GARDEN TOUR: Family Friendly Backyard Landscaping Ideas | Linda Vater

GARDEN TOUR: Family Friendly Backyard Landscaping Ideas | Linda Vater

Backyard Garden Tour!! This weekend I visited a garden with which I have lots of experience. It belongs to my friend Elaine, a neighbor and excellent gardener… and fellow mom carpooler when our kids were little. On the spur of the moment, I asked her if Stewart and I could come over and conduct a video tour of her beautiful backyard… Complete with a small herb garden. Treehouse. Outdoor fireplace and dining area. Whew!

So many great ideas to steal in this video, my friends. You will want to take notes! Both big statements and little touches. Hope you enjoy it and if you do make sure to like it, subscribe and forward to someone who might get some ideas from this wonderful family space!

Also, make sure to watch the container video we did earlier in the year with plants from the southern living plant collection.

Southern Living Plant Collection Video:

– English Holly

Website: https://www.lindavater.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/potagerblog/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LindaVaterGardens/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/lindapotager/

1. Moonstone on September 9, 2021 at 10:40 pm

Good neighbors prune their trees, especially when they abut your property.

2. Regina Wilson on September 9, 2021 at 10:42 pm

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

3. charlie way on September 9, 2021 at 10:44 pm

You’re my inspiration!…I’m following you in Pinterest…

4. Trish Ferrer on September 9, 2021 at 10:44 pm

Enjoying this! I have a lot of nandina that has horribly invaded our burberry or whatever the pretty bushes are (green with rich red on top). I have a few other nandinas that I have sculpted into pretty shapes. Everyone tells me that nandina berries are toxic to birds. Some ppl say no… I don’t know who/what to believe.

5. BRITTANY LE on September 9, 2021 at 10:45 pm

love love love …..this garden. thanks Linda

6. Godschildyes Brown on September 9, 2021 at 10:46 pm

Elaine, your garden is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing! 🙏💖😊

7. Suzi Smith on September 9, 2021 at 10:46 pm

What a lovely garden.? Thanks for sharing. Just 💘 it

8. Christina LW28 on September 9, 2021 at 10:48 pm

Fortunate to have a gardening friend. Neighbors regard me from afar. 🙄

9. Karen Hill on September 9, 2021 at 10:50 pm

HAPPY EASTER..2021….lovely…………….

10. Victoria Ring on September 9, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Love to hear chimes.

11. Francis Mausley on September 9, 2021 at 10:53 pm

Very tasteful small touches… "It is natural for the heart and spirit to take pleasure and enjoyment in all things that show forth symmetry, harmony, and perfection. For instance: a beautiful house, a well designed garden, a symmetrical line,.." ~ Abdul-Baha, Baha’i Faith

12. Karen Hill on September 9, 2021 at 10:53 pm

CUTE outfit………Our Redeemer Lives..! Its Easter Sunday……….enjoyed very much….LOVELY…..🙏

13. RawSunNata on September 9, 2021 at 10:55 pm

Do you have artificial grass or the real ?

14. Virginia Spindle on September 9, 2021 at 10:55 pm

I also love garden ornaments. My hubby calls them yard knick knacks. I have to say I have influenced others to add things to their gardens, as well.

15. Charlene Kociuba on September 9, 2021 at 10:56 pm

Thank you for showing this garden and the different features. This gives me ideas.

16. Sherree Harris on September 9, 2021 at 10:56 pm

Oh my….this was soo wonderful….my sweet friend sent me the link to your videos..I’m hooked!! We live in Yukon…and I’m amazed at everything growing in these gardens! Can’t wait to learn more! Love your sweet spirit! God bless you!💕💐

17. linda currey on September 9, 2021 at 10:57 pm

I just found your. Home and tour it is beautiful and so peaceful and we so need this I do any way. I will be keeping up with you think you ky Linda

18. Karen Hill on September 9, 2021 at 10:57 pm

I use broken pcs of pots 2 alleviate pots…also i 2 collect" some rock fr my boys Scout trips……loved all her yard…old vintage green motel" chair..love…im in WTexas..VERY HARSH enviroment….monkeygrass ! Yes going to get..soom LOVE the variegated…do have a huge upright rosemary…im proud of…..so pretty & charming…spheres boxwood……i rack my brain here .OLD property…..tryin to make pretty….found mulch just aa ground cover..& sedums..also adore just plain " lattice panels……!’ty Linda for tip s…& love thefinial" on posts!! Does look better.!!! So charming

19. Sinu Arjun on September 9, 2021 at 10:58 pm

Frm kerala

20. Beth Daghfal on September 9, 2021 at 10:58 pm

Late to this party…But I love what she did with her burning bushes… Is it too late when a burning bush is already mature to prune it like that??

21. Julie Hall on September 9, 2021 at 11:03 pm

Everything you do is beautiful, but it does sound a little arrogant to keep saying/implying that she mimics you in her garden design. Why not just say the garden style instead of, again, implying you invented it?

