GARDENING? – You May NEED to do THIS to THRIVE or Even CONTINUE

GARDENING? – You May NEED to do THIS to THRIVE or Even CONTINUE

Gardening is a very important move for us to ensure greater food security and independence. Sometimes, it becomes more difficult to garden, like them governments declare that seeds are “non-essential” and therefore not legal to be sold. Saving seeds not only protects us some such possibilities (allowing us to continue) but also gives us a greater potential to thrive as gardeners. Seed saving from your own garden plants blesses you with plants that are more accommodated to your growing zone, soil type, geographical location, rainfall average, and other distinctions of your property.

To help get more seeds into more people’s hands while we still can, I mention which of the ones featured in this video are still available in our Etsy shop, and also mention Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds (rareseeds.com) since they are my favorite source for trustworthy seeds. I hope the video inspires and blesses you.

CHANNEL MENTIONED : Shalom Acres – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1PmkMRqwEmN2YEr_XyTSQQ

TEESPRING STORE : https://teespring.com/stores/abundant-harvest-homestead

ETSY SHOP : https://www.etsy.com/shop/PapaPepperHomestead

WHY WE HOMESTEAD (New Book) – https://www.amazon.com/dp/1709513799

50 Days to Understanding the End-Times More Accurately (My 1st Book) – https://www.amazon.com/dp/1517698774

ARMADILLO ESCAPE (Our First Children’s Book) – https://www.amazon.com/dp/1708537198

Join this channel to get access to perks:

YOU CAN ALSO NOW HELP ENCOURAGE US BY USING PAYPAL : https://www.paypal.me/papapepper

BTC : 3BQPqcpBWnBiGVnVNmqjuzbmYSeBEEc87w

#papapepper #gardening #sustainable

1. Albany Mountain Homestead on August 30, 2021 at 10:14 pm

I like Malabar Spinach, we use the smaller leaves for salads, and the larger ones we saute with butter and garlic, and I suggest cooking until the slightly caramelized for best results… IMO …BUT I noticed on the baker creek website people saying they didn’t care for Malabar Spinach, but like you I wanted to try it myself and I think it’s worth telling folks when to pick and how you use it. because a bad experience will turn people off especially those who are more particular about what they eat. It’s because of you that I decided to give Malabar Spinach a try. And another plus was how well it survived the summer heat when all other greens are bolting, and mine were for the most part bug and mold resistant.

2. Angela Arnold on August 30, 2021 at 10:17 pm

Saw ya on Bobblehead Homestead this morning. Itโ€™s so cool that he has friends that will come help out! Iโ€™m maybe your newest subscriber. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

3. Debra MacKinnon on August 30, 2021 at 10:18 pm

Papa thank you! That snake gourd looks like a home grown shofar

4. The Redneck Prepper on August 30, 2021 at 10:19 pm

If you can would you bring a few snake gourd seed with you please ?

5. LaDonna Woodley on August 30, 2021 at 10:27 pm

What did you mean by color-coded? I didn’t quite catch that explanation.

6. Darlene's Garden Channel on August 30, 2021 at 10:30 pm

After you take the seeds out of those gourds, you can put rice or small beads inside and paint the outside and create a maraca or rain stick.

7. Virginia Reid on August 30, 2021 at 10:32 pm

I have always tried to save m seeds. However, the best plans are those that fell to the ground and come up on their own. Especially, my tiny tomatoes

8. rebecca waggner on August 30, 2021 at 10:35 pm

Man I wanna garden so bad!!! I am so over city life. Our yard is a black top parking lot. I tried doing container gardening and someone threw them out. Im asuming the landlord. ๐Ÿ˜ข I wish we had a community garden space close by but there is zero green space in our neighborhood. Someday God willing!

9. heith Doty on August 30, 2021 at 10:35 pm

Can not wait to get my red beans started and the snake gords. Thanks man

10. The Apricate Tiny house on August 30, 2021 at 10:36 pm

Goodevening Pepper Family

11. Michelle Weeks on August 30, 2021 at 10:36 pm

If you could I would love to see a video on how you prepare your snake guords to cook for a meal.

12. Joanne Ganon on August 30, 2021 at 10:37 pm

Great video today . Folks need to know this.
    JO JO IN VT ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜„โ˜ƒ

13. Supreme Family Garden on August 30, 2021 at 10:37 pm

One of those thumbs up are from us

14. Katrina Lopez on August 30, 2021 at 10:39 pm

Hola !!! I love that you are posting everyday !!!!!! Blessings!

15. Linda Husson on August 30, 2021 at 10:40 pm

Bobblehead sent me over and I just subscribed! Love the gardening contentโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

16. Z E on August 30, 2021 at 10:42 pm

I like the way Papa Pepper is talking about saving seeds and it is very important and crucial to our well-being and survival.

