Garden Mulching & Record Heat

Garden Mulching & Record Heat

I hope you enjoy this vlog while I share what i going on in the spring garden and letting you know about how we homestead on our little one acre homestead.
Here is a link to the EZ Straw I buy off amazon
Is the link to the Dump cart

Here’s a link to get $70 off if you’re interested in the best way to cook this summer

Here is a link to the foot cream

Here is a link to an organic scoby
Here are some sprouting seeds I ordered

Linda’s Pantry
9732 State Route 445 #176
Sparks Nevada 89441

Here is a link the Excalibur

Here is a link to the All American Canner

Here is my email for any contact or transactions.
vanderhoef_1@yahoo.com

Here is a link to my FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/lvanderhoef

And for those of you that want to get great savings on bulk meats click here it’s free.

#Linda’spantry
#makemoney
#zayconfresh

And for you, creators out there go over to Patreon and get real support for your videos.

Go sign up for free over at Zaycon Fresh and save a lot of money on bulk meats.

Here is where you can find me on ROKU

1. Sumthin' Old Sumthin' New on August 31, 2021 at 10:21 pm

When our chickerdoodles start suffering in the heat we mist ’em with the hose. A couple walk away but most of them love it. We don’t drench them, just a cooling mist on the hottest days.

2. suzanne Baker on August 31, 2021 at 10:21 pm

Girl, I am so excited. I got my all american canner today along with my dehydrater. Can’t wait to start canning my Zaycon beef and making chicken jerky.

3. Deborha Smith on August 31, 2021 at 10:22 pm

We have a head of cabbage with a hole drilled clear through the  center of it with a rope down the center and a big knot tied in the end, and with a long rope we let it hang down from the rafter like a swinging ball. Keeps them active in the winter. And in the summer we have a baby pool, the smallest size with water and minnows swimming in it.It entertains them. Some of them catch the minnows and eat them. We just got a xylophone and a kiddie piano to hang in their house for this winter to keep them entertained. Chickens get bored easy and will peck each other. Little crab apples and ice cubes with fruit and such in pool encourage them to drink as they bob for goodies. Another idea I had is to get the double rinse tubs on a stand with the covers for the chicken food to keep farm critters out. Here mice get in the tubs like you have. Everyone teases me about my girls, but that is ok cause I have happy girls…. lol FOOD FOR THOUGHT

4. Flip Flops In The Garden on August 31, 2021 at 10:25 pm

Come on down to Henderson Linda! 117 yesterday and supposed to get it again today and well over 100 the rest of the week.
    My girls like a shallow pan filled with water and a paver in the middle, fill the pan just a little over the top of the paver and they stand on it, messy as all get out, but it does help cool them. I also have a box fan running on high outside the run with a pan of water in front of the fan. Changing their water and giving them cool treats 3-4 times a day too. Full time job trying to keep the girls cool!

5. Oneda Zinn on August 31, 2021 at 10:33 pm

🙂 thanks for the EZ straw tip & it’s been a while since I watched your channel…missed your upbeat & happy personality! Consider yourself blessed that is the only spot the wasps like…at my place we have more wasps than anywhere I’ve ever seen with perhaps 5 different species…and the usual carpenter bees, bees, & jeez I can’t count them all. They all love to find homes in our home >.<

6. Semi Country Living on August 31, 2021 at 10:33 pm

HI Linda, just offering u a little chicken advice…if you can get misters, that would be a good way to keep them cool. If you have electricity then fans will do. Frozen gallon jugs of water to place around the coop is easy and efficient. I would not feed them any scratch. Scratch is more of a winter supplement. You can add electrolytes for chickens in their water. I think I read that kelp will keep them cool too. I wouldn’t do oats either…that’s a heavy winter food. Are you feeding them grower feed or depending on their age or layer feed? Do you let them free range at all in the early evening before it gets dark or early am? They would love it.

7. Wanda Goddard on August 31, 2021 at 10:38 pm

What is your tumbler? I’ve tried to find it. I Love the Green Color

8. Lexi 777 on August 31, 2021 at 10:38 pm

Wasps are pollinators too.🐝

9. Donald Down on August 31, 2021 at 10:41 pm

119 here yesterday in Phoenix glad you do not have to endure that! Your homestead looks great nice to see you having fun. Thank you for all your hard work! Sue

10. What's Cookin Nashville on August 31, 2021 at 10:45 pm

I just ordered from Zaycon for the first time. 80 lbs of chicken breasts and I’m going to can up half of it. 😁

11. Traci Perdue on August 31, 2021 at 10:45 pm

All kinds of yummies!!! Y’all have a good night!!!

12. Peter Stean on August 31, 2021 at 10:46 pm

Weirdly Linda, on the other side of the Atlantic we’ve had our hottest June day in London for over 30 years at 93 degrees. The two things are not connected I’m sure!

13. Car Reyn on August 31, 2021 at 10:46 pm

Had to laugh when you were talking about a kiddy pool for chickens. I learned the hard way we had record high heat one year. I thought I would cool the chickens off. My son had silken chickens I ran a tub of water in a galvanized tub put it in the chicken coupe, I put one chicken in the water and he jumped out. I put the second chicken in and she stayed in, needless to say that chicken drowned. I guess the water soaks their feathers and weighs them down. The other chicken greived itself to death. I have never been able to live that oops down.

