NEVER pull a Garden Weed AGAIN! This ONE THING makes it possible!

NEVER pull a Garden Weed AGAIN! This ONE THING makes it possible!

Garden season is coming and SO ARE THE WEEDS! But, we have found an AMAZING solution to all of those weeds which makes gardening SO enjoyable. Today we share with you our secret to easy gardening without the hours of back-breaking weeding in the heat!

#growyourown #gardening #organic #growfood #stayhome #withme

To see the products we use and recommend from Amazon visit our Amazon Store at: https://www.amazon.com/shop/livingtraditionshomestead

Inergy Solar Generator (The solar generator we use to run our milker and our guest cabin.) https://glnk.io/p5q/living-traditions-homestead

If you would like to support the homestead AND receive exclusive videos, blog posts and discounts for our Etsy shop consider supporting us on Patreon. https://www.patreon.com/livingtraditionshomestead

You can also support us through PayPal at:
info@livingtraditionshomestead.com

Also check out our Etsy Store for handmade items from the homestead: https://www.etsy.com/shop/LivingTraditionsMO

Our new rabbit cookbook can be found here:
Printed Copy: http://bit.ly/rabbitcookbook
Amazon Kindle Version: http://amzn.to/2zelDTu

****** Connect with Us! We’d Love to get to know you! ******

Website: www.LivingTraditionsHomestead.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/livingtraditionshomestead

Instagram: instagram.com/living_traditions

****** Email Us ******

info@livingtraditionshomestead.com

Send Snail Mail to:

Living Traditions Homestead
PO Box 323
Ava, MO 65608

****** About Living Traditions Homestead ******

Living Traditions Homestead is all about living a simple and sustainable way of life. We believe the world has gotten too “busy” and that people are missing out on many of the true blessings this world has to offer. We started as a small urban homestead in Gilbert, AZ and after the city grew up around us, decided it was time leave corporate America and take a big leap of faith by moving our family to the Missouri Ozarks.

We put out 2 new videos every week! Tuesday and Saturday. We hope you will become part of our homestead family by subscribing to our channel and watching as we give up the rat race and live simpler, more fulfilling life in the country.

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

1. Tamarah Grace on September 10, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Cool info! ✌🏽

2. Joe on September 10, 2021 at 10:52 pm

There is a big downside to this material. Unless you are bringing in fertility this will starve your soil over time.

Those weeds you pulled, left most of they’re roots in the ground where they decompose, even the weeds impart sugars and nutrients back into the soil. How many years can you get by doing this? I don’t know but its not infinite, you are slowly taking the fertility out of that whole garden plot. The decomposition and rot of the dead plants, and the lack of competition will give you a huge boost, at first this is why you had a bumper crop the first couple/few years.

You will need to bring in fertility, by the tri-axle load eventually. It took decades/century’s to build up the tilth you have under that fabric. The fabric stops that cycle.

3. Non User on September 10, 2021 at 10:52 pm

I see a dead land, weeds are part of nature without it looks like a disappearing planet.

4. Grandies Garden on September 10, 2021 at 10:53 pm

Great job! I appreciate this video. I had to put down nearly a foot of road base in the paths of my garden to get rid of the weeds. I have raised beds, so its securing the outside bottom and sides of the beds, too.

5. Christy Asay on September 10, 2021 at 10:53 pm

I’m watching this for at least the second time. Just wanted to share, I bought the black plastic covering twice, once in the beginning of Covid and reordered months into it. There was no hold up in my order coming. The company is wonderful to order from!

6. Di Eag on September 10, 2021 at 10:56 pm

I love your homesteading ideas. I call it living/survivaling. Thank your for your tip on the weed ground cover. We/I have some pretty aggressive weeds to. I used to use a thick later of newspaper and grass clippings / large rocks to help control weeds but ???. I do mostly gardening in pots now. Again thank you for your ideas. Best wishes to all

7. Aparajita Sahoo on September 10, 2021 at 10:56 pm

8. Ferne McAllister on September 10, 2021 at 10:57 pm

Nice!

