9 Herbs You Can Grow In Water Over And Over Again For Endless Supply

9 Herbs You Can Grow In Water Over And Over Again For Endless Supply

If you have a glass jar and access to fresh water, you can grow a supply of herbs in water right on your windowsill! While any medium -sized container will do, Mason Jars are particularly cute! Growing procedure for all the herbs is the same. Simply take some healthy, fresh cuttings – Leaving just two sets of leaves at the top of each cutting, and remove the remaining leaves. Then, submerge the cuttings in a few inches of clean-water.
Here is a list of such herbs.

1. Peppermint
Grow peppermint in a jar and snip off a bit to make herbal tea, oil or soup. You can also just enjoy the sweet scent of this fragrant herb Peppermint does well in partially sunny or shady windows.

2. Oregano
You can use fresh oregano straight in pasta sauces, soups and other savory dishes. Just use a pair of kitchen scissors to gently remove a few leaves from the stem. Oregano can grow quite large, so keep an eye on your plant.

3. Sage
Sage has a flavorful scent which makes it a popular choice for holistic purposes. You can also use sage with eggs, chicken, lamb or pineapple. Snip as much as you need and add it to your favorite dish. Sage doesn’t need a ton of water and should be kept in moderate sunlight

4. Basil
This popular Italian herb grows well in water and can be used in many different recipes including sauces and soups. Make sure your basil jar gets about 6-8 hours of sunlight per day.

5. Stevia
This hardy herb prefers a bit of sun but can grow just as well in shadier areas. You can use the leaves off of this herb to sweeten your tea of coffee naturally! You can also create a powder from the leaves to use as a sweetener too.

6.Thyme
Thyme is a versatile herb. It will flower or you can harvest them before they flower, hang the stems to dry the leaves and then remove the leaves to use in cooking. Thyme needs plenty of sunlight, so set those jars in a bright window.

7.Rosemary
This flavorful herb does well in sunlight or partially shaded areas. It will grow better in full sunlight though. Use your growing’s to spice up your favorite chicken dish!

8.Lemon Balm
You can use the lemon balm herb to create an herbal tea that helps reduce anxiety, relieve symptoms of indigestion and helps make sleep a little easier to come by. Give this plant plenty of sunlight.

9.Chives
This onion family member is super easy to grow and you can use it in a ton of dishes. Make sure this herb has plenty of water and sunlight for best growth results.

For Continues harvest of your herbs, try adding hydroponic nutrients to the water to give your herb a nutrient boost.

Now, Have you ever grown herbs in a jar?
Please share your experience in the comments below

NOTE: The materials and the information contained on Natural ways channel are provided for general and educational purposes only and do not constitute any legal, medical or other professional advice on any subject matter. None of the information on our videos is a substitute for a diagnosis and treatment by your health professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new diet or treatment and with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, promptly contact your health care provide.

google plus: https://plus.google.com/b/113379601003474436812/113379601003474436812

Images licensed under Creative Commons:
www.wikihow.com
canstockphoto.com
www.pixabay.com
Pinterest

1. Painthacker on September 6, 2021 at 10:41 pm

I’d like to know how to grow the herbs in jars like in the main photo. What are those things the plants are in? I’ve never seen mason jars like that.

2. Ben Buckley on September 6, 2021 at 10:41 pm

Autoflowering cannanis is also a herb you can grow in a well lit window , not a high yeild meaning personal supply only

3. J S on September 6, 2021 at 10:45 pm

Peppermint
    Oregano
    Sage
    Basil
    Stevia
    Thyme
    Rosemary

4. Planetary Queen on September 6, 2021 at 10:46 pm

In reality they grow all by itself
    I had a green onions in water u cut a few tips and few days latter had more and more

Belie e it works

5. Ren sacred on September 6, 2021 at 10:47 pm

For best results. I used rain water.

6. runningfromtheherd on September 6, 2021 at 10:49 pm

Looking for how to grow cilantro. Why this showed up I have no idea

7. you know them round circle things . on September 6, 2021 at 10:50 pm

Witch 🧙 one is best?

8. rockin roller on September 6, 2021 at 10:50 pm

What the heck is an ‘urb’? HERB is pronounced as HURB including the letter H, "H" is not silent as far as im aware.

9. alan rathbone on September 6, 2021 at 10:53 pm

ERB!!! CUTE!!

