The Best Garden Seed Catalogs

The Best Garden Seed Catalogs

The best garden seed catalogs have important benefits in common. They have accurate and beautiful photos of plants, vegetables, and fruits from each seed offered. They are filled with information about how to grow plants and use harvests. They are easy to use and wonderful to look through. Gardener Scott reviews a number of popular seed catalogs and then highlights his selection of the top five garden seed catalogs. (Video #117)

To order your own garden catalog:

Seed Savers Exchange: https://www.seedsavers.org/
High Mowing Organic Seeds: https://www.highmowingseeds.com/
Johnny’s Selected Seeds: https://www.johnnyseeds.com/
Territorial Seed Company: https://territorialseed.com/
Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds: https://www.rareseeds.com/

Annie’s Heirloom Seeds: https://www.anniesheirloomseeds.com/
Select Seeds: https://www.selectseeds.com/
Jung Seeds & Plants: https://www.jungseed.com/

#EverythingGardening #GardenerScott

You can help support the GardenerScott channel in three ways and it won’t cost you anything:

1.) Be part of the community by liking videos, subscribing, clicking the bell, commenting, and sharing.

2.) Watch the ads whenever you can. It just takes a few seconds and helps me a lot.

3.) If you use Amazon and want to buy anything at all, click through with this link: http://www.amazon.com/?tag=gardenerscott-20

It doesn’t cost you any extra, but it helps me pay for plants, gardening supplies, and all of the other costs associated with running a YouTube channel.

Thank you for your support!

1. Seth Suncloud on September 6, 2021 at 10:23 pm

Enjoyed your video and really like your channel. I’m very familiar with many of the catalogs you featured and have ordered from many in the past and have been pleased. I do think you’d like Pinetree Garden Seeds out of Maine. Great prices and some unusual plants and flowers I’ve tried like African foxgloves and tobacco. If someone is really interested in different watermelons I’d recommend Wilhite’s out of Texas…

2. Talbot School on September 6, 2021 at 10:23 pm

Christmas best boys

3. Susan E on September 6, 2021 at 10:24 pm

Thank you for this information! For several years I’ve only ordered online, but I’m going to get on these mailing lists.
    I’ve found good seed bargains with free or minimal shipping costs on eBay and Etsy. Just be sure to search for seeds coming from the United States (or Canada, etc. wherever you are), and check the sellers’ reviews. Or you can order from other countries – just pay attention. 😁

4. s andy on September 6, 2021 at 10:26 pm

thanks for the review on Territorial seed, i created a sizeable wish list while i wait for the catalog. they have the ornamental kale i’ve been looking for.

5. clara de Jong on September 6, 2021 at 10:26 pm

I live in Winnipeg, Canada. I want to start growing inside. Microgreens specially, and start my seedlings. I find that ordering from USA catalogs is more expensive for the shipping cost. Any good Canadian cataloges?

6. Help With Food Storage on September 6, 2021 at 10:26 pm

Seed Catalogs and Best Sources.

7. Andrea Greenhill on September 6, 2021 at 10:27 pm

Thank you so much! You’re a wealth of information 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

8. Tom Stewart on September 6, 2021 at 10:28 pm

Thanks for all the info.

9. Karen Weekes on September 6, 2021 at 10:32 pm

Good evening happy new year’s mr Robert I will like to get that books I live in the Caribbean that Trinidad and Tobago can I plant them in my country please let me know

10. orchidjewels48 on September 6, 2021 at 10:33 pm

Yep, I love Baker Creek. I’ve found some terrific melons and cucumbers there. They have great tomatoes. The Green Zebra and Emerald Evergreen are the best I’ve tasted. I do grow hybrid paste tomatoes for the production. I wish I could grow squash. We love them, but we have a problem with 2 spotted spider mites that I can’t find a solution for. They get my beans in hot years, but I can grow early varieties and beat them most years.

11. Ohiogardengoddess 1984 on September 6, 2021 at 10:35 pm

Burpee seeds has a nice catalog and their seeds are popular in the lowes, menards, Walmart etc in my area as well.