9. Randy Wells on September 10, 2021 at 10:58 pm

On top more evaporation

10. Doctor K on September 10, 2021 at 10:59 pm

Get to the point

11. The globe is DEAD on September 10, 2021 at 10:59 pm

So, you till first, then you put down the “weed fabric” which you say doesn’t break down for about 10 years. I guess that means that you cannot till each year, am I right?

I grow a garden as well;
    Tried the “back to eden” method but found that the wood chips locked up the nitrogen in the soil starving the plants of that vital nutrient.
    Tried raised beds, worked fairly well but I found that the beds needed constant attention because the wood that the raised beds are built with rots, even hardwood and given that I’m growing food, using pressure treated is out of the question. Won’t use plastic “boards” due to leaching, and even steel will eventually rust/rot as well.
    As a result I gave up on those 2 methods and returned to more conventional gardening as I had done in the past.

As a priest, I gleaned a “tip” from the bible in the parable of the wheat & the tares. When the owner of the field discovered the tares/weeds that were sown among the wheat, the workmen asked the owner if they should go and pull up the tares/weeds. The owner of the field didn’t want the wheat to be damaged while the tares/weeds would be uprooted so the owner told the workmen to let the wheat and the tares/weeds grow together and they could be separated at the harvest.
    The owner of the field was God.

This year I planted my garden the ole fashioned way like in the 60’s after tilling. Well, as you can imagine the plants sprouted and the weeds sprouted along with them. My first instinct was to pull the weeds as I had in the past so I began weeding my garden. While doing so, I noticed that wherever the soil was bare it was also parched and dry but where there was ground cover (weeds) the soil was soft and moist. Don’t know exactly why but I thought of the parable of the wheat and the tares. I pondered this for a bit as I took a break from weeding, considering also the soil condition where there was a ground cover of weeds. Well, I decided to leave the ground cover of weeds and only clear the weeds away from any plants that were visibly hindered by weed growth. Wherever the plants were healthy enough to keep the weeds at bay I didn’t weed at all. After a while the smaller plants grew larger, the weeds no longer hindered them and now I don’t weed anywhere at all.
    Well, the results have been nothing short of astounding. My garden didn’t only survive the weeds, it absolutely flourished beyond my wildest dreams. My vegetables are huge, this is easily my best year in 9 years of gardening in terms of production abundance and the produce is so juicy. Witnessing this firsthand, I can say without doubt that I will never weed my garden again the way I used to. Truly a blessing in disguise, I do wish that I could post pictures here to show everyone what I mean. Maybe I will make a short video and upload it to youtube so folks can see what I’m talking about.

Happy harvesting.

12. Linda Dalton on September 10, 2021 at 10:59 pm

I really wanted to know about your weed control but your introduction was just way to long to sit thru. You tubers are too in love with the sound of their own voices. Sorry

13. Scott Espenschied on September 10, 2021 at 11:06 pm

How many acres?

14. Tanya Wolf on September 10, 2021 at 11:07 pm

Just found you and really enjoying your channel! And the fact that you and the hubby do it together is more enjoyable for my husband and I. 🙂 God bless!!

15. OG-GREEN MACHINE on September 10, 2021 at 11:07 pm

Can we just call it a “FARM”….?
    Homestead, invokes legal act thoughts.
    Home farms is all they are.
    Get sick of the word-games.😕

16. Somerset Row on September 10, 2021 at 11:09 pm

Yay – plastic.

We all need much more plastic in the enviornment! It’ll be gone in a couple of million years…

17. Living Traditions Homestead on September 10, 2021 at 11:10 pm

If you want more information about the ground cover check out Grower’s Solution.

If you use coupon code traditionalist10 you will get 10% off!

