2-Stroke Oil: Explained

2-Stroke Oil: Explained

For your viewing pleasure, Jason Wilk’s (ECHO) interview from the 2018 Spring Into Action Webinar hosted live Saturday, March 24th! His topic talked about understanding everything about 2-stroke oil!

Copper Creek Cuts provides supreme quality lawn services to Macclenny, FL.

2018 Lawn Care Setup:

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan SE (Blackout Package, V6)
2016 Peach Cargo 5×10 Trailer w/V-Nose & Side Door
2017 Bobcat QuickCat 36″ Stander
2016 Big Dog Alpha 36″ Zero-Turn
ECHO Pro-Torque Trimmer Attachment (Powered by ECHO PAS2620 Base)
ECHO Straight-Shaft Edger Attachment (Powered by ECHO PAS2620 Base)
ECHO Articulating Hedge Trimmer Attachment (Powered by ECHO PAS2620 Base)
ECHO PB770T Blower
Poulan Pro Pole Saw Attachment (Powered by Poulan Pro PP25SFA Base)

Please visit our website at:

Or our Facebook at:

Or our Instagram at:

1. fowvee on September 14, 2021 at 10:48 pm

Having dealt with 2-cycle engines for the better part of 50 years, there have been incredible advances in the lubricants that are dedicated to these wonderful machines. Of all the oils I’ve tested and used over the years, the ONLY oils that have given me problems were castor bean based oils such as Klotz BeNol, Blendzall Racing Castor, or anything with any percentage of castor bean oil in the mixture. These oils are incredible lubricants and have their place in the high performance racing world but for outdoor power equipment they’re simply overkill and cause cleanliness problems. Simply put, these oils lead to piston ring seizure in the piston lands caused by excessive carbon accumulation. They also cause excessive port and combustion chamber carbon accumulation.

All of the oils sold by the equipment manufacturers are excellent and will provide years of good service. Echo’s Red Armor is a highly additized polybutene oil that works well at reducing exhaust deposits. Again, all of the major equipment manufacturers sell excellent lubricants dedicated to small OPE 2-cycle engines. High performance motorcycle oils are excellent for their intended use but the leaf blower isn’t that purpose.

2. MrSGL21 on September 14, 2021 at 10:48 pm

stop i’m @2:29 and the bullshit has already started. no no the base oils aren’t the same. some two stroke oils aren’t petrolum base at. some castor bean oil, organic. some are synthetics. no every oil doesn’t have the same base oil.

3. Edward Majka on September 14, 2021 at 10:50 pm

Marathon Watching 8/20/21 Very informal…. thanks Copper Creek!

4. John Clarke on September 14, 2021 at 10:54 pm

I run Echo Red Armor at 50:1 in all of my two cycle equipment, even myb35 year old Poulan Super 25 and 25 year old MAC 3216.

5. John Clarke on September 14, 2021 at 11:11 pm

Giveaway

6. Josh Harris on September 14, 2021 at 11:36 pm

Is this live somewhere

7. John Clarke on September 14, 2021 at 11:45 pm

I am going to tell you I have been very pleased with Echo Red Armor, after I switched to it a couple of months ago. It does exactly what you state – it cleans, it lubricates and it has little or no smoke. Yesterday I pulled down my ms 460 to install a new upgraded cylinder and piston. I had just run it for 20 minutes and when I pulled the cylinder off it was lathered up with oil. I had to wipe the cylinder out to even see the hash marks in the cylinder. Oil was everywhere, cylinder, piston, rod and bearings. My spark plug was as clean as any two cycle spark plug I have ever seen. It will be reused in the new cylinder. Even the piston bearing was dripping oil. I will rebuild the 460 with Red Armor. I noticed no wear on the cylinder,piston or rod bearings. It had just about removed the ash left from the Stihl Ultra that I had been used, previously. I did not replace the cylinder or piston because I had to. I replaced it with an upgraded cylinder and piston. I do not own any Echo equipment. My equipment is either Stihl or Husqvarna, mostly Stihl pro saws.