DIY: BUILD 5 Gallon Grow Table – How to Start a Container Garden #3A of 7

DIY: BUILD 5 Gallon Grow Table – How to Start a Container Garden #3A of 7

Learn how we build a 5 gallon grow table to start our container garden. We use the 5 gallon for potatoes, tomatoes, cabbages, bok choy, broccoli and many other vegetable. This DIY table keeps the container from blowing out incase of high winds, easy to organize and maintain.

👍If you like our videos, give us a THUMBS UP and SHARE!
It encourages us to keep producing excellent videos

🔗Link below for products used in the video:

👆Subscribe now to never miss a new videos.
You Tube:  https://www.youtube.com/c/HollisNancysHomestead

✅Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HollisandNancysHomestead/
✅Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hollisnancyshomestead/
✅Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/HollisNancy/
✅Twitter: https://twitter.com/HNHomestead

💝HOW TO PARTNER WITH:
  🙏🏼Please  Pray 🙏🏼 for our Homestead, POSITIVE COMMENTS, SHARE and LIKE👍

💝Use our  Amazon links (FREE to you)
US  – https://www.amazon.com/shop/hollisnancyshomestead
Canada – https://www.amazon.ca/shop/hollisnancyshomestead
United Kingdom – https://www.amazon.co.uk/shop/hollisnancyshomestead

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

💝Partner with us by donation: can use Debit or Credit Card thru PayPal

💝Thank you for partnering with us! Your partnership helps us to continue to provide great content on YouTube. We are grateful!

Hollis, Nancy, and Bing Bing
Have a Blessed Day

🌼🌼🌼
FTC Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored video, unless clearly disclosed. All opinions are genuinely our own. We provide our videos for inspirational and entertainment purposes only. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of the content, instructions and advice contained in our videos. Hollis and Nancy’s Homestead, LLC,  is not liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on anything contained in our video.

1. First Lady on September 20, 2021 at 11:22 pm

I have everything ready to plant my red potatoes in five-gallon containers. Because I live in Phoenix AZ, it’s been suggested that it is TOO HOT right now. Our temperatures are over 100 degrees. Would that be true? My red potatoes have several chits. If it is too hot; how long can the potatoes last before I would need to start the chitting process with new potatoes? I greatly appreciate your insight and help. I thoroughly enjoy watching all your videos. The videos are such a blessing. Thank you for sharing.

2. brenda stranack on September 20, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Can you please write out the material list and respond here plz. I cannot see quite well enough to read what you have written. I did go to your facebook page and I have the same problem there. Thanks!

3. NeOnFaeRies on September 20, 2021 at 11:25 pm

Hollis and Nancy, yall are amazing. Yall rock! You make me feel like I can be a farmer too. Ty.

4. Rita Ardan on September 20, 2021 at 11:27 pm

Adventures *

5. Erica S on September 20, 2021 at 11:28 pm

Nicccccccccce

6. Bill Austin on September 20, 2021 at 11:29 pm

No support beam in the middle with this length. I believe is a must. 🤔

7. Linda Stegall on September 20, 2021 at 11:31 pm

How did you move those once built? They must be heavy. I’d like some that can be moved from time to time.

8. Jean Hickman on September 20, 2021 at 11:32 pm

I’m just new to your challenge and absolutely love you guys already!
    God is good….all the time.
    I look forward to catching up on all your videos. I’m excited as I feel like I found a whole new romance series to get lost in!! 👍😁☝️🙏

9. First Lady on September 20, 2021 at 11:34 pm

I watched building 5 gal container table. I understood all the needed items except this: [(14) 5/4DK BO 5×51/2" x18"] Please help!

10. Robin Lewis Art on September 20, 2021 at 11:34 pm

Awesome idea and prayer … God will bless your harvest ❤️

11. Rita Ardan on September 20, 2021 at 11:35 pm

Hollis and Nancy,
    Thank you so much for all your videos – you are both indeed an inspiration. We ( my 86 year old mom and I) enjoy watching and learning from you both. My mom loved to garden when she was younger ( and prior to debilitating strokes almost 2 years ago), and she enjoys watching all your videos. God blessing on you both. Thank you for sharing your ad entires with us.

12. Gary B on September 20, 2021 at 11:35 pm

Great video subject & detail, drafting quality.
    Like design; Howver, at todays Sky rocket lumber prices, ill have to look @ alternative materials( pallets). Thanks again, for the demo & Lords message, you’ll give a light.

13. jean kievlan on September 20, 2021 at 11:35 pm

What a great build! Thank you so much for taking time to do this. Hopefully my husband will make me two, if not I can do it!

14. Vicky W on September 20, 2021 at 11:37 pm

You inspired me to give container gardening a try. I wanted a good stable place for them,, so I had someone build a grow bench for me. I had it modified a bit to have a way to trellis and an additional shelf to add in some herbs I’m grown in Fabric pots. I’d like to send you a pic. Thank you so much for the plans as that made the job much easier.

15. S Sherman on September 20, 2021 at 11:38 pm

The two of you encouraged me to make one for my container garden! Did it all yesterday and I am so pleased with my results. You made it so easy for me to follow. Thank you so much for all of your videos. I even bought those "high quality clamps" to help me! I love them!

16. Marcell Harris on September 20, 2021 at 11:39 pm

How much would something
    Like this cost if asked?

17. Ali Marvin on September 20, 2021 at 11:40 pm

Since your pandemic challenge video I’ve grown 5 containers of beautiful lettuce! 🤗 I’m harvesting the outer leaves for the first time tomorrow. I have onions in a bed too that are slowly coming along. I plan to plant some spring garlic this fall!

18. Angie Eernisse on September 20, 2021 at 11:41 pm

I can’t wait to start making these!! Thank you!!

