Container Gardening On A Budget | Dollar Tree

Container Gardening On A Budget | Dollar Tree

Welcome back to my channel! I purchased most of the things I used from this video at Dollar Tree, I understand most of us are staying home at the moment but good thing they do have an online store.๐Ÿ˜‰ I hope you enjoy!
๐Ÿ“ท IG: http://instagram.com/ashleyhoneywood

My Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/ashleyhon…

My Favorite Planner Products: https://www.amazon.com/shop/ashleyhon…
Current Planners:
Catch All: https://amzn.to/2ufEqjU
Wellness: https://amzn.to/30FX6p8
Classic Skinny: https://amzn.to/37hu7ug

Loc Info:
Loc’d Since September 14th, 2018
Loc Count: 78
Loc Journey Playlist:

Favorite Loc Products: https://www.amazon.com/shop/ashleyhon…

For Business inquiries contact: honeyandashbeauty@gmail.com
* Disclaimer* There are some links that are affiliate links that I will earn a profit from if used. I use these earning to support my channel

1. Bees And Seeds on October 3, 2021 at 7:59 am

Iโ€™ve never seen the 12 pack of pots at my local store. I need to keep my eyes open. Thatโ€™s a good deal

2. Elizabeth Bread on October 3, 2021 at 8:01 am

so did you grow the seeds in the smaller containers with the seed starter soil and then once it grew out of the ground you tranferred it to regular soil in those shared containers?

3. DEBBIE LEIGHTON on October 3, 2021 at 8:01 am

YEP ONES I WAS TALKING ABOUT

4. Ronalda Bratcher on October 3, 2021 at 8:01 am

I use old plastic pots, paint and seal them for new-to-me pots

5. Yolonda Richardson on October 3, 2021 at 8:02 am

This is so good to know. I’ve never seem a raised bed like that. You have inspired me…thanks a lot.

6. Veronica V on October 3, 2021 at 8:03 am

Just made my first purchase to MIgardener, thank you for the recommendation! ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

7. Carolyn Clay on October 3, 2021 at 8:04 am

LOVE ๐Ÿ’˜ YOUR SHOW, BEAUTIFUL AND PRACTICAL!!! PLEASE SHOW MORE GOOD ADVISE,,YES IT IS VERY THERAPUTIC ,I STARTED MY GARDEN LAST YR

8. AGENT RED has retired! on October 3, 2021 at 8:07 am

Great tips…

9. Brenda Bodwin on October 3, 2021 at 8:08 am

I use Dollar Tree garbage cans to grow red potatoes in. I get around 15lbs per can. But, you can use them, and, the soil for several years.

10. Eileen Galindo on October 3, 2021 at 8:10 am

Now I understand how my uncle has so many containers laying around

11. Neha Kulkarni on October 3, 2021 at 8:11 am

Very helpful…. also search for Model stores for dollar tree

12. Tsumi_the_ hapa on October 3, 2021 at 8:14 am

I was sooooo upset when I went to Walmart to get gardening supplies only to see the same thing at dollar tree. Great video my love

13. Jean216 on October 3, 2021 at 8:14 am

I live in a mobile home in an in-town park with tiny sites. This is the best place for us, now, in our old age. But I do miss back in the day when I had a huge garden, big enough to grow corn and pumpkins and melons and potaoes. I am a frustrated gardener and I love these videos.

14. Tee Dawg on October 3, 2021 at 8:14 am

This video was very helpful. I garden 100% in containers.

15. Amanda Horner on October 3, 2021 at 8:15 am

how do you keep your nails looking so good if you do gardening

16. Kim Williams on October 3, 2021 at 8:15 am

Great video Ashley

17. Key's Rean Thvea on October 3, 2021 at 8:17 am

Thanks for showing

18. DEBBIE LEIGHTON on October 3, 2021 at 8:17 am

I GOT ALOT OF THEM UUU SNAP THEM TOGETHER MAKE A TOWER OF THEM I BOUGHT 24 TO MAKE TWO TOWERS ON EACH SIDE MY HIGH TUNNEL

19. J Sturkey on October 3, 2021 at 8:20 am

U didnโ€™t have to take that off. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

20. Susan Shufelt on October 3, 2021 at 8:20 am

Get the seed starting mix but I didn’t use this. Well than how do you know that it works well?