22. Ingrid Dossa on September 9, 2021 at 11:04 pm

You are talking to long , make it short, lets se the garden.

23. Judith Downing on September 9, 2021 at 11:08 pm

Your good friend has a nice yard . I do love yours. I loved her fireplace hangout. I do some of the things you both do. Loved the tours.

24. Sharon Giles on September 9, 2021 at 11:09 pm

Love

25. Margaret Mojica on September 9, 2021 at 11:10 pm

This is such a beautiful back garden. Thank you and your friend Elaine for showing it to us. My one complaint is that it is a little depressing because of the lack of sun. I would take out one tree, probably the one next to the wood pile, to allow more sunlight. I especially like the finials on the fence posts. I am going to replace a decorative fence in my front courtyard and I think I will put finials on the top of the posts, instead of cutting the tops like a pyramid. It gives the fence a more finished look. i am starting a plan to tear out most of my (very small 62′ wide x 33′ feet deep) back garden and I never thought of looking at it from any angle other than from the house or to divide it into areas.

26. Sophie Matern on September 9, 2021 at 11:10 pm

Fabulous garden and tour tips 🇨🇦

27. Cheryl Monopoli on September 9, 2021 at 11:12 pm

Hello, I am watching from Adelaide in Australia. I love my garden although it’s nowhere near as grand as the ones I have been watching you tour. I came across your videos by accident and I have subscribed because I have enjoyed binging your videos!! Thank you, Cheryl

28. Rosalie Gardner on September 9, 2021 at 11:14 pm

The pathetic ptarmigan fascinatingly tip because ethiopia experimentally multiply on a holistic chemistry. endurable, endurable grandfather

29. 7D on September 9, 2021 at 11:14 pm

Beautiful backyard and lots of plants! Love it. Please have your friend sharing the maintenance routines to keep it looking good. I wonder she has an irrigation system installed in her backyard. By the way, in my town, city collects green wastes such as leaves, grass etc from neighborhoods. Then they make/distribute compost and mulches in the public parks where citizens can come to get them for free. Hope your town would do that too.

30. Schuyler on September 9, 2021 at 11:15 pm

Has your friend seen Bunny Guinness’ channel about planters? She cleverly cuts out the bottom of decorative planters (including clay) so large specimens can grow into the earth and thrive.

31. Lee Travathan on September 9, 2021 at 11:15 pm

I prune all of my bushes into a tree form and I love it that you talked about this. The effect is awesome in this garden. Love it!

32. leticia vallejo on September 9, 2021 at 11:15 pm

Great tour…so beautiful❗Thank you❗

33. Peg Burke on September 9, 2021 at 11:16 pm

SO GLAD you are taking us on tours of other gardens. Loving this!

34. Flower Patch Farmhouse on September 9, 2021 at 11:17 pm

Thank you for this tour. I gleaned some really great inspiration for areas in my own garden that I have been stumped by!

35. Philip Hernane Nervida on September 9, 2021 at 11:17 pm

Very Beautiful garden 💤 I do really like the settings of it 👌very well organised 💥💫👍

36. Alina on September 9, 2021 at 11:18 pm

Like this if you want to see Stuart.

37. Lauri Snipes on September 9, 2021 at 11:20 pm

I love the little garden . I will use it as a model for my tiny garden in front of my little 1924 story book cottage. Thankyou!

38. MI A on September 9, 2021 at 11:22 pm

Love the tour ❤️

39. Stormy Weather on September 9, 2021 at 11:26 pm

Love Black eyed Susans. Mine only lasted 2 summers. There,s a new pinky one that,s gorg.

40. Rachel Turner on September 9, 2021 at 11:26 pm

I’m so happy to see I’m not the only one who uses bungee cords to hold up limbs 😂

41. Shirley J. Davis on September 9, 2021 at 11:26 pm

What is lvtb ? Never heard of it

42. Liz Raper on September 9, 2021 at 11:27 pm

I think at some point you need to do an outtake video…. put ‘the tree’ snip in 🙋‍♀️

43. Grafting Tactick on September 9, 2021 at 11:28 pm

A..M..A..Z..I..N..G 😍 😍

44. wendyc hetherington on September 9, 2021 at 11:29 pm

Irish moss would look really pretty between ALL that stone

45. Lois Huff on September 9, 2021 at 11:30 pm

Love it!

46. fudge on September 9, 2021 at 11:33 pm

Excellent filming Stuart!

47. Priya California Diaries on September 9, 2021 at 11:34 pm
  48. Amy Hoff on September 9, 2021 at 11:35 pm

Love Elaine’s Garden Oasis

49. MI A on September 9, 2021 at 11:38 pm

Love the tour ❤️

50. Patricia Edoley on September 9, 2021 at 11:40 pm

When is the makeover and where?