Full Backyard Hardscape Remodel! Retaining wall and Demo day! Part 1

Full Backyard Hardscape Remodel! Retaining wall and Demo day! Part 1

This is the beginning of a 5 part series! In this video we will be demoing out this whole backyard and installing a stackable retaining wall! We show you step by step how to install a east stackable retaining wall. Hope you all enjoy and dont forget to LIKE,SHARE,SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!

Part 2: http://y2u.be/HJ0qgIyjLKw
Part 3: http://y2u.be/a9I5pA-HeeQ
Part 4: http://y2u.be/5MzGfaa9Yto
Part 5: http://y2u.be/FbaSNOEb8VQ

WEBSITE – https://www.odellconcrete.com

INSTAGRAM – https://www.instagram.com/odellconcrete/

FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/odellcompleteconcrete

TIK TOK – https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJmGt4e3/

1. jjacquez94 on September 20, 2021 at 11:04 pm

I just finished doing a similar retaining wall but using the Angelus blocks, I’m trying to add a wall cap for the Angelus block but I can’t seem to find any for them, wondering how much those wall caps cost?

2. Steven Olson on September 20, 2021 at 11:04 pm

I’m going to replace an existing railroad tie retaining wall with similar blocks.. Should I use the concrete base similar to how you did it or do the usual 3/4in pebble rock base?

3. Trevor Vera on September 20, 2021 at 11:05 pm

Wow amazing this is what I plan on doing to my place next summer

4. landon morel on September 20, 2021 at 11:05 pm

why dont you use the dingo to haul concrete out? seems like a lot of unnecessary labor with wheel barrows

5. Sam Rmma on September 20, 2021 at 11:06 pm

Can you stick these paver bricks with mud cement type S?
    do they window on top

6. Jared Thomas on September 20, 2021 at 11:08 pm

I’m just starting my business and I have a similar size job building a retainer wall. What would you charge for something like this?

7. Ken Forsberg on September 20, 2021 at 11:09 pm

Crazy big backyard, even better after clean-up.

8. joed596 on September 20, 2021 at 11:11 pm

Wow . . . that was a LOT of backbreaking work to remove all that concrete and overburden! 😮 Those tree roots were really something, too 🤔 This is gonna look _great_ when you’re done! Thanks, thumbs up, and looking forward to the rest of the project as always, Joe 👍🇺🇸

9. Dan Larkin on September 20, 2021 at 11:13 pm

Mini x you would have been on the next job

10. RHEC 951 on September 20, 2021 at 11:15 pm

Question: how come they didn’t run the plate compactor instead of hand tamping it.

11. Roberto Cartwrighto on September 20, 2021 at 11:15 pm

I might’ve missed seeing it, but it really helps to backfill around the base layer before the next row gets laid. Use 3/4 inch jagged gravel and pack it in around the base bricks. That’ll ensure the base won’t move at all as the subsequent layers are being added. Crucial step.

12. Joe Schlotthauer on September 20, 2021 at 11:16 pm

Stop by my place will you…

13. Dmitriy on September 20, 2021 at 11:17 pm

Great job and excellent attention to details!

14. Ajstyle48 on September 20, 2021 at 11:17 pm

he’s not uploading now on his channel. odell complete landscape . i like that too.

15. Andy Matti on September 20, 2021 at 11:18 pm

That backyard is a nightmare with all the roots. I can already tell this is going to be a great job when we see the finished product. Great work

16. Good Times and adventures on September 20, 2021 at 11:19 pm

With all the money…. You guys need to buy a machine.

17. Baby Catcher on September 20, 2021 at 11:22 pm

The sheer amount of tonnage you had to bring in by hand amazes me!

18. Tinderbox on September 20, 2021 at 11:25 pm

I don’t understand people who replace a nice big grass lawn with concrete.

19. Willie Porche on September 20, 2021 at 11:26 pm

Tic tac toe? You’re supposed to write your name at least somewhere on a project. Under those caps would have been a great spot.

20. Conrad Haigh on September 20, 2021 at 11:27 pm

With the brick you removed wouldn’t it be easier to use it as hardcore, it seems that you just throw it in a land fill. Over here in the UK they crush it up and use it as hardcore before you put the concrete. Instead you bring new stone clippings in. It’s just a thought

21. David Silvera on September 20, 2021 at 11:28 pm

Hey David, your link to Part 2 in your description links to this video, Part 1.

