How To Plant Gorgeous Window Boxes // Gardening with Creekside

How To Plant Gorgeous Window Boxes // Gardening with Creekside

It may be the dead of winter, but now is the perfect time to be planning your Spring garden! Join me as I show you how to plant gorgeous window boxes that will bring a whole new level of beauty to your space. By following the simple recipe of “thriller, filler, spiller”, you too can have stunning window boxes that will last you for months on end – even in the shade!

Window Boxes

Stay Connected with Gardening with Creekside

Website https://www.gardeningwithcreekside.com/
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/CreeksideNurseryInc
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/creeksidenursery/
Email jenny@gardeningwithcreekside.com

Creekside Nursery
181 Pine Hollow Dr
Dallas, NC, 28034

1. Peggy Shook on October 8, 2021 at 8:29 am

Will have to change out the liner each year?

2. Fabio Leonhardt on October 8, 2021 at 8:30 am

๐Ÿค—๐ŸŒฟjardim …

3. Blooming in CT on October 8, 2021 at 8:30 am

Gorgeous window box! The Caladium are so pretty! I canโ€™t wait to get some in the ground! Question: Is each of those plants from one corm?? Or did you pot up more than one corm in each of the PW pots?

4. glitter but on October 8, 2021 at 8:32 am

Thanks for sharing this it looks beautiful.

5. Laura Petro on October 8, 2021 at 8:33 am

I’m already excited to plan my spring planters. So happy to see one month later and how it filled in. Have to get some of that verbena! ๐Ÿฆ‹

6. James Neidlinger on October 8, 2021 at 8:34 am

Wait a "Hot Mess" minute. Ye ole lil gray cells noted some Deja vu gardening going on .. lol. Just as inspiring the second time around

7. L Angela Tallent on October 8, 2021 at 8:34 am

Magical ๐Ÿ’ž!!! So beautiful โค๏ธ!!!

8. Drase Lee on October 8, 2021 at 8:34 am

Iโ€™m a โ€œDisneyโ€ gardener. When you have a shorter growing season, you want instant gratification. Ok, Iโ€™m also a super impatient gardener ๐Ÿ˜‚๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ

9. K March on October 8, 2021 at 8:35 am

Wow! At first I thought the smaller semi-circle planter was too small for that window but with those monster plants in the update it looks just right.

10. Jasmine Louise Farrall on October 8, 2021 at 8:36 am

They are beautiful ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐ŸŒพ I have snow at the moment and itโ€™s gorgeous xx

11. chelsea lorene on October 8, 2021 at 8:37 am

In my location, we haven’t seen the sun in 3 days and it’s been cold and windy and drizzly, yuck! However, I could almost feel the late springtime warmth and smell the air while watching your video! And hearing the birds in the background was music to my ears. Thank you for cheering me up from my wintertime blues! ๐Ÿ™‚

12. Kim Fierek on October 8, 2021 at 8:39 am

Zone 4 Disney Gardener. Boxes are gorgeous looking to use your plant combo this year. Thanks

13. Frauke G. Facchini on October 8, 2021 at 8:41 am

We would like to see the follow-up next!

14. ivette santana on October 8, 2021 at 8:41 am

I aint no disney anything lol. Small plants are cheaper and a joy to watch grow.

15. Frauke G. Facchini on October 8, 2021 at 8:43 am

Great inspiration, even if it was last MAY! LOL!

16. Marilyn Baldwin on October 8, 2021 at 8:44 am

I loved this video when I seen it before! And i still love it now!

17. Carol Milburn on October 8, 2021 at 8:45 am

Last year. Plantings thanks for the tease

18. Tiffany Nipp on October 8, 2021 at 8:46 am

I love love love this! I found your channel through Laura with Garden Answer. I have really enjoyed your channel and the window boxes are just gorgeous! ๐Ÿฅฐ

19. Anna Hutchens on October 8, 2021 at 8:47 am

I just watched your planting a window box video and what I noticed you doing was not planting each plant all the way immersed in the soil. I have always planted it all the way in the soil, but I will try this and use the mulch idea too. I also have not filled my boxes as full thinking everything needed room to grow but you seem to pack it fairly full from the beginning. Thank you for the video. I gave me some new ideas to use…๐Ÿ™‚๐ŸŒบ

20. Katherine Cornette on October 8, 2021 at 8:49 am

๐Ÿ’youโ€™re teasing us!

21. Mary Jo Curci on October 8, 2021 at 8:50 am

Great info and inspiration, as always! Please share the size hay rack you planted up on your kitchen table window.

22. Danica Case on October 8, 2021 at 8:50 am

What is that fantastic lime green hosta with the long leaves??

23. Southern Yankee on October 8, 2021 at 8:52 am

Hi Jenny can these handle a cold frost? Iโ€™m in virginia zone 7b and we are getting like 28 degrees at night and like 45-55 degrees during the day. Oops disregard I saw this was filmed in May.