18. Alex Zaidi on September 10, 2021 at 11:11 pm

I need that ground cover. So I bought it. Thanks

19. Pat Howell on September 10, 2021 at 11:11 pm

Thank you guys so much for teaching us. You guys are supper.

20. Terri McIntosh on September 10, 2021 at 11:12 pm

The first time you did a video in the woven ground cover, was sceptical but desperate. I bought a roll anyway since nothing else worked and by the beginning of August our weeds were taller than me, and so thick there were critters in there. I couldn’t harvest anything.

This woven ground cover, WGC) works so well! There is nothing I can say to describe how easy it is use. The lines painted on it make the garden look so nice and .. professional. It completely changed how we garden. We were able to grow things I’ve never grown before!! Out temp ais hot, hotter and snow, lol! Not much rainfall, so the weeds are very hardy and overwhelming.

Thank you so much for that first video on the woven ground cover! I, too was ready to give up untill we tried it.

21. Despina Dag on September 10, 2021 at 11:13 pm

Fantastic tips!

22. Ralf CrabAppleTreeChopper on September 10, 2021 at 11:15 pm

I use my trusty old push mower and mow between the rows. then I mulch the plants with dried grass clippings.

23. R D on September 10, 2021 at 11:19 pm

What about ants? I literally have no success with anything like this that didn’t bring ants and the ants destroy things. I used plastic one winter just to kill grass, which worked well, but I just don’t leave it there, cause ants.

24. Randy Wells on September 10, 2021 at 11:19 pm

How do you burn the holes in the woven pladtic

25. A1B2C3D4E5F6 on September 10, 2021 at 11:22 pm

I was hoping you would mention about getting rid of weeds in the grass and keep them off but unfortunately its only about veggie garden, not the grass. I’m so fed up of trying to get rid of weeds in my grass garden but they keep coming through. My garden is very small so I can only dedicate a small area foe veggie garden. The rest is grass. If you have any tips on that, I would truly appreciate it. Thanks for the good information.

26. ILOVENJ00 on September 10, 2021 at 11:22 pm

Some gardeners say this fabric changes the composition of the soil and the beneficial worms disappear because there is no sunlight under the fabric. When you pull up the fabric after 1.5 yrs what is your experience in the healthof the soil vs if it was with traditional mulch? Thanks. Nice video.

27. rockwiththeuniverse on September 10, 2021 at 11:23 pm

Thank you. Great solution

28. Maria Vazquez on September 10, 2021 at 11:23 pm

Hi!? I have a rose bush and weeds of course. Can you put the fabric then put top soil in stead mulch

29. Jasmine Levesque on September 10, 2021 at 11:24 pm

This is what I did in my garden but instead of making holes I made beds on top of the fabric. This way there is no need for tiling.We call the fabric geo textile. Love your channel ! Thank!

30. David Decatur on September 10, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Thank you very much I need to do this I was considering silt screen material thanks

31. Sue on September 10, 2021 at 11:29 pm

Better to use old sheets, cotton, they are organic

32. Melissa Washburn on September 10, 2021 at 11:32 pm

What is the weight of your weed mat? I see that most are 3oz. I just bought a weed mat that is 5.8 oz but it has some fuzzy felt-like material in addition to the woven cloth. I’m also wondering if I will be able to burn holes with my type of weed mat. ????

33. S MB on September 10, 2021 at 11:33 pm

Too long

34. Michael Brown on September 10, 2021 at 11:34 pm

Many thanks really good video loads to think about cheers Michael

35. Tanya Wolf on September 10, 2021 at 11:34 pm

Oooh question… would you use the plastic for corn? I ask because we too have superweeds. :/

36. Michael Heyward on September 10, 2021 at 11:34 pm

Thank you for the tips! Enjoying the videos…

37. Angeli Alvares on September 10, 2021 at 11:35 pm

Just leave some chickens around or a while and they will eat every weed in sight and give you eggs in return. Then when the job is done, coop them up or they will eat your edibles too!