19. Christian Davis on September 20, 2021 at 11:42 pm

Pretty fricken awesome. My wife wants me to build some for her now. But lol @ 8:54. Those must be some high quality clamps the way you throw them around. And again @ 11:36. 🙂 Good stuff.

20. Yogamom on September 20, 2021 at 11:42 pm

Good Lord, you are a marvel, Hollis and Nancy. I find this video so fun to watch as well as the artistic touches of adding music and fast motion. Marvelous! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼💕

21. Melanie Jaegli on September 20, 2021 at 11:43 pm

With wood being so expensive do you think these could be built from pallets? Except for the long board on front and back.

22. James Christian on September 20, 2021 at 11:43 pm

Hollis, I appreciate your ideas and your methods, I cheated with my iPhone and took a screen shot of your drawing, now all I have to do is to bring it up, at the lumber yard, Thanks again, I was having a little trouble keeping my tomatoes from blowing over, this should do the trick. PS make you up some noodle jug lines, very efficient way to get catfish.

23. davidtmp on September 20, 2021 at 11:45 pm

I am so building a couple of these.

24. Kathy Arvin on September 20, 2021 at 11:47 pm

How do you keep squirrels 🐿 from eating your tomatoes 🍅 and other vegetables 🌽? I have a small balcony that grow my vegetables in conditioners and the squirrels 🐿 keep taking one bite out of the tomatoes 🍅 and leaving their damaged fruit behind. What do you recommend to keep these critters away?

25. Carl Ross on September 20, 2021 at 11:47 pm

This is Carl from Northeast Ohio I have been following you guys for a long timeI’m going to tell you what you guys are truly truly blessed

26. Roger Smith on September 20, 2021 at 11:48 pm

Just completed 1 of 2. Thank you for sharing. I bought material from Facebook market from a torn down fence.

27. HNT on September 20, 2021 at 11:50 pm

Beautifully done

28. Darrin Kerwin on September 20, 2021 at 11:50 pm

Thanks for the videos, and more important posting the plans for everything on your Facebook Page. I’ll be busy as we get closer to spring time, cause I know I’m gonna need a few of these tables and atleast one of the 3 gallon tables. I have seen any raised bed gardens on your Homestead, whats your thoughts on them.

29. Rea Z117 on September 20, 2021 at 11:50 pm

Nice Black Kow tee!

30. NeOnFaeRies on September 20, 2021 at 11:51 pm

Hollis, what is the rough cost of making this table?

31. Judge Kroupa on September 20, 2021 at 11:53 pm

I understood you said asparagus grown in containers last only three years. This is in contrast to decades asparagus grown in soil produces will last.

32. First Lady on September 20, 2021 at 11:53 pm

When you cut the potatoes and let them cure. Do you still only put two cured seeds per 5 gal bucket? If you have any cured cut left, can they be stored? if yes. how do you store, and how long before they need to be planted? Look forward to hearing your yjoughts. Have a blessed day!

33. Carol Cooper on September 20, 2021 at 11:54 pm

We built your grow table today. It was easy and looks amazing! Thank you for your video and easy instructions!

34. Mark Ramser on September 20, 2021 at 11:54 pm

Thank you sir I really enjoy upgrading my garden with what I’ve learned from your Channel

35. Jim Claire on September 20, 2021 at 11:59 pm

Very informative! Thank you for sharing.

36. Regan Askwith on September 21, 2021 at 12:01 am

Thank you for all the advice and diagram of building my 5 gal. bucket grow table- just finished yesterday before the rain- it was a challenge for this old 73 yr. old but got er done! only had one clamp but it was a big help. Can’t wait to get those buckets full and start planting.

37. DKUJ_ PALLETS & GARDENING on September 21, 2021 at 12:02 am

Thank you for showing a different way to build out the bottom!! This encouraged me to do the same.

38. Joseph Auld on September 21, 2021 at 12:02 am

What’s the best soil mixture for tomatoes?

39. Rick Mooney on September 21, 2021 at 12:04 am

Excellent

40. redtarget on September 21, 2021 at 12:04 am

I really have enjoyed watching your videos. These desgins have helped me with my planning greatly. I just tilled our first garden together.

41. Gary Radford on September 21, 2021 at 12:09 am

Hollis & Nancy Homestead, I am been looking at the picture on those 5/4 ×5 1/2 boards 18" long is there 13 PC’s or 14 PC’s thanks Gary

42. Tassie Girl on September 21, 2021 at 12:09 am

Thank you Thank you I now know how to do it. With love to you both I’ll look on face book too.

43. Barbara Turner on September 21, 2021 at 12:12 am

How can I get your blueprint without going to Facebook?

44. Crappo on September 21, 2021 at 12:12 am

Great job

45. Debbie Miller on September 21, 2021 at 12:12 am

I’m glad I found your channel and I enjoy your videos. I’ve already made a few of your projects including the raised beds that you use for onions around your perimeter of your big garden and the dibble boards, one for onions and one for carrots, radishes etc. I’ve rounded up a bunch of 5 gallon buckets so my next project will be one of these grow tables.

46. Geno Paredes on September 21, 2021 at 12:14 am

Nice design and very informative. Thanks

47. Xann101 on September 21, 2021 at 12:14 am

Do you still holes into the buckets before hand or no?

48. leighco9 on September 21, 2021 at 12:17 am

I have decided to make this grow table and will be making it for the next season.

49. Mike Pearce on September 21, 2021 at 12:19 am

Hollis how can I get the plans to build this? Thanks!

50. Wanda Turner on September 21, 2021 at 12:19 am

Thank you! I m gonna make me a few of these! I will let yall know how they turn out!
    God Bless 🙏