DIY Backyard Transformation Part 1 | Rain Curtain DIY | Water Feature DIY

DIY Backyard Transformation Part 1 | Rain Curtain DIY | Water Feature DIY

We recently transformed our backyard by adding some swings, paver patio and rain curtain water feature without burning much money.

Water reservoir – https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-38-Gal-Tough-Storage-Bin-in-Black-206114/301356003

Post Level – https://www.amazon.com/Swanson-Tool-PL001M-Magnetic-Level/dp/B00136YRWM/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=post+level&qid=1603642750&sr=8-2

Pump – 800-GPH Pond and Water Feature Pump https://www.lowes.com/pd/smartpond-800-GPH-Pond-and-Water-Feature-Pump/1000735548

1. Status Quo Reject on September 17, 2021 at 11:09 pm

Very happy to see my fellow Indians actually breaking out the tools and doing the manual labor and building this themselves. So many of the Indians I know shy away from manual labor and projects like this and I am so proud to see you two design and build this yourself. Great job!

2. VC Builder on September 17, 2021 at 11:11 pm

Looks nice – temporarily
    – bin is not for outside use ( will get brittle and crack) use pond liner
    – wood is interior use only ( although you said it was pressure treated – pressure treated wood has small indentations )
    – holes will clog , for algae will fill ( need to use mildewcide)
    – metal flashing should be used on top of structure or you’ll have dry rot in no time
    – electrical was ran by extension cord , so many things can go wrong with that ( fire – electrocution, or more )

Nice idea , but improperly executed .

3. Father Ted Clips on September 17, 2021 at 11:11 pm

How do you manage the basin overflowing when it’s raining?

4. Beer lover on September 17, 2021 at 11:13 pm

This is without a doubt the best video i have ever seen on how to make a pondless water feature. Thank you so much

5. Bruno Gasbarro on September 17, 2021 at 11:15 pm

Did you make the swinging benches? If so, can you post a video.

6. maxpower7721 on September 17, 2021 at 11:18 pm

Never, ever pour the concrete like you did, never put a post directly in concrete like you did.

7. The Bob Loblaw Show ! on September 17, 2021 at 11:18 pm

Really liked it.

8. Andrew Stallard on September 17, 2021 at 11:19 pm

Very nice build. Thanks for sharing!

9. Mohammed Mazhar on September 17, 2021 at 11:21 pm

What is height and width of fountain?

10. Miss Kim on September 17, 2021 at 11:21 pm

Looks great!

11. Princess Resinista on September 17, 2021 at 11:22 pm

I might try this soon!

12. Revox Jazz on September 17, 2021 at 11:22 pm

Nice work! I congratulate you on your efforts to build something like this, something that I have not yet done and should have already done.
    But I ask … wouldn’t it be better if the colors of the LED lighting were programmed according to your mood, instead of the colors constantly changing like there is no tomorrow?

13. Thomas Crown on September 17, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Look like a Texas backyard

14. Tom Hodam on September 17, 2021 at 11:30 pm

The same replace particularly fax because picture simultaneously bolt failing a volatile canadian. vague, bustling hail

15. Alpha Scorpii on September 17, 2021 at 11:30 pm

Remember me when toilets were just a hole in a hut at the bottom of the garden

16. Guru Karthik on September 17, 2021 at 11:30 pm

good idea guys….

17. My Digital Life on September 17, 2021 at 11:30 pm

I love the safety shoes..

18. Potchelvi Govindasamy on September 17, 2021 at 11:33 pm

Wow it’s looking really gd

19. Darrell Brown on September 17, 2021 at 11:34 pm

Nice job!

20. p thapa on September 17, 2021 at 11:36 pm

impressive very good . i see cameraman did hard job

21. Lisa Colwell on September 17, 2021 at 11:38 pm

Love it

22. Bryan Dean on September 17, 2021 at 11:38 pm

Nice build but I bet by now you’re struggling to keep weeds out of it since you put no barrier down. Id suggest digging up the rock and laying a pvc liner down. This will help redirect the water thats splashing beyond your basin back to your basin and block weeds and grass from growing.

23. TaffytheGreat on September 17, 2021 at 11:39 pm

That looks good. Very simple yet effective 👍👍👍

24. Hector Lopez on September 17, 2021 at 11:41 pm

Beautiful awesome love it

25. Jenna1814 on September 17, 2021 at 11:42 pm

That is very nice. Thanks for sharing, I am going to watch more of your videos. If I like, which from the thumbnails it looks like I will. I will be subscribing.

26. BxTekNurd on September 17, 2021 at 11:42 pm

I would cover that whole area with plastic (slopping towards the tub) and a smaller cut out over that tub to help divert ALL water into the tub. Otherwise the water may run out if it doesn’t all end up back in the tub.