21. Assencia Fernandez on October 3, 2021 at 8:22 am

I just subscribed to your channel and love your video so much. I love the containers where you planted the herbs and vegetables. Unfortunately, none of my dollar tree stores near me have these containers. All sold out but next time, I’ll shop earlier for the containers. Love all your plants. You definitely have a green thumb! Very helpful video! Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

22. Val Drzewiecki on October 3, 2021 at 8:24 am

I use jobes fertilizer spikes for my potted plants, especially to start. Got at my local grocery store for $1.99 for an 8 pack. Its a 4-4-4 blend so pretty solid for a basic pot fertilizer

23. carol durand on October 3, 2021 at 8:25 am

Here in UK have to keep all pots covered by chicken wire because any bare earth seen by foxes they will dig up looking for bulbs etc

24. Eileen Galindo on October 3, 2021 at 8:26 am

Oh my god! I love the stackables. Seen them at my local dollar tree and didnโ€™t know how the heck to use them! Super cute.

25. janie dee on October 3, 2021 at 8:27 am

I’m not the only one to get plants out of peat pots.
    I had so many root bound plants die in peat pots I dont plant those pots any more.

26. theresa wolf on October 3, 2021 at 8:28 am

Love your presentation. Down to earth, easy to understand and on my kind of budget. Thanks! Trying to keep organic can be challenging, I use solutions of peroxide and water, rubbing alcohol and water and neem oil. Cheaper, healthier and does a decent job.

27. Diana Schumaker on October 3, 2021 at 8:29 am

Not sure if I missed it, but did you punch drainage holes in the bottom of each stacking pot?

28. monet774 on October 3, 2021 at 8:30 am

Iโ€™ve got my patio full of plants/veggies/pots. Great video. Gardening on a budget

29. Things you should know on October 3, 2021 at 8:33 am

Thanks for sharing.

30. Tannenbaumgirl on October 3, 2021 at 8:34 am

Be prepared to water them twice a day…if you miss a day in the summertime, they will die and all your work will be for nothing.Those little pots will dry up in a flash and the small amount of soil is not enough to build a good root structure. Dollar tree is junk as far as gardening supplies goes. The Yarrow will spread out thru the entire container as they have massive root systems and there won’t be room for anything else…add more soil! The other containers also need more soil. The potting soil used isn’t enough to sustain a growing plant….add more soil and supplement with nutrients (fertilizer of your choice), I use organic fertilizers.

31. karin0963 on October 3, 2021 at 8:34 am

Ooh! I love the three potted planter, that would be so cute for my herbs.

32. B Teem on October 3, 2021 at 8:35 am

The way to save unused seeds is to save them in your fridge. I’ve done it for years.

33. Lolaโ€™s Living on October 3, 2021 at 8:37 am

Thanks for sharing great tips your vedio inspired me new subscribers watching from California

34. Chester Ogilvie on October 3, 2021 at 8:41 am

Thereโ€™s no work around for obtaining cheap potting mixes. Those little 2lb bags for a dollar are a ripoff when you can get 40lb bags at Walmart for $8 (the cheapest route for low grade quality)

Also those pots are too small for salad greens and root based produce. All they are good for is herbs, wheatgrass, succulents, etc..

35. Jackson Harlem on October 3, 2021 at 8:41 am

Love it! I have a small balcony garden and this is sweet, Ashley!

36. Sunshine4 Days on October 3, 2021 at 8:41 am

Thanks for sharing!! Love your ideas!!โค๏ธ

37. Heidi Kollar on October 3, 2021 at 8:43 am

Just made a trip to dollar tree and loaded up on the containers and trays. Thanks for all the great advice. New subscriber.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š Have a blessed day!

