How to plant a fruit tree using the Ellen White method

How to plant a fruit tree using the Ellen White method

G´day Weedy watchers. In this video, I´ll tell the story of a woman from the late 1800´s named Ellen White and how she came up with an idea to plant a fruit tree so it can really THRIVE. “A faster growing tree with bigger, sweeter and MORE fruit…earlier.” So I planted an avocado tree in my food forest using this method…with a few minor Weedy adjustments to the ingredients.

By subscribing to my channel and commenting on or liking this video you are helping YouTube notice it, so please go for it 🙂

Support The Weedy Garden: https://www.patreon.com/theweedygarden THIS IS A HUGE HELP so please GO AHEAD ;.)

Heath´s crystal and tribal jewelery https://www.exoticelegance.store/

My comercial photography: https://www.davidtrood.com (My portfolio)

Wheelbarrow art by https://www.instagram.com/juliedelorenzoart/ or https://www.facebook.com/juliedelorenzo

Buy my comercial images: https://www.gettyimages.dk/photos/david-trood?family=creative&license=rf&phrase=david%20trood&sort=best#license

Updates and info on Face Book: https://www.facebook.com/theweedygardenaustralia

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theweedygarden/?hl=en

The Weedy Garden Community – The Weedy Garden Appreciation Society Face Book Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1299275850451560

Music from https://artlist.io/David-1092967

1. Shooter on August 29, 2021 at 10:25 pm

nice job, regards from Chile

2. Student of the WORD on August 29, 2021 at 10:27 pm

You must be an SDA sir? Ellen White got the vision how to live life for all who are believers in God and even the diet. She has also written about medical stuffs before the doctors can figure out something better. She’s quite advance in many things.

3. Su on August 29, 2021 at 10:27 pm

Very clear. I have trees to change from containers to the soil. I was reviewing the Ellen White method a couple of months ago. I expect it will be better than only making a hole. Tell us if you note any difference in your avocado tree. See you

4. Juan Morales on August 29, 2021 at 10:28 pm

Avocado trees have a root that needs to grow straight down but the rock will make it go sideways. The root is the anchor for the tree.

5. Grafting Tactick on August 29, 2021 at 10:29 pm

What a beautiful tutorial, very informative, great sharing 💕👌

6. Napoleon GARDENING FARMING TV on August 29, 2021 at 10:31 pm

Nice video, nice edits, nice explanations, amazing drawings! Happy Planting!

7. Middle Way on August 29, 2021 at 10:31 pm

Yummy episode! Cheers! Sweet artworks!

8. Hodge Podge Life on August 29, 2021 at 10:32 pm

loves your video also a bog fan of Ellen White one of my favorite books that led me back to Christ os the Great Controversy. So your video was awesome and i will try to implement what you have shown. so cool I love planting fruit trees. thanks again for your video

9. HCEndgame on August 29, 2021 at 10:32 pm

Lovely stuff.

My thought that it’s overkill – too much work and materials per tree. Also, big rock etc blocking the direction of taproot growth.

I’m tending towards selecting species that are more or less fire and forget (with swale, mulch and some subsurface organic matter to absorb and hold water) are retained though).

10. jay ellul on August 29, 2021 at 10:32 pm

I have always dug deep holes and added wood chip, stick, wood, grass clippings etc . BUT the sea water thing ive never heard of! Cant wait to try it

11. Tommy Thompson on August 29, 2021 at 10:34 pm

Cheers mate and best of luck from the States.

12. Jorge Avila on August 29, 2021 at 10:34 pm

What about a STAR HOLE. LOL

13. Micky Jax on August 29, 2021 at 10:35 pm

Nice, I want to see how she comes along during summer time. I’m inspired to get digging again 😂😄😄

14. Krishna jyoti Baruah on August 29, 2021 at 10:35 pm

Very nice video🎥🎥🎥

15. Matthew Miller on August 29, 2021 at 10:36 pm

Lol and everyone thought i was going overboard tryna mimick mother nature when i planted fruit trees and prepped my garden every year. The only thing i wasn’t doing was the air pocket, but, i am definitely adding that to my planting routine. Thanks and namaste, brother!

16. We all share 1 planet on August 29, 2021 at 10:36 pm

I enjoy watching you enjoy your regeneration efforts on the land! Happy trees on a hill, as Bon Ross might say !

17. Katrin Mitrach on August 29, 2021 at 10:39 pm

I just love your videos! There is no one else who can teach this important gardening things with such a beautiful voice and so much inner peace! I am not just smarter after your videos I am blessed, relaxed and motivated too. Thank you so much and lovely regards from germany 🙂

18. nottyl ttocs on August 29, 2021 at 10:40 pm

im confused in my own situation. my clay is only 12 inches deep. i was considering trying to use a pot of some sort. is there any hope for me?

19. Fred Sting on August 29, 2021 at 10:42 pm

The mouse offended me!!! But thanks for the warning

20. Subzero on August 29, 2021 at 10:43 pm

Those are a lot of resources for each planting.

