Growing Herbs : How to Design an Herb Garden

Growing Herbs : How to Design an Herb Garden

When designing an herb garden, decide which herbs to grow, find a place to grow them, and decide if they’ll be planted in beds or containers. Design an herb garden that will receive at least a half a day of sun with tips from an experienced gardener in this free video on gardening and growing herbs.

Expert: Yolanda Vanveen
Contact: www.vanveenbulbs.com
Bio: Yolanda Vanveen is sustainable gardener who lives in Kalama, Wash.
Filmmaker: Daron Stetner

1. Gayathri Nagarajan on October 5, 2021 at 8:12 am

We too have a terrace vegetable greens and herbs garden

2. jamie moten on October 5, 2021 at 8:13 am

What the fuck are "erbs"

3. Finnadoche on October 5, 2021 at 8:17 am

if a region pronounces a word a specific way, use the regional way to say the word when interacted with people in that specific region

4. Ash Perry on October 5, 2021 at 8:19 am

erbs?

5. Mona Morgan on October 5, 2021 at 8:20 am

Some people use any excuse to bicker LOL thanks for your good tips.
    I say the word Herb with a silent H too.Not everything is pronounced the same world wide
    , here in the "colonies" we do and say it our way.

6. sweetwater88 on October 5, 2021 at 8:25 am

You’re not very worldly are you?

7. Abeer Abdullah on October 5, 2021 at 8:33 am

thank you madam for those tips.

8. StephenOwensTV on October 5, 2021 at 8:40 am

I just done a video making a herb garden, in a container, on my channel, I love the way you say Herb "erb" If you have just a small area take a look. You will probably find the way I say Herb funny to? I guess.
    Great video thumbs up to any one encouraging herb growing 🙂
    Steve

9. Abeer Abdullah on October 5, 2021 at 8:41 am

@rdmviet I’m not English native, and I learned that word as h-erb but my American teacher said it is erb. It is confusing.

10. L Dai on October 5, 2021 at 8:53 am

Mint is a wonderful herb, but it’ll quickly take over in the garden…better to grow it in its’ own planter.

11. Sherman F. Childers on October 5, 2021 at 8:53 am

You are a lovely lady. Thank you for your presentation.

12. PR Riches on October 5, 2021 at 8:55 am

This was great and thank you! Quick question: thus far, I’ve kept my herbs (dill, cilantro, rosemary, and chives) and I plan to put them on my deck, however, i am noticing tiny-small bugs in the soil. What should I do 🙁 ? Is this normal?

13. luckymirai on October 5, 2021 at 9:03 am

thank you so much for this video. I am currently trying my hands to plant some herbs in my little garden. I just started last week and I am really ignorant when it comes to gardening.I hope you can make more videos on how to use herbs and how to grow them. I have parsley,lemon balm,basil,peppermint,applemint at the moment. Pls. help me on how to use them. thanks.

14. lamoabird on October 5, 2021 at 9:04 am

Very intructive! Thank you!

15. Sheds Direct Manchester on October 5, 2021 at 9:10 am

I got your thought as you presented it very well with your own accent. Thanks for the tips and guidelines! Undoubtedly speaking, existence of herbs in your garden are probably the most popular group of plants and it can be planted in so different ways.