Cottage Garden Tour 2020 – Farmhouse Flower Garden – Flower Garden Makeover – Easy Garden Design

COTTAGE GARDEN TOUR 2020 – FARMHOUSE FLOWER GARDEN MAKEOVER – EASY GARDEN DESIGN IDEAS

Come see our flower garden makeover! In this video I’m sharing my first ever cottage style flower garden! I am so excited about this new space. It has been a vision in my mind for so long, and it’s so much fun to see it come to life! To me, a cottage style flower garden is care free and full of whimsy and charm. I look forward to watching it all grow!

Since I am still finding my way in the world of flowers and landscaping, I didn’t bother trying to pronounce the names of all the plants I chose, so instead, I’ll leave the names below for you.

Hostas
Spring King Mini Salvia
Early Start Velvet Phlox
Golden Moneywort
Autumn Joy Sedum
Crystal Peak Obedient Plant
Baby Joe Pye Weed
East Friesland Sage
Caradonna Salvia
Canyon Creek Abelia

I decided against the landscape paper since these plants are meant to grow and spread. I didn’t want to block anything from coming through! Also, we still need to add mulch, but I couldn’t wait to go ahead and share the progress with you guys! I hope you love it as much as I do, and I hope you are inspired to do a little digging in the dirt yourself!

XO,
Leah

You can shop of our home here: https://www.liketoknow.it/Grace%20Lee…

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/graceleecottage/

Shop Young Living here – https://www.myyl.com/graceleecottage
~Free access to my essential oils online community + a special welcome gift bundle from me when you enroll as a member with any premium starter kit!

1. Hydrangea Paradise on October 10, 2021 at 8:25 am

You have lovely beautiful garden 🌸🌺🌼🌻

2. Hydrangea Paradise on October 10, 2021 at 8:28 am

Just subscribed. Can’t wait to see more of your videos. You have amazing yard. With all that spaces I can just dream of 🌸🌼🌻🌺

3. Beverly mccraie Mccranie on October 10, 2021 at 8:31 am

Beautiful!!!!

4. Nancy Dee on October 10, 2021 at 8:42 am

I would have been nice for you to read the tags because we sure can’t

5. Kelly Charles on October 10, 2021 at 8:49 am

The Cardonna Salvia is rated very high in my gardening mag as a prolific bloomer and easy care plant, great choice. The Obedient plant is called that because when you cut a stem for a vase you can arrange it in any position and it will hold its form, it also spreads so it should fill in the area rather well. Phlox is pronounced ‘flox’, hope that helps. Baby Joe Pye weed is one of my favorites, it is loved by pollinators and should spread a bit but not too much, they also like moisture. What zone do you garden in? The Autumn Joy will fill out each year and as they get larger you may need to divide them into smaller plants and spread them throughout your yard, especially if they start falling over and flattening in the middle, when that happens just divide them or look up Chelsea chop and try it. I’ve been gardening for over 20 yrs, I’m a bit obsessed. lol I love that so many people are getting out in the garden this year, it really is great therapy. The bed looks great, I hope you enjoy it for years to come.

6. Kelly Charles on October 10, 2021 at 8:52 am

The plant you couldn’t remember the name of looks like Autumn Joy Sedum.