10. Anita Thompson on September 6, 2021 at 10:54 pm

Thank you for sharing have a great awesome wonderful day today in our LORD GOD and SAVOR JESUS CHRIST bye

11. L SP on September 6, 2021 at 10:54 pm

Getya Errrbs, we got baysil, oraganno, tyme, erbal tea, Erbs in da jar, Erbs in da yard! 😁

12. dani hesslinger on September 6, 2021 at 10:55 pm

Sorry, but chives and rosemary don’t work, and I am doubtful of sage. Chives need a little bulb to sprout roots, and rosemary and sage are actually kind of shrubs; i.e. their stem gets woody over time. So propagating the latter two in water is very difficult, because it needs special cuts into the fresh wooden part. Mints and basil grow roots easily in water. But why are you folks so lazy? Why not plant the herbs in pots, once they sprout roots? Your harvest will be much bigger if you harvest them correctly.

13. Vanessa Knight on September 6, 2021 at 10:56 pm

Can you tell me what is the object that is in the Mason jars right under the lids? Thanks for the idea

14. Thomas Fitzpatrick on September 6, 2021 at 10:57 pm

I started growing scallions out of curiosity and because I can never get enough of them. Cut off the top third of the stem for your salad then plop them in a jar of water and put under a strong light in the kitchen or on a sunny window sill. The center will grow every day so cut them as you need them. Eventually they grow thinner but will have more juice.

15. Gayatri Saravanan on September 6, 2021 at 10:57 pm

no, I had never grown herbs in a jar. this video helped me slot to increase my knowledge.

16. bEllE on September 6, 2021 at 10:58 pm

was hoping for scent leafs

17. debbie haythe on September 6, 2021 at 11:01 pm

Everytime I have tried , it hasn’t grown. I hope this time it will. You gave lots of info in a short time, but you sounded unreal. Is this a real voice or computer. Just curious.

18. Rico Ochoa on September 6, 2021 at 11:02 pm

Come for the video. Learn more on the comments. Thanks youtube fam

19. Jean Clark on September 6, 2021 at 11:03 pm

Basil…my favorite!

20. Music and Sound on September 6, 2021 at 11:03 pm

I hate how Herb pronounce ERB!!

21. Jeff Clegg on September 6, 2021 at 11:06 pm

I just started growing herbs as indoor plants that I take outside when the sun is out. My first 3 herbs are rosemary, basil and mint (although I’m not sure what the variety of mint is). I have a 4th herb, en route from Australia, called Brahmi (which I believe is also known as moneywart). So far, easy to care for: monitor for proper water amounts and proper amounts of sunlight. I enjoyed this video as it is short, to the point and informative.

22. Bethany Day on September 6, 2021 at 11:06 pm

Guys, these plants will not just start growing roots in a glass of water. HERBS DO NOT JUST START GROWING ROOTS in water. Only the alliums will, alliums are green onions, leeks, chives. Basil, Mint, Thyme, none of these will begin growing roots in just a glass of water. You will have to put rooting solution/gel on the end of the cuttings and put nutrients in the water.
    Though this is a good method to keep your herbs fresh until you use them. Some are best to put in a glass with a bit of water and into the fridge while others like basil are best to put in some water and leave out of the fridge.

23. George Alderson on September 6, 2021 at 11:06 pm

In thyme I hope to be sage

24. TK omo on September 6, 2021 at 11:07 pm

Here is a powerful and effective herbs in getting rid of hsv1 and 2 for just 14 days. I made use of the herbs and it’s work indeed. Contact drokohcuringherpes@gmail.com ‘he helps in getting rid of herpes virus. Also get the herbs in getting rid of Hsv1 and 2, Grave Disease, Hpv, Cold sores, Lupus, HIV, Genital warts, Diabetes etc. His herbs are very effective and powerful WhatsApp him at +2348159907568

25. Alex Orman on September 6, 2021 at 11:07 pm

Nobody:
    Americans: U R B S

26. Dianne Helton on September 6, 2021 at 11:09 pm

What is the container inside the glass jar? Is it filled with dirt?

27. Garry Monji on September 6, 2021 at 11:13 pm

What hydroponic food so you add to herb cuttings being grown in water. I am a newbee

28. Jamie Cee49 on September 6, 2021 at 11:14 pm

Mom use to grow mint in the garden. I want to learn to grow it indoors.