14. My Revival on August 31, 2021 at 10:50 pm

I feel ya…It has been 107 – 108 degrees here just over the Sierra Nevadas in the Sacramento basin…

15. CHICKENS BY THE LAKE on August 31, 2021 at 10:51 pm

I am going to try that in the chicken water bowls vinegar and water and in Ediths pool.It is so hot there keep cool.I love to follow you around as you water,seeing all your all the beautiful things growing is so exciting.

16. Angie's Pantry on August 31, 2021 at 10:53 pm

OK I am going to have to get some of the EZ Straw… I put some pine needle mulch on some yet it isn’t working as well as I would like. Thank you for sharing.. Big hugs…

17. Jennifer Talley on August 31, 2021 at 10:54 pm

Have you thought about using metal trash cans for your chicken feed?

18. P A Warren on August 31, 2021 at 10:55 pm

I’d love to know where you got your Saran Wrap cutter, I’m in the UK but they don’t even really have cutters here!

19. lemoncrinckles on August 31, 2021 at 10:55 pm

I think your garden and yard are just wonderful. You are making such good use of the space, both in the ground and pots.

20. Vickie's Country Home on August 31, 2021 at 10:56 pm

Hi Linda, I am so happy to hear that your version of the chicken dish turned out well! I told you it is very forgiving! I can’t wait to hear what other versions come out of it!

21. Lisa D on August 31, 2021 at 10:57 pm

Ms. Linda I just want you to know how much I love your channel! So informative and you are so sweet! Been watching for about a year now 🙂 Please know, I sent a message to you through Instagram! Thank you for your time <3

22. Mustang Elsa's Mama on August 31, 2021 at 10:59 pm

Also soak your feed. Put it in a bucket and fill it with water an inch above the feed. Let it soak overnight. If it’s really warm it will ferment, but that’s fine too.

23. rosie slade on August 31, 2021 at 11:00 pm

check and see if they have worms in a bag for chickens and birds and I bet your chickens will love it

24. B Shaw on August 31, 2021 at 11:02 pm

I boil carrots down and let them and the water cool, then I fill a muffin tray with the water and prices of the soft carrots and make ice treats I can give through the day.

25. dani on August 31, 2021 at 11:03 pm

I love to freeze grapes as a sweet treat in summer.you can also use them in drinks to keep them cool without watering them down.I bet the chick girles would love them.

26. Anita J. on August 31, 2021 at 11:03 pm

Yes! I have the wasp problem! That’s not a fun thing to find out accidentally!

27. sandy smith on August 31, 2021 at 11:05 pm

I can’t wait to see you do more dehydrating when your produce is ready

28. Shesacamper 1 on August 31, 2021 at 11:05 pm

I’m going to buy some EZ Straw tomorrow and use it on my raised bed. Great video Linda! Thanks!!

29. COCO NOelle on August 31, 2021 at 11:07 pm

HAHA Tinsel!! Made us laugh!! Hope you all can keep cool!… CAN’T EVEN!!

30. Janine Gober on August 31, 2021 at 11:08 pm

Linda, I get excited over Costco toilet paper, lol!

31. Romelia Polly on August 31, 2021 at 11:08 pm

Nice video. However you should take instructions from woodprix website if you want to learn how to make it easily.

32. Becky Napier on August 31, 2021 at 11:08 pm

Frozen 2 liter or milk jugs of water for my chickens. Sometimes I cut the plastic away so they can peck at the ice.

33. Christie Betts on August 31, 2021 at 11:09 pm

We had to put our chicken feed and dog food in galvaized can this past winter because rodents showed up,UGH! Our cat had disappeared.I know the girls really enjoyed that melon in the heat.I always feed my girls early when it’s hot,give them a snack late.It heats them up digesting food.

34. Anita Towne on August 31, 2021 at 11:13 pm

Our heat index has been well over 100 for about a week or so here in South Texas. Whew it’s hot! Thanks Linda for all you do!

35. Mustang Elsa's Mama on August 31, 2021 at 11:14 pm

I save every water bottle and milk jug. Fill with water and freeze, then put them out for the girlie to roost around. I live in AZ we are 117 the past few days and my girls aren’t even panting.

36. Patricia Ribaric on August 31, 2021 at 11:14 pm

Oh my does dinner look delicious!!! We are 75 F near Cleveland. I am so hungry after seeing your dinner!!!

37. Donna Locke on August 31, 2021 at 11:15 pm

My dog got sick from bacteria in a hose that I filled outside water dish ,and lost me letting the dog drink from hose . Had to take dog to get vet. couldn’t eat for a whole day,and lethargic. Your dogs never seem sick . Your lucky ,and they are lucky to have you too…

38. Diane - The Canning Nana on August 31, 2021 at 11:17 pm

Linda, I’m in Ventura, Ca. where today is the first day in over a week it isn’t foggy and misting! My garden loves it though! We are in our own little micro climate and garden year round💗 Sunny and 72° today

39. Alli Oakley on August 31, 2021 at 11:18 pm

I wish my dog would eat veggies like yours.