17. The globe is DEAD on August 30, 2021 at 10:47 pm

If you truly wish to bless me, you would ship your seeds to Canada. Being a priest and a fellow man of Christ and God, I am puzzled.
    My wife and I have been seed saving for several years now and are always wanting to add more varieties and others that we do not yet have in our collection. We donโ€™t sell our seeds, we share them freely with our brethren as we are quite aware of the adversaryโ€™s plan to engineer a worldwide famine in these endtimes.

Please let me know if you are willing to make exceptions with respect to shipping to Canada. Thank you, stay blessed.

18. Georgetta Woods on August 30, 2021 at 10:49 pm

Definitely some great advice indeed!!!

19. Beth Durbin on August 30, 2021 at 10:49 pm

Will be checking your seeds avail. Malabar spinach grew well here ( I only had one plant) but was hidden in my pepper craziness and I missed it all season. Will be trying for seeds from you and plant more than 1 this yr!! My sunchokes went nuts!!!! Trying new things thanks to you!! Hugs

20. Lady DaggerStatus on August 30, 2021 at 10:50 pm

I keep saving seeds from the organic peppers and squashes we buy from the market. Saving seeds in any way is really best and needed. Some people unfortunately still do not get why we garden. They still think they can rely on the grocery store. 2020 apparently showed them nothing.

21. Jimmy Green on August 30, 2021 at 10:50 pm

โ€œHe that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.โ€

22. Darla Simmons on August 30, 2021 at 10:50 pm

Off topic but I received my fig tree cuttings a few weeks ago and they have started to sprout!!!! I can’t see what the roots are doing but I have greenage peeking out on the topside!! I can’t wait to make fig jam from my own trees!

23. cul de sac on August 30, 2021 at 10:54 pm

My cilantro comes back year after year too. Last year I used the coriander from it to make pickled Egyptian walking onion bulbils from the onions I got from you a couple years ago. How awesome is that? They were SO DELICIOUS! I got the blackberry and fig cuttings you sent today. THANK YOU FOR THE BLACKBERRY!!! I didn’t know that my son didn’t bring in the mail last night and they froze over night in the mailbox. It was in the 20’s all night. I hope they all make it! I’m so excited to have them. Right now we have ice and snow outside so it will be a few weeks with them potted indoors.

24. Patti G on August 30, 2021 at 10:56 pm

Good advise! I’m looking forward to growing the seeds I got from you. โค๐Ÿ™

25. Cheryl Fraunhofer on August 30, 2021 at 10:58 pm

I’m shopping in your Etsy store tonight. Can’t wait to grow some of those incredible beans! And I will do my best to save some seeds for the next season, too. Thanks for a great, informative video. I’ve never seen a snake gourd before. Wow.

26. Scubasmitty on August 30, 2021 at 11:00 pm

AS a survivalist, ,,, I don’t put up vids,,,, BUT,,,, I DON’T HAVE ANYTHING growing that I can’t get seeds from,,,,, you are on the right track,,,, have you thought about a walapini????

27. Jennifer Apiary on August 30, 2021 at 11:03 pm

Thanks

28. Granny Frammy on August 30, 2021 at 11:04 pm

very cool-I got a Ruccola wild salat plant that grew all winter and is blooming now in Germany on my balcony in containers..I will save those seeds as well ๐Ÿ˜‰ oh and crazy got a swiss chard plant the 3rd!! season!! I done broke the top off last year and it started banching out to all sides and keeps growing! 3 years non stop growing through the winter! leavy greens all year arund! I will surely save seeds off this one! Perfect for containers if a plant keeps gowing and I dont even have to re plant it again.

29. Anytime Stories on August 30, 2021 at 11:04 pm

Great advice. Thats a good looking selection you have already. Every year more.

30. WildEdibles on August 30, 2021 at 11:04 pm

Great video! Much love xoxox

31. K on August 30, 2021 at 11:05 pm

first! thanks for educating us

32. Pisgah Farms on August 30, 2021 at 11:05 pm

Bought my book today. Woo hoo

33. Hidden Harvest on August 30, 2021 at 11:08 pm

Thanks bub!

34. Bitty Boo's Homestead on August 30, 2021 at 11:11 pm

Oh those are good for sore throats that is good to know. I think I ordered some at least I hope I did lol.

35. Papa Pepper on August 30, 2021 at 11:11 pm

Our Etsy Shop – https://www.etsy.com/shop/PapaPepperHomestead
    WHY WE HOMESTEAD (New Book) – https://www.amazon.com/dp/1709513799 or pick it up in our Etsy shop instead!

36. Dookie Johnstone on August 30, 2021 at 11:12 pm