29. Anthonia Derrickson on September 6, 2021 at 11:15 pm

Natural herbs have cured so many illnesses that drugs and injection can’t cure. I’ve seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people’s lives. I read people’s testi- monies online on how they were cured of herpes, hiv, diabetics etc by  Dr Elinfoh  herbal medicine, so I decided to contact the doctor because I know nature has the power to heal anything. I was diagnosed with herpes for the past 5 years but dr elinfoh cured me with his herbs and I referred my aunt and her husband to him immediately because they were both suffering from herpes and they were cured too .I know it is hard to believe but am a living testimony. There is no harm trying herbs. Contact email. Natural herbs have cured so many illnesses that drugs and injection can’t cure. I’ve seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people’s lives. I read people"s testi- monies online on how they were cured of herpes, hiv, diabetics etc by Dr ELINFOH herbal medicine . drelinfohherbalhome@gmail.com  ,So I decided to contact the doctor because I know nature has the power to heal anything. I was diagnosed with herpes for the past 5 years but dr.Elinfoh cured me with his herbs and I referred my aunt and her husband to him immediately because they were both suffering from herpes and they were cured too .I know it is hard to believe but I am a living testimony. There is no harm trying herbs. Contact email drelinfohherbalhome@gmail.com

for a solution to your problem or  .Stay blessed. Stay blessed.

30. Spaide man on September 6, 2021 at 11:17 pm

in plain water? impossible.

31. Rajsinh Barad on September 6, 2021 at 11:19 pm

Basil is not an Italian herb.

32. Andre Fecteau on September 6, 2021 at 11:19 pm

use rainwater for the water….

33. Sara Rockafella on September 6, 2021 at 11:19 pm

Sage causes miscarriages. Brings on menstrual bleeding.

34. Gabriel Kawa on September 6, 2021 at 11:20 pm

Thanks for making this video. You have a new subscriber

35. Pabs on September 6, 2021 at 11:20 pm

Herb. Not erb.

36. Seekthetruth7 on September 6, 2021 at 11:21 pm

Can i do this outside? I don’t have any windows with a lot of sunlight.

37. Tim Yung on September 6, 2021 at 11:21 pm

U make it sound so easy🙄. I tried many ways growing them in water to soil as u suggested, from packet seeds to cuttings, from rich soil to sandy soil, sun to shadesetc n somehow my fingers not green enough😱. Still searching my soul for right formula. They just keep turning brown particularly Thymes. Hv some mild sucess with mint, basil, rosemary but that’s it. Live in UK. 😬

38. Gearoid Daly on September 6, 2021 at 11:22 pm

Erb

39. Anwar Ibrahim on September 6, 2021 at 11:24 pm

What about Parlsley?

40. Augusta Hevesi-Nagy on September 6, 2021 at 11:26 pm

Thank -You 💐 Without Your Wonderful Guidance I Would Never Have Learn’t To Appreciate The Full Value Of Fresh Herbs Using Your Simple Idea With Just a Glass Jar.Its a Great Help!👍

41. Climate Protection on September 6, 2021 at 11:26 pm

Horrible voice

42. Anticlickbait on September 6, 2021 at 11:32 pm

The only one I have is mint. It even had a visitor last summer! It was a Mint Beetle. It was so beautiful with his shiny green 🤩😍

43. pjrscge zitbfdr on September 6, 2021 at 11:32 pm

The unbecoming cabinet phytochemically flood because workshop rarely cough into a enchanting denim. cuddly, wealthy staircase

44. Jocelyn Tee on September 6, 2021 at 11:36 pm

Hi, may I know how about Parsley? Can it grow into water as well? Thanks

45. Tsanel Juan on September 6, 2021 at 11:37 pm

thanks for sharing..

46. John William on September 6, 2021 at 11:39 pm

Thank to Dr oyakhire for helping me to cure my Herpes disease, if you what to be free from your problem please try to get him on his email;droyakhire7@gmail.com or whatsapp; +2349039208180 and he can also cure any disease.

47. Leslie Jordan on September 6, 2021 at 11:39 pm

I was able to get rid of my hsv through the help of Dr okosun on YouTube, search for Dr okosun on YouTube and get get your healing.

48. michieff on September 6, 2021 at 11:39 pm

Growing herbs in a jar is begging for algae. They should be grown in a panted container or pot.

49. Bernie Mackowiak on September 6, 2021 at 11:40 pm

Is adding Miracle Grow to the water a good idea? ?