26, 2021 at 10:44 pm

Since you’re all done with your garden, maybe you could come by and help with mine? LOL!!! 🤗

38. Sandra G Isbell on August 26, 2021 at 10:44 pm

Who is the man in the back walking?

39. jimcampbell47 on August 26, 2021 at 10:46 pm

Luv you guys so much

40. Harry Tustin on August 26, 2021 at 10:47 pm

Love your videos and your garden today. My question is about farm cheese first try today and not so good, My milk supplier leaves the cream at least 1/3 of gallon is cream. Maybe I should have separated it. yes or no I ended up with a very small round and the whey well it looked like milk.

41. 1shirleynewman on August 26, 2021 at 10:48 pm

Thanks for sharing

42. Ron Haycook on August 26, 2021 at 10:49 pm

Soy is one of the worst foods you can eat especially for guys .

43. Helen Bailey on August 26, 2021 at 10:49 pm

Do the ducks ever go down to the pond by themselves

44. James Steffens on August 26, 2021 at 10:50 pm

Do you recommend a fence around the vegetable garden? Thanks jim , we do have deer.

45. John Owen on August 26, 2021 at 10:54 pm

How do we access your Amazon Store pages that you reference?

46. Hazel Brungard on August 26, 2021 at 10:54 pm

I remember watching Sarah plant around the pond but never saw the end results.. please post the video name for her harvest.

47. Nena Wise on August 26, 2021 at 10:56 pm

What brand of weed cover do you use and where do you get it

48. Chuck Lambert on August 26, 2021 at 11:00 pm

Happy New Year to you and the family. Question: how do you water the garden with the ground cover in place?

49. Ibrahim Al on August 26, 2021 at 11:01 pm