24. suzanne thompson on October 8, 2021 at 8:54 am

I just told my husband yesterday that needed a window box full of flower at our mud room window. He said it would cause too much water to be in contact with the siding. Do you know if that’s true and any chance of rotting the wood underneath?

25. Nicholle Hillier on October 8, 2021 at 8:55 am

Absolutely beautiful! Loving all the lush green behind you. Gorgeous combinations ๐Ÿ˜Š

26. Lynn Ackerman on October 8, 2021 at 8:56 am

I’m sooooo jealous!!!! I’m looking out my windows and seeing SNOW ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

27. Shirley J. Davis on October 8, 2021 at 8:57 am

Canโ€™t wait to see them grow.

28. L.E. Miller on October 8, 2021 at 9:01 am

That window box is huge. That’s a whole raised bed.

29. Shirley J. Davis on October 8, 2021 at 9:01 am

What type of mulch are you using.

30. Realize Your Art - Garden Art Studio on October 8, 2021 at 9:03 am

That was great. I have a few windows that are north-facing shade windows. I think I might try some window boxes this Spring. Thanks so much.

31. Eva Sonntagskind on October 8, 2021 at 9:05 am

Oh my! I feel freezing just seeing you wearing those short sieves! I know the video must be older- but it still feels so wrong! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ great video anyway.

32. DCT14 on October 8, 2021 at 9:06 am

I remembered when this video first โ€œairedโ€, and I enjoyed it then. This time made me dream of the time when we can plant all these beauties again! Thanks Jenny ๐Ÿค—

33. Tracyโ€™s Home & Garden on October 8, 2021 at 9:06 am

Is it spring already in your garden zone?! Such a lovely treat for me this morning to see this planting video during our coldest winter month right now. Those Caladium pink leaves are so pretty ๐Ÿคฉ…..a beautiful & stunning combo of plants ๐Ÿชด! โค๏ธ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜
    Ps. Description says โ€œMayโ€! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ A treat for me, all in all! ๐Ÿค—

34. J. Lee on October 8, 2021 at 9:07 am

It’s nice to remember how everything looks when it’s green! Thanks for this colorful video on this cold, gray Virginia day! I preordered a Sun King Aralia online because yours looked so beautiful in the background.

35. Beth Gaither on October 8, 2021 at 9:07 am

I’m an hour north of you and kept thinking "no way!" Then I read that this was filmed last May๐Ÿ˜€. Thanks for, as you said below, inspiring us. I love calidiums!

36. Angela S on October 8, 2021 at 9:08 am

Please share some more shade plant ideas! I need shade basket ideas.

37. KMW on October 8, 2021 at 9:08 am

Is this April 1st? ๐Ÿ˜†

38. Peggy Shook on October 8, 2021 at 9:08 am

Lots of good info. So pretty

39. Dixiana Yard on October 8, 2021 at 9:09 am

Good Morning sweet Jenny ๐ŸŒ…

40. Cristal Johns on October 8, 2021 at 9:12 am

I live these hayracks. Are you worried about moisture up against the house from watering?

41. Logan Simpson on October 8, 2021 at 9:13 am

Great video from your favorite nephew

42. Brenda B on October 8, 2021 at 9:13 am

I just want to say that Kinsman containers are the best! I have have several planters for at least 25 years, they are worth every penny. I replace the cocoa liners every other year and they are good to go.
    I love watching you and learning from you. I lived in Michigan (zone 5) for 59 years and knew about all the different plants and what they needed and how they grew. Well, I moved to Texas (zone 8a) almost 4 years ago and it is like starting all over again! I am learning how to deal with this heat and what will survive in it!! ๐Ÿฅต Thank you for helping me out! ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒธ

43. Ann on October 8, 2021 at 9:15 am

I hope you show us how you cut back and cut off the dead/overwintering blooms on your hydrangeas. I’m waiting until Valentines day to work on mine.

44. Lyn Moon on October 8, 2021 at 9:15 am

Beautiful. It’s got me dreaming:)

45. Pete Fredrick on October 8, 2021 at 9:17 am

You are so entertaining! Love your videos. So envious of your window boxes.Thanks for putting an update of the flowers, they grew and look beautiful. I love it that you don’t cram plants in the pots to give instant gratification. You just have to be patient and yours surely looked beautiful. I have a huge kitchen window that would love to add these. My only question is why didn’t you add a window box on the other window? I’m a stickler for balance and to me it looks odd. Looking forward to see what you plant this year.

46. Jo Johnston on October 8, 2021 at 9:18 am

Gorgeous! So much inspiration for the spring/summer!

47. Patricia Denis on October 8, 2021 at 9:19 am

Thank you for sharing. Beautiful window boxes.

48. Dorinda Jenkins on October 8, 2021 at 9:20 am

๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ˜„

49. The Enthusiastic Gardener on October 8, 2021 at 9:23 am

Hi Jenny, I was thinking how quickly your snow disappeared and the sun came out .. then you mentioned it was May ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ but itโ€™s so lovely seeing some colour and makes me look even more forward to Springtime and planting again ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š