38. Cameron Cooke on September 10, 2021 at 11:36 pm

I find that what weedmat is best at is stopping new seeds entering the soil, from wind, birds and critters. Once seeds are in the soil though, they’ll come up through the road/ cement… Then when you pull the weeds out, the roots snap and stay under the weedmat… "Jute matt ", which is about 1cm thick is made of plant fibre is excellent stuff, and ends up adding to the soil composition, and needs replacing about every 2 years. More expensive though… Good on you guys 🙂

39. Peter on September 10, 2021 at 11:38 pm

George Costanza works at Vandelay Industries.

40. KENTUCKY BEEFSTEAK on September 10, 2021 at 11:39 pm

Yeah man, I been doing no till with cardboard and grass clippings on half garden and other half tilling for three years. Before all was tilled.

After the first year I quickly realized the cardboard method and cutting holes was the way to go. Basically on auto pilot once done. All will be changed starting now as fall is approaching.

I think these fabrics you use would be better but I get unlimited sheets of cardboard free and they are thick.

Thanks for the vids, I learn alot and it never stops no matter how long I garden. God bless from Kentucky.

41. Judith Cook on September 10, 2021 at 11:40 pm

OMG!!! You guys just saved me with this!! I live in SE Tennessee, and the weeds are out of control, We have clay soil and gardening after a rain left me with cement overshoes…I was about to give up…My husband hated my gardens. This is MY ANSWER!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

42. Benjamin Lewis on September 10, 2021 at 11:41 pm

You are kicking butt, I know this is the best method. I haven’t tried it yet but next year I am doing this. Maybe even this fall.

43. Brenda L Henne on September 10, 2021 at 11:42 pm

How did you treat the area before laying the landscape fabric?

44. Brandon Darrin on September 10, 2021 at 11:43 pm

Super Enlightening! God Bless.

45. HJD on September 10, 2021 at 11:43 pm

I’ve watched this before , but I’m forwarding this to my friend who helps me out in the garden, as we are ‘in talks’ about how to deal with the weeds in my flower beds….We’ve tried pulling’ digging them out , but they are coming back again. I spread a load of bark over the soil after planting in the early spring, thinking this would suppress the weeds ! I think we’ll try this before planting bulbs in the Autumn. Thanks for sharing …

46. prayalways on September 10, 2021 at 11:44 pm

The problem with these
    "plastics" companies…
    Is that they LIE to you!
    Chemicals do indeed
    Leach out. It has been proven by more that one scientific study. The Journal of Medicine even had a report on this in conjunction with cancer studies and those plastic Tupperware containers, or any brand that claims
    it is ok to put their dish, plate, or bowl in the
    microwave, is a big lie too. The plastics harm the hormones in addition to causing other medical problems. I would beg people to do the research or look up the people who have already done the research.
    I’m sure these people mean well, but they are trusting the label of this packaging. Don’t trust labels. The food and drug administration is in bed with the big multi billion dollar pharmaceutical industry. If people didn’t get sick, didn’t get cancer, etc., they wouldn’t make money. Do not let anything plastic be near your food.

47. jillguindon1965 on September 10, 2021 at 11:44 pm

Is this the same as "landscape fabric?" I’ve used landscape fabrics (black & woven as well) and the weeds have just grown up through it – and especially through the cracks where rows are joined.

48. Mike Pearce on September 10, 2021 at 11:45 pm

Great video!!!!!!!!

49. Linda Lubbesmeyer on September 10, 2021 at 11:45 pm

We put this down in our back yard and put gravel on top – we didn’t want grass in that area, just the gravel. We both got sick with covid the beginning of May, and by the time we were able to get back there again, the weeds were chest high, right through the ground cover. We ended up pulling the ground cover up and removing the gravel, and hubby has planted grass again.

50. Uncomfortable Truth on September 10, 2021 at 11:48 pm