12. Damian Daniels on September 6, 2021 at 10:36 pm

What’s your opinion of "The Whole Seed Catalog" ? To someone like myself, a new dumb gardener, it has great visual appeal. It gives great visual what could have been of all the seeds that I have killed and sacrificed over the years.

13. SV Manju SV Manju on September 6, 2021 at 10:36 pm

Sar farin crp 90 to 120deys

14. C-String on September 6, 2021 at 10:36 pm

High Mowing, Territorial and Baker Creek have been my go-to sources for the last 8 years and have always done very well. Select Seeds is where I get most of my flower seeds and I usually use Jung to fill in any gaps, if there’s something specific I want but can’t find in the others. I’ve got a setup in the basement that allows me to handle around 1300 starts, so sometimes I get a little crazy. 🙂

15. Susan Shufelt on September 6, 2021 at 10:37 pm

Another catalog to add if you are into tomatoes is Totally Tomatoes. So many varieties. Large to patio sizes. Also has a great selection of peppers and cucumbers .

16. Maurgan McGregor on September 6, 2021 at 10:37 pm

I’m in Canada, my favorite catalogue is West Coast Seeds from British Columbia. It ticks all the boxes – tons of info; transplanting schedules, notes on what varieties are suited to coastal conditions vs prairie, pests, companion planting, notable flavour profiles, as well as photos for all plants. Their website complements the catalogue nicely, as well. The 2021 catalogue and I have been inseparable since it arrived in the mail 2 months ago

17. Randa Srouji on September 6, 2021 at 10:39 pm

Thank you, Mr. Scott, for the valuable information you listing to have these catalogs.

18. Debbie Moore on September 6, 2021 at 10:40 pm

Have you ever order from MIgardner They have pkg seeds for .99 cents

19. Books Forever on September 6, 2021 at 10:41 pm

Renee’s Garden ships their seeds via slow boat and 2/3 of my order is missing. I placed one of my orders (3 seed packets) on 01/12/21 and supposedly they shipped on 01/23/21. I only received 1 seed packet on 01/29/21. Their customer service is horrible and shipping is worse!

20. Chandra White on September 6, 2021 at 10:41 pm

If I need more info I go to SeedsNow’s website and they gave growing guides on basically every seed, vegetable, and herb

21. Peyton Wind on September 6, 2021 at 10:41 pm

I don’t garden every year. I really like Seed Savers and what they do. When I’m not buying seeds from them, I’m buying a t-shirt. It’s difficult for me to receive something for nothing so I send them a donation to at least cover the cost of the nice catalog I receive every year.

22. Craig Atchison on September 6, 2021 at 10:43 pm

I like your deliberate, relaxed style. I can understand everything u say the first time…keep up the good shows

23. Craig Atchison on September 6, 2021 at 10:45 pm

What about Burpee seed catalog?

24. TheSimpleLife on September 6, 2021 at 10:47 pm

Unfortunately I’m going to be biased on this one only because I live next door to Johnny seeds LOL

25. Hosam Thabit on September 6, 2021 at 10:50 pm

I was so excited that I bought 34 kinds of seeds From trueleafmarket. I did not know that every seed has a season, and I cannot plant it anytime I want. mistake I learned

26. Marigold 11 on September 6, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Baker Creek is also my favorite catalog love the pictures. Pinetree garden seeds catalog is also interesting.

27. Rocco Conte on September 6, 2021 at 10:54 pm

I always got excited as a young kid when the seed catalogs starting comeing in the mail during the winter and still due over 50 years later , love looking threw them and picking out seeds.

28. Sally Merrell on September 6, 2021 at 10:56 pm

Gurney’s Seeds

29. Don Birkholz on September 6, 2021 at 10:56 pm

I grow a lot of melons and the two best for that are Twilley’s, and Willhite.