21. o.o on August 29, 2021 at 10:46 pm

Thank you for sharing, I plan on moving this year and I’ve got multiple fruit trees that I’ve planted in grow bags and ill definitely use this method when I plant my fruit trees in their forever permanent spot☺

22. George Oguda on August 29, 2021 at 10:47 pm

Great

23. Trü Ter on August 29, 2021 at 10:47 pm

The way you explain things is phenomenal.
    Immediately subscribed after this video

24. Tashi Phuentsho on August 29, 2021 at 10:47 pm

You can be a good lecturer

25. Brooklyn Goddard on August 29, 2021 at 10:49 pm

Your voice and videos are therapeutic. The mouse warning at the beginning 😭❤️ thank you

26. Evelyn Henriquez on August 29, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Hi there, love the technique
    How’s the plant going.???

27. Linda Smyth on August 29, 2021 at 10:51 pm

I noticed you used swales. Have you considered keyline to improve your soil? See Richard Perkins’ video about why he doesn’t use swales but keyline

28. Middle Way on August 29, 2021 at 10:53 pm

Om Ah Houm. Cheers!

29. Dhruten on August 29, 2021 at 10:54 pm

I would love to see growth progress of the tree after plantation and subsequent conservation efforts.

Excellent plantation technique though.

30. Mic'Sa M on August 29, 2021 at 10:56 pm

The elaborate version, specifically sea water! Yes.

31. SecondComingTwice on August 29, 2021 at 10:57 pm

I completely "dig" the fact that you are planting the tree barefoot. Good eatin’ to ya, mate.

32. Jo Woo on August 29, 2021 at 10:59 pm

Wow that’s a lot of work for one tree. I planted 30+ trees so far… that would have taken forever. Cool video hope it performs well.

33. J O D on August 29, 2021 at 11:01 pm

Enjoying the vids mate. Where you located?

34. D J on August 29, 2021 at 11:03 pm

Try adding 5% charcoal to your mix ……you can make it easily enough just by burning some brush and dowsing it with water before it starts turning to ash . Look up “ terra preta” it’s what the asters and mayans used to sustain their agricultural fertility .. thanks for sharing this method. .. I’m going to try. It 👍😀

35. sockpuppetbitme on August 29, 2021 at 11:04 pm

Great video 🙂 A couple minor tips I can offer from years of planting in a similar style. I like to start with a trailerload of soil to make a dome, doughnut or half-doughnut shape, before digging deep. The deeper the better and drop in some road-kill as deep as possible. A science paper proved this stimulates root growth to dive deep and fast, ultimately making your tree grow faster and more drought hardy sooner. When you plant your tree, have the trunk sitting a fair way above the surrounding soil level and mulch it very thick. Over time it will all settle into place. Also if you put too much organic matter in the soil it will sink a long way because the microbes and fungi turn all that carbon into CO2 and it literally floats away as a gas, leaving an empty area behind. Mineral soils don’t evaporate, so get the balance right. You don’t need too much. But you can always put more compost and mulch on top and the trees roots will access it as well as the worms and microbes taking the nutrients down deeper. Mulch it thick in thr first couple years and water it plenty as poor drainage should no longer be an issue.

36. Nope on August 29, 2021 at 11:05 pm

This video was incredibly therapeutic! Thank you so much for your hardwork 😭👏👏

37. KnowledgeNerd on August 29, 2021 at 11:05 pm

This was pretty cool. I learned some stuff. This reminds me a bit of Hugel Kulture garden beds which use decomposing wood as the bottom level. Nice work.

38. Melissa Lentija on August 29, 2021 at 11:05 pm

Apparently the worms don’t mind onion if you dry it out in sun first.

39. Lisa LPH on August 29, 2021 at 11:09 pm

Are people such weenies that they can’t cope with seeing a dead rat in a video? No wonder this planet is going down the toilet.

40. Tommy Thompson on August 29, 2021 at 11:09 pm

Is thi snot about the famous footballer?

41. Pinball Wizard on August 29, 2021 at 11:12 pm

Lol I do similar method for my fruit bushes in grow beds, glad it’s being taught, no waste and natural biodiversity in the soil

42. Chandeep Channel 18 on August 29, 2021 at 11:13 pm

Plant a fruit tree ain’t that tough how you made it bro.

43. The Weedy Garden on August 29, 2021 at 11:14 pm

Heads up! The drawing is a bit misleading! Do NOT bury the trunk. The base of the trunk should be at ground level. Not below as it shows on the drawing 🙂

44. Viola McShannon on August 29, 2021 at 11:14 pm

So, my urban home has what I call fake soil. Topsoil is any where from 2 inches (yes);to 6 inches. Then you hit clay. No rocks. So this won’t work here. I do use compost mixed with native soil.

45. CoolBreeze640 on August 29, 2021 at 11:16 pm

Awesome videography!

46. Karl Karlsson on August 29, 2021 at 11:17 pm

You give me anxiety working with tools without 👞

47. nir didjcoatel on August 29, 2021 at 11:18 pm

GOOD MORNING ,this is very nice ,did you try Syntropic Agriculture? . with the same effort +/- you can establish a peace of forest with a large variety of plants and trees, they will all support each other for ever . good luck .

48. Napoleon GARDENING FARMING TV on August 29, 2021 at 11:18 pm

Amazing video and romantic, clear explanations! A lot of thanks!

49. VigilanteSystems on August 29, 2021 at 11:19 pm

Thanks

50. DreamWarrior on August 29, 2021 at 11:20 pm

That is the coolest intro I have ever seen in my 16 years of watching YouTube and I really mean that. I assume you used a 360 camera? so simple yet so effective and cool!