Vegetable Garden Tour | Raised Beds & Containers: P. Allen Smith (2019) 4K

Vegetable Garden Tour | Raised Beds & Containers: P. Allen Smith (2019) 4K

Garden Home Television Host P. Allen Smith takes you on a spring garden tour of the One Acre Vegetable Garden at Moss Mountain Farm. In this tour Allen focuses on the entryway to the garden and some examples of raised-bed and container gardening ideas. Allen also give us a sneak peek of his new Peony Garden!

Topics Include:
Spring Gardening
Entryway Design
Garden Structure & Form
Vegetable Garden Design
Herb and Flower Combinations
Container Planting
Raised Bed Gardening Design
Edible Flowers
Pollinator Plants
Growing Asparagus
Peony Garden Design

“Whether you choose to garden in containers and framed beds or prefer to garden in the traditional way, there are some general tips you should consider before you get started. Check out these tips to get started on my website.” ~ P. Allen Smith

Kitchen Garden – Getting Started

—–
P. Allen Smith’s Garden Tours are made possible by the following sponsors. (So go check them out!)

Gilbert H. Wild and Son

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pallensmith/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/pallen_smith/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/pallensmith

1. pamela woodall on October 5, 2021 at 8:01 am

No music , please.

2. Kate McCrea on October 5, 2021 at 8:01 am

I love your videos. Your voice is so relaxing, and you give so much great information that I’ve been using in my gardening. I live in North Carolina, so we get a lot of pollinators naturally, but I grow plants specifically to attract them since I read about how they’re becoming endangered. I’m learning the ropes of vegetable gardening from my mom, and she uses raised beds as well, but she has them on gravel platform instead of directly on the ground. Seems to really work, but we have problems with rabbits and deer getting in. Do you have any advice on how to keep them out?

3. Chris Michelle Hall on October 5, 2021 at 8:02 am

Beautiful garden. Thks. I’m learning so much from u.

4. Jee Jean Vitto Vlogs on October 5, 2021 at 8:07 am

Wow!!! What a lovely and beautiful garden. Thank you for sharing.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

5. North Texas on October 5, 2021 at 8:08 am

I am planning to plant collards in containers this spring! Also, lettuces( red leaf romaine) and green leaf and spinach of course. All organic.

6. Elaine Greenwood on October 5, 2021 at 8:08 am

P. Allen does an extraordinary job conveying his education, experience, talent and overall gardening expertise. His videos are joy to watch.

7. Sona Taylor on October 5, 2021 at 8:09 am

Love the way u explain things wish I could come to see your garden how can I buy see from you?

8. M. E F on October 5, 2021 at 8:10 am

What do you consider early, mid, and late blooming peonies? Thanks from Chicago ๐ŸŒธ

9. Mary Turner on October 5, 2021 at 8:10 am

I am in Oklahoma 7B I have 2 varieties Sarah Bernhardt and another I donโ€™t know the name. They are beautiful

10. I KILL PRETTY THINGZ on October 5, 2021 at 8:11 am

We need the bees much more now ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ

11. Alora S on October 5, 2021 at 8:11 am

Iโ€™m going to have to get some more pollinators for my container garden tomorrow.

12. Linda Beebe on October 5, 2021 at 8:12 am

We have got to stop calling โ€œborderedโ€ beds, raised beds. If you canโ€™t stand to tend them, they arenโ€™t raised. They are in a low container. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

13. Sonya Curti on October 5, 2021 at 8:13 am

Whats the name of this podcast that you keep mentioning???

14. jolyndaj on October 5, 2021 at 8:13 am

Just beautiful. I like the diversity of your garden and the embracing of a better life. I especially loved the peonies and sage. I am sorry to see the cut down trees. I love trees. ๐Ÿ’•

15. Rose Marie Nin on October 5, 2021 at 8:14 am

How do you get the peoniesโ€™s stems to grow strong enough to hold the weight of the flower?

16. Kathy Miles Design on October 5, 2021 at 8:16 am

Please put the plant names on the screen when you talk about them. Thanks for sharing; you’re such an inspiration.

17. Kristie Reed on October 5, 2021 at 8:17 am

Those large bees with the shiny black bottoms are carpenter bees, they bore into wood. The last bee (yellow) on the flower looked like it was on a Lilly was a honey bee.

18. Shelly on October 5, 2021 at 8:20 am

I planted several Russian sage along a fence line at our old place and didn’t enjoy it after the second year and thereafter because it spreads and is hard to keep under control. I personally don’t care for the smell of them either.

19. Sophie Smietana. on October 5, 2021 at 8:22 am

Beautiful. Gave me great ideas thanks again.โค

20. Love Green on October 5, 2021 at 8:25 am

Great video โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‘โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

21. Clara T on October 5, 2021 at 8:25 am

I love everything you do , your gardens bring me joy

22. Eliman Gibba on October 5, 2021 at 8:27 am

P.Allen your show is very educational & entertaining. Where are you located & when can visitors see your garden ?

