Cottage Gardening On A Budget | Dividing & Transplanting Flowers | Using What You've Got!

I’m on a budget this year in the garden – like a lot of us are. That means I’m having to get resourceful and browse around the property for what I may already have growing…

🥖LEARN TO COOK FROM SCRATCH & ENJOY IT! 🥖

📚From Scratch: http://amzn.to/2p6KTYj
____________________________

CAMERA EQUIPMENT:
📷Camera: http://amzn.to/2HnocXd
📷Lens: http://amzn.to/2DlxhgE

1. Larry Blackburn on September 20, 2021 at 10:56 pm

I really enjoy your youtube I getting a lot out of it. Thanks

2. 27 acres away on September 20, 2021 at 11:02 pm

A couple of quick complaints/suggestions …a) your videos aren’t long enough and b) there aren’t enough of them. So….30 minutes every day please…and thank you! 😊 All kidding aside, I love your videos, your home, gardens and family! 💕

3. malvia harris mcpherson on September 20, 2021 at 11:02 pm

Cant wait to see how grow up beautiful

4. SheCanSave on September 20, 2021 at 11:03 pm

I would love to see a video on how to map out a cottage garden. Is there a method to it, if your just starting out what is the best flowers to start with? I have always loved the cottage garden look but I don’t k ow how to execute it.

5. Susan Velez on September 20, 2021 at 11:07 pm

What do you mean by a pond did I miss a video?

6. Natasha Alicia Tobin ullah on September 20, 2021 at 11:11 pm

I like this one

7. Rachel Stark on September 20, 2021 at 11:11 pm

Greetings,
    Where can I find your hat?
    Cheers

8. ludite breaker on September 20, 2021 at 11:12 pm

I mom did the same with adrenium and many other tropical variety plants. She just propagated from existing pots into new ones. Now we have atleast a dozen of them.

9. Laura S. on September 20, 2021 at 11:14 pm

This was so inspiring! Many nurseries and seed stores are closed where I live so I went to my parents’ property and perused their forest garden for things I could divide and transplant into my shady yard. Everything seems to be surviving after a week so I think we’re good! I got bleeding hearts, lamb’s ear, some ferns and some orange lillies.

10. A Youali HG on September 20, 2021 at 11:14 pm

Subtitulos en español por favor

11. Lesley Harris on September 20, 2021 at 11:14 pm

Love the analogy of painting with your eyes closed, years ago I child minded for my cousin and she paid me in cuttings from the gardens she worked on, (with permission ) I had the most amazing garden and she had a good free childminder.

12. Gail Elwood on September 20, 2021 at 11:15 pm

I like to plant the earliest spring bulbs near my later perennials so they mark the spot and it keeps me from digging into roots I don’t want to disturb. Tulips and crocus with peonies Amyrallis and mini hostas. I need to relocate my saffron crocus this year too. As the garden has grown they are now in too much shade.

13. Majestic Mountain Living on September 20, 2021 at 11:15 pm

How funny I just dived my lambs ear today, TP?? never thought of that, hee, hee,.

14. Susan Velez on September 20, 2021 at 11:15 pm

I love lambs ear! So beautiful!

15. Downeaster MaineUSA on September 20, 2021 at 11:15 pm

Pro Tip : spend less on makeup and you will have more funds for your projects.

16. Wild Ones Homestead on September 20, 2021 at 11:16 pm

I have been enjoying lots of time in my gardens lately too. Making some big changes to it from last year and it is so exciting seeing it coming together piece by piece.

17. With My Hands Homestead on September 20, 2021 at 11:16 pm

Every time I watch your videos I get so inspired to plant flowers. We have a large vegetable garden and really focus on production but yours are so aesthetic I love them!

18. Kristi Vaness on September 20, 2021 at 11:17 pm

This post was so very enjoyable and so very needed! A happy distraction showing that you can find happiness in home life! I so love when you said about Spring gardening and transplanting that is like"Painting with your eyes closed!" You nailed it!!! Love that saying and will always remember it! Thank you for all you do to keep your followers entertained and educated! What a sweet little farm and family!

19. saraH Faithfully on September 20, 2021 at 11:18 pm

Thanks for another great video Shaye. I would love to see how the final “painting” looks now that things have began to bloom.

20. Amiee & Larry Brown on September 20, 2021 at 11:18 pm

Totally off subject, but what is the lipstick you are wearing?

21. Pam Backus on September 20, 2021 at 11:19 pm

I love your show but, I can’t get used to your new hair color! I hate being so petty but there you are. Please excuse me for being such an old woman.

22. Megan G on September 20, 2021 at 11:19 pm

Thanks for sharing all of your tip. I tend to do this every few years for my beds. I like to divide and transplant my hosta and lilyturf. When we first moved to our home I found lilyturf in the main yard that I transplanted into my flower bed as edging.

23. Tasha on September 20, 2021 at 11:20 pm

You inspire me to start gardening and to look sexy while I do it!💕🙂🙏🏾

24. Susan Zachar on September 20, 2021 at 11:22 pm

Where is your hat from?!