22. Robert Stoneking on September 20, 2021 at 11:29 pm

Sorry if I missed it in your video but how are you handling all the run off from water?

23. djm93 on September 20, 2021 at 11:29 pm

Full send bro never lift stay humble always 😏🤙

24. EJ on September 20, 2021 at 11:30 pm

Hey you should post more Demo videos really enjoy watching those

25. Dudley do rite on September 20, 2021 at 11:35 pm

How much is concrete were you are located? Its about $126.00 a yard in upstate ny

26. Mike Wilson on September 20, 2021 at 11:36 pm

The bottom row of Retaining Wall Bricks should have been buried under the ground with gravel. That sand will wash away. Also, hollow blocks are prone to failure.

27. Nic Thomas on September 20, 2021 at 11:36 pm

Fascinating project with great editing.

28. 818116A on September 20, 2021 at 11:36 pm

How high can you build a retaining wall with that type of block? Looking forward to the rest of the vids on this project. Thanks.

29. JustLouIt on September 20, 2021 at 11:38 pm

Dang, thats some good ol fashion Man work. Society is getting so soft nowadays.

30. Casal de Novela e Séries on September 20, 2021 at 11:39 pm

🇧🇷

31. Ricardo Diaz on September 20, 2021 at 11:41 pm

I can watch this channel all day!

32. Dan Larkin on September 20, 2021 at 11:41 pm

I use mid-state Kabuta the machine will pay for its self

33. Vince Ventimiglia on September 20, 2021 at 11:41 pm

I’m about to build a 2′ tall wall at my home as well. I’m trying to decide if I need to run drainage for a short wall like this. What do you think?

34. Bryan Lloyd on September 20, 2021 at 11:42 pm

That looks great!!

35. Teresa Mèxico on September 20, 2021 at 11:43 pm

That concrete removed could have used to fill some gabions as fence, wall, etc..

36. Antonette Broomfield on September 20, 2021 at 11:44 pm

Great job as always!!

37. Joeak74 on September 20, 2021 at 11:45 pm

Just subscribed… I’ve never seen concrete used under the first run like that. This is interesting. Is there any advantage to this compared to using gravel, then sand? I’m getting ready to do a retaining wall that is about 24 to 30 inches high.

38. Adil Ahmed on September 20, 2021 at 11:46 pm

Hi, what do u call the long metal rod he used to break the concrete?

39. JackAceINC on September 20, 2021 at 11:47 pm

Hey David, been watching for years love your work. I see that you guys come across what appears to be a lot of concrete that didn’t have rebar or mesh in it. Was this a common practice in your area or was this someone trying to cut cost? I’m in the Dallas area and have been pouring/finishing for about 30 years and have only seen this a few times and usually when a past homeowner poured a small pad or something. I will say we do have bad soil here, lots of clay and very expansive, so we always use some form of reinforcement no matter what we do.

40. stevie 1 on September 20, 2021 at 11:49 pm

your son cant lose ,old man to fallback on ,gives him confidence ,fed up saying it great work lads ,enjoy

41. Murphy James on September 20, 2021 at 11:49 pm

What the retention weight capability per course or vertical foot? Can i use a product like that to over 8’ tall as a true retaining wall for landscape and pool construction purposes?

42. Jürgen on September 20, 2021 at 11:50 pm

5:25 Anyone seen the grandmother looking over the fence?

43. TheBoneMan on September 20, 2021 at 11:50 pm

Just found you guys, now I can’t stop watching. You do some really great work!

44. Good Times and adventures on September 20, 2021 at 11:51 pm

You tube alone should pay for a machine for you guys.

45. paddy foley on September 20, 2021 at 11:51 pm

great to see guys digging in,none of this media assistant crap,love the vids

46. Joseph Coutts on September 20, 2021 at 11:51 pm

Love watching your videos David. Informative and oddly therapeutic as well. Hi from Geneva, Switzerland.

47. Dillon DeClue on September 20, 2021 at 11:56 pm

I enjoy the videos but why all the manual labor using wheel barrows to move material instead of the mini skid to move material from the back to the front dumpsters?

48. Tim Jones on September 20, 2021 at 11:57 pm

Timothy is a great name. Looks good. Cool video

49. Sheldon Offenbach on September 20, 2021 at 11:59 pm

Why leave the old wood fence?

50. J on September 20, 2021 at 11:59 pm

What does all of this cost the homeowner?