23. purpledame germkl on October 5, 2021 at 8:29 am

Since last year i want to add Russian Sage and Verbena in my flowerbed. Due to Lockdown wasn’t easy to visit the garden centers. Hope i have better luck this year. Keeping fingers crossed that my Peonies flower late spring.
    Greetings to you, Allen from Berlin, Germany. Hapoy Gardening๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿ€๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท

24. Shasta Daisy on October 5, 2021 at 8:30 am

Wow , Allen you are such a good teacher of nature and plants! I own a landscape business and I’m now offering design and install of vegetable gardens "Edible Landscapes"๐ŸŒฟ I’m learning SO much watching your videos , I just took 2 pages of notes! thank you so much! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒฟ
    I hope to get out to Arkansas for a tour of your gardens and farm in Spring 2021๐ŸŒฟ

25. lisa schaeffer on October 5, 2021 at 8:32 am

Do you grow any tomatoes, peppers and beans?

26. Fernando Meza on October 5, 2021 at 8:32 am

How much would it cost to build a garden like this ? Asking for a friend

27. Grumpy Bollocks on October 5, 2021 at 8:33 am

There is nothing at all *creepy* about this guy, or the well-to-do ladies swooning over this ol’ stud-muffin. Cringy as fuck to watch.

28. Maria Oliveira Silva on October 5, 2021 at 8:35 am

๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜

29. Hear and Obey on October 5, 2021 at 8:35 am

If you cut that russian sage all the way down to the ground in the late fall it will come back brand new with no old wood. ๐Ÿ™‚

30. FoodBaby on October 5, 2021 at 8:36 am

I thought treated wood was not safe for growing vegetables you want to eat. Can you tell me why you are using treated pine?

31. Dina C on October 5, 2021 at 8:38 am

I absolutely love to watch every show that you have!You are so amazing and I want to be just like you!Maybe one day I can do more gardening as I love it so much,but since Iโ€™m a single mother working 7 days a week ,I donโ€™t have much time but I still get some gardening done !Ive been watching you for so many years,I love all the cooking shows too as I love to cook also!Keep on gardening and cooking,I donโ€™t miss one show!!Much love and appreciation!!
    ๐Ÿ˜Š

32. Gertrudes Tuazon on October 5, 2021 at 8:39 am

Thanks for a nice video of your garden๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜

33. Camelia Turda on October 5, 2021 at 8:40 am

๐Ÿ’œ

34. Gg on October 5, 2021 at 8:42 am

Have every hear or seen a 4 o clooks.
    Speaking of edible flowers.
    Mom said Old-Timers used to eat the bulb of this plant.
    they grow in shade and their aroma after opening in evening or around 4: 00 is absolutely WONDERFUL!

35. Becky Hansley on October 5, 2021 at 8:42 am

Dear Mr. Smith, I go to you for ALL my gardening queries! I cannot locate your ratings for safe plastic vegetable gardening. Other sites rate #5 as the top plastic grade followed by 2 and 4, staying away from containers rated 1, 3, 6 and 7. I would appreciate YOUR input on this as you are my HIGHEST RATED gardener! Sincerely, Organic

36. D Motta on October 5, 2021 at 8:42 am

Pecker rose ๐Ÿ˜‚

37. Intishar Ghina on October 5, 2021 at 8:44 am

So pretty

38. SissieKelley714 on October 5, 2021 at 8:47 am

I agree with saving the precious rain water- is hard work carrying a lot of jugs but all my plants are so healthy- our community water source is awful on my plants so kinda makes me wonder how good it is for us!,

39. Janice Tong on October 5, 2021 at 8:47 am

Is espalier fruit trees practical in Las Vegas? Will the intense sunlight burn the trees?

40. Fannie Allen on October 5, 2021 at 8:48 am

Those peonies are my favorite. Such a beautiful garden.

41. Gg on October 5, 2021 at 8:48 am

Love your garden
    A self-sustaining
    Farm that idea has been lost. wonderful
    To seen.Thank you๐Ÿ˜Š

42. SoCal Kevin on October 5, 2021 at 8:50 am

Your landscape is just stunning P. Allen Smith! Everything is so lush and full of life! You’ve done a truly amazing job!

43. Beth DRSRDP on October 5, 2021 at 8:51 am

Have you ever made Chive vinegar? You can drop chive heads in a bottle of white vinegar, and keep them there until the vinegar turns a light purple, then remove them. Use the vinegar in a salad and drop the chive heads on your salad, too

44. Kim Martin on October 5, 2021 at 8:52 am

Are hyacinths beans edible?

45. Backyard Gardens TV on October 5, 2021 at 8:54 am

I have been watching you for many years. This is the reason we do what we do! Thank you for showing us your gardens. Quick question though how much time do you spend working in a garden that size?

46. Natural Beauty on October 5, 2021 at 8:55 am

Can a raised bed be put on top of a concrete slab? My boys use to play basketball on this slab when they were younger. I have 3 4×4 lifetime beds that I would like to put it on this slab if possible. Any tips for this. Thanks very much.

47. Just Jo Jo on October 5, 2021 at 8:56 am

Hi! Hope all is well. Curios what color your tool sheds are painted. Thank you!

48. Sarah Mascara on October 5, 2021 at 8:58 am

Stunning and inspiring.

49. Mayfield Manor on October 5, 2021 at 8:58 am

Lovely! Growing vegetables and fruit can be so rewarding and beautiful. Thank you for sharing! Mayfield Manor

50. MF Marshall on October 5, 2021 at 8:58 am

Can you tell me what is covering the ground. Your garden is beautiful.