What loader should I buy for my hardscape company?

What loader should I buy for my hardscape company?

A question we get asked often is “hey were starting to build paver patios now so what should we invest in first a bobcat or mini skid steer”. In this video we talk about the versatility of the machine we chose for our company, but that doesn’t mean it is the right decision for every company. Its important you really look at what services your company is going to offer and focus on before purchasing a machine. You can get the same attachments for a full size skid steer and a mini skid steer. We discuss the options of buying new or used equipment, being mechanically inclined, warranty on machines, etc.

Our company started with a very used Ditchwitch SK500 and then a few years later we bought a very used Bobcat 763. Both machines did what we needed them to do but they also came with a lot of repair bills so that is something you need to plan for if purchasing used.

We hopes this helps your decision for your newly started hardscape company.

1. HHProgressiveconstruction on September 16, 2021 at 11:09 pm

Rent Rent starting out .

2. averagehuman wethepeople on September 16, 2021 at 11:15 pm

Great video and funny it popped up as today I bought my first piece of equipment a 2014 bobcat s70 perfect size for type of work I do

3. David McClellan on September 16, 2021 at 11:28 pm

Mini skid steer or regular size? Which is better?

4. Beyond The Lawn on September 16, 2021 at 11:36 pm

This is great advice. Should consider doing more of these little clips.Keep up the great work guys!

5. Adam Shipman on September 16, 2021 at 11:39 pm

I started out in hardscaping with a John Deere 3039r tractor with a 3 point hitch backhoe attachment with a thumb. In my opinion its the best of both worlds because I had the capability of excavating soil then flip around and move just under a half yard of base material, its a 2 machines in 1. The other advantage is the light footprint so very little turf damage. Yes you can’t pick up a full pallets of block but I could pick up about 1,400 pounds but thats probably the only downside to that set up. Not to mention the amount of attachments that are avaliable for tractors at a fraction of the cost of skid steer attachments. That set up probably won’t work for everybody but it work well for me starting out.

6. Outdoor Shack on September 16, 2021 at 11:40 pm

Forklift + mini excavator!

7. a schlueter on September 16, 2021 at 11:44 pm