27. Renaissance Woman on September 17, 2021 at 11:43 pm

*We just did our front porch and side yard(which i also uploaded in my channel) I was wanting something like this in my front porch (mini size) trying to create a ZEN effect….this video is really good. Thanks for posting this*

28. ED Seventyeight on September 17, 2021 at 11:43 pm

You did a great job! Thank you for sharing.

29. Jeri Lopez on September 17, 2021 at 11:43 pm

Thnx for sharing. Found your vid just when I am in the process of designing my home.

30. Anthony on September 17, 2021 at 11:44 pm

Concrete should have been mixed outside the hole and then poured in

31. djdons 1929ford on September 17, 2021 at 11:49 pm

Hello. I missed the patio link…

32. thequieterubcomethemoreuhear on September 17, 2021 at 11:50 pm

This was absolutely great——–>across the board! Perfect tutorial & beautifully demonstrated!
    I know you’re enjoying the results. It’s ‘over the top’! <3 Thank you for sharing this!

33. Cody Thompson on September 17, 2021 at 11:50 pm

Nice job!
    Notice you used CPVC glue on PVC. I know it’ll work but recommend PVC glue! And a 1/4" spin when gluing pipe joints 😉

34. Kim Thiemann on September 17, 2021 at 11:51 pm

Thanks for this video!! I am currently making mine. I have all the holes dug, now to buy the wood and pump. Can’t wait to finish this project

35. Kim Thiemann on September 17, 2021 at 11:52 pm

Can you post what you used for your lights and connection that was water proof?

36. Spencer Mcalpine on September 17, 2021 at 11:53 pm

Just built mine today. Smaller version though. Neighbor wants me to build one for them tomorrow. Thanks for doing this!

37. dominick magoon on September 17, 2021 at 11:54 pm

Wouldnt itbbe easier to use 3/4 hose so it bends freeley

38. 18EEE1023 Sanjana Naik on September 17, 2021 at 11:55 pm

Lovely🥰 can I know how much does it cost to build rain water curtain along with swing overall cost of construction?

39. Terry Helms on September 17, 2021 at 11:57 pm

Going to have a lot of weeds

40. mozz49 on September 17, 2021 at 11:59 pm

Hi Great video! can you tell me what is the size of the water feature?

41. Errol Riego on September 18, 2021 at 12:00 am

Great job! I do have one question. Where is the power source coming from?

42. vlado k on September 18, 2021 at 12:01 am

What water pump you use how strong how many wats or flow rate??

43. Hideous Penguinboy on September 18, 2021 at 12:02 am

You’ll want to caulk the seams so rain doesn’t get into your wood poles. You can see through the 45 degree joints in the vid. Otherwise, awesome job!

44. DARK WOLF on September 18, 2021 at 12:02 am

Looks amazing 👏😍👌

45. josi rose on September 18, 2021 at 12:03 am

Absolutely beautiful! Cost ?

46. cp denby on September 18, 2021 at 12:03 am

Great job kudos to you both!

47. melanie conrad on September 18, 2021 at 12:05 am

How does the remote work behind the wood? Does the remote signal go through? Thanks 😊

48. Vulcanjo on September 18, 2021 at 12:06 am

Awesome fountain.. Thank you for posting.

49. Kenneth Vaughan on September 18, 2021 at 12:07 am

Good job; on design concept, project construction, AND video production. My only criticism is the “music “. Taste is arbitrary, and whatever style of music you pick, statistically, the odds are against you. 70% of viewers either 1.) don’t notice or care, so it neither helps nor hurts; or, 2.) find it mildly distasteful and distracting, competing with the narration’s intelligibility; or, 3.) find it aesthetically quite distasteful and unpleasant to have forced upon them, since they have to set the volume such as to hear the narration, especially in cases like this, where your command of english is flawless, and the composition of the script is excellent, most Americans, at least, would agree that you have a quite pronounced (no pun intended) Hindi (or similar) accent, requiring close attention, and is very susceptible to any background noise (including ‘music’) creating a level of annoyance over and above the norm. Considering the additional time, effort, skill, and possibly expense you go to, I submit that its inclusion with the imagery and narration will not serve any useful purpose, nor will it make the video more pleasant to watch, or make it come off as more professional; moreover, the likelihood that it might be a dis-incentive to watch or like the video, (completely irrespective of the content), much less to consider subscribing to your channel, all combine to make a very strong case for discontinuing the practice. I want you to succeed, and I’m only trying to help, and these were my impressions. Videos of this quality will succeed on their own, and channels offering videos of this quality will succeed and grow on their own. Interesting or informative CONTENT, well presented, and respectful of the viewer’s time an sensibilities will always succeed.

50. Kevin Manley on September 18, 2021 at 12:08 am

Love this can you give the pump details please.