30. Tammy Hann on September 6, 2021 at 10:58 pm

Thankyou very much for all the awesome videos, I really like ROHRER Seeds, great catalog and seeds I’ve been ordering from them a few years now and they take orders over the phone as well as on line but there so willing 2 help and answer any questions

31. Larry Rasmussen on September 6, 2021 at 10:58 pm

One of my favorite catalogs is Seed Savers Exchange located in Decorah, Iowa. I tend to have good experience with their seeds. I especially like the historical synopsis on the Seed Saver seed packets. I also like the seeds from MI Gardener. I enjoy taking a bit of time listening to both you and Luke, from MI Gardener to learn more about gardening and tricks of the trade! LyNette, Golden, CO

32. Kathy Skinner on September 6, 2021 at 10:59 pm

Thank you Scott, I just ordered all of your favs! I already had Baker Creek! I will say that MIGardener doesn’t have a catalog, but he does have 450 types of seeds online and his seeds are only 99cents per packet! I have had great success with his seeds also! Almost 100% germination!

33. Jenny Simon on September 6, 2021 at 11:00 pm

Baker creek wants $25 bucks for their catalogs now 🙁 As a gardener with not that much space ready to go and not that much experience .. they are sold out anyways of the catalogs. Hopefully I will have better luck elsewhere. A lot are sold out.

34. Jeffrey Moody on September 6, 2021 at 11:01 pm

Rareseeds.com is baker creek so I order from there after I look at their catalog. I also order from seedsaver.org after looking at their catalog.

35. Seedaholic Gardens on September 6, 2021 at 11:01 pm

i just found out SSE did a catalog this year, despite having ordered from them before. It’s gorgeous ans useful as well, I was gobsmacked! As a Seedaholic I, too get them all but generally only order from a few. Thanks for the review, Scott!

36. Mike’s Bees and Garden on September 6, 2021 at 11:01 pm

Hello Scott. We have been gardening for many years but my wife and I have recently started watching your videos and learning a lot. We have purchased quite a few seeds and raspberry and blueberry bushes from Gurneys and wondered your opinion of them?

37. prepper chris 1 on September 6, 2021 at 11:02 pm

ty mr scott

38. Charles Stock on September 6, 2021 at 11:06 pm

I have experience with Johnnys andTerritorial and the information within has been very valuable to me as a beginner gardener. I subscribed to the Highmow and others from your links as I am a supporter of Organic farming and supporting of family businesses. Thanks

39. DeWayne Olson on September 6, 2021 at 11:07 pm

I have orderEd catalogs, but never received any. What can I do to get them?

40. Music Easel Cat on September 6, 2021 at 11:07 pm

A good one is on the internet.

41. Sally Merrell on September 6, 2021 at 11:08 pm

Johnny’s Selected Seeds, Winslow, Maine

42. Mitchell Wineland on September 6, 2021 at 11:08 pm

Jung Seed Company is the only seed Company that i like to buy from ive bought from Jung for quite a few years now & get lots of good yields – harvests from each type of Vegetable seed packets i buy, Jung Seed Company #1

43. Anne G on September 6, 2021 at 11:14 pm

I wish seed companies would add intercrop information with each plant description. For example planting basil under tomato plants with onion and carrots close by tomatoes. They would sell more seeds too.

44. David Rizza on September 6, 2021 at 11:16 pm

My wife and I have been gardening for 40 years and my dad introduced me to two companies Stokes and Parks. Stokes is more for farmers less pictures more words. But lately we have been Johnny’s faithful. Thanks Scott

45. SV Manju SV Manju on September 6, 2021 at 11:16 pm

Sar l am s v Manjunatha from in indian .

46. Laura W. on September 6, 2021 at 11:17 pm

Thank you! Just the info I was looking for. So glad to have found your channel. Bless

47. Project100 on September 6, 2021 at 11:18 pm

Great stuff on seed catalogs! I read through the comments after watching the video and now I have a dozen catalogs requested. So that’s my winter reading list sorted 😁

Any recommendations for plant sources? I’m looking for fruit plants like thornless blackberry, blueberry, and maybe even a few hardy fig trees.

48. Bergfrid Skaara Dias on September 6, 2021 at 11:18 pm

does any of these ship their catalog and seed packs international?

49. VivianfFurlow on September 6, 2021 at 11:18 pm

Bakers Creek and Migardener and just ordered from Ty Ty Nurseries Vert informative

50. Sosueet on September 6, 2021 at 11:21 pm

I feel like a lot of catalogs fail, in that they do not show what the foliage looks like, but only the flower/fruit. It seems like valuable information to me >.>