25. Lisa Pieper on September 20, 2021 at 11:23 pm

Love this!

26. CRIS..💕 on September 20, 2021 at 11:26 pm

Estou apaixonada por essa família , isso sim é viver bem e ser feliz 🇧🇷

27. Mrs Green on September 20, 2021 at 11:26 pm

You should check out Erin Benzakein of Floret. Amazing. She is in the Skagit Valley 🌸❤️🌸

28. Gail Williams on September 20, 2021 at 11:26 pm

Hi Shaye, have you looked into Charles Dowding’s No dig method? If so, what are your thoughts about the method?

29. The Israelite Woman Homestead on September 20, 2021 at 11:28 pm

Shopping in your own garden is the best. It saves you lots of money.Each year I collect my flower seeds, then I disperse them in the areas that I want them to be the next year. I also separate the perennials and create a whole new garden or add onto my existing garden. This year we are on a new homestead so I have to start all over again creating gardens from scratch.But I brought most of my perennials from my other place and stored them in large pots over the winter.Cant wait for spring to put then in the ground. I love your simple style of living and the no fuss home you have created.

30. Jenny Mortenson on September 20, 2021 at 11:28 pm

Love all your videos! I’ve been watching awhile. Love this video because I’m trying to learn to be a better gardener (I’m a newbie)… so much to learn. Can you do a video about plants “going to seed”… does that mean you just leave it and don’t trim it? Thanks so much!

31. Dienna Schiro on September 20, 2021 at 11:28 pm

Thanks for all the great ideas about moving things around,and so true about the mint it takes over everything.and the bread pudding repice we love it i make a rum sauce for the top i"am from New Orleans so i add liquor to a lot of my cooking.thanks again.

32. Amy Diericks on September 20, 2021 at 11:30 pm

Will the lilies bloom this year?

33. Nancy Musser on September 20, 2021 at 11:31 pm

Yes this inspired me! It’s been pretty gloomy here as far as weather but got out and raked out my flower bed. Saw little budding my first daffodils I planted last Fall. I now will try and divide some plants and see where they can go next. Thank you. 💕

34. Teumalo Willrodt on September 20, 2021 at 11:31 pm

I love your Green house! and your videos!!

35. schifflange farms on September 20, 2021 at 11:33 pm

Shaye, What you kept calling Bee balm was Lychnis, probably variety called Rose Campion

36. Karen Westhead on September 20, 2021 at 11:33 pm

I just really enjoyed this. I do this in my garden every Spring and I loved watching you do it. It’s Dec here in Illinois now so this makes me anticipate our Spring even more.

37. Suwansiri Croce on September 20, 2021 at 11:34 pm

I’m so inspired by this video. In fact I just moved some of my neighbor’s day Lillies to my planter. Of course I asked first. Thank you, I love seeing your pretty face in the garden 🙂

38. M Dean on September 20, 2021 at 11:38 pm

Great tips 🙂

39. Loraine Leuschke on September 20, 2021 at 11:40 pm

I am watching and waiting with you. Be sure to show the progress. Tyfs

40. MICRO STATION TUTORIAL on September 20, 2021 at 11:44 pm

We need health, The Earth have been attacked by Chinese Communist’ virus, everybody should unite to against this evil Communist party to save the world.

41. Pale Compass on September 20, 2021 at 11:45 pm

Her shade of blond looks really fake. It’s too cool and pale, almost white.
    If she wants blond, she should try a level 7.5N with level 8W gold/copper highlights.

42. Petra McKean on September 20, 2021 at 11:46 pm

Lovely! My garden is coming to life here as well in Vancouver and it’s been such a source of joy and comfort and hope in these troubling times.

43. Susan McRae on September 20, 2021 at 11:46 pm

Taking a photo in summer/spring will help map out where things are and where you want to add things.
    I look forward to seeing your beautiful results

44. Charles Bale on September 20, 2021 at 11:46 pm

Such special moments…

45. Hannah T on September 20, 2021 at 11:46 pm

Hat brand and style, please??

46. KM on September 20, 2021 at 11:47 pm

I believe you can use Lambs Ear for wound bandaging. 🤷‍♀️

47. JakeDogg on September 20, 2021 at 11:47 pm

U rock Shae! Ur gardens are always amazing and ur passion is very inspiring ❤️

48. Carina Urbina on September 20, 2021 at 11:48 pm

Love your videos can you add more of cooking’s dishes what happen to your poppy

49. The Elliott Homestead on September 20, 2021 at 11:50 pm

I hope this inspires you to get outside, soak up some sunshine, and find some free flowers around your property 🙂

50. Linda declue. on September 20, 2021 at 11:51 pm

Thank you very much. With everything going on I haven’t been able to go out and buy and plants. I just transplanted a hydrangea that I had in a pot for a year. So now you have given me the idea to dig from my own beds of perennials and make a new bed with the hydrangea. Thank you.