DIY: How to Build Raised Garden Beds for Sloped Yard Using 2×6 Boards

DIY: How to Build Raised Garden Beds for Sloped Yard Using 2×6 Boards

Learn how to make raised garden beds out of 2×6 boards without spending a fortune! This design is perfect for sloped yards and flat ground. I also show how to make planter boxes that are: gopher proof, weed resistant & water proof. Happy organic gardening!

#HomeImprovement #DIY #GardenBeds

MORE DIY VIDEOS:

How to Roof a House: https://youtu.be/-3hGoF-1zFU
Pallet Garden Beds: https://youtu.be/866MwgJ2bVg
Raised Garden Beds For Sloped Yard: https://youtu.be/o0UKFi7IZDI
Backyard Foraging: https://youtu.be/809Tf7RK95M

📚My new Van Life Hacks eBook is out: https://sergeiboutenko.com/shop/
🚐 Sergei’s home on the internet: http://www.SergeiBoutenko.com
🌱 My wild edibles book: https://amzn.to/2W91Cwo
🎧🎸🎵 I get all my royalty-free music here: https://shutterstock.7eer.net/q91Gb
🌪Need a good blender? Buy a Vitamix: http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-8738261-1308447

🎥 Keep Watching…

I Want Abs: https://youtu.be/0ted-vl-Vd0
Powered By Green Smoothies: https://youtu.be/tovkf5nxXKk
30-Day Green Smoothie Challenge: https://youtu.be/2HTT37VdE-8
Wild Edibles with Sergei Boutenko: https://youtu.be/EM81V9sgdos
Van Boom: https://youtu.be/OniYdmH6QKA

1. Bressanone Italien on October 4, 2021 at 8:23 am

❤️

2. John Gee on October 4, 2021 at 8:23 am

Hose was really nice . But i wouldn’t put anything editable in them just flowers only . that’s just way too open for me anyone walking by could steal or be hateful

3. Tim Miles on October 4, 2021 at 8:26 am

How’s the garden holding up?

4. john whitley on October 4, 2021 at 8:28 am

Well done.

5. Anna Davis on October 4, 2021 at 8:30 am

Nice! Smart move on the “ hill”. Thank you for sharing!

6. Anton Shkabara on October 4, 2021 at 8:32 am

I did it myself. Find Woodglut quickly. if you want to do that.

7. Backyard Eden on October 4, 2021 at 8:34 am

Great video! I definitely agree with making the fewest cuts possible. I have quite of few tools but why work harder when you can work smarter. I usually build my beds either 2×8 or 4×8. What have you grown in them so far?

8. Romaine Athey on October 4, 2021 at 8:36 am

Quick easy access to many projects with Woodprix plans.

9. Sandrea White on October 4, 2021 at 8:37 am

I love this video. I want a 4×8. Thank you for sharing.

10. Isaiah White on October 4, 2021 at 8:37 am

You sound like I know I wouldn’t like you. You sound like a know it all but clearly by your carpentry skills you don’t know dick. Jesus ur voice and tone is soooo annoying. I’m so glad your angles are wrong and your beds won’t be level that makes me happy inside

11. Brian Franks on October 4, 2021 at 8:37 am

You should have done 2 things different.
    1. Use Pressure Treated Lumber for outdoor use, then no need to use the Oil you did. (a bit more expensive wood, but no need to use the oil)
    2. Place a landscape fabric over the wire to help keep the soil from spilling out a bit. This will stop weeds, grass, and other things growing if you have ground contact as well. Cardboard is OK in the long run, but at first when you water it, it can cause pooling and runoff!

12. Jayden Brumous on October 4, 2021 at 8:39 am

Hi. I think you need to take some time and take a quick tour of Stodoys website to find out how to do this.

13. adamtki on October 4, 2021 at 8:39 am

To go cheaper, you could’ve just used 2×4 for the corner posts. Since they’re sitting on the ground, that’s all the reinforcement they’ll need. Plus if you cut them 2 or 3 inches from the top, they won’t even be visible after you put dirt in them. Another benefit of using 2×4 posts instead of 4×4 is that they’re much easier to cut.

14. Ryan Littler on October 4, 2021 at 8:39 am

Instead of using oil what happens if u just spray paint the wood

15. Aliceson on October 4, 2021 at 8:39 am

Out of all the diy raised garden beds, this is the oil nly one ive seen that says how to build for a sloping landscape. I live on a hill and was having trouble figuring out how to add a box we without digging out some of the land. Fantastic!

16. Leon Perez on October 4, 2021 at 8:40 am

Pretty sure boiled linseed is toxic. Wouldn’t grow anything with that stuff

17. Charles Robbins on October 4, 2021 at 8:41 am

Most videos on here do advocate for cedar because it’s a LESS expensive route, not more expensive. If you are using cedar picket fence pieces they are less than $2 each instead of $6 as you chose to purchase. Good video though.

18. Espresso Dave on October 4, 2021 at 8:41 am

thanks, love the simple, no nonsense, money saving video.