38. nic sim on October 3, 2021 at 8:43 am

Its good to grow potatoes in them compost bag. Roll them so they’re short and as the spuds grow fill up the bag & unroll

39. Spiritual Cat Lover on October 3, 2021 at 8:43 am

Glad I found this channel… Appreciate this,. Thank you.
    ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

40. Tracey Ifversen on October 3, 2021 at 8:44 am

I bought those planters that stack for flowers. Do you worry that they probably aren’t food grade material that are bpa free. Just curious I keep seeing that in other videos.

41. Whiteelk on October 3, 2021 at 8:44 am

My husband’s favorite phrase = Ain’t no shame in my game. I have found ( in the garden stuff ) the majority of the items either work better and / or last longer than the big name brand stores as well.
    P.S. at 7:38 I bought 4 of those for my Herb garden and those are well worth the money for sure. I love the hands off self watering reservoir. I only have to fill it maybe once a week depending on how dry it is throughout that week.

42. TheEffortlessLife on October 3, 2021 at 8:46 am

Just found your channel by accident. Love your vibe just from this video. Looking forward to getting to know you on here.

43. R Nguyen on October 3, 2021 at 8:47 am

Hi Ashley, I watched your video last year and was so excited to start, but it was too late in the season. This year you inspired me to head to Dollar Tree and get all my seeds and supplies early! Seeing all of your fresh and beautiful veggies in your video motivated me to start several things from seed, and the other day, I harvested my first lettuce ever and I couldnโ€™t believe I didnโ€™t kill it ๐Ÿคฃ. My family really enjoyed fresh salad from our own garden. Regarding those peat pots, I do remove the biodegradable container because it does take a long time to break down. I understand at least to remove the top part, otherwise it will wick water up from the plant itself. It was so thoughtful to make a planter for your mom ๐Ÿ˜. Thank you so much for the clear explanation and demo! Loved the soothing music, too!

44. Miriam R on October 3, 2021 at 8:47 am

I started a garden for the first time this year and found lots of items at the Dollar Tree. Thanks for sharing some great ideas.

45. Iggy-not-Pop on October 3, 2021 at 8:48 am

WHAT A CUTIE ! LOVELY GIRL. I SAW THOSE 3 – POT STACKING PLANTER UNITS AT ONE OF OUR DOLLAR TREE STORES. A FEW DAYS LATER, THEY WERE COMPLETELY WIPED OUT ! NOT A ONE LEFT ! I EVEN WENT TO THEIR WEBSITE IN DESPERATION & COULDN’T FIND ANYTHING LIKE THEM, ARGH ! I WAS SO FRUSTRATED ! WISH I HAD GRABBED THEM WHEN THEY WERE THERE ! A LESSON LEARNED, HOPEFULLY.

46. Lydia O on October 3, 2021 at 8:49 am

Thank you for the great tips. Went to MI Gardener and bought some really nice seeds…thank you!

47. Ginger Snaps on October 3, 2021 at 8:50 am

Very informative. Thank you

48. Brenden Rauch on October 3, 2021 at 8:51 am

A cheap way to fertilize is to make your own! I use food scraps like coffee grounds, egg shells, banana peels soaked in water, as well as cooled pasta water (unsalted) as well as other water you boil food. Just no salt or oil. Probably more natural and cheap fertilizers you can make.

49. Irishcloth on October 3, 2021 at 8:52 am

I’m totally just putting this out there but conventional seeds are 20 cents each. You’d have to look at the weights to see if it is a better deal. I think there may be more variety too ๐Ÿ™‚

50. Cj Sessa jr on October 3, 2021 at 8:53 am

My job sells cookies and the sleeves are large enough to use for seedlings. They also get pickles in 5 gallon buckets that i also claim. They make fun of me but whatever