FFXIV EASY Gardening Guide – Basics & Intercrossing !

FFXIV EASY Gardening Guide – Basics & Intercrossing !

This is my first video in a series about gardening in FFXIV. Here I cover the basics – what you need to get started, and a beginner intercross, Glazenut Seeds.

Link to Part 2: https://youtu.be/qxr1lO9MVPE

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER : @xepla πŸ™‚

Helpful Resource:

1. ulibarriL on September 14, 2021 at 10:41 pm

with Gil as your only resource:
    small plot: 3.5 mil
    building permit: 450k
    deluxe garden patch: 12.5k
    x8 Thanalan topsoil: 100k
    x8 rare seed: 100k
    fertilizer: 1.5k
    total: 4.1 mil

congratulations! you can start gardening!

2. BLACKIESBOY on September 14, 2021 at 10:43 pm

It didn’t help at all my brain is about to explode help

3. Tharp Billy on September 14, 2021 at 10:45 pm

I broke my computer trying to garden in ffxiv, i mean, how was i supposed to know that you dont use real water??? SE and their crappy games pff

4. Venatio on September 14, 2021 at 10:46 pm

Wow, that was a pretty savage get-up at the beginning. And yet Zepla’s characters are all so refined these days….

5. yovalord on September 14, 2021 at 10:47 pm

When you harvest do you need to replant seeds afterwards or will the plant grow again?

6. Playerpoi on September 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Awesome guide

7. Spookie on September 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm

does it matter what order you harvest in?

8. Jay DeBard on September 14, 2021 at 10:52 pm

Great video! Mind if I add this to the Guide to Gardening on the site?

9. Tzikas1322 on September 14, 2021 at 10:53 pm

And thus a saga begins.

10. AnimePabu on September 14, 2021 at 10:55 pm

Me: trying to do homework

Procrastination: hey there’s this video about gardening in FFXIV

Me: clicks

11. LashNSmash on September 14, 2021 at 10:57 pm

Came for Zepla comedy…got serious advice…still not disappointed though

12. Henry Hunter on September 14, 2021 at 10:58 pm

It’s kinda sad. Gardening guides are the most pointless thing in this game because 90% of the playerbase will never have the chance to do gardening.

Still I appreciate the video.

13. Mmogurl on September 14, 2021 at 11:00 pm

"When two crops love each other very much…" LOL

14. Mahut Bastien on September 14, 2021 at 11:04 pm

Fishmeal does not reduce time of growth by 1 hour!
    I mean it can but not every time for sure. It depend of… i don’t know i’m testing things for now xD. For exemple on voidrake it reduce the time of growth by 30 minutes, I’m pretty sure about that but on other seed i’ve got other result

15. D on September 14, 2021 at 11:09 pm

Its weird, I started FF14 with my gf back in 2015, but never continued. Kinda wish I did, wow was not great. Glad you did. I have to catch up a lot.

16. Oh Waker on September 14, 2021 at 11:11 pm

Phlange Phace has set up a gardening discord here if you want to be around a nice gathering of fellow gardeners: https://discord.gg/X5ey2rX

17. Brian Fuller on September 14, 2021 at 11:12 pm

18. Ogawa47 on September 14, 2021 at 11:13 pm

I’m late to the party, but just got into gardening and this explained things very simply. Thanks Zepla!

19. Scrapz Taru on September 14, 2021 at 11:14 pm

Huge help thank you

20. Dave Paquin on September 14, 2021 at 11:17 pm

It’s 2020 and Zepla is still awesome and punny.

21. Turntapeover on September 14, 2021 at 11:17 pm

So 2 years ago glazenuts were worth 17k? Now on my server they’re worth about 100-200 k lol

22. Shane Carney on September 14, 2021 at 11:17 pm

Super simple, super easy and great basics! <3 Thank youuu sooo much!

23. Katsuryuu on September 14, 2021 at 11:18 pm

I was wondering if you (or anyone) could help with a question I had. Grade 3 Than soil affects intercrossing, but which plant benefits from it?
    Basically I’m gardening Jute and trying to maximize my returns, so if I could I was wanting to put Jute down first with the Than soil and Azeyma Rose down second with Grade 3 Shroud soil, hoping it would affect the seed yield.

24. SirenoftheVoid on September 14, 2021 at 11:19 pm

That was most instructive.Oh and don’t listen to what others say,i found your voice to be soothing.And lastly,i’d like to say i was impressed by how elaborate your video is.The way your emotes match what you say in a timely manner surprised me.Very good!

25. Definitely Not Kalli on September 14, 2021 at 11:19 pm

Cutest voice eveeer ^^

26. Miyaten Meiritsu on September 14, 2021 at 11:20 pm

Aww, if I had known how long it took to grow those plants I would’ve started gardening earlier…

27. Josh Dargie on September 14, 2021 at 11:23 pm

Heads up, retainers can now get dirt for you on the hourly 1 venture.

28. Millenium Boomer on September 14, 2021 at 11:25 pm

If Plant A takes 5 days to grow but Plant B takes 7 days, you can harvest Plant A without worrying. Since the crossbreed is determined when you plant them, harvesting Plant A after 5 and Plant B after 7 days will still yield seeds from both of them.

29. Khallek on September 14, 2021 at 11:25 pm

I just got a house and think I’m going to garden, thanks!

30. Mozokuni on September 14, 2021 at 11:27 pm

Gardening……. THE REAL ENDGAME!

31. Yasin A on September 14, 2021 at 11:28 pm

"You see when two crops love eachother…" it was at this moment i knew you were truly immature πŸ˜‘

32. Ed Goldstein on September 14, 2021 at 11:28 pm

Great video, thank you! I’m going to share it with the Novices on my server πŸ™‚

33. Bruce Abshire on September 14, 2021 at 11:28 pm

After done planting you should replace the first seed with another so it can interbreed. They only interbreed with whatever plant they are "planted" with. Doesn’t matter if they grow next to. Good way to get up to 8 seeds a time but there is always RNG. :p

34. Contemporary Angel on September 14, 2021 at 11:28 pm

not sure why the apartments aren’t given a small outdoor balcony garden or something. having any sort of mechanic tied to the absolutely bonkers housing system makes no sense to me.

35. ElzabetOwlpaw on September 14, 2021 at 11:28 pm

Missing only info about gathering soils, since not many got that kind of gil to just buy them at the beginning.

36. Cole Evyx on September 14, 2021 at 11:31 pm

This video may be a few years old but this is a GODSEND to me. Honestly this really helped me, thank you kindly Zepla πŸ˜€

37. Roy Moody on September 14, 2021 at 11:32 pm

This was SUPER helpful. Thank you! I just moved into a shared estate and im designated gardener so I wanted to know the how to cross breed but everything i read was super confusing without visuals. Thank you for providing that! I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for anything else you may post.

38. Bleah Bloobly on September 14, 2021 at 11:34 pm

Jesus fuck the voice is so annoying. Fuck

39. Blackout 'MS on September 14, 2021 at 11:36 pm

What !? A serious video on this channel ?
    MASAKA

40. FishyTrout on September 14, 2021 at 11:40 pm

You also get dirt from desynthesising just about every fish.