19. DeborahDean Torain on October 4, 2021 at 8:42 am

Can it be sprayed on to the wood

20. Romelia Polly on October 4, 2021 at 8:42 am

If you want to build it yourself just google for woodprix. I know you will find good solutions for all your ideas.

21. Cravens Boughner on October 4, 2021 at 8:45 am

Woodprix is nice for that.

22. Romaine Athey on October 4, 2021 at 8:48 am

My husband used these plans from Woodprix and he is very pleased.

23. movietime101 on October 4, 2021 at 8:48 am

What if you had the ground treated withered killer

24. Mitch on October 4, 2021 at 8:51 am

I did my pine Shou Sugi Bon style with a weed torch

25. baeps on October 4, 2021 at 8:51 am

if you had a steeper hill how would you fix the footings to the ground?

26. Ray Cauvier on October 4, 2021 at 8:51 am

great j’ai aimé votre vidéo tres simple et efficace, je me construit cette été des  récipientent a légumesm et je me sert de votre idée,  🙂

27. Reyna Blanc on October 4, 2021 at 8:52 am

By far the best dyi on raised bedding!

28. Matt Gray on October 4, 2021 at 8:52 am

so everyone knows, boiled linseed oil contains arsenic, beryllium, chromium, cadmium and nickel. its not "boiled" per say. im not sure why they call it that. that being said it looks like once it dries it wont leach into the soil. i havent found any hard proof of this however.

29. Rusty Schelling on October 4, 2021 at 8:52 am

Your gopher wire is called hardware cloth.

30. mary speight on October 4, 2021 at 8:53 am

Enjoyed the video, the fact that so many of us are out of work, ( nancy, u reading this? ) any way to save money is appreciated. Absolutely cannot afford the ceder material. Took your advice regarding the linseed oil. Only thing different was to precoat the lumber first! Then cut and assemble , and grow !!!!! Cheers. G.S.

31. John Jay Gurcsik on October 4, 2021 at 8:54 am

Not a how to…

32. Atreyu Buscay on October 4, 2021 at 8:56 am

thank you for this video your video will be on my company

33. Dale Herzog on October 4, 2021 at 8:58 am

Another option would be to use 8′ Cedar fence boards. In Louisiana they run about $4.50 per board. I screw two of them together which is about the same as your 2×6’s.

34. Jorge Gandara on October 4, 2021 at 8:58 am

very helpful DIY vid!!

35. Robert Orr on October 4, 2021 at 8:59 am

Looks good! I like the tip on boiled linseed oil.

36. Dan Brown Jr on October 4, 2021 at 9:01 am

Just by treated wood if your concerned about rot, treated wood doesn’t have to toxins or VOCs you used to have to worry about, wouldn’t cost that much more

37. grassabrutta on October 4, 2021 at 9:02 am

Raw linseed oil is safe for human consumption. However, boiled linseed oil is heated and treated with chemicals that make it toxic for humans. I would not eat vegies grown in that box.

38. F Thibodeau on October 4, 2021 at 9:02 am

Great video thanks! Question, can you add tint to make it darker (color to linseed oil)? Cheers!

39. Tom Yau on October 4, 2021 at 9:02 am

This was a wonderful video. Thanks for sharing. How long are those 2×4 and 4×4 pieces?

40. Starr Stewart on October 4, 2021 at 9:07 am

Check woodprix handbook if you want to make it cheaper and better.

41. Jim Kaspar on October 4, 2021 at 9:10 am

Well done.

42. Aces High on October 4, 2021 at 9:11 am

Mine were better built but similar design. 3 of 4 collapsed as the weight of the beds with rain caused legs to sink unevenly into soil. Twisted frame under weight of rain and they collapsed at the end of summer. Soil was only 10”.

They were over built by a carpenter and like tanks.

If legs sink unevenly your done. I even jacked them up and put all legs on bricks. Still sunk unevenly and twisted and collapsed despite many screws and gorilla wood glue…

43. Sharon Beaner on October 4, 2021 at 9:12 am

This is the best video on this topic that I’ve viewed. Well done and thank you.

44. Jason Saggo on October 4, 2021 at 9:13 am

Nice beds. In the future I would recommend using raw linseed oil as boiled linseed oil has chemicals in it to speed up the drying time.

45. Shriya's Kutty Farm on October 4, 2021 at 9:14 am

Good video.Result of hard work. Give your valuable comments to improve our channel thank you. Stay connected and stay blessed

46. Kartel Farley on October 4, 2021 at 9:14 am

awesome job. Quick question what was the cost of the soil and how yards did you purchase?

47. Scott1Lori2 on October 4, 2021 at 9:15 am

People are going walk by and steal your peppers man!

48. navarra1969 on October 4, 2021 at 9:18 am

Waste of time and money, by experience never use wood if is in contact with water, it doesn’t last more than 2 seasons. You should use brick or concrete blocks that can last your lifetime. My boxes became 🐜 hotels besides larvae and a hidden place for undesirable critters. Red cedar can last longer but it will decay and it will look ugly.

49. KomKash on October 4, 2021 at 9:20 am

thanks for the tip

50. C Peterson on October 4, 2021 at 9:20 am

Great except no actual building